Rockford Health System Employee Reviews

The merge hurt the company
RN (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 28, 2017
Since the merge happened we've lost some of the best nurses doctors and surgeons. Were constantly understaffed and so in return way too overworked and under appreciated. No fair raises. The staff they are bringing in are fresh out of school and therefore lack knowledge outside of a book. The management will play favorites. Your concerns will never be addressed or cared about. This company is going downhill very fast like a sinking ship. A majority of the patient care is little to no concern for most of those in a higher position. The nurses are against the aides and are allowed to mistreat them the belittling comments are sickening. Its disgusting how much Mercy has changed the once 5 star hospital RMH into a 2 star hotel for Medicaid patients. This company is only concerned about financial gain.
Pros
Met a few good coworkers.
Cons
The job will suck you dry. No work life balance. No say in your own schedule
Visiting Nurses Association soon to be Mercyhealth at Home
VNA nurse for 20+years (Current Employee) –  Visiting Nurses of Rockford on State StreetApril 23, 2017
Changes are happening at VNA. Good supervisor support. There is a teamwork atmosphere here and autonomy with patients. Anything needed by field staff is available. Changes happening to decrease charting time. Nurses are able to schedule patients daily. Patient are the number one priority and always comes first. The best part of the job is the patients and seeing them improve. On a typical day nurses see 3 to 4 patients depending on acuity levels. Leadership staff is positive and looking for new ways to improve care.
Opportunity
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 17, 2017
You have the opportunity to advance within the health system. The culture makes you feels part of the team. The most enjoyable part of going to work is to work with an awesome team.
Pros
Management is open to new ideas
Cons
Those that cause problems get promoted and are protected
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 14, 2017
Since the merge happened we've lost many of the best nurse’s doctors and surgeons. Those that do the work are under appreciated. Politics are terrible. The management will play favorites to those that protect them even to the point to promote incompetent people. Management will lie and your concerns will never be addressed or cared about. This company is going downhill very fast like a sinking ship.
Pros
Staff and patients are great to work with
Cons
Incompetence is promoted
I enjoy working with all the employees at Mercyhealth Visiting Nurses Association
Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Mercyhealth Visiting Nurses AssociationApril 12, 2017
I look forward to work as it is challenging and fun. The staff here make a difference in people's lives everyday. The staff here help with Older Adults services, Hospice services, nursing and medical equipment. I am always impressed by the positive comments I receive from the people we serve.
Pros
The staff make a difference to the lives of people everyday
Cons
Quickly changing environment
downhill
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 7, 2017
since the merge with Mercy, the system has went downhill, ONLY RN's got a raise increase, management is very poor , constantly working short staffed, poor communication
Pros
Cons
poor morale
The merge hurt the company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 5, 2017
Pros
Met a few good coworkers.
Cons
The job will suck you dry. No work life balance. No say in your own schedule
A lot of changes since the merger with Mercy Health
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 27, 2017
A lot of changes since the merger with Mercy Health. Some of the changes are good, but there seems to be a lot of turn over right now.
Fine
Registered Nurse-Women & Infant Services (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 9, 2017
it was an ok place to work. I learned a lot about politics in healthcare. Management was fine but not strong especially when we merged.
Environmental Service
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 29, 2016
love the job great supervisors,the place is very positive i enjoy working with my coworkers and my supervisor is very respectful and very professional.
Huc
Business Support Coordinator and Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 28, 2016
Wonderful place to work I worked there for 15 years left only because of relocating for my husband job. Wonderful loving people I worked for. Dr's were topnotch and management was wonderful
If you work anywhere BUT food service, you'll love your job.
Cook (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 3, 2016
Since I've been working here I've seen a huge change with the merge in management. I didn't think it could get any worse but it has. Management gives NO CARE to your work life balance, it DOES NOT give you the opportunity to grow, and by far has the most hateful and negative work environment I've ever been in. Some workers are so mean to each other that it breaks you down and sends you home in a depression. I would never ever recommend working here. For the industry, it has really good benefits and decent pay for our area for wages - but in all honesty the workers feel like the money isn't worth it anymore. No one is happy.
Pros
Benefits, Healthcare, Decent wage
Cons
Schedules always wrong, Rude coworkers, Negative environment, No free lunches, Terrible management
Rockford Health System believes in their core values
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 12, 2016
Patient experience is a priority at Rockford Health System. This organization is wonderful and I would recommend it to anyone. I've been here since 1989 and have grown from being a receptionist to supervising multiple locations.
Stressfull workplace, poor leadership
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 13, 2016
In my opinion Rockford Health System is dedicated to quality care, making customer service its first priority. Since I have been a Medical Assistant for over 30 years my knowledge had reached a plateau. The hardest part of my job was, working with a Manager whom has no clinical experience. The most enjoyable part of my job was directed patient care and serving on the wellness committee.
Pros
Team meetings, employee appreciation days, benifits, clean enviornment
Cons
No work life balance, managers with no clinical experience, poor employee evlauation method.
Work Ethic
Pre-certification Nurse Specialist Cancer Center (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 14, 2015
I enjoy, my co-workers and feel when I am at work I bring my best skills, and learn to adapt to challenging daily tasks. Especially if out of the ordinary....best to roll with it, i will do my best today and will be back tomorrow. This is my energizing committment to my work ethic. I have worked in different states, different nursing jobs, and so feel I bring an overall view to my job as.. "We work together to accomplish the best for each other and the patients we serve this makes for a fun, enjoyable, reassuring atmosphere for everyone".
Pros
love my co-workers and the overall patient committment co-workes have toward servicing customers.
Cons
not close to home
Excellent organization
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 14, 2015
Excellent Mission: Superior Care Every Day For all our Patients
Excellent Behavior Expectations: Respectful Care, RHS Values of Integrity, Compassion, Adaptability, Responsibility and Excellence, with Compassion (I-CARE with Compassion)
Excellent employee recognition programs
Pros
Beautiful Rockton Ave campus, excellent ideals
Cons
Sometimes management does not see the forest through the trees.
Management is supportive and available.
physical therapist assistant in home health care (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed working at Rockford Health System with the Visiting Nurses Association. Management was available and supportive which made it easy to serve our clients. Rockford Health System organizes ways to give back to the community which always benefits all involved.
Pros
Management available for questions and support.
No.. No.. No!!
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Rockford, IlOctober 25, 2014
Not to mention it's the worst hospital in Rockford. We'll leave that out..

Environmental Services is NOT the way to go. No respect at ALL! I have never seen a bunch of grown men and women act like little vindictive babies when it comes to the management. 99% of the nurses will stick their nose in the air at you. Doctors won't even speak to you. Pretty much, the only department that will speak to you is your own and Food Services. Scroll up and you will see their not respected niether. Opportunity to advance is very little to none because of management's need for employees. They will hold you back so they remain fully staffed. Over worked and under paid is an understatement when speaking of Environmental Services. The most enjoyable part is when your on lunch and break and actually get to speak to SOMEONE (but only in your own department or food services). Just no.. 1000x No.. Worst job ever..
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Absolutely everything
Great OpTime Anesthesia Team
Epic OpTime-Anesthesia ID, Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Great teamwork on build team. OR management were very helpful to the Epic team and we were able to collaborate to customize the build and training to meet their needs.
Productive and challenging position.
Assistant Medical Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 1, 2014
I learned about supervising many individuals in different clinics. Working with physicians, patients, and peers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockford Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval