Rockdale Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Management is less than proffesional
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockdale, GAApril 17, 2016
The entire organization can benefit from a new culture. They have wonderful employees that are dedicated to their work but feel extremely under appreciated. Management does not lead by example and it has been the most unprofessional experience I ever had in my entire career. The organization suffers from a large amount of turnover because it is not a great environment to work in. No one wants to say anything in fear of losing their position. I would not reccomend any seasoned employee work here. Great experience for new grads.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
Horrible culture
Poor management, salary, and not good care for patients.
RN (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 17, 2016
You hit the ground running due to day nurses not hanging their last IV antibiotic for day shift which throws you behind. Also, blood that wasn't hung during day had to be caught up at night. I had 2 different nurses that were reported to me by two different patients that they were not given their pain medication. The reason given was that it was time for the next shift and "they" would take care of it.
I could handle this because things do happen in nursing,however, when you have once tech/cna for 15 patients things get missed. Ex. 4-5 elderly who can't feed themselves do not get fed. This happened every day I worked there. It was not because the tech didn't want to, but there was no way she could take three blood pressures on 15 patients, three - four blood sugars on 4-5 patients, change sheets, rotate the 4- 5 patients who needed to be rotated every two hours to prevent decubitus ulcers, etc. I tried to feed patients and help the tech when I could, but then I would get behind with medications, etc.

The nurses carry phones with us and are constantly interrupted during our lunch break. You usually get, if lucky, 15 minutes to eat.
They would also have people come in during our lunch time for training.

Many nurses only provided a focused assessment not a head to toe. This is a big mistake. Every nurse should always perform a head to toe assessment.

The scanners didn't work well and it was NOT uncommon to come to work and find that several of your computer screens in the patient's rooms did not work.

You were not appreciated and pay was low. If Rockdale
  more... Medical Center cared about patients they could at least feed them, after all they were being charged for those meals.  less
Pros
Loved my patients
Cons
Rockdale Management
Absolutely not a nice place to work
ER Registrar/Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 24, 2015
Everyone in my department felt like they were walking on pins and needles. We kept getting more duties added on to our job description which was a lot already and we didn't get more staff. The pay is very low. very low.
Pros
Helping the patients
Cons
Work you to the bone
Rockdale is not what it used to be
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 6, 2015
I spent 7 years of my Surgical Technologist career at Rockdale Medical Center. I would have stayed longer but I had to seek other employment due to the fact that my hours being cut due lower census.
Pros
I learned alot of working for this company
Cons
The management was not very considerate
productive workplace, close knit feel of community
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Conyers, Ga.August 13, 2015
Good hospital to work for. Has a more personal feel due to small size of hospital. Management is easily reachable. This company needs to focus more on keeping employees though.
Good job security
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 18, 2015
Working Med/Surg was very challenging and I was blessed with a good work experience. I worked 12 hour shifts that were very busy therefore the time went by very fast. I was a new RN graduate and I learned so much and worked with a great team of co-workers whom I still stay in contact with. The hardest part of the job was that, although I consider myself a great time manager, I was seldom able to take a decent lunch break due to the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great team of nurses I could rely on for support.
Pros
good nursing experience
Cons
tough patient load
Community based hospital culture nice family atmosphere
Medical Technologist Generalist (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 21, 2015
A typical day at work is quite busy
I have learned a lot about the laboratory
The management team is good
Co-workers are good
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with pace when short staffed
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients recover.
Pros
Good trainers
Cons
Seems short staffed
Learning experiance that contributed to my field
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GA. 30012April 8, 2015
I had to juggle my personal life with the hours this job required. A typical workday consisted of delivering trays to patients, prepping food, and cleaning. I learned the proper way to maintain food temperatures, food safety, and preparation. I enjoyed my co-workers and we tried to make the best out of some crazy workdays. The hardest part of this job was being able to handle the workload when the patient count was high and the most enjoyable part of this job was putting a smile on a patients face. I enjoy putting a smile on people faces.
Pros
It paid decent
Cons
The workload was sometimes too much for me on a physical level.
This is a nice place to work.
nurse (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 25, 2014
Great nursing job opportunity. Able to utilize all previous nursing skills in positive work environment.
Pros
close to home, virtually no commute
Cons
none to report
commute to work is great
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Conyers GaNovember 17, 2014
Working at Rockdale Medical is great. The most enjoyable part of my job is being apart of a team that truly makes a difference in the lives of our patients.
Pros
close to home
Cons
short staffed
ER Nursing
ER Nurse (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GASeptember 13, 2014
Love the staff....fast paced ER nursing. Small hospital ER nursing.
Insightful Opportunity
EKG Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 20, 2014
Was able to daily develop skills and expertise in the field of Cardiology. Recorded an EKG lead on a patient, including: 3-lead, 5-lead, and 12-lead. Uploaded a completed EKG to MUSE program and provided information for the doctors. Responded to potentially life-threatening arrhythmias. Prepared patients for EKG monitoring, Holter monitoring, Stress testing, as well as Telemetry monitoring.
Pros
gained experience, expertise, and developed skills
Cons
worked less than 10 hours a week
Exellent place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMay 22, 2014
Fun environment. Excellent management good pay and flexable schedules. overall, a good place to work
Friendly staff
Radiology (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 21, 2014
Great facility with friendly people. ER Department is continuously busy.
Pros
location
Cons
pay scale.
Friendly, caring and dedicated staff
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 29, 2014
Overall a great atmosphere with friendly people. I've definitely matured and learned the seriousness in providing care for patients. The hardest part would be have reliable staff that can come to work focused and on time. The most enjoyable part would be greeting and making a difference in someones life.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no advancement
Fun place to work
Patient Access Services (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 11, 2014
Very busy emergency room, hard keeping up with the flow of patients.
Great coworkwrs, management lacking
Xray Tech (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAOctober 20, 2013
If you like working short staffed and long hours, this is the place for you. Awesome coworkers make it bearable. Management is distant at best, except when telling you to go home. Offers no incentive to go above and beyond. No raise in 3 years, even though cost of the sub par benefits has continued to sky rocket. No opportunity to advance.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
dealing with poltics and management
Attractive Facility
Lead Outpatient Authorization/Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAOctober 14, 2013
Only hospital in Conyers. I was able to hone my medical skills, along with my interpersonal skills.
Pros
employees
Cons
location
Great place for student nurses
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 3, 2013
Excellent work environment. Staff is friendly and supportive.
Basic Care Activity
CNA (Current Employee) –  Rockdale, GAAugust 17, 2013
Distributing meals
Assist patient with medications and oral hygiene
Activites of daily living