Rockville Bank

Rockville Bank Employer Reviews

Good Company overall
Mortgage Processor (Current Employee), South Windsor, CTDecember 9, 2013
Could have better benefits and 401k
Good comapny to work for
salary ok
Great Company
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manchester, CTOctober 29, 2013
A community bank where ability is held highly. Great training, excellent values, and great opportunities.
Management stinks when it comes to removing a terrible branch manager.
Full-time Teller (Former Employee), Vernon, CTJuly 9, 2013
Pros: hours are steady, health insurance is great
Cons: required to attend bank events outside of work, poor management
I worked there just shy of 1 1/2 years. I started out in the Pitkin Road branch & transferred to the Lafayette Square branch after 6 months.

The transfer was a BIG mistake. The boss I had would pick, pick, pick every day, ALL day, until you were second guessing yourself so much & were terrified whenever she'd look your way because no matter how well – more... you did your job, she'd find SOMETHING wrong with you, your station, or the way you did your cash drawer. She made one of my coworkers repeat a transaction she'd already done correctly the first time because she said it was "wrong." (She made my coworker repeat the same process 5 times before she was satisfied--& there was no difference between the original transaction & the last!)

There seriously was no pleasing her. There were multiple complaints about her to HR over the course of FIVE YEARS, yet HR never did a thing to get her out of there. Because of her numerous employees quit, including me.

She didn't care about her minions. In her eyes, she was perfect, & we needed "work"--but there was never any satisfaction from her.

However, my coworkers & assistant branch manager were all awesome. I stayed as long as I did because I loved working with them so much.

The bank required that you volunteer for 2 community events per year, as well as participate in ongoing volunteer projects on your own time. (They made you account for this, too.) If you didn't meet these goals, you got written up. You also had to attend all extracurricular bank activities, which were usually in the evenings, several hours after work ended. You get paid overtime for it though.

Lunches were an hour long on the longest work day. Mondays & Fridays were 45 minutes, & the remaining days were 30 minutes. You could bring in hard candy to suck on & keep a bottle of water on your station as long as they were all hidden from the customer's view.

You were required to push at least one of the bank's products on your customers every single time, even if they already had them all.

Health insurance was decent. My 401(k) is in the stock market & I can play with it or leave it as is (which is all in ultra-conservative stocks). The choice is left up to you.

Your hours are steady, whether you're part- or full-time. When they say they're going to give you 20 hours/week (part-time), you're guaranteed 20 hours/week--usually at the end of the week (Wednesday to Friday with the occasional Saturday). Full-timers get roughly 1 full weekend (Saturday & Sunday) off per month--they rotate among the full-time tellers. Saturdays qualifies as overtime. – less
Rockville Bank Is excellent for the community
Teller (Former Employee), Glastonbury, CTFebruary 17, 2013
Rockville Bank is a great bank to work for and they are very family oriented. They have a very friendly and comfortable atmosphere that gives you a sense of security for the advancement of your career
Nice, enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manchester, CTAugust 17, 2012
Pros: great customers, pay is extremely great, always busy
Cons: disorganized since new changes
Busy branch, I dealt with customers on a daily basis from clock- in to clock-out. Every branch is different, but the busier the branch the quicker your day goes by. Great coworkers, supervising needs to be improved. Lunch break was typical 30 minutes.
terrific job opportunities
Asset Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), South Windsor, CTAugust 15, 2012
Easy advancement, great leaders, great place to start a career.