Rockingham Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Ecorp role at SRMH
Jr. Clinical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VASeptember 9, 2014
As a Ecorp Jr. Clinical Analyst, I was taught the ins and outs of Meditech and provided elbow support to the physicians and staff during go lives. I worked as a liaison between IS and hospital staff communicate common issues that came up. I then would create documentation to improve those issues throughout the hospital. Please see resume for more details.
Pros
flexible hours, free food
Cons
prn, no benefits
Positive working environment
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 8, 2015
Good working hours and positive environment. I have learned a great deal from my supervisor in the past 3 years. Management is a bit disorganized but the hospital is going through a lot of changes because they are merging with a bigger hosptial and there is a lot of restructuring. The most enjoyable part of my job is caring for patients. The hardest part would have to be the physical demand at times but I understand and accept that it comes with my profession.
Fast paced environement with a variety of clients
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMay 7, 2015
At Rockingham Memorial Hospital, we are one of the busiest emergency rooms. On a typical day we see about 200 patients. We have to use customer satisfaction skills as well as being professional. We see a variety of patients, including ones that do not speak English or have been through trauma. I have learned patience and how to juggle a big workload. I have learned not to stress when there is much to be done. Co-workers work together as a team to get all of our requirements met.
Caring and Productive Workplace
Reception/Registration (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMarch 15, 2013
A typical day at work was enjoyable. I learned a variety of different things working here that were beneficial to advancing my career. Management was caring about employees and very involved with making the workplace enjoyable and productive. Co-workers were pleasant and helpful. There really wasn't a hard part of this job and the most enjoyable part was getting to meet so many wonderful people.
Pros
free lunches, incentives for great work performance and acknowledgements
Nice group of people
Nursing Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 8, 2015
Enjoyed my time there before moving out of state! Would recommend this place to anyone both for employment and care! Very clean hospital as well!
Pros
money, breaks, clean
Cons
shift hours
Overall rating 4
Care Coordinator, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 23, 2013
I currently work 3 12hour shifts per week as a case manager in the ER. I review admissions following the IQ guidelines and interacting with the ED physicians and the hospitalists. I handle social issues such as reviewing cases for APS, CPS referrals, arranging home health for cases, medication approvals, transportation authorizations and miscellanous issues that come up. I truly enjoy all aspects of my job. I feel like I have developed a great relationship with everyone.
Pros
satisfaction with helping people
Cons
Enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with
Baker/Cook (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 31, 2013
The hospital was a great place to work with good people but the constant change of management and lack of communication started to bring the department down a lot. I had various job as I started out as a cashier, then went to as food service rep and finally a baker. I enjoyed learning all the different jobs.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
lack of communication and management
Recommend it to everyone
Patient Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 14, 2013
To work in the Rockingham Memorial Hospital has been an honor. I wanted to work somewhere new and exciting and I have defiantly gotten my wish. I have learned a lot over the years, especially from the experienced nurses, PCT'S, doctors and staff. RMH has wonderful resources for employees and the community we provide care for. The nurses and PCTs work together as a team. Hopefully working at a place such as RMH you too will feel included, appreciated and encouraged to not only care for your patients but yourself as well.
Rmh
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VANovember 10, 2012
wonerful enviornment to work just having to relocate. I have learned to have a lot more patience with people. I have developed skills in dealing with death and terminalhardest part o my job is knowing I can diseases. The hardest part is knowing I can't improve my patients life but have to make them comfortable and help them accept the dying process. The part I enjoy iswhen they tell me I'm like no other and the care I provide is amzing and one of a kind.
Pros
meetin new people and caring for wonderful people
Cons
most are terminally ill.
Advancing Healthcare System
Revenue Cycle Project System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 15, 2013
I run my daily reports and fix any and all account issues that arise. Every month, I run the previous month's statistics and report to the Director of the department so they can be used in financial reports to the CFO. I was tossed into the computer system and had to learn it as I went and learned quite a bit very quickly. I really enjoy testing new upgrades to the system, as well as being the project manager for new products/procedures throughout the department.
It was overall nice environment.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 5, 2013
I loved the people I worked with and the patients.
I just wished there were more of a routine or sense of order about things.
It was just kind of Frazzled, I basically had to make my own nightly ritual of how to work.
Pros
it was easy getting extra hours or switching hours with co-workers to fit with school activities, and life events.
Cons
you didn't get a lot of feedback, or help making daily routines of duties.
Fun and enjoyable workplace and coworkers
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMarch 15, 2013
I worked 12 hour shifts 3a to 3p, in the morning we started off with blood draws where I learned the phlebotomy aspect of my work. We had a good bit of charting that was all on computers which made things alot easier. My co-workers were very helpful and our floor manager was awesome, understanding, and helpful. I didn't get to stay at this job long due to complications I was having with my pregnancy at the time.
Agency Overview and Leadership
Medical Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMay 28, 2013
I worked as an intern and gained numerous valuable experience and job skills. I worked a regular 8 hour per day shift under the leadership of a very knowledgeable Medical Social Worker. Co-workers and Colleagues were very helpful. Greatly enjoyed interning at the agency and those I worked with.
Pros
supportive staff members
Cons
could use more medical social workers
Overall, a good working environment
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAApril 10, 2012
Overall, RMH was a good place to work. However, the last department supervisor I had while there had no people skills and could not communicate with his employees effectively. He played favorites to people in the department. He is the main reason I left job when I did.
Pros
enjoyed the employees i worked with
Cons
ineffective department supervisor (paul lockwood)
good place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAAugust 30, 2014
A typical day at work was working as a scrub nurse technician. On the job training. Co-workers were great to work with. Hardest part of this job was leaving this position to go into an new role as a registered nurse position. I really liked working in the scrub/assist role.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
on-call-status and weekend work
Considerate and Understanding Management that looks for the best for the employee
Revenue Cycle Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMarch 1, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers. They are a great bunch of ladies that are always willing to help when someone is down, always wanting to make you smile, and are very considerate of your needs. Never a dull day at Rockingham.
Cons
short lunch, not great insurance coverage
radiology tech
radiology tech (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VANovember 30, 2013
Great facility.
Assisted with inpts, outpts, and er pts performing studies. Hardest part was the lack of management support.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
short, if any, breaks
RMH as a whole
Patient Services Rep. (Former Employee) –  1661 South Main Street HarrisonburgFebruary 27, 2014
RMH is an excellent employer, management at south main branch is not up to par as main hospital is.
Funny
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg VAAugust 10, 2013
I have learned a lot form RMh, I feel that it is agreat place to work and the management team in security is top of the line.
Small town atmosphere with state of the art technology.
RN-Part-Time to Full-Time; Currently PRN (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 30, 2013
RMH is an awesome healthcare facility. It has the small town atmosphere with the state of the art technology. I thoroughly enjoy working at RMH and especially enjoy working with my fellow staff members.

4.2