Rockingham Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Ecore
E-Core Junior Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJune 5, 2017
This position was very competitive and well compensated. The team worked really hard to get the doctors at RMH to switch to computer based prescription systems. It was long nights but also rewarding and a good experience.
Cut throat is an understatement
Staff LPN (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMay 23, 2017
Saw many things that were no "above board" in management--but whatever you do--do NOT point them out as you will be labeled a problem child and be given harder than usual shifts
friendly staff, up to date on medical equipment
Lead Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  harrisonburg, virginiaDecember 25, 2016
I WORKED FOR RMH for over 5 years but left when jobs got outsourced to India. u had the pleasure of orking in x-ray and the main transciption office working with different fields in medicine, inpatient admit notes to autopsy reports, opertative reports and discharge summaries
Pros
great benefits, flexible scefuke
Cons
outsoursed t to over seas
systematic
CNA, Monitor Technician Telementry, Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VANovember 8, 2016
Overall I learned a great deal from working here, I was able to learn and do things I didn't think possible for a CNA,. But in the end you are only a number.
very fast passed
Floor care attendant (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAOctober 10, 2016
a typical work day started with check outs for the day. then you would start your floor care work,if you get finished you had to help other areas get there work finished or it would carry over on the next shift.
Pros
a job
Cons
very fast paced
Excellent Experience
Emergency Room Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VANovember 7, 2015
Emergency Room Volunteer
• Assisted medical technicians in assisting patients to triage as well as patients’ assigned rooms. Also assisted in restocking and limited cleaning duties.
Nice group of people
Nursing Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 8, 2015
Enjoyed my time there before moving out of state! Would recommend this place to anyone both for employment and care! Very clean hospital as well!
Pros
money, breaks, clean
Cons
shift hours
Positive working environment
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 8, 2015
Good working hours and positive environment. I have learned a great deal from my supervisor in the past 3 years. Management is a bit disorganized but the hospital is going through a lot of changes because they are merging with a bigger hosptial and there is a lot of restructuring. The most enjoyable part of my job is caring for patients. The hardest part would have to be the physical demand at times but I understand and accept that it comes with my profession.
Fast paced environement with a variety of clients
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMay 7, 2015
At Rockingham Memorial Hospital, we are one of the busiest emergency rooms. On a typical day we see about 200 patients. We have to use customer satisfaction skills as well as being professional. We see a variety of patients, including ones that do not speak English or have been through trauma. I have learned patience and how to juggle a big workload. I have learned not to stress when there is much to be done. Co-workers work together as a team to get all of our requirements met.
Ecorp role at SRMH
Jr. Clinical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VASeptember 9, 2014
As a Ecorp Jr. Clinical Analyst, I was taught the ins and outs of Meditech and provided elbow support to the physicians and staff during go lives. I worked as a liaison between IS and hospital staff communicate common issues that came up. I then would create documentation to improve those issues throughout the hospital. Please see resume for more details.
Pros
flexible hours, free food
Cons
Prn, no benefits
good place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAAugust 30, 2014
A typical day at work was working as a scrub nurse technician. On the job training. Co-workers were great to work with. Hardest part of this job was leaving this position to go into an new role as a registered nurse position. I really liked working in the scrub/assist role.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
on-call-status and weekend work
RMH as a whole
Patient Services Rep. (Former Employee) –  1661 South Main Street HarrisonburgFebruary 27, 2014
RMH is an excellent employer, management at south main branch is not up to par as main hospital is.
Very caring hospital
INTERN AT HOSPITAL (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VADecember 22, 2013
Great hospital with excellent focus on customer satisfaction.
radiology tech
radiology tech (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VANovember 30, 2013
Great facility.
Assisted with inpts, outpts, and er pts performing studies. Hardest part was the lack of management support.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
short, if any, breaks
Fun work place
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAOctober 27, 2013
I enjoyed working with the patients and the experience that I gained.
Pros
friends
Cons
long days
Funny
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg VAAugust 10, 2013
I have learned a lot form RMh, I feel that it is agreat place to work and the management team in security is top of the line.
Enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with
Baker/Cook (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 31, 2013
The hospital was a great place to work with good people but the constant change of management and lack of communication started to bring the department down a lot. I had various job as I started out as a cashier, then went to as food service rep and finally a baker. I enjoyed learning all the different jobs.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Lack of communication and management
Small town atmosphere with state of the art technology.
RN-Part-Time to Full-Time; Currently PRN (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 30, 2013
RMH is an awesome healthcare facility. It has the small town atmosphere with the state of the art technology. I thoroughly enjoy working at RMH and especially enjoy working with my fellow staff members.
Advancing Healthcare System
Revenue Cycle Project System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 15, 2013
I run my daily reports and fix any and all account issues that arise. Every month, I run the previous month's statistics and report to the Director of the department so they can be used in financial reports to the CFO. I was tossed into the computer system and had to learn it as I went and learned quite a bit very quickly. I really enjoy testing new upgrades to the system, as well as being the project manager for new products/procedures throughout the department.
Recommend it to everyone
Patient Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 14, 2013
To work in the Rockingham Memorial Hospital has been an honor. I wanted to work somewhere new and exciting and I have defiantly gotten my wish. I have learned a lot over the years, especially from the experienced nurses, PCT'S, doctors and staff. RMH has wonderful resources for employees and the community we provide care for. The nurses and PCTs work together as a team. Hopefully working at a place such as RMH you too will feel included, appreciated and encouraged to not only care for your patients but yourself as well.