Rockford Center Employee Reviews

Fast paced comprehensive psychiatric inpatient/partial services
RN (Current Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 1, 2017
Have worked at Rockford for a long time - I feel that I have had input into many workplace improvements. Rockford is upgrading its computer technology which is improving efficiency across the board. There is ongoing review of systems in place with an eye towards quality customer service. I am proud to be part of this Fortune 500 organization.
Pros
flexibility, benefits
Cons
as in all hospitals - shortage of staff - we continue to recruit :-)
I work PRN and enjoy the department that I am in. I would like to work fultime in a position that I am qualified to work.
Utilization Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 20, 2017
The department that I work in the employees are very helpful and dependable. I enjoy each day I work and often want more time. The Doctors are nice and seem caring. I have no complaints!
Pros
flexible schedule, nice people, safe enviornment
Cons
low census, not enough work hours avaliable, high turn over
Not worth it
Lead Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 11, 2017
Most management does not care about employees or patients. Overcrowded and severely understaffed. No job security. You get punched, spit on, and screamed at with no suitable compensation from the company. There is no advancement opportunity.
Pros
Decent benefits, chance to save lives
Cons
No job security, no advancement, overcrowded, understaffed
Growth
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 6, 2017
It is a great establishment to gain experience in the mental health field. One can join the company and grow as well as learn, with the opportunity to move forward.
Good Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 29, 2017
I loved this job. I worked for Rockford center for about 9 years but then was let go unexpectedly. The day consisted of cleaning patient's rooms, bathrooms and removing trash. The hours were good.

The hardest part of the job were my hours because sometimes i worked day or night and having to be to work no matter the weather pattern outside. I had a great boss but when he left things changed with the new management and then I was laid off.
Pros
always had 40 hours or more, vacation time continued each year, and medical benefits was good
Cons
the work scheduled and the weather was the only problems because you were required to be there
Rockford Center
Rockford Center (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 16, 2017
Almost always understaffed and hard for staff to properly conduct daily assessments. However, that makes for plenty of opportunity to pick up overtime.
Be careful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DE 19713June 3, 2017
Pays great , you can be easily fired for stupid things , you will get hit spit on things thrown at u etc everyday . Most staff is good to work with it but ppl quit and get fired a lot so you are constantly short staffed and have way to many mentally ill paitents to be in charge of
Pros
Pay
Cons
Getting seriously hurt
Not too bad
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 2, 2017
High turnover rate, most likely due to high pace and work load. Very demanding job mentally, must be able to leave work at work. Pay is not bad but it is low compared to other jobs in the area.
Good Experience Overall
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 11, 2016
Worked at Rockford Center for one year and enjoyed my job. I encountered many very friendly coworkers who were easy to interact with throughout the workday. Because Rockford is so small, there is very little room for advancement. Also, pay is not competitive with other institutions. My biggest issue with Rockford is that management is not in charge of employee production. There are so many employees at Rockford who are expert at never meeting productivity levels but somehow remain on the job and receive the same yearly raise as everyone else. This is infuriating to anyone who works hard to meet daily productivity quotas and was cause for me to seek employment elsewhere. Another big problem is with employees who have worked at Rockford for several years running the show whenever a new manager is appointed. Unfortunately, the new manager always rely on these entrenched poor performers to show them the ropes, thus allowing the poor performer to be incorrectly viewed as too valuable to discipline or terminate. Overall, Rockford Center was a positive work experience; however, the entrenched poor performers wear down the good workers!
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Entrenched poor performers
I was there a short time, but I liked it
Creative Arts Therapist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 3, 2016
I was really happy I could work with a bunch of different populations (children, adolescents, addiction, geriatrics, acute psych, etc.) I only left the job because I moved away.
Pros
free lunch when census was up, good pay
Worst CEO/Management/Directors/Staff/Staffing Issues
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Newark, DelawareMay 10, 2016
This place needs to be shut down! The staff are rude to patients. The management are not doing anything about anything, and this building is totally disgusting!! They let go of good people and keep people who refuse to work. I am ready to call this place history and seek better employment! I've never worked for such an unorganized company.
Pros
You Can Do Whatever You Want!
Cons
Short Breaks, Water Always Turned Off, Snakes & Bugs Everywhere In The Building, Dirty Building, Unprofessional Lazy Staff
Don't waste your time...
LPN (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 1, 2016
Poor management, poor staffing, the recovery specialists want you to do their job on top of your work, unprofessional behavior from staff throughout the facility, staff have a mob mentality...
Pros
Clocking out
Great staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 4, 2015
daily patient monitoring; obtain vital signs; dispense medications; assist with group sessions; supervise free time activities;
Burnout is highly likely
Music Therapist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 22, 2014
There is little support here. Coworkers are too wrapped up in themselves to be of any help or support. Everyone is stressed out all the time. It seems the management has no idea how much they can reasonably ask clinical staff to do. I have had to cope with unreasonable expectations regarding the number of groups and notes I was supposed to complete in a day. It's just not possible.

Furthermore, I've heard stories from patients who have stayed at other hospitals, and they have said that in comparison, they don't feel they are getting much out of their stay here.
Job Security/ Advancement opportunities 5 stars
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newark, DE.July 12, 2013
It is a nice place to work and the coworkers are a excellent part of the team. The hardest part of the day is saying goodbye to patients you have seen come and go, but the enjoyable part, is knowing the patient has receive the best quality care at the Rockford Center.
Pros
provides important training for entry level Human Service workers.
stressful work enviroment but very beneficial
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 21, 2013
typical day consisted of montioring patients and evaluating safety as well as conducting beneficial therapeutic groups. I learned the value of being understanding of adolescents and adults suffering from suicidal ideation as well as dual diagnosis. My coworkers were essential in getting the job done sucessfully being as though it is definitely a team job. The hardest part of the job was keeping the adolescents as well as the adult treatment focused. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see how effective the groups and talks are with the patients.
Pros
sometimes free meals
Cons
short breaks, staffing
A great community to start a career as a psych nurse
Evening supervisor (Former Employee) –  DENovember 1, 2012
My first job as a psych nurse. I advanced to evening supervisor of the whole hospital. Learned many therapeutic modalities
Pros
great hospital for learning clinical skills & advancememt
Cons
poor wages & benefits
Working with great co-workers at a secure work place.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 25, 2012
Short staffed the majority of shift. Many staffing problems. Management is trying, but unfortunately it's all about money.
Fantastic co-workers, couldn't ask for better.
Pros
plenty of opportunity for overtime.
Cons
overwhelming because of high nursing/patient ratio.
Grat place to begin a nursing profession
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 12, 2012
great place to learn how to be a nurse. good pay and benefits it must not be that bad ive worked at this facility close to a decade!
Pros
good pay-benefits
Cons
no job security