Rochester Regional Health Employee Reviews

Billing
Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NYDecember 1, 2017
I was hired to work in the billing department but was asked to fill in for secretaries. I was also paid at a secretary level, which was very unfair. I would not go back to this hospital. I miss my co-workers more than the hospital.
A good starting out job
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Greece, NYNovember 28, 2017
The people who work there are not very friendly and they do not respect you as a coworker. The management forgets what you have talked to them about and don't like to accommodate you.
easy and relaxed place to work
Patient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 28, 2017
Managers are awesome. very lenient and very understanding. only left for monetary reasons. would recommend working here to anyone. plug in headphones and just get your work done and you will have no issues.
fast paced no advancment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYOctober 30, 2017
great job for a stepping stone. offers benefits but to expensive. no understanding about medical leave. more of a number then an actual employee. a lot of drama between staff
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eleder OneOctober 21, 2017
I enjoy my job. Its never boring and I have good co workers and managers. I feel my manager really cares and everyone really wanted me to succeed. I getnfeed back regularly and find it to be a positive environment
Pros
Never boring. Supportive management. Benefits and a pension
Cons
My job can be stressf
produtive place to learn
Licensed Mastered Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 20, 2017
I was the only SW for 10 practices and there was not hope of getting any help. This was a bit stressful. I also did not have a lot of face time with my supervisor as she was in Rochester and I was working in Wayne County.
Pros
exempt status
Cons
no help
I was a Full-time Hospitality Assistant at Unity
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 9, 2017
Long long long days 6am-7pm (13hr days), but you only worked 3 days every week with rotating weekends. This was an easy yet stressful job.You simply entered in diet menus and transferred food trays. It only became stressful when we had low staff (which was frequent). This position had very high turn over because of the amount of time you had to work and walk. My usual day consisted of 10miles of walking. The pros were that I got paid vacation, holiday pay, and met tons of different people from different backgrounds.
Pros
hr breaks, paid vacation, holiday pay
Cons
Lots of walking, stressed patients, long days, low pay
pct
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Greece, NYOctober 1, 2017
horrible place to work, nurses treat techs like slaves. Enjoyable working with other techs however management and others do not care about employees..
It was a demanding job.
Business Office Associate/Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 1, 2017
Processing claims was not an easy task.

There are denials that had to be worked and payments that had to be tracked down.

Have to match payments to invoices.
Good place to work for but low pay
Business Account Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 26, 2017
I love my job, for the most part, but they expect a lot out of you for the little they are willing to pay. The thing that upset me the most after my first year here was that, despite the fact that I was busting my butt and doing more work than anyone else on my team, I only got a 25 cent raise because the raises are not merit based. I tried applying for a few jobs internally, but it seems like they don't really want you moving around within the company once you are in a position.
Pros
Good health care, nice people. good sized cubicles.
Cons
bad training, no room for raises or advancement.
low pay hard work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 26, 2017
low pay hard work you need to be really into wanting to take care of people and have a big heart to work here cause the pay is very low. the people are nice coworkers and management
Pros
good hours
Cons
low pay
paced out depending on your department
PCT (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 18, 2017
typical day learn a lot of customer service different ways to solve issues, each manager is different. Some communicate face to face, while others communicate through email. Different cultures and races are accepted. The hardest part is being misunderstood or having miscommunication. The best part is working with others and getting to know new faces. Its a good start in the beginning of a work career. Decent place to work for. The pay rate could be better
Cons
short breaks, working weekends, shift rotation
culture of organization is good
Business Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Rochester Regional is an ok place to work. Needs more room for advancement and promotion within the organization. The culture overall is good! Needs more team building .
Just a job
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochester NYSeptember 10, 2017
Not much advancement just a cog that is easily replaced. Moral is very poor. Not much push or drive to be better than yesterday. Made to feel not important but the higher ups.
Pros
Pays the bills
Cons
Health care too expensive wages aren't enough to be ahead
Excellent place to work
Unity Hospital kitchen as a volunteer worker (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 8, 2017
I enjoy volunteering at Unity Hospital (which is why I said I have no paid vacation days on the previous page) because there's a consistency to my work. I have a set list of jobs to accomplish on Saturday, and on Sunday, I have no time for negativity. I have make sure each tray gets the right milk or juice (sometimes more than that), and I love working at the hospital. I have no intention of leaving.
Pros
Discount on lunches, free TV if I check in as a patient
Cons
Labor CAN be tedious at times, but that's no big deal.
Great Place to work
Access Associate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 8, 2017
I work in the cancer center
Very busy environment
Can be very depressing at times but also very rewarding
The job is stressful as it is in most health care settings
The staff work great together and make it a great place to work.
Before the merge it was great, after the merge it sucks.
Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2017
RGH use to be a great place to work before the merge with Unity. After the purge, oops I mean merge it degraded quickly and people started disappearing. There are still a lot of good people there, but management has gone down hill.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
bad management
Stressful, non supportive and dishonest
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Mills LandingAugust 24, 2017
Nurse managers have meetings to gossip about staff. They have favortism among aides. They were dishonest during the hiring process when describing your job duties. Mill Landing is assisted living facility however all there residents are not independent. The residents require full assistance, hospice or skilled nursing care. Your voice does not count. The staff are cut throats and not willing to work as a team. If there are call ins, the Nurse managers will not come in to help. They will leave you responsible to care for all residents alone if no one comes in. Majority of the staff will lie to save themselves! Horrible workplace!
lead office staff not supportive
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 22, 2017
I was consistently second guessed and then when I had a seizure at work I was barked at to have passwords reset to get back into the system and continue working for the day. Then asked to give a list of passwords to said lead staff to have so if it happened again they could just get me back in. I was made to work the rest of the day and drive home post ictal. not a good experience. I am not longer able to drive as I had a second one before work and ended up in ER. I can only work close by.
Pros
close to the only pharmacy we were allowed to use
Cons
highly stressful
interesting job
Food Service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 4, 2017
you learn a lot of things here, the only problem is that they tell you things that never happen. helping the residents where i work is the main reason that I come in each day. I love helping people if I can.
Pros
helping others
Cons
no foward job training