Rockdale Medical Center Employee Reviews

Not the best place to work.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 17, 2017
Always short staffed. A lot of staff turn over, nursing and leadership included. No proper orientation program in place. Not in the competitive market for nursing.
Total Institutional Melt Down
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAFebruary 21, 2017
Overall, very unprofessional institution deeply trenched in politics and favoritism from the supervisors all the way up to corporate.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Favortism
Volunteering
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAFebruary 3, 2017
Volunteering at Rockdale Medical Center is very exciting and would recommend anyone who wanted to do volunteer work there it would be rewarding. You get to meet people everyday, help them and do what you can to help. I am able to put a smile on some pf the people faces that come in whether its in crisis or just visiting a loved one.
Pros
Free lunches, some events are free also.
Cons
If you are not a caring person then this may not be a good idea for you
I was very production in all areas of my job.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 1, 2017
I enjoyed working at this facility through a staffing. service. It was one of the best jobs I've ever had I liked interacting with my co-workers, the patients, and the many people I encountered on a daily basis. The job was very rewarding.
Pros
Reduced Lunches, good work hours
Making Communities Healthier
RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GADecember 28, 2016
Great work life balance; Supportive Vice President and staff.
A growing organization with realistic expectations. The Chest Pain and Stoke Centers have really increased volume. A great contributor to the community.
Pros
Cons
Advancement
Short staffed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 30, 2016
Decent place to work if staffed appropriately. Constant change in manangement, and staff. Hardest part is working without enough nurses and techs.
Cons
short staffed
Do you research...
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 6, 2016
Managment is unorganized, No honesty. pay is good. Hours aren't available if your at the bottom of the totem poll. Seem's like staff doesn't have a voice, our thoughts and concerns are being swept under the rug.
Pros
The Pay
Cons
Managment
Excellent Place to work
Team Lead Billing and Collections (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 26, 2016
I loved this company! Great director over business office operations, great people, team players, good benefits and fun atmosphere.
Cons
outsourcing
Dont do it
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 24, 2016
Extremely high turnover . Understaffed and underpaid. You can look forward to a nice .17 cent raise ever year so you can buy a pack of gum. Management clueless to what is going on and only care that you come to work every day and never get sick. No paid holidays everything comes out of your PTO. For a hospital they have the worst benefits which include a bread crumb 401k and an insurance plan that makes Obama care look like heaven. They will never be able to keep high quality employees but dont worry they don't care. Aside from a select few hospital departments and one or two physician offices with great doctors it's only a matter of time before some patient sues lifepoint.RMC is the joke of the healthcare field.
Pros
having a job
Cons
everything else
Gwinnett Medical Center is one of the best ran hospitals I've ever work at!!!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 18, 2016
I really hate that I resigned from GMC back in 2012, thinking the grass would be greener because my new job was closer to home. One of the worst mistakes for thinking that!!!
Management is less than proffesional
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockdale, GAApril 17, 2016
The entire organization can benefit from a new culture. They have wonderful employees that are dedicated to their work but feel extremely under appreciated. Management does not lead by example and it has been the most unprofessional experience I ever had in my entire career. The organization suffers from a large amount of turnover because it is not a great environment to work in. No one wants to say anything in fear of losing their position. I would not reccomend any seasoned employee work here. Great experience for new grads.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
Horrible culture
Poor management, salary, and not good care for patients.
RN (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 17, 2016
You hit the ground running due to day nurses not hanging their last IV antibiotic for day shift which throws you behind. Also, blood that wasn't hung during day had to be caught up at night. I had 2 different nurses that were reported to me by two different patients that they were not given their pain medication. The reason given was that it was time for the next shift and "they" would take care of it.
I could handle this because things do happen in nursing,however, when you have once tech/cna for 15 patients things get missed. Ex. 4-5 elderly who can't feed themselves do not get fed. This happened every day I worked there. It was not because the tech didn't want to, but there was no way she could take three blood pressures on 15 patients, three - four blood sugars on 4-5 patients, change sheets, rotate the 4- 5 patients who needed to be rotated every two hours to prevent decubitus ulcers, etc. I tried to feed patients and help the tech when I could, but then I would get behind with medications, etc.

The nurses carry phones with us and are constantly interrupted during our lunch break. You usually get, if lucky, 15 minutes to eat.
They would also have people come in during our lunch time for training.

Many nurses only provided a focused assessment not a head to toe. This is a big mistake. Every nurse should always perform a head to toe assessment.

The scanners didn't work well and it was NOT uncommon to come to work and find that several of your computer screens in the patient's rooms did not work.

You were not appreciated and pay was low. If Rockdale
  more... Medical Center cared about patients they could at least feed them, after all they were being charged for those meals.  less
Pros
Loved my patients
Cons
Rockdale Management
Absolutely not a nice place to work
ER Registrar/Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 24, 2015
Everyone in my department felt like they were walking on pins and needles. We kept getting more duties added on to our job description which was a lot already and we didn't get more staff. The pay is very low. very low.
Pros
Helping the patients
Cons
Work you to the bone
Rockdale is not what it used to be
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 6, 2015
I spent 7 years of my Surgical Technologist career at Rockdale Medical Center. I would have stayed longer but I had to seek other employment due to the fact that my hours being cut due lower census.
Pros
I learned alot of working for this company
Cons
The management was not very considerate
productive workplace, close knit feel of community
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Conyers, Ga.August 13, 2015
Good hospital to work for. Has a more personal feel due to small size of hospital. Management is easily reachable. This company needs to focus more on keeping employees though.
Good job security
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 18, 2015
Working Med/Surg was very challenging and I was blessed with a good work experience. I worked 12 hour shifts that were very busy therefore the time went by very fast. I was a new RN graduate and I learned so much and worked with a great team of co-workers whom I still stay in contact with. The hardest part of the job was that, although I consider myself a great time manager, I was seldom able to take a decent lunch break due to the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great team of nurses I could rely on for support.
Pros
good nursing experience
Cons
tough patient load
Community based hospital culture nice family atmosphere
Medical Technologist Generalist (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 21, 2015
A typical day at work is quite busy
I have learned a lot about the laboratory
The management team is good
Co-workers are good
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with pace when short staffed
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients recover.
Pros
Good trainers
Cons
Seems short staffed
Learning experiance that contributed to my field
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GA. 30012April 8, 2015
I had to juggle my personal life with the hours this job required. A typical workday consisted of delivering trays to patients, prepping food, and cleaning. I learned the proper way to maintain food temperatures, food safety, and preparation. I enjoyed my co-workers and we tried to make the best out of some crazy workdays. The hardest part of this job was being able to handle the workload when the patient count was high and the most enjoyable part of this job was putting a smile on a patients face. I enjoy putting a smile on people faces.
Pros
It paid decent
Cons
The workload was sometimes too much for me on a physical level.
This is a nice place to work.
nurse (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 25, 2014
Great nursing job opportunity. Able to utilize all previous nursing skills in positive work environment.
Pros
close to home, virtually no commute
Cons
none to report
commute to work is great
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Conyers GaNovember 17, 2014
Working at Rockdale Medical is great. The most enjoyable part of my job is being apart of a team that truly makes a difference in the lives of our patients.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockdale Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6