Rockwater Energy Solutions

Rockwater Energy Solutions Employer Reviews

Has the potential, just not the leadership
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: you receive your pay bi-weekly
Cons: all of the above
Slave shop. Management has no idea what it is that you do or how many hours a day you put in as long as you fill their needs. You constantly feel that your job is in jeopardy. The only ones getting recognition or high praise are the individuals performing less work but more schmoozing.
Poor management
Lead/Frac Operator (Former Employee), Dickinson, NDJanuary 16, 2015
There was no set schedule or rotation. Promises of raises and advancement were used to extort employees into lead/supervisory positions without pay increases. Any problems reported were ignored. From branch manager level up through head of HR.
supply water to oil drilling rigs from natural water well
Water transfer/ Yard foreman (Former Employee), Kenedy, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Working at Rock Water was one of the best work experiences I have ever had. I have gained so my knowledge in management, safety and the daily labor of a job. A few things I did while working there was, forklift training, installation of fast line, and safety procedures. I also had the experience of running my own crew and also being in charge of a specific department.
The pay was great however no room for advancement. I peaked with this Company
Well Test Supervisor (Current Employee), Canonsburg, PADecember 19, 2014
I worked 12 hour days.
Constantly learned who the gas industry operated, how to test wells, how to experiment with Utica high pressure wells.
Management was alright, I liked all of my managers however they often lacked on support and needed tools in order for me to perform my job correctly. I really enjoyed my co-workers and made many life long friends here. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the communication problems between management our shop and our administrative staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with, meeting new people and the level of self achievement I got everyday after work. It was a challenging job and I enjoyed the challenge.
Fun workplace were coworkers are like family
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Kenedy TxDecember 3, 2014
Water transfer division is fun job and had the opportunity to learn mechanical aspect of transfer pumps, employees have a great safety culture
Customers have become hard to obtain due to the RockWater High margin of chemicla sales
Account Manager (Current Employee), Farmington, NMSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: i am emloyed
Cons: high margin it prevents customers from purchasing our products
Typial day at work is when I go to the field to field and deliver chemical, also try to make sales calls at the same time.
I learned the RockWater went back on their word when i was hired ad they said that they would hire me a driver and service tech. Thye have not. I am the only emloyee in Aztec, NM.
I have no co workers
Hardest part of the job is putting our high price chemcials on a treament recommendation for a proposal
the most enjoyable part is sericing my customers and also conducting field surevys to try and obatin new business
Go elsewhere !!!!!!!!!
Labor (Former Employee), Avella, PASeptember 2, 2014
Horrible company to work for. If you read the reviews you will see it in all areas from Texas to PA to the Dakotas it is all negative, they can and will work you into the ground and there is not even any form of gratitude in return. The pay scale is pathetic. Roughly 12.70 to start and a little over 17.00 once you become a supervisor and little to no increase from there. This is a fly by the seat of your pants company who just makes it by on a day to day basis. I spent almost 3 years with this company and had to get away. You will learn to like your co workers because those will be the only people you see. There is no balance it is either non stop work or in some areas there is no work at all. There are a hundred other companies that do the same thing and it would be my advice to go there. This place has gone stagnant and the retention rate, safety, management, pay scale, HR, benefits, equipment, can all be summed up in one word..... Terrible!

But if you enjoying the following than you should apply:

No time with your family.
Poor equipment that will break and then YOU have to answer to the customer why they can't operate.
Management is a buddy system with a obvious pick of favorites (those who stay local and do not work night shift).

Just my two cents.....
Come to learn, but dont come in as an experienced Operator
JR. Operator (Former Employee), Kenedy, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good pay when you get on a well
Cons: poor management, safety and company ethics
This company is a wreck morally and ethically. If you need to learn, expect to work for 4-8 mo. and then start looking elsewhere. Basically, get some experience and then leave them in the dirt where they belong.
good place to work
class A truck driver, heavy equipment operator (Former Employee), Elk City, OKJuly 30, 2014
my typical day at work, is waking up at 5 in the morning everyday, make sure I got everything I need to start the day. What I learn is pretty much what I explained in my duties of the job. I learn something new everyday. I get along with everyone at work, I make sure there is good communication with everyone, it makes the job a whole lot easier. The hardest part of the job would be traveling from one location to another, making sure everything gets done right also to make sure everything is secure while traveling and that everyone behind the wheel is well rested.
Horrible Management And No Contracts
Former Employee (Former Employee), Williston, NDJuly 29, 2014
Cons: everything
When I first started there was all the work in the world. The GM had quit and the company started to decline slowly. They want you to pay expensive rent only working 40 hrs a week. Getting to frac every 2 months or so. They have 20 miles of lay flat just sitting at the yard along with poly. So how are you making money???? There are a lot of drug users along with the GM and field operations managers. The HR department lets the druggies run the show. All of the good help has left. Only good contract they have going for them is Hess other than that they are horrible. Huge turn over rate biggest in Williston. Would not even recommend an unemployed person to get a job there. They need to bring people in who know how to run a business not A GOOD OL BOIS CLUB. An Fom got drugged by and escort and hr had to go rescue but he is the best employee. Nothing good about Williston. Also a lot of discrimination. HOUSTON NEEDS TO STEP IN ASAP BEFORE IT GETS WORSE.
HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM
There is nothing good to say about this company! NOTHING
Sucker (Current Employee), WillistonJuly 17, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
The water transfer department in Dickinson and williston is a complete joke! The operation manager, down to the Mickey Mouse good old boys that run the show.. Human resources, they suck to.. Had to fight to get money for the hours you worked.. Rent?? A joke! Your better off getting your own place for what rockwaters gonna charge you.. Don't move outta state and bring your family here.. Would be a huge mistake!! They have a huge turnover rate!! Your safety is not a issue!! Ever hear of stop work authority? Well if you do that hear.. Your fired.. Time is money! Whole place needs revamped! From human resources, to knuckleheads out in the field..
Stay away!!
Employee (Former Employee), MidlandJuly 1, 2014
Cons: everything
Horrible management, no career opportunities, no competitive pay, people get away with anything and everything. This is the worst place I've ever worked. Favoritism to the extreme. Avoid this place if at all possible!!! There are better paying jobs in this town with less headaches!!
clueless managment, lack of promotion, thankless
tech (Former Employee), coloradoJune 27, 2014
Pros: hours if you want them
Cons: anything else you can think of

This company is terrible. Go Go go is fine, tons of hours and rough conditions are fine, hard labor is fine. But lack of ANY advancement, a culture that only promotes supervisors drinking buddies and constantly being forced to scramble on jobs that are a direct result of poor planning by middle and upper branch management are unacceptable. As far as I'm concerned, asking for 200% is fine if compensated for your effort, but with rockwater you never are. There are no tools, no equipment and NEVER enough hands. The turnover rate at this company is atrocious and management never learns from their past. I don't blame the branch for the hiring situation, i blame corporate for it. 10 people get hired, within a month were lucky to still have two remaining. Apalling.

The pay does not reflect the scope of responsibility for employees either. Almost any other oilfield job in this area pays better, and instead of following through on advancement opportunities and promises they string you along. It's always just a few days or a few jobs away and it never ends. Good hands leave and junk hands replace them. This company needs to increase retention with compensation.

Noone needs a pat on the back for doing their job, but they deserve the respect and validation of not being ripped up continually.
Excellent job with good benefits
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), South TxJune 1, 2014
Pros: company more like family than a number
Cons: long days short nights
Typical day consists of rigging up, turning through equip and rigging down.
Great place to study and learn
HSE Regional Manager (Former Employee), Corvallis, OregonApril 18, 2014
Enjoyed working in Corvallis. Great town, wonderful people. OSU is a nice place to be.
Lies lies lies
Water tech Lead (Former Employee), Dickinson , andApril 6, 2014
Pros: employment
Cons: false promises and 2-3 months without time off
Was promised $23 an hour, so I quit my job and they hired me at $18, promised per diem and the re niged on that as well, half the staff didn't speak English and bragged they got raises because they were related or friends with Danato, our supervisor. Working 100 hours a week is fine with me, but 3 months straight was ridiculous , I can't speak for all of Rockwater but the Dickinson office has horrible management
Management Communication Needs Reserected
Purchasing/Inventory Manager (Current Employee), Vernal, UTApril 3, 2014
There is a major lack of communication between the corporate, regional, and branch levels.
Typical work day
Intern - Fluids Management Department (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 28, 2014
Pros: right next to the galleria mall, in a beautiful 64 floor building over looking the city of houston
Cons: traffic is tough to deal with during rush hour
I commuted quite more than average, about an hour and 10 minutes one way. So I typically left around 6, and got home around 6. If it wasn't for such an enjoyable staff and workplace, this summer would have been a test. But I was always challenged to work and learn quickly, which filled my desire to further my knowledge and education under some bright men and women at Rockwater.
run away and stay away
general abuse (Former Employee), avellaMarch 3, 2014
This company is a complete joke and insult. Be prepared to work thirty days plus with out a day off. No raises. No advancement unless you are in "the good ol boys" club
Run away !!!!!
Manager (Former Employee), TexasFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: you don't have to work there
Ex management : I dealt with upper mgt. Daily ! Better get it in writing. If your starving to death this place is not the answer anybody can do better.

1 2 3