Rocket Fuel Employee Reviews

Flexibility is nice, must be ready to adapt to change
Manager, Recruiting Operations (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 19, 2017
Change was ever constant at Rocket Fuel. You'll have the flexibility to work from home, do your own thing, and not be micromanaged but you must be reliable and must easily bend with every change.
Interesting and challenging work
INVENTORY QUALITY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJuly 5, 2017
The typical day might start early or go late (depending on what time zone I was working with that day). I learned a lot about real time bidding and all the 3rd party partners (both with supply and brand safe 3rd partners). It is difficult having your team and cross functional team members on different coasts (especially my supervisor) but technology is advanced enough with video conferencing and real time document sharing that we were able to accomplish a lot of things. I was also able to mentor many different co-workers. I was able to share with them information that I had learned in the last 9+ years in the industry.
Pros
Free lunches and healthy snacks
Cons
Working across several time zones
Started strong but lost its luster
Professional Services (Former Employee) –  HeadquartersFebruary 2, 2017
Rocket Fuel was a vibrant company when I joined but it was all smoke and mirrors. Out of control spending sent the company into a downward spiral and they are still climbing out of it. I hope they can make it but when I left, the morale was low and additional lay offs don't help.
Pros
Nice perks (free lunch, gym membership, nice colleagues)
Cons
Some management is out of touch and untouchable, even if they aren't good at their jobs
A Great Start to a Tech Career!
Associate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 29, 2014
Rocket Fuel is an awesome company to work for. I had no tech or advertising experience and I am very grateful that they took a chance and taught me what I needed to know to succeed.
I am very lucky to have a flexible schedule and incredible benefits.
My coworkers and I work very well on a team and management definitely helps to foster those relationships.
Pros
free lunches, 100% benefit compensation, commuter and fitness benefits
Fun atmosphere!
Solutions Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  ChicagoApril 29, 2014
Work events, team building activities.. fun place, but no room for growth.