Rockstar Energy Drink Employee Reviews

If you dont have thick skin don't apply
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 3, 2017
Lots of hours on the road and often setting up major sales in large format stores that seem to be last min. The time and freedom you get to approach your territory is nice.
Pros
Freedom of planning own day, free energy drinks
Cons
Boss yelling at you for still doing your job, poor planning from managment and poor implimentation of campaigns
Terrible Managment and Training
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Los AngelesJuly 21, 2017
The worst culture and magement i have ever worked under. Being threaqted top be fired on a weekly basis and absolutely no traing. You are a number to this company and nothing more.
NON-STOP with no breaks
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 21, 2017
Basically you just do your job. Stay off the radar and no one bugs you. If your on the radar then you are screwed. It is a battle ground with some of the accounts and in the field.
Pros
Pay is ok for what you do
Cons
Driving all the time
Horrible place
Sample Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2017
awful company, they are not well managed. they cease to show they care about their employees and never treat them prper the hr is incredible hard to get ahold of or mae herself useful
Pros
pays well
Cons
terrible managment
Decent entry level sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2017
Fun company to work with. Typical corporate micromanaging. Direct managment is easy to work with and very helpful but also very unorganized. Pay is decent and commission is fair.
Pros
Fun company
Cons
micromanaging, unorganized
Great opportunity to gain experience in the beverage industry.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAJanuary 16, 2017
This company gave a good starting position into the world of the energy drink field. The work environment was an atmosphere of work hard, play hard. Although I would say that although it is a great place to start, career advancement is hard. Great entry level job though.
Pros
Fun work environment, good people
Cons
limited career advancement
Worst company ever
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  AzAugust 11, 2016
If you want to work for a company that doesnt post open management positions. They just promote their friends in the company. The same people they hang out with on the weekends and posts pictures of it.

I'm pretty sure you don't want to work for a company who has the VP curse at you during a conference call.

Forget about going to HR, there is no HR. It's as if the company hired all their childhood friends to be in charge of major positions.

This company makes up rules as it goes. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone I know.
Pros
Cons
Getting yelled at for the smallest thihg
Very unorganized company
Field Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 24, 2015
This had to be the worst job that I ever had. I don't normally post reviews on jobs, but my hope is to save someone from making the same mistake that I made.

For starters, the management system is horrific. We would receive several messages every week threatening our jobs and/or pay if we didn't perform certain tasks. The problem is that there were only a handful of people who weren't complying to company standards, but instead of approaching those people directly, they threatened everyone.

Then there was pay. As a Field Sales Rep, we were supposed to get paid on the 1st and the 16th of each month. There were times when those days fell on a weekend. Instead of paying us the Friday prior, we were paid on the Monday after. This was done without anyone giving us a heads up about the late payment. And as far as the commission structure, it doesn't appear that anyone knows how it works. I asked my supervisor about commission that I was supposed to receive and he told me verbatim "you don't need to worry about that, you'll get paid when it comes."

Lastly, the companies product is inferior to other energy drinks, yet the heads of the company act is if it's the best product on the market. The reason for the inferiority is that the higher ups don't want to invest in the product. They do have some pretty good skus, however the upper level is more interested in taking home as much money as possible. They don't want to reinvest into the brand.

Overall, save your time and find a company that values your worth because this company is not it. I wouldn't be surprised if this
  more... company is either sold, or if it just folds eventually.  less
Pros
You can start early and finish your day early.
Cons
Incompetent management, horrible commission structure, inferior product.
it was fun meeting new people daily
Sales (Former Employee) –  IowaApril 2, 2015
i drove around all day to different locations to sell in our product, i learned all the new flavors of rockstar energy, management was hard to get in touch with being in another state, i didnt have any co workers, most enjoyable was being outside on nice days
Pros
enjoying the weather driving the state of iowa
Cons
driving all day
Dead end job with no Future prospects of upward mobility.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  WestDecember 2, 2014
Start early in the AM, and hit specified types of accounts on a daily basis with specific goals in mind.

I have not really learned anything new from this position that I had not already known from past positions.

Management is nothing more than a voice in the sky that speaks to you through email in a fairly militant fashion.

Some coworkers have become decent friends, others are lazy do nothings that get by on doing the bare minimum to stay employed.

Hardest part of this job is getting up everyday and trudging through my day knowing that this company makes millions and pays me barely anything.

The most enjoyable part of this job only comes at the end of the day/or week when it is over.
Pros
Company Car/Never work weekends
Cons
Low salary/not enough PTO/ bare minimum Health Benefits/under valued as an employee
Evolved
Sales force (Former Employee) –  NYOctober 9, 2014
Ok entry level sales/management position. Great coworkers. Great pay. Not as good as it once was. It has become very locked down, and overly managed making it very difficult to have your own unique sales tactics. This caused most of ROCKSTARS seasoned team to quit and find work elsewhere.
Pros
Young company
Cons
Micro-managed by incompetant bean counters
Productive and Fun
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Great company. Freedom to work freely. Great benefits. Great learning experience.
Pros
great company
Awesome Job
Campus Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GASeptember 17, 2013
Awesome Job, with lots of perks and free stuff! If you have the opportunity to work their you should,
Decent
College Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 27, 2013
Good experience, simple, different. You just planned out events, handed out their new drinks and tried to promote the brand. Basically a brand ambassador. No co-workers in the area, worked by yourself. I did though learn about marketing, promotions and event set up. It was entertaining to talk to everyone
Pros
fun, entertaining
Cons
no advancement, low pay
No health care and no clear directives
Event Sample Manager (Current Employee) –  new yorkFebruary 5, 2013
Gave you the freedom to meet new people and plan out your own day.
Pros
read above
Cons
no health care-no room for advancing locally, no vacation
Business Development, Event Planning/Coordinating, Brand Awareness, Consumer Education, Merchandising, Networking
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 22, 2012
• Focused on the Portland market to build and increase brand outreach.
• Distributed products and promotional materials to grow excitement and presence around the focused
product.
• Educated consumers on newly released products and tracked consumer insight.
• Found creative ways to implement product use in everyday lifestyle of consumer demographic.
• Partnered with local celebrities and businesses to strengthen brand outreach.
• Collaborated with local entertainment and even coordinators to brand consumer-focused events.
• Successfully recruited, trained and managed a gorilla marketing team of five.
Education Job experience with fast growing company
Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 23, 2012
I was a campus ambassador for Rockstar Energy Drink which entailed setting up events to promote and expand the Rockstar brand on Towson University's campus. I enjoy setting up and coordinating events and I'm pretty good at running a successful event. I would report to a regional director once a month providing pictures and other audio material to show I was indeed setting up the events.
Pros
marketing for such a large company provided great experience.
Cons
no room for advancement once you graduate.
Fun place to work, great group of out going people
Official Campus Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 14, 2012
Picked up Rockstar from the Pepsi plant every month, held events (3-4 per month) to promote Rockstar, take pictures and then put the pictures up on the Rockstar website. Also fill out some simple surveys, take pictures of on campus dining areas/snack shops with energy drinks and upload those onto the website as well. Part I least liked was driving out to the Pepsi plant, most enjoyable part was meeting new people and giving out free things! It always makes people's day. Very interesting to learn about advertising/promotional strategies of Rockstar.
Pros
free rockstar!
Had a great time working there.
Houston Sales Manager/Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2012
It was a great job, except not a whole lot of support from management or from home office in L.A.
but I was there for a long time and grew up there.
Pros
almost everyting
Cons
owner was very mean.
Exciting Marketing Opportunity for College Student
Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN (University of Minnesota)March 6, 2012
Working for Rockstar Energy Drink via Youth Marketing Connection was one of the most entertaining and exhausting jobs I've ever taken on. The attention was marvelous but the experience was most beneficial. Rockstar does a great job and how they go about gathering their market research and put employees to work. Whether full time or contract every job in this company is exciting.
Pros
free rockstar energy drink and apparel
Cons
limited jobs/tasks