Rock Valley College Employee Reviews

Admissions Rep (Current Employee) –  admissionsMay 1, 2017
Nice place to work, would reccommmend it to others, really dont have much to say. I salso enjoyed the job and experience. If you are looking for a school where tteachers care rock valley is excellent.
educational workplace
Student Worker/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 28, 2016
the learning atmosphere of educational experience that is well needed to reach the goal for a successful career. Rock Valley helps you maintain the level of excepts for a lifetime.
Pros
work study
Cons
travel between schools
Faculty members very supportive
Tenured Professor in Social Sciences (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 6, 2016
Faculty members very supportive...students motivated to learning...enjoyable part of job is seeing increase of graduation rates...many students first in family to go to college
student worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 22, 2016
worked as a student worker and circulated books along with interacting with students and librarians and worked behind the circulation desk
Pros
no fiduciary responsibility
Cons
taking time away form studying
Systems Support Tech/Assistant Admin (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 21, 2016
I worked for the college for 11 years. My job duties included Antivirus administration, VIOP Telephony assistant administrator Microsoft server installation and maintenance, virtual sever setup and maintenance via VIclient. I was laid off due to IL state budget cuts.
Great co-workers and supportive managers
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 3, 2016
Co- workers are friendly and willing to help. Management is encouraging and encourages support staff to look for opportunities for growth. The hardest part of the job is the rate of employees leaving the company and the work that is left behind to be redistributed among remaining employees. The best part of working here is the opportunity to work with students to help shape their future.
good courses
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 12, 2016
affordable courses, small campus. Money saver. Wish there were more options to do more course online however, or courses later in the evening.
Every Day At Rock Valley College
Plant Operations Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 1, 2016
I tried my best to make working at Rock Valley College Fun.
I was the guy who made the lunch table into the ping pong table.
I loved making people lives safer and full filling their wants and needs at work
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 9, 2016
I love working for Rock Valley College. As a college student, I believe that it important to gain work experience for the "real world". RVC gave me that opportunity.
Management is very friendly and easy to work with.
Manager, Programming Services Group (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 18, 2016
RVC is a great place to work. Everyone is very friendly. Unfortunately, the State budget problems became the problems of RVC too. Until the State of Illinois gets its act together and commit to its financial obligations to the colleges of Illinois, the individual colleges that depend on this money for funding will have to learn to live without it.
Pros
Great benefits such as vacation time and insurance.
Great students
Adjunct Life Science instructor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 16, 2015
Excellent place for learning to occur. Management is under pressure due to Illinois Budget problems but has been very good in the past. The hardest part of the job is working with the union and administration. In other words the politics involved
Pros
Great faciclity and students
Cons
politics
Autonomy is appreciated
English as a Second Language Instructor (Current Employee) –  ILNovember 4, 2015
Rock Valley College English as a Second Language Program provides instructors with the basic framework of what is expected in their classes, with the ability to adapt to the specific needs of each class.
Pros
Competitive pay, flexible work environment, free and occasionally paid training, good comraderie within the department and willingness to consider individual experience when hiring.
Cons
limited to less than 18 hours of classes per week.
Wonderful place committed to improving the lives of students' and welfare of the community
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 27, 2015
Rock Valley College is a College that is committed to providing an inclusive, challenging, and rewarding workplace. They have just about any job to suit any interest you may have.
my fav job
IT student worker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 21, 2015
i loved everyone i worked with and it was by far my fav job i loved helping the students and being allowed to repair computers and do admin work
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Love the environment & management!
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 6, 2015
In between semesters can get slow which is difficult for someone who likes to remain busy but other than that it is a great place to work.
Great place to continue education
College Student (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 17, 2015
Good locations in town to choose from. Instructors are very helpful.
fun environment
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 29, 2014
My supervisor taught a lot about welding procedures and the fabrication industry. The best part of the job was the experiences I had when I was there and all the teachers I worked with.
Wonderful opportunity
Institutional Research Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 17, 2014
I appreciate having the opportunity to work and gain valuable experience while earning my degree.
• Office administration and management
• On-line survey creation
• Data table and data request completion
• Schedule management
• Answering and directing calls
• Copy/fax machine operation
• Daily Microsoft Office use
• Problem solving
• Artistic signage creation
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Low pay grade
Working to better the community by providing quality training and education to secure ample employment
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 9, 2014
I love my job at Rock Valley College. The job continues to challenge me and make me a better person helping the community to educate themselves so that they will be viable members of society and socially able to take care of themselves and their families
Pros
Work life balance, compensation is very good, benefits are outstanding, coworkers are very nice and friendly, different races and people getting along for the better good of our community
Cons
Not much room for advancement, several part time jobs, took a long time to get in the door, applied for 7 years and finally hired.
college
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford Il 61114March 24, 2014
busy day working with students helping office staff. the hardest part it was part time. working with some of the staff. I learned more office skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rock Valley College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5