Rockville General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work. Employer/Employee relationships are good. Caring environment.
Administrative Assistant for Director & Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, CTOctober 4, 2015
Many opportunities to advance within organization. Environment friendly. Staff very welcoming and work well with each together.
Pros
Good benefits, friendly atmosphere and good teamwork.
Great place to stay busy. You go all over the hospital to draw blood. OR, ED, PACU, ect.
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Vernon/Rockville, CTJuly 23, 2015
I loved working in the hospital. I just graduated from Fox Institute of Business when the supervisor and the former Lab. Manager hired me. Not a lot of experience. I was hired as a courier and to do STAT draws at the nursing homes when it was needed in the evening after all the other phlebotomist have gone home. When a full time Phlebotomist position came around, I got it. I drew blood all over the hospital. I was also sent to nursing homes to draw on patients. Patients loved to see me because I would only stick them once to get there blood and I don't hurt nor do I leave bruises. I loved my supervisor. Rockville was a great place to work. The new Laboratory Manager was a rat when I left. She should have been fired not me. I was the lowest person on the totem pole, so I was the one that got fired but it was the manager that dropped the ball. I heard that she lost her job about a year later.

I loved working at Rockville General. Absolutely loved it!!
Pros
Loved drawing on the patients. Loved working with my co-workers.
The hospital is changing radically.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, CTJuly 20, 2015
I have no complaints about my immediate co-workers or managers. We had a tightly knit Medical Imaging group where almost without exception my coworkers were friendly, professional, and willing to help out or "cover your back". I learned everything I know about being a radiologic technologist there, with great help from my more experienced coworkers. Radiology Is a second career for me, so their help was gratefully accepted. The most enjoyable parts of the job came in knowing I had done the best job possible when imaging in the OR. Receiving praise from a surgeon after a particularly difficult case was most gratifying.

The hardest part of the job was the constant knowledge of financial difficulties/job insecurity. Knowing that the change to a for-profit facility was inevitable, and the increasingly re-active (as opposed to proactive) management.
Pros
Nice people, small, friendly setting, long tradition of exceptional patient care.
Cons
Constant emphasis on economy, being forced to "flex" when circumstances dictated.
Good Comunity Hospital
housekeeper 2 (Current Employee) –  Vernon Rockville, CTJune 21, 2014
my co-workers are nice to work with and are there when I need their help. Most of the time we have fun together and enjoy each others company on and off the job.
Pros
health fares and christmas and thanksgiving meals hospitals provide free
Cons
short of help
Helping Others
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CTJune 3, 2014
Being a volunteer for the Rockville General Hospital as a teenager helped distinguish what role I would play as an adult. I have always wanted to help people and I continue to volunteer as an adult today. A typical day at work consisted of serving meals to our assigned floors. We would meet and greet new patients and try to make them feel as comfortable as possible. The management was bubbly and supportive, always willing to help. The hardest part of the job was knowing that certain patients were extremely sick and slowly dying, but the best part about the job was having the most fulfilling conversations with people I barely knew. We talked about dreams, goals, and love. I relieved more out of the conversations than most people could understand.
Life as a hospital employee
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CTAugust 15, 2012
I always wanted to work in a hospital...but never got the chance until now..and it isnt all what i thought it would be...i enjoy my job when theres things to do like cases to watch but..it gets boring at time...
an excellent place to learn
Radiologic Technology Student (Former Employee) –  Rockville, CTMay 8, 2012
I was very lucky to have had the opportunity to have learned at this hospital!

4.3