RockTenn Employee Reviews

its an ok place to work,
LINE MAN (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 21, 2017
Rock Tenn is not the best job but it pays okay. Most days some workers don't want to work as hard,or as much as everyone else. The supervisor was humble and funny a times.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of help during working hrs.
It was a okay place to work for the pay
Forklift Operator Front end loader (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day for me consisted of spotting rail cars finding a supervisor to see which car recive what kind of baled material which could consist of newspaper,occ,magazines,ppe,etc...while weighing every bale I guess doing this everyday was ok everything else sucks no team players pay was horrible 10 cent raise every year supervisors we're fair it's just workers ran the plant telling bosses what they ain't gone do the place just wasn't organized I guess looking back now we got paid what we were worth
Pros
Safety lunches safety awards Walmart gift cards
Cons
To many bosses not enough supervisors pay scale whack
Poor supervisors
Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 6, 2017
Excellent workers, but emphasis on production numbers create a hostile environment. Employees spend too much time worried about getting in trouble, i.e afraid to go use the bathroom. Supervisors are not to be found, unless to cover their behinds. Cliques have developed between department and refuse to help each other.
excellent company
Leadman/Foreman (Current Employee) –  Latta, SCDecember 22, 2016
This has been a rewarding and challenging company to work for in which I have had a great career with. You will learn your most rewarding lessons from leading people. The calvary isn't coming... We are the calvary!
Pros
good pay and benefits
Ok company to work for when they open
Pressman (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 22, 2016
Company not to bad to work for ,pay was competitive. Positive work atmosphere. Benefits were good Most holidays were paid .
Busy, productive with good people
Quality/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXDecember 15, 2016
My typical day at work was busy. Inspecting and packing cartons. team works important as well as safety. inspected cartons for visual defects and glue. Management was very involved. My co-workers were awesome. Enjoyed working for Rock Tenn.
Fun place.
Stacker, Baler and general machine operation (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INDecember 5, 2016
Make box's for fast food...
How to sit up machince and make box's
All ways there when needed.
Great to work with.
Looking at kfc lids
All ways busy all year around.
Good pay, Good People and Good Benefits
Flexo Operator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 1, 2016
I took the job at RockTenn even though I lived almost an hour and half away from there. Worked there for 2 years and got laid off. Started working somewhere closer and a month later they called me back to work but I had got use to not having to drive far. I think I messed up.
Good place, boring sometimes but full time would be good money
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 28, 2016
I was just a temp but it was a pretty good place to work. If you can get on full time you can make pretty good money but it is 12 hour shifts and it gets boring after awhile. The people are pretty good though.
Steady work an time went by fast
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 21, 2016
I was responsible for the measuring an cutting of the metal sheets that was placed for me to measure an cut at a certain length foe the next line to be able to complete their part
Pros
Steady an fast paced work. Also long breaks
Cons
No cons
Good Job
UTILITY OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2016
Nice place to work. Great people and you learn a lot of different jobs within the company. they are flexible. great employees.
Pros
weekends of
Cons
got laid off
good place to work, good managment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Kimball Point, TNNovember 9, 2016
I liked my job there.. liked going to work.. worked with good people I would recommend people to work there.. good hours and different shifts
Pros
big break area, great people to work with
Cons
short breaks, no smoking
Good job great pay and a pretty cool forman
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 8, 2016
I miss my job I still regret every day that I lost it
I'm more than willing to go back even as a temp starting all over from the bottom like last time
Pros
Excelent management and good long-term job
Cons
I don't work their no more
Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Latta, SCNovember 7, 2016
Set up machines according to specifications. Inspect finished product to ensure quality provisions. Adhered to periodically check and repair die-maker and also made small maintenance repairs. Ensured all associated tooling are in good working order. Worked on different types of machines, from manual to computer-controlled machinery. Ensured that machines are in working condition and remains in good working order. Operate at full capacity and kept stocked with any materials the machine may need to perform its task.
Awful
Safety Committee Representative/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHOctober 21, 2016
There is scarce little room for advancement and each year the company is taking benefits away. It would be much more successful if the management treated employees as the assets they are instead of liabilities. Selection of managers is odd. They keep or promote the people with the poorest ethical standards. When they do promote in the management area, they usually hire friends of current management. They rule by threats and intimidation.
Pros
Decent pay for mid-west
Cons
Horrible environment full of a buddy-system form of management
Picnic every year, great prises.
Flat Pack (Former Employee) –  Conway, AROctober 16, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with. After the company changed hands it was not a plesent place to work. I would like to thank them for rehiring me after I moved back to town.
Its a fun work place
Warehouse Packer (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAOctober 14, 2016
Its fast paced on the production line
The people there are wonderful an respectful
I learned how to make boxes i also learned how to operate a production line so the comoany is willing to cross train individuals who want to learn more with in the company
Pros
You can work as many hours thats available
Cons
Short breaks
Easy machine work, good pay, poor leadership.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 2, 2016
Overall work isn't bad. Quality of your family life at this plant is unsatisfactory. Good pay due to the union. Good benefits. Unfair holdover language and attendance policy.
good to employee
Temp- Customer Service/ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2016
I only worked there for a short time, but zi enjoyed the enviroment. They are a fast pace company, that provides a lot of services to the community, and local business.
Energetic and fast paced
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, MOJuly 20, 2016
This company was great to work for! It was a close knit group of people and I was sad when they were bought out and closed down
Pros
3 12 hour shift which meant the group you worked with depended on each other
Cons
I honestly didn't have any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RockTenn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9