Rockdale Medical Center

Rockdale Medical Center Employee Reviews

Learning experiance that contributed to my field
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Conyers, GA. 30012April 8, 2015
Pros: It paid decent
Cons: The workload was sometimes too much for me on a physical level.
I had to juggle my personal life with the hours this job required. A typical workday consisted of delivering trays to patients, prepping food, and cleaning. I learned the proper way to maintain food temperatures, food safety, and preparation. I enjoyed my co-workers and we tried to make the best out of some crazy workdays. The hardest part of this job was being able to handle the workload when the patient count was high and the most enjoyable part of this job was putting a smile on a patients face. I enjoy putting a smile on people faces.
This is a nice place to work.
nurse (Current Employee), Conyers, GANovember 25, 2014
Pros: close to home, virtually no commute
Cons: none to report
Great nursing job opportunity. Able to utilize all previous nursing skills in positive work environment.
commute to work is great
Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Conyers GaNovember 17, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: short staffed
Working at Rockdale Medical is great. The most enjoyable part of my job is being apart of a team that truly makes a difference in the lives of our patients.
ER Nursing
ER Nurse (Current Employee), Snellville, GASeptember 13, 2014
Love the staff....fast paced ER nursing. Small hospital ER nursing.
Insightful Opportunity
EKG Tech Assistant (Former Employee), Conyers, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: gained experience, expertise, and developed skills
Cons: worked less than 10 hours a week
Was able to daily develop skills and expertise in the field of Cardiology. Recorded an EKG lead on a patient, including: 3-lead, 5-lead, and 12-lead. Uploaded a completed EKG to MUSE program and provided information for the doctors. Responded to potentially life-threatening arrhythmias. Prepared patients for EKG monitoring, Holter monitoring, Stress testing, as well as Telemetry monitoring.
Exellent place to work
RN (Former Employee), Conyers, GAMay 22, 2014
Fun environment. Excellent management good pay and flexable schedules. overall, a good place to work
Friendly staff
Radiology (Former Employee), Conyers, GAApril 21, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: pay scale.
Great facility with friendly people. ER Department is continuously busy.
Friendly, caring and dedicated staff
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Conyers, GAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: no advancement
Overall a great atmosphere with friendly people. I've definitely matured and learned the seriousness in providing care for patients. The hardest part would be have reliable staff that can come to work focused and on time. The most enjoyable part would be greeting and making a difference in someones life.
Fun place to work
Patient Access Services (Former Employee), Conyers, GAJanuary 11, 2014
Very busy emergency room, hard keeping up with the flow of patients.
Great coworkwrs, management lacking
Xray Tech (Current Employee), Conyers, GAOctober 20, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: dealing with poltics and management
If you like working short staffed and long hours, this is the place for you. Awesome coworkers make it bearable. Management is distant at best, except when telling you to go home. Offers no incentive to go above and beyond. No raise in 3 years, even though cost of the sub par benefits has continued to sky rocket. No opportunity to advance.
Attractive Facility
Lead Outpatient Authorization/Financial Specialist (Former Employee), Conyers, GAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: employees
Cons: location
Only hospital in Conyers. I was able to hone my medical skills, along with my interpersonal skills.
Great place for student nurses
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Conyers, GASeptember 3, 2013
Excellent work environment. Staff is friendly and supportive.
Basic Care Activity
CNA (Current Employee), Rockdale, GAAugust 17, 2013
Distributing meals
Assist patient with medications and oral hygiene
Activites of daily living
Great place to work.
Emergency Department Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Conyers, GAJuly 26, 2013
Cons: healthcare
A typical day involves reviewing admissions for medical necessity. Seeing patients to help them connect with community resources, primary care providers or other medical specialist. My co-workers are hardworking, easy going, fun people that does all they can for the population they serve. The hardest part of the job is not having the resources available to help everyone simply because the resources are just not available. The most enjoyable part of my day is helping someone and hearing them breath a sigh of relief.
being outsourced
FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Current Employee), conyers,gaMarch 21, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: pay scale is low for any position
the most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients and i also enjoy my co-workers
Good ole boy system???????
Allied health (Former Employee), Conyers, GAMarch 11, 2013
Pros: great doctors
Cons: administrators are for profit. employee can't grow
Rockdale medical center has awesome Doctors but a lot of good people have either quit or have been terminated. The administrators there are a joke. Not for the staff all about money. This hospital is so out of standards I'm so surprise the right organization has not come in to shut it down. Modern day racism exist at this hospital. Older employees who have worked for years here make reference to the "good ole boy system"??? Ummm and that means what and they are who? Anyway come at your own risk.
Medical
Insurance Verification (Former Employee), Conyers, GAJanuary 16, 2013
I loved working here. I learned new skills. Lots of diverse people.
Management is working to make good, positive changes.
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Conyers, GeorgiaNovember 29, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: no breaks during a normal, busy shift
The ER department are close knit family,and they work hard to do their best for patients and their family members. The flow varies but for most part it is very busy.
Was there for my internship
Phelbotomist (Former Employee), Conyers, GANovember 19, 2012
Pros: a lot of hands on experience
Cons: will not grant me a required interview
I enjoyed my time at Rockdale, I was there for my internship the whole time.
Ideal and Fun Place to Work
Student (Former Employee), Conyers, GAAugust 10, 2012
Again, I was a student working here and not a technologist. I found Rockdale Medical Center to be really fun and had a variety of exams to learn from. To begin with, the staff was great and very helpful with students. I worked both day shift and night shift at this hospital and I found the staff to be professional all the way around. I loved how patient, willing and professional these technologists were. Secondly, this hospital was both an inpatient and outpatient type facility. I liked having both aspects of patients to do exams on. As a student, I was able to see almost every type of exam there is in regards to radiology.

About Rockdale Medical Center

LifePoint Hospitals hopes that folks who get sick in the country won't head to the city to get well. The company operates 56 hospitals – Read more

Rockdale Medical Center Salaries