Rock Tenn

Rock Tenn Employer Reviews

okay place but major turnover
Loader/checker forklift operator (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 8, 2015
I have been there since August and seen at least 20 people come and go. rules change apon the employee and I feel it should be the same across the board for all employees. There are things I see wrong with the management and don't care for there employees.
Inspected Boxes
Quality Tech (Former Employee), Marion, NCFebruary 27, 2015
I inspected boxes before going to cutting department. while working at the company I found other employees were very nice and respectable to work with
Avoid this place, not worth it!
stacker/helper (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: plenty of overtime if you want to live there.
Cons: very dirty, and generally not safe
Avoid at all cost! hard work, they don't allow time for you to learn your job, expect you to know everything after the first time shown. money is ok but not worth it, general attitude for everybody working there is poor, and not very helpful. preach safety but want turn around time done in 15 min or less, nothing enjoyable about this job!
Rocktenn was a great experience
Kronos Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 19, 2015
I learned all of my Kronos experience with RockTenn team. I learned how important it is to communicate well with other teams or departments regarding a specific project or task that was scheduled or not. The days were busy troubleshooting issues with Kronos timecards, reports, Citrix issues, or just specific setup within the application. On top of this there were other projects going on with accruals, attendance, and implementation of locations or acquisitions. The team members I worked with were great! A great group of people who were experts in their position. I always knew who to go to to get specific questions answered quickly. The management team was great! I worked with some of the best managers. There was always an open door policy if you had issues or concerns. Your voice was heard, most of the time. The hardest part of the job was taking your work home with you...there was not always time in the regular day to get your tasks completed so much of it had to go home with you...it was hard to leave it until tomorrow but sometimes you had to. The daily challenge of the issues and new projects, and working with the people were the best part of the job. It's really a great place to work once you find your rhythm.
Good Job
Laborer/ Heavy Equipment Driver (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Good Job, good place, learned a lot of skills that i can take with me to other career opportunities. overall good
good place good people good work great over time
A really bad place to work!
Mechanic/Electrician (Former Employee), Newark, New JerseyFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: too few to mention.
Cons: read above.
I never worked at any company with as bad a work environment as Rock-Tenn's! Several times I was asked by management what I thought was the cause of the mechanic shop's bad atmosphere (EVERYONE knew how the mechanics were stabbing each other in the back) - I have to specify 'mechanics' because, incredibly, despite them earning very good money (FAR better than the machine operators), they were all disgruntled, miserable people. Vying to be 'top mechanic', they didn't respect the lead mechanic, would sabotage his efforts and talk behind his back. No information was shared (for instance second shift would have no idea of problems encountered by first shift). Mechanics were even stealing other mechanics tools!! The lead mechanic didn't help matters because he would give all the 'important' jobs to two workers who deemed themselves 'the A team', even though they were nothing special (other than being there longer): they pressured him to maintain their 'special relationship' by the unspoken threat of leaving him unsupported when they would be needed most: with the big jobs that they had done together previously, basically locking themselves into a permanent preferential status! Noone was smart enough to see this for what it was, a gang mentality. The plant manager NEVER came into the work area so he only heard the opinions of the supervisors, some of whom were real 'haters' and who certain mechanics had learned to deviously manipulate. At first I didn't understand all this but eventually I realized that MANAGEMENT itself was to blame, advocating a turn-in-your-coworker policy: any – more... small disagreement and one party was sure to run into the office to 'tell' - often employees would take pictures with their telephone's built-in cameras to prove 'wrong-doing' - a favorite was someone dozing off! The plant manager would eagerly threaten workers with the 'evidence' he'd collected - I believe he even sent his supervisors out on 'evidence procuring' missions, cameras at the ready! The union rule of senior employees being able to commandeer the available OT didn't help either: classless greed, like the 'senior' employee of a two-employee-shift taking ALL the OT was the order of the day - the union reps there work WITH the plant manager, not for the employees - need I go on...is it even possible to have an unhealthier workplace?? – less
review
On call EMT PRN (Current Employee), Hodge, LAFebruary 1, 2015
HAVE NOT WORKED THERE LONG ENOUGH TO GIVE A PROPER REVIEW I BELIEVE.

NOT VERY GOOD BENEFIT PACKAGE BUT IT IS WITH THE GUARD COMPANY
Really trying to improve
Prefer not disclose (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: great compensation, safety program
Cons: bullying
Too many hours and if your not liked, will not get anywhere
Excellent safety program built by former Safety Manager not current
Bullying will occur
Trying to really push an excellent culture, however taking too long to implement at facility
Certain people should not be anywhere near management/leadership positions
Education is not valued for advancement
Arrogant leadership team especially from regional Black Belt
Good regional training program
Was OK when you get to work
Production Worker (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: ok place to work
Cons: daily staffing
You work on a line assembling displays. The people that you work with were great. The job was not really hard. I really enjoyed when I got to work.
very low moral plant wide, poor communication
1st Press Operator (Former Employee), Joplin, MODecember 4, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: lots of hours
the pay is pretty good but not a good job for a family person. they require a lot of over time and as many as 15 12 hour days worked straight.
ups and downs
Dry End Assistant C for Paper Department (Former Employee), Florence, SCNovember 22, 2014
learned a lot, management not all on same page, most people good to work with
Very productive work place
Laborer (Former Employee), Clinton, IANovember 18, 2014
A typical day at Rock Tenn was to do a lot of heavy lifting, learned how to operate different machines, management was okay never really had to deal with anyone, coworkers I got along with but a lot of them were not very nice, Having to lift heavy things was the hardest part of my job and run fork truck lifting big rolls of paper off the trucks.
Productive and organized work environment.
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee), Kimball, TNNovember 13, 2014
Pros: good co-workers and learn something new everyday
Cons: being on call 24/7
Very fast paced work environment. I am the only maintenance tech on 2nd shift for the last three years and I am on call 24/7. I have been called in over 30 times so far this year.
Laborer (Former Employee), ALOctober 24, 2014
Pros: short lunch
Cons: short breaks
I learned about safety and proper ways to lift. Very fast paced environment and safety first.
Its a very good company to work for
Field Engineer Contractor (Former Employee), Hopewell, VASeptember 29, 2014
The fellow workers are very helpful
I gained a lot of experience that can be transferred to other jobs
Packer
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Ridgeway, VASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: hour lunch and thrity minute brakes.
Cons: slow workers.
Pack material like Tampax pads and tampons. Also learned how to label production with stickers you place on the side of each box.
the job was good
Machinest (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2014
getting there clocking in and checking the machines started feeding boxes sometimes they broke I had to fix them sometimes had to run more than one machine got along with all management and co workers hardest part was getting laid off enjoyable was having a job and going to work and being useful
Ever changing envioronment
Finishing Department Manager (Current Employee), Lebanon, TNAugust 12, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: long work days
Good place to work on average. Long days and workload can often be stressful. Trying to create team atmosphere.
Good family work invironment
Corrugator / Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOAugust 10, 2014
Pros: decent pay, benifits
Cons: long unpredictable hours
day of work is filled jokes and laughter,importence of team work,its hard never knowing what days you are off,but just working hard making things happen is the best part of the job
Productive Workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Tulare, CAAugust 5, 2014
A very good place to work with others as a team. Everyone followed the rules.

1 2 3 4