Rock Church Employee Reviews

My favorite job
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 26, 2017
taught me better teamwork skills and to always keep the customer happy and more than satisfied. My favorite job of them all would have to be copper's ridge because i truly enjoyed ensuring a better quality of life for the residents.
Pros
free lunches, happy faces
Cons
short breaks, constantly changing hours
Fun workplace.
Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 18, 2017
One of the best thing was. To have the opportunity to teach at the Rock Church. In the beginning I was afraid, but once I spend time with the kids I knew that everything was going to be ok.
Relaxed environment with lots of hands on learning and social interactions.
Light Operator (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMarch 20, 2017
I learned how to work hands on with Jands Vista lighting equipment, Pro Tools recording software with live talent. Spent most of my time in the sound booth working with another partner/mentor. Most enjoyable part of the job for me was team meetings every Sunday morning and Thursday rehearsal.
Pros
Learned something new each week, very social
Cons
Short staffed, needs funding for other programs at the church
Great place
Sound Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 24, 2016
Great Church to take the family to. Good values, fun times, and the music is always good. Great people involved. There is no hard part to the job, just show up, set up, mix the bands, and leave.
First Century Meets the Info Age
Interim Global Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2016
Rock Church is a true bible teaching church. All the staff are rooted in the word of God as it is written however very modern for the times. They incorporate various technologies and new developments in order to share the gospel. They have stylish decor to bring a classy and comfortable atmosphere to guests and staff. Praying for one another is a common practice and so is change. The culture is evolving yet always keeping to a lean financial structure. Some find the amount of change difficult to endure, there is certainly a "God first" environment and sometimes we have to stop and listen to hear the new direction, but when it's heard we all hit the ground to serve. I really loved every moment.
Lifestyle work enviroment, fun, exciting, rewarding
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 14, 2016
strong team culture
co-workers are family
management is great, as long as you have initiative, and are a hardworker
hardest part is the long hours, but the vision drives you.
best part is seeying the fruit of your work and seeying the impact of those long hours
Pros
Free lunches, team offsites
Rock Church
Worship Pastor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CADecember 10, 2015
Love the people here, I wish it was a little more stable on the job front. I was hired at a high salary and they even acquired me through a placement company and paid them 20% all to not "Hire" me at the end of my contract. The church grew by 1200 members in that 6 months which is a successful venture.

God is in control of all and is using the Rock in awesome ways but for my family and I it was unstable at the end of the time, based on management and clarity.
Pros
Great location, great people, great God.
Cons
Unstable
Hard working job with no part time, only full time benefits
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2015
As a part time, I get 4-6 hours of work. When I'm there I either do cashier, or production. It's go go go. I must say we all work well as a team and the manager's treat us like family. The hardest part of the job is dealing with crazy customers. I sometime had to call the cops.
Pros
We have a family culture at work
Cons
Over work and Under Paid.
A creative and challenging enviroment that provides opporutnity for growth.
College and Generations Pastor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WAJune 27, 2013
The staff at The Rock Church are some of the most competent, creative and fun people around. I learned how to lead groups from as small as 4 to multiple groups totaling 120. It's a tight knit group that provides community and support.
fun workplace
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 19, 2013
interact with children , set up for church events. prepare food, security for concerts and church services.
Pros
full 8hr work days
Cons
temporary summer job