Rockline Industries

Rockline Industries Employer Reviews

Production operator
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at work is I start at 5:15 with a team meeting to let us know what is expected out of us for the day. And what I have learned over the 8 years I have been there is the friendship that is made when working in a close diversity teams.
Hours
1st Shift Line-worker (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: bad hours
I hated the hours that were given to me. I worked the 1st Shift on the wet side of the factory but again I hated the hours. Coworkers were nice and my typical day at work were tiring and I learned that line work isn't worth the hours. Management was nice, The hardest part of the job was being on my feet. The most enjoyable part of work was going on break.
busy workplace
Machine operator (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WINovember 22, 2014
Pros: good breaks, alot of work, insured employment
Cons: slow work in winter.
Mr. duct overall was my favorite place to work. I learned how to communicate with customers and how to properly set up and use equipment when cleaning hvac systems. I learned how to use basic hand tools, co- workers were awesome to work with. management was great.
Demand Forecaster
Demand Forecaster (Former Employee), Springdale, aRAugust 2, 2014
Pros: trying to balance what the sales personnel want and the companies capacity
Cons: when i computers went down, which was often, being the work was computered based we could not do anything up till usually the next day
I analyze customer furnished data and historical customer demand. Use Logility forecasting tool to establish forecast for SKU's in the US, China, Mexico for 2000+ items. and Review exceptions and reports daily for any issues and adjust or reforecast as necessary. I learned about the software and how it is used to forecast items.
general labor
general laborer (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIApril 25, 2014
I Loved this place. I give it a five star because it was a pleasant place to work at. Nice people to meet and the work wasn't hard at all. If I could have got hired on first shift I would of stayed but I was just a temp and I needed to be making more money then what I was.
Fast paced work environment, clean
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIApril 22, 2014
Pros: safety is a high priority, very clean factory, some awesome people to meet
Cons: training lackluster, management very bad
run a machine do paperwork and be trained poorly and get thrown into big mess ups from others and get left in the dust by the management and always finding ways to make you have more work with some leaders only having production be the number one goal
Productive and great team environment
Folder Operator (Former Employee), Springdale, ARDecember 10, 2013
Pros: 30 min breaks, benefits, fixed schedule, 12 hour shifts with 3 days off
Cons: management and unneccessary drama
Team members close and easy to communicate with, I learned the importance of being a team and working hard does pay off, I also learned more appreciation for other team members as well as self confidence.
A few things about working at Rockline
Small machine operator/Production (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WINovember 13, 2013
Team work with my co-workers, the process of manufacturing, enjoying the friends that I made while working.
Very nice factory
Line Worker (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIOctober 12, 2013
I liked working for Rockline, The insurance was good, made good money.
A good family owned company producing paper products
EDI Operations (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIAugust 19, 2013
Several times per day I would process EDI orders. While not doing EDI, I was programming
Productive and Very Friendly Place
Filters (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIAugust 8, 2013
Pros: lunches
Cons: short break
I learned that working at a factory is a very difficult but yet good salary job. Some people are friendly but some are just hating like you are bad and all. But the best part was to learn many new things.
Strong history of sales success; family-owned company and culture
Product Manager (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIMay 29, 2013
Pros: casual environment, successful overall corporate growth
Cons: lacking overall structure and processes, roles and responsibilities not clearly defined
9-10 hour work days - focusing on CPG-related marketing/product management activities. Corporate structure and environment is loose and not as structured as larger companies - providing opportunities for those willing to work for improvements. Challenging part of the job is linked to the nature of Private Label - we are customer-driven in terms of product development and program requirements - which does not always coincide with market trends, etc. Enjoyable environment with co-workers.
Temp work is different
Temp Worker (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIMarch 1, 2013
Pros: easy job
Cons: tough shifts
I found it hard to stay busy at Rockline and sometimes I would be asked to go home because there wasn't enough work to be done. The work was very easy and the pay was good too. It was kind of hard to work twelve hours on third shift.
Day of Work
International Contract Manager (Current Employee), Springdale, ARNovember 3, 2012
Pros: subcontracting suppliers
Cons: new requirements targeting other areas added unecessary steps on my aerea
TYPICAL DAY
- Planning for the Day
- Meetings with suppliers to discuss performance, new products, services, agreements, problems, production trials and negotiate costs.
- Meetings with internal customers: Marketing, Product Development, Technical, Quality to report progress, production trials, launches, specs, business needs, etc
- Making decisions and formalizing them via email

MOST ENJOYABLE
It is extremely exciting to subcontract, to have the power to impact the bottom line, to help Product Develpment and Marketing create new Products, to work with peoplpe from different areas of the company

HARDEST PART
To translate technical documents

CO-WORKERS
From different areas: Marketers, Engineers, Logistics, Purchasing, Product developers (scientist), chemist, etc.
lots of room for advancement
Line Worker (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIAugust 29, 2012
Great place to learn new skills and advance in many different career fields
Loved this job
Line Supervisor (Former Employee), Springdale, ARMay 14, 2012
It was fast paced and never a dull moment. It could be very stressful
Productive and fast pace
Temp (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIApril 15, 2012
Pros: money
Cons: 20 min. lunches
rockline was a coffe filter / wipes factory, i was on the coffe filter side which is a little faster than the wipes side. They have loud machines, nice co-workers and team leaders.
Its a Job.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), New JerseyApril 9, 2012
Ok place to work. Great group of people. Learned the ins and outs of global logistics management.