Rock Valley College Employee Reviews in United States

Great co-workers and supportive managers
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 3, 2016
Co- workers are friendly and willing to help. Management is encouraging and encourages support staff to look for opportunities for growth. The hardest part of the job is the rate of employees leaving the company and the work that is left behind to be redistributed among remaining employees. The best part of working here is the opportunity to work with students to help shape their future.
Management is very friendly and easy to work with.
Manager, Programming Services Group (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 18, 2016
RVC is a great place to work. Everyone is very friendly. Unfortunately, the State budget problems became the problems of RVC too. Until the State of Illinois gets its act together and commit to its financial obligations to the colleges of Illinois, the individual colleges that depend on this money for funding will have to learn to live without it.
Pros
Great benefits such as vacation time and insurance.
Every Day At Rock Valley College
Plant Operations Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 1, 2016
I tried my best to make working at Rock Valley College Fun.
I was the guy who made the lunch table into the ping pong table.
I loved making people lives safer and full filling their wants and needs at work
Great students
Adjunct Life Science instructor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 16, 2015
Excellent place for learning to occur. Management is under pressure due to Illinois Budget problems but has been very good in the past. The hardest part of the job is working with the union and administration. In other words the politics involved
Pros
Great faciclity and students
Cons
politics
Autonomy is appreciated
English as a Second Language Instructor (Current Employee) –  ILNovember 4, 2015
Rock Valley College English as a Second Language Program provides instructors with the basic framework of what is expected in their classes, with the ability to adapt to the specific needs of each class.
Pros
Competitive pay, flexible work environment, free and occasionally paid training, good comraderie within the department and willingness to consider individual experience when hiring.
Cons
limited to less than 18 hours of classes per week.
good courses
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 12, 2016
affordable courses, small campus. Money saver. Wish there were more options to do more course online however, or courses later in the evening.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 9, 2016
I love working for Rock Valley College. As a college student, I believe that it important to gain work experience for the "real world". RVC gave me that opportunity.
Wonderful place committed to improving the lives of students' and welfare of the community
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 27, 2015
Rock Valley College is a College that is committed to providing an inclusive, challenging, and rewarding workplace. They have just about any job to suit any interest you may have.
my fav job
IT student worker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 21, 2015
i loved everyone i worked with and it was by far my fav job i loved helping the students and being allowed to repair computers and do admin work
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Love the environment & management!
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 6, 2015
In between semesters can get slow which is difficult for someone who likes to remain busy but other than that it is a great place to work.
Wonderful opportunity
Institutional Research Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 17, 2014
I appreciate having the opportunity to work and gain valuable experience while earning my degree.
• Office administration and management
• On-line survey creation
• Data table and data request completion
• Schedule management
• Answering and directing calls
• Copy/fax machine operation
• Daily Microsoft Office use
• Problem solving
• Artistic signage creation
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
low pay grade
Working to better the community by providing quality training and education to secure ample employment
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 9, 2014
I love my job at Rock Valley College. The job continues to challenge me and make me a better person helping the community to educate themselves so that they will be viable members of society and socially able to take care of themselves and their families
Pros
work life balance, compensation is very good, benefits are outstanding, coworkers are very nice and friendly, different races and people getting along for the better good of our community
Cons
not much room for advancement, several part time jobs, took a long time to get in the door, applied for 7 years and finally hired.
Productive workplace with a great culture
Financial Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 22, 2012
My typical day that the office is never typical. Every month is different from the one before. There are several internal and external deadlines that my department must meet. The ever changing enviornment is one the of the things I enjoy most about my position within the College. Out of all of my positions that I have held throughout my life, RVC has taught me the most. I have fine tuned my time management, communication skills, and knowledge of serveral different computer applications. The culture that RVC has cultivated is one of family. My co-workers are my second family, and I miss them when I take vacations.
freindly environment
Student Worker/ Record Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 6, 2012
working on the computer inputing data is a typical day of work. I have learned that when you are sitting in an office with nothing by women that comes from many different of lifestyle everyone personality is different. I just learned to be me and always encourage my co workers. The most thing I enjoyed working in that environment was how we all can come together and cook for each other at least twice a month and fellowship.
An excellent place to connect to students to provide a learning environment.
Instructional Librarian (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 7, 2013
Ample amount of teaching time and work on the reference desk Co-workers were very close together and functioned as a unit, Lots of paperwork that took away from the practical aspects of running a library.
Pros
excellent heathcare. excellent leave policies.
Cons
bureaucracy heavy. lacking leadership. no room for advancment.
fun environment
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 29, 2014
My supervisor taught a lot about welding procedures and the fabrication industry. The best part of the job was the experiences I had when I was there and all the teachers I worked with.
Great place to continue education
College Student (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 17, 2015
Good locations in town to choose from. Instructors are very helpful.
Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 2, 2014
Worked at the College as a student worker attending there. Worked in the IT department to assist students with their computer needs and to assist in setting up accounts.
Continue Education Instructor
Certified Kickboxing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 29, 2013
This is such a great school/company to work for, I would recommend anyone to this company. I work at a community college in Rockford, IL.
Fitness instructor
Certified Kickboxing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 10, 2013
I taught cardio kickboxing to students, I used boxing gloves and focus mitts to show students how to box, defend themselves but also have fun

4.5