Rockport Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
fast
trouble shooter (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 30, 2017
in each day we had to pack a amount and if you did not hit that amount your time would end. However it does teach you to stay busy. It also shows you have to catch every detail in a fast manner.
Very Boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIMay 10, 2017
The prices of shoes were very high, so you wouldn't have as many customers on a daily. I did learn how to better help someone if they don't have their shoe size.
Pros
watching television
Cons
standing around doing nothing
great place fun benefits
Regional Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2017
management great pay is great a lot of benefits . a lot of time on the road awya from your family. great for dingle people not a lot of opportunities for advancement
Caring and friendly employees
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, OHApril 20, 2017
A typical day at work revolves around customers and making sure they are being sized for insoles and shoes. Stock and recover after busy times to ensure all sold product is refilled. Management is helpful in establishing goals and tasks. The workplace culture is friendly and makes it fun to go to work. The hardest part of the job is to increase sales when there are not many customers in the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work with a diverse group of customers.
Pros
Lunch breaks easy to take
Cons
No chance of advancement
Staff was fun and customers were nice.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MAApril 9, 2017
I really enjoyed this job as my first job because of the staff and the customers. Since we a smaller store we didn't have hundreds of customers at a time, so I felt like I could help every customer to the fullest of my capabilities. Also, as a smaller store we didn't need that many staff members so I got to know all of them very well.
Amazing Brand
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2017
Loved my job. Amazing company and staff. Corporate was amazing and supportive in every way possible. On going training and lots of positive feedback. Work life balance was strongly encouraged.
Pros
free product, compensation, corporate support
Cons
non
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYMarch 22, 2017
if you enjoy working in a small environment then this place is good for you. I enjoyed working her, the workers and management always made it fun. its an easy job.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 18, 2017
Loved Most of the staff . Great Working experience .i learned a lot over the past months working with them . Fun moments great laughs and great communication.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks
Rockport Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 26, 2017
While working at Rockport I learned a lot about being a salesman, product knowledge, and customer service. The work environment wasn't outstanding and the management style was disorganized.
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Cons
Poor Management
Great opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Natick, MADecember 18, 2016
The hours are flexible. You are offered a decent meal time for breaks. Nice opportunity to meet new people. Good co- workers
fun work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 1, 2016
it was always a joy to help people find the right item they were looking for. i learned a lot on how to help someone and listening to their exact need.
Pros
free shoes
Cons
short breaks
Overall good place to work
Operations Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAMarch 22, 2016
Days included department meetings, calls with vendors, and independent work periods. I learned how to manage other people, lead projects successfully, and budget commerce division.
productive and a good workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Great job, I learned a lot from that workplace and gained a lot of experience with several things like customer service, stocking, cashier
Soul destroyer
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIDecember 27, 2015
Just overall not a good place. Terrible management who only care about themselves. If you like to be treated like you're dumb this is the place for you
I loved this job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYNovember 5, 2015
My only reason for leaving was salary advancement. Great job for a high school or college student. Was perfect for me at that point in my life.
Required product knowledge and ability to build a customer/employee relationship
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 26, 2015
A typical work day would consist of greeting each customer and forming a relationship with them while finding out what there needs are. Then attending to their needs and even finding alternatives for their objections.
Pros
Free shoes
One of the best companies to work for
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYMarch 12, 2015
I would open the store, audit the day before paperwork, check portal for any corporate issued markdowns or change in promotion. I would also check to see how all associates ere progressing on the Customer service Shine program. I managed 10 associates.
Driven
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2015
Helping customers to achieve the style that they are looking for to complete their outfit(s); while bringing confront to their feet. The management team was very motivated and driven in which help me to be driven as well.
Pros
Cons
no benefits
Great Begining Job
3rd Key manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 8, 2014
This was my very first job. I was promoted from an associate to a key hold in 6 months. This is where I really started my management career and got pushed out of my comfort zone at 16.
Slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 25, 2014
The co-workers were nice and easy going. The store didn't get a lot customers so work usually was slow and boring. A lot of workers so hard to get a lot of hours.
Pros
Easy, long breaks
benefits