Rockdale County Public Schools Employee Reviews in United States

A nice, conservative county to work in
SCHOOL NURSE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 24, 2015
Supportive community to work in
Great board of education with firm school policies in place
Administrators knowledgeable and supportive of a strong school health program
Pros
Good collaboration of supportive staff in working with the nurses
Cons
shortened school nurse hours, lack of licensed nurses in every school
Good multicultural education opportunity
Rockdale County High School, Biology Teacher (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAFebruary 17, 2015
It was good working with a good mix of students and educational challenges. I enjoyed some leadership positions, such as Science Department Chair, TSS Lead Mentor Teacher, and Science Fair Coordinator.
Excellent School district following cutting edge ideas and standards based educational theory
K-12 Mathematics Coordinator, MSP Grant director (Former Employee) –  Rockdale County, GeorgiaJanuary 8, 2014
This school district was inovative in being one of the first to develop and implement a standards based reporting system. Student behaviors were separately reported. Standards were rigorous and inline with the Quality Core curriculum. The substantial federal Math Science Partnership grant was instrumental in funding teacher education in the new methodology of standards based teaching practices.
Bridge the gap between our online students throughout the county, and our teachers to provide an exceptional online learning environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 5, 2013
I work to update and maintain the Online School for Rockdale County. Each semester, including summer sessions, I individually enroll students in requested courses. Maintain proper registration. Work with teachers to keep in contact with students throughout the semesters. Maintain virtual tutoring sessions. Provide technical support for our teachers throughout their virtual tutoring sessions.
Pros
flexible hours, work with students and techers alike, great leadership and growth
Cons
part-time
Working together to create a better future.
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAMay 10, 2012
The typical day would consist of a myriad of tasks some planned others not. While there one may learn a variety of life lessons while working with a diverse group of children with various learning styles. The faculty and staff are an amazing group of people with a passion for helping children succeed. Management can appear to be over burdened at times which takes away from the amount of support that they are able to provide such a large staff. The hardest part of the job is trying to help every child within the limited amount of time allocated for learning. The most enjoyable and important part of the job is seeing students grow while being successful.
Administrative Assistant Student Support (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 9, 2012
A typical day at work was fun with great co-workers. Everybody got along and it was very enjoyable. Some days we a had crisis to deal with such as the death of a staff member or a student. I had to send out the crisis team. These days were very hard and sad. This was the hardest part of the job. I had a great boss and loved work. My position was eliminated due to budget cuts. This was very sad for me after being employeed for 13 plus years.
Pros
best part of the job was great co-workers
Cons
worst part of the job was the crisis that i had to work with. sad, very sad
Enjoyable, yet challenging
Information Technology Liaison (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 20, 2013
- A typical day included desktop, laptop, tablet, server, network, educational technology support. Solely supported all technology at a Rockdale high school, with limited support from county technology department.
- I learned how to manage Windows Active Directory, limited management of data server and AD server, MS Windows 7, MS Office 2010. Gained some knowledge of Mac OSX.
- Management team was easy to work for and support.
- All staff were easy to work with and support.
- Hardest part of the job was not knowing what challenges a day would bring. Having multiple problems arise and deciding which took priority.
- Most enjoyable part of the job was bringing technical solutions to management and staff and teaching them new and inventive ways to make their jobs easier.
Very Progressive School System
Langauge Arts Teacher (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 7, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of me instructing and facilitating the learning of my students. I learned something new each day in regards to education because my students were so diverse. The environment was very pleasant. The hardest part of my job was the time constraints. What I enjoyed most was working one on one with my students.
Pros
students
Cons
time
Great experience
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 14, 2013
Enjoyed working with at risk child and adolescent population. Very structured day that provided both consistency to staff and the students. Working in the STEP program was a great learning experience . . . The STEP program taught me that behavior modification approaches can work in collaboration with education and be very successful.
Work with teacher and students and other staff members
Assist classroom (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAOctober 27, 2012
I worked with students to help them complete their tasks by using computers and other materials in the classroom. I kept daily records of different things the students did to monitor their progress.
Can be a venturous job.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAFebruary 25, 2014
Enjoyed transporting the students.
Liked driving the big bus.
Pros
get to take students on field trips throughout the state of georgia.
Cons
get 20 hours/week base pay. not allowed to work over 40 hours.
very rewarding
Kindergarten Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GeorgiaMarch 20, 2014
A typical day at work involved working with children and teaching them to read in small groups.
Pros
working with children
Cons
health care
Supportive Staff
Special Education PreK/Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 28, 2014
Enjoyed working with staff!! Supportive and family-oriented!
It was a good work experience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Conyer, GA 30013September 26, 2013
I did it when I was anticipating going into teaching, so it is a different from what I am doing right now. It was a good work experience
School system
AVID tutor (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 25, 2013
Work with high school students that want to go to college. Very laid back environment.
Pros
laid back
Cons
not alot of hours
Great School District!
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 27, 2012
The school district is small, but takes great pride in how students are educated.
teaching high school
CERTIFIED TEACHER, Memorial Middle School (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 22, 2013
Great experience with high school culture; students and adults.
Free range in teaching style allowed for - though testing not forgotten
ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 15, 2013
A typical day in my ESL class began with hall duty which mostly consisted of meeting and greeting the students. Teachers were fairly free to put their own stamp to the curriculum in terms of approach.
Generally, a preparation period allowed me to plan and gather materials together for the upcoming day. Typical classes began by introducing the topic in some kind of novel way such as commenting on a stimulus such as a picture or quote. It was worthwhile to think of something appropriate to work as a snare or hook to get students' attention for that day's theme or objective--in orther words, to get them into it.
Lower level students spent time with me going over short readings and working on related vocabulary and pronunciation. Vocabulary work was done in various ways: sometimes I asked them to make up sentences using words that could be loosely related in the same sentence based on previous work that would start with labeling a picture, for instance.
For writing, I often used short poems as departure points, letting students first read and discuss them and then I'd often ask them to write similar poems (or lines) themselves based loosely on the model poem's topic and/or configuration of lines, or alternatively, to write a line using a poetic figure (simile, alliiteration, etc).
For review, sometimes I asked students to make up their own quiz questions starting with various stems like "Explain" or "What is" This practice seemed to give them confidence in asking questions in general and was a way to make sure they had time to reflect on what they had learned.
Often, I had students
  more... write their sentence or paragraphs on the board for peer comments and or correction, the idea being that the students learned best by stimulating one another with their own comments, questions, writings. It also gave them the chance to "play teacher" which is always empowering.
Administrators seemed to appreciate my work. Once or twice my ESL students' writings and poetic work was exhibited in the hallways.
Pros
appreciative and cooperative staff
Cons
not enogh space given over for esl students

4.3