RockPile Energy Services Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Wireline Operator / Pressure Control (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDAugust 8, 2017
Good job if you don't mind being away from home. Physically challenging at times and periodically stressful but overall it is not a bad place to work. Benefits were excellent.
Rockpile was a great company to work for until they changed management then it became a not what you know but who you know place to work.
Pump Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJune 22, 2017
Have one of the lowest pay scales in the oilfield and all of management is out for themselves and could care less about the hands unless the hands are their friends.
Class Act for "Best-in-Class" Frac Company
Hydraulic Fracturing Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJune 4, 2017
Easily one of the best work environments in this industry. Arguably the best pay for a Field Engineer in the industry.

Excellent crews and management.

The field life is brutal, but Rockpile is awesome.
Pros
Pay, Culture, Management, Colleagues
Cons
No life or time with 14/7 schedule
No balance of life and work
Wireline Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJanuary 26, 2017
Not a bad company to work for as long as your life is only about work. Not very good compensations and no help in travel expenses. No room to move up unless you know someone.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
No life other than work
Great Team environment
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDAugust 10, 2016
Get'er done attitude with Safety as a priority. We worked like a family. Everyone takes care of each other and it is done safely.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Time away from actual family, but this was a personal choice at the time.
great co workers
Sand Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJuly 7, 2016
12 hour days with a rotating shift between days to nights. co workers were great to work with and learn from. It seemed like everyone was to do their job and part of someone else.
Great company to work with!
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMay 19, 2016
Very good company to work with! Survived some of the toughest times in the oilfield in the past 30 years! Continued to provide excellent quality service and were able to beat out most of the biggest competitors in our industry! Dealt with downturn in oil prices better than majority of competitors.
Pros
Excellent commitment to quality results!
Cons
Rotational schedule is extremely difficult to create a work life balance.
Good to work with, nice benefits, when oil prices are up
Ground cell (Former Employee) –  TX, NDApril 22, 2016
Multi tasking
small upper management so they give back to employees
opportunity for advancement
Normally work in TX or ND
Good people to work with
Pros
paid living, high salary
Cons
not stable, based off oil prices
Field Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 9, 2016
Long hours, excellent pay and benefits. Small company everyone knows one another. Lots of hands on training, great working environment.
Fast paced and Challenging
Senior Field Engineer / salesman (Current Employee) –  North DakotaMarch 8, 2016
A typical day of work first and foremost consists of keeping people safe. We use explosives on a daily basis and safety is always the number one priority. I run a crew of 3-10 people on a daily basis to make sure all tasks are being completed safely and efficiently.

I learned be a leader and how to be patient and efficient supervisor. This job has always kept me on my toes and taught me something new everyday.

Management has always been great. They care about their employees and do whatever it takes to make sure that we are safe and taken care of.

My co-workers can be challenging at times but they always came through for me. They believed in my process and trusted my judgment. I couldn't have asked for a better group of co-workers.

The hardest part of my job was making sure that everyone was being safe. You always have to stay on your toes and make sure that everyone is doing their task properly. One persons mistake could cost someone their life.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with other people. My crew of guys are like family to me. You spend a lot of time together in close quarters. We share a lot of moments together and learn a lot about each other. We all respect each other and would do anything for one another.
Pros
always remote location, close interactions with co-workers, always meeting new people, and getting to see many different places
Cons
having to drive to north dakota and be away from my family for two weeks, long hours at times, the distance from my family is the biggest con of all
operator
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJanuary 30, 2016
great place to work. your more then just a number. good living facilitys. great pay. safety is number one for them and training it great as well.
Bulk Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDNovember 11, 2015
This is a great company to work for! Everyone is like family here.There is always room for advancement.I look forward to what the future holds here!
great place if your looking for oil field work
Hydraulic Pump Operator/Acid Transporter (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDOctober 21, 2015
they pay well and the benefits are great. I would still work there is I did not have a family. If your looking to move up fast this is not the place for you. it can be a slow go but worth the wait.
rockpile energy
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  north dakotaSeptember 7, 2015
I enjoyed my carrer at rockpile my workmates had become like family I made good money great benefits,all around a great company to work for
fun people
Operator (Current Employee) –  watford, ndJune 19, 2015
A typical day is showing up to work, driving to jobsite, safety meeting and swap out. making sure all iron and valves are correct. Wait and watch well pressure adjust, adjust as needed.
Poor Management
mechanic (Former Employee) –  DickinsonJune 9, 2015
Management seems to be oblivious to what's going on out in the field.

There is no effort to make things better.

Not sure if upper management knew what was going on at local level.
Pros
Good schedule, overtime was good till cutbacks
Cons
No advancement oppertunitys, no pay increase, poor review proces
Difficult to develop crew cohesion.
Wireline Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMay 24, 2015
Each hitch you're working with a different crew and different equipment. Crew makeup often changes during the shift.

Even with work in the oil field being slow people are quitting because the pay has become too low to pay for travel expenses to go to work.

Occasionally operators are required to provide personal transportation between the shop and the job site.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
Unstable environment.
Good benefits and pay.
Wireline Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMay 7, 2015
Poor management team. Little communication. Everybody is just out for himself and his own advancement. Little comradarie and teamwork. Disappointing.
Pros
Bonuses
its ok place to much favoritism
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickinson North DakotaApril 29, 2015
its an ok place to work. it is a good old boys work place its who you go drinking with kind of thing which is not me. schedules jump around to much you have to work days then nights then back to days all in one week it is hard on your system.
Pros
Great benefits but they kept cutting them and taking them away.
Cons
quit paying for housing allowance
Hard work, long hours, but very rewarding
Senior Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDApril 23, 2015
A typical day is 12 hours long, not including the drive to work. The work day can range from nonstop challenges to nothing at all depending on well conditions. Management and co-workers can be a great part of the job as long as you take the initiative to get your hands dirty and earn the respect.

Hardest part is starting a family with a difficult work schedule, and being gone two weeks at a time. This is not Rock Pile's fault, it's the demands of the industry. I have no negative comments against Rock Pile.

The enjoyable part is comradely forged between co-workers.
Pros
Many benefits and sizable pay
Cons
Tough living conditions and long hours