Rock Valley College

Rock Valley College Employee Reviews

fun environment
Lab Tech (Former Employee), Rockford, ILDecember 29, 2014
My supervisor taught a lot about welding procedures and the fabrication industry. The best part of the job was the experiences I had when I was there and all the teachers I worked with.
Wonderful opportunity
Institutional Research Office Assistant (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJune 17, 2014
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: low pay grade
I appreciate having the opportunity to work and gain valuable experience while earning my degree.
• Office administration and management
• On-line survey creation
• Data table and data request completion
• Schedule management
• Answering and directing calls
• Copy/fax machine operation
• Daily Microsoft Office use
• Problem solving
• Artistic signage creation
Working to better the community by providing quality training and education to secure ample employment
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Rockford, ILApril 9, 2014
Pros: work life balance, compensation is very good, benefits are outstanding, coworkers are very nice and friendly, different races and people getting along for the better good of our community
Cons: not much room for advancement, several part time jobs, took a long time to get in the door, applied for 7 years and finally hired.
I love my job at Rock Valley College. The job continues to challenge me and make me a better person helping the community to educate themselves so that they will be viable members of society and socially able to take care of themselves and their families
college
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rockford Il 61114March 24, 2014
busy day working with students helping office staff. the hardest part it was part time. working with some of the staff. I learned more office skills.
Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 2, 2014
Worked at the College as a student worker attending there. Worked in the IT department to assist students with their computer needs and to assist in setting up accounts.
An excellent place to connect to students to provide a learning environment.
Instructional Librarian (Former Employee), Rockford, ILOctober 7, 2013
Pros: excellent heathcare. excellent leave policies.
Cons: bureaucracy heavy. lacking leadership. no room for advancment.
Ample amount of teaching time and work on the reference desk Co-workers were very close together and functioned as a unit, Lots of paperwork that took away from the practical aspects of running a library.
Fun workplace
Student Ambasseder (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 16, 2013
Pros: long lunches, everyone works together.
Answering phones
Scheduled appointments
Managment was awesome to work with
Gave tours
Great place!
Student Worker (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 27, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: pay, temporary
I loved RVC, and if I wasn't just a student worker I would have stayed.
Fitness instructor
Certified Kickboxing Instructor (Current Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 10, 2013
I taught cardio kickboxing to students, I used boxing gloves and focus mitts to show students how to box, defend themselves but also have fun
Continue Education Instructor
Certified Kickboxing Instructor (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 29, 2013
This is such a great school/company to work for, I would recommend anyone to this company. I work at a community college in Rockford, IL.
Productive workplace with a great culture
Financial Services Assistant (Current Employee), Rockford, ILOctober 22, 2012
My typical day that the office is never typical. Every month is different from the one before. There are several internal and external deadlines that my department must meet. The ever changing enviornment is one the of the things I enjoy most about my position within the College. Out of all of my positions that I have held throughout my life, RVC has taught me the most. I have fine tuned my time management, communication skills, and knowledge of serveral different computer applications. The culture that RVC has cultivated is one of family. My co-workers are my second family, and I miss them when I take vacations.
management
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 13, 2012
Pros: co workers
Management was very understanding and flexible. This my first official job and I loved every minute of it.
freindly environment
Student Worker/ Record Analyst (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 6, 2012
working on the computer inputing data is a typical day of work. I have learned that when you are sitting in an office with nothing by women that comes from many different of lifestyle everyone personality is different. I just learned to be me and always encourage my co workers. The most thing I enjoyed working in that environment was how we all can come together and cook for each other at least twice a month and fellowship.