Rockford Park District Employee Reviews

Fun workplace ebing at a park
Inclusion Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 26, 2017
If you like kids it is a great place to work. You do have to be willing to help out the troublesome kids while also making sure the shy quite kids and the ones in between all get attention also and it is not as easy as one would think.
Good place to work, minus compensation
IS Help Desk I (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 16, 2017
This is a good place to work, but they definitely do not keep pace with the market in terms of compensation. People seem great and the environment is good.
Pros
Good people, good causes
Cons
nice sesonal job good work offerd
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 28, 2017
i learned alot aboutthe rockford park district and the importance or the job the do i also learn some on small engins and yard matinance and tree trimming its anice enviroment to work for a seasonal job and the hardest part is getting used to the way things are done there and i love out side work it mad my time very enjoyable
great community of people to work with
Outdoor Recreation & Education Instructor II (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 29, 2016
The park district is a great place to work if you love helping other have fun and enjoy Rockford and its parks. I have been able to expand my knowledge on parks and recreation while being employed here.
Great place to work !!
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 14, 2016
I love working at the park district !The staff are great and they are willing to help you.If you are great with customer service you will love it .
So much fun, I just wished I got more hours.
Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 5, 2016
Helping people enjoy life. While helping others they helped me and taught me new experiences. It is so much fun working with everyone there.
Internship: Rockford Park District
Internship (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 2, 2016
Worked in sports complexes and performed many duties such as setting up for events, working in customer service, manual labor jobs, and I learned a lot about their marketing department.
Pros
Fun place to work
good job
Accounts Payable & Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 4, 2016
account payable/receivable, co-workers great, management awesome. job loved it. the hardest part was leaving.
I enjoyed working there, and would still be there, but had a personal situation come about.
Leader 2, Therapeutic Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 17, 2016
Though the Rockford Park District was a great place to work, it was not the line of work in which I wanted to pursue. Great place to start employee and an even better place to pursue recreation or youth works.
Food Concessions
Customer Service Food Beverages Concessions (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJanuary 8, 2016
Very dutiful job, articulate, and fast pace environment. Management was easy to get along with. The customers were most enjoyable.
Pros
The customers
Cons
heavy lifting
Creative, flexible and friendly
Director (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 30, 2015
At the Park District, there are many opportunities for different jobs the parks are involved in. This creates stronger bonds throughout the community and the friendly staff will make the parks more enjoyable.
productive and a fun environment
junior coach, camp to the future (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 28, 2015
the job requires a lot of moving around and no breaks. the pay was decent. in this job, I learned how to be an effective leader, and how to communicate with others effectively. the co-workers were also hard working and worked well with each other. the management was not always professional, and many times they tended to pick favorites. the hardest part of the job was trying to keep groups of children organized and interested while explaining the activity. the most enjoyable part of the job was watching the children have fun and enjoy the activity.
Pros
working with great kids
Cons
the employees were not always payed on time
Long but fun and dynamic work experience
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 9, 2015
Team based environment where your co workers literally become family. Placed under high intensity situations as a lifeguard with rigorous hours and long days in the sun, we found ourselves working to the brink of exhaustion and finding the fun and humor in it all. I felt immense satisfaction in furthering my life saving skills and ensuring the safety of park guests. The hardest aspect of the job came in little personal time and family life.
Pros
Fun environment, great tan
Cons
No personal time or time off; low pay for trained skills
The Park District as a Whole
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 5, 2015
The Park District as a whole is a great place to work. Unfortunately, you sometimes end up with a supervisor or manager that does not know how to give positive reinforcement, only negative. Otherwise, I loved my job.
great working environment
Zamboni Diver/Maintenence (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 1, 2015
Great place to work! Its a great first job and a good place to get work experience under your belt. My co workers are super nice.
fun workplace
Guest Relations/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 22, 2015
very enjoyable place to work I worked there for almost five years seasonal, I was a lifeguard a learn to swim instructor a support staff and a greeter, help me to progress and open up as a person. loved the staff as well
Slow-paced, unnecessarily micromanaged job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 11, 2015
I was completely fine with guarding here until my personal life was under attack and I was suspended for drinking on fourth of july. Outside of work. At a house. Don't work in aquatics here.. If you do, keep your social media on their highest privacy settings, don't hang out with other lifeguards you didn't know before the job, and keep to yourself. It was like middle-school all over again.
Pros
a lot of breaks
Cons
higher management overplayed their roles.
Very nice work environment
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 1, 2014
This position allows me to fill in my income when needed. I assist customers and guests to enjoy a safe experience at events. I enjoy this place. They allow their workers the ability to choose their own hours. This position is only seasonal and that is why I am needing to fill in my income.
Fun Workplace
Therapeutic Recreation Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 28, 2014
Great co-workers and bosses.
Gained experience working with children with special needs.
Flexible schedule.
Fun place to work and staff were wonderful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 15, 2014
Respond to phone calls or visitors and referred to appropriate personnel
Monitor youth sports activities and programs
Maintain supplies and order as needed
Schedule meetings
Construct team rosters and reports
Came in contact with hundreds of children and families throughout the city
Pros
Working with the staff and children for several sporting programs
Cons
Employment was only part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockford Park District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4