Rockford Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Rockford Health System believes in their core values
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 12, 2016
Patient experience is a priority at Rockford Health System. This organization is wonderful and I would recommend it to anyone. I've been here since 1989 and have grown from being a receptionist to supervising multiple locations.
Work Ethic
Pre-certification Nurse Specialist Cancer Center (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 14, 2015
I enjoy, my co-workers and feel when I am at work I bring my best skills, and learn to adapt to challenging daily tasks. Especially if out of the ordinary....best to roll with it, i will do my best today and will be back tomorrow. This is my energizing committment to my work ethic. I have worked in different states, different nursing jobs, and so feel I bring an overall view to my job as.. "We work together to accomplish the best for each other and the patients we serve this makes for a fun, enjoyable, reassuring atmosphere for everyone".
Pros
love my co-workers and the overall patient committment co-workes have toward servicing customers.
Cons
not close to home
Excellent organization
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 14, 2015
Excellent Mission: Superior Care Every Day For all our Patients
Excellent Behavior Expectations: Respectful Care, RHS Values of Integrity, Compassion, Adaptability, Responsibility and Excellence, with Compassion (I-CARE with Compassion)
Excellent employee recognition programs
Pros
Beautiful Rockton Ave campus, excellent ideals
Cons
Sometimes management does not see the forest through the trees.
Management is supportive and available.
physical therapist assistant in home health care (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed working at Rockford Health System with the Visiting Nurses Association. Management was available and supportive which made it easy to serve our clients. Rockford Health System organizes ways to give back to the community which always benefits all involved.
Pros
management available for questions and support.
No.. No.. No!!
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Rockford, IlOctober 25, 2014
Not to mention it's the worst hospital in Rockford. We'll leave that out..

Environmental Services is NOT the way to go. No respect at ALL! I have never seen a bunch of grown men and women act like little vindictive babies when it comes to the management. 99% of the nurses will stick their nose in the air at you. Doctors won't even speak to you. Pretty much, the only department that will speak to you is your own and Food Services. Scroll up and you will see their not respected niether. Opportunity to advance is very little to none because of management's need for employees. They will hold you back so they remain fully staffed. Over worked and under paid is an understatement when speaking of Environmental Services. The most enjoyable part is when your on lunch and break and actually get to speak to SOMEONE (but only in your own department or food services). Just no.. 1000x No.. Worst job ever..
Pros
absolutely none
Cons
absolutely everything
Great OpTime Anesthesia Team
Epic OpTime-Anesthesia ID, Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Great teamwork on build team. OR management were very helpful to the Epic team and we were able to collaborate to customize the build and training to meet their needs.
Productive and challenging position.
Assistant Medical Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 1, 2014
I learned about supervising many individuals in different clinics. Working with physicians, patients, and peers.
Not much support from management or staff
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 23, 2014
A typical day is full of new and exciting patient care situations. Unfortunately, when you have the ER, Pediatrics, ICU you may come across situations that you cant be in two places at the same time. This is typically where things go wrong. Getting help from your fellow RT's were very difficult. Frequently had to work through lunch to keep up the work load. Management didn't do anything when I asked them to step in. Overall, Learned to be a strong therapist able to handle and take on many challenges.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
frequently working through lunch.
Rockford Health System is a great company to work for.
Internal Medicine - Clinic Office RN (Former Employee) –  Roscoe, ILApril 16, 2014
Whether I worked at the hospital or the clinic the management at Rockford Health System was in place to be supportive, caring, and collaborative. The working environment was always excellent, clean, ambient and safe. My co-workers were always ready to give a helping hand and offer their expertise. The experience and education proved to be very helpful and enjoyable. The greatest and the hardest part of the job would be seeing your patients, whom you had a great relationship with, leave when they no longer required hospitalization, or had resolved their illnesses.
Pros
caring, compassionate, knowledgeable staff.
productive, patient satisfaction
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 27, 2014
Typical day at work consists of signing on to our phones and computers to check in patients to see 3 different doctors, answer phone calls for medical advice, prescription refills, schedule and reschedule appointments. Hardest part of the job is difficult patients who don't quite hear what they want to hear and everything seems to be the front receptionist fault but it is easily brushed off and we move on to the next patient.
Pros
steady work
Cons
work weekends
You become an important member of the team.
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Work begins and ends with a report of the day. Much time is spent tending to the need of the staff and patients. We move patient as needed to other units and balance work loads among staff. Time off is generally awarded when applied for and you are given respect by managers.
Pros
building well maintained
Cons
short breaks
Superior care everyday
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 11, 2014
Healthcare facility dedicated to quality and compliance.
Stress full
PAR (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 5, 2013
Doctor was too busy for his practice. Always was running behind.
Very knowledgeable but very demanding. Co-works were great helpful. Dealing with upset patients
Cons
stress ful
computer,filing
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 7, 2013
over all a great place to work. education and training. great people.
Pros
education, training, good place too work
Cons
drug repts
Hospital
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  RockfordAugust 24, 2013
Drawing Patients day to day
It is a nice place to work
employees are good to work with and friendly
benefits are good and the atmosphere is calm and pleasant
A good place to work and receive additional training
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 28, 2013
A typical day at work consists of screening calls, making appointments, scheduling meetings, doing research, developing presentations. I learned more than I would be able to record. My coworkers were awsome... we helped each other willingly and without reserve. The hardest part of the job was juggling calendars... but I did it well. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with amazing people and serving the patients/visitors.
Pros
great people
Cons
could be stressful
Great place to work.
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 17, 2012
I have worked in medical records for 13 years and have loved every minute of it. I have worked in the pediatrics dept for 10 of the years I have worked here. It is fast paced and busy, the doctors and nurses are wonderful to work with. They are like family to me.
Good work environment but iffy managment.
Food Service (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 27, 2012
In all Rockford Health System is a great company to work for. The beliefs and values that they have make it such a memorable hospital and has made it one the best hospitals in the area. However, food service is a complete mess due to it's lack of respect that the management has towards staff, NOT all but some. There are people in "upper level" positions that are only there because they were grandfathered in 30+ years ago & as times change, I think the requirements for certain positions should too.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
part time works every weekend & holiday, poor management, & low opportunity for over time.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 23, 2012
I worked in the Administrative Suite and found it busy, hectic, and fulfilling. I was able to advance my skills on a regular basis and was proud to represent the organization.
Good company- ever changing and challenging
Michelle Green, Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 13, 2012
I am responsible for every patient chart. i make sure each patient coming in for a visit, is abstracted into our Epic system and scanned. I have learned many processes with this company. I was part of the transfer from paper charts to electronic charts. I work for an incredible manager. She motivates me to work harder everyday to make her proud of me. My co-workers are a combination of many personalities. I would say the hardest part of my job is not having enough hours in the day to get everything done. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the new processes take effect.