Rockwater Energy Solutions Employee Reviews

Inventory Cost Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2017
Relax professional atmosphere with work and life balance. Managements and staff are friendly and caring. Limited opportunity for growth and pay cut after oil downturn.
Great group of guys that I worked with!
Fracker (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKSeptember 11, 2017
A typical day at work involved us having a quick meeting with everyone over a safe day by our supervisor James Espinoza. Our everyday work was to rip up jobs to locations to be ready to fracked!
Pros
Being fed for lunch.
Cons
Bring rewarded to take breaks.
it was hard work low pay it was ok
Feild Technician (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 11, 2017
its was hard work long hour low pay but it was ok when we worked 100 hr a week so that was a good thing some of tha guys where mean but theres good ones too
Great
Pipe Inspector (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKSeptember 7, 2017
Boss would call and tell you when to be at shop. Usually 4 man crews went to location. Unload pipe off of truck, checked thread and straightness of pipe.
Great people
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 30, 2017
The company has great staff that really help. The work is demanding no time for personal life. Getting with a good crew really helps. a lot of people don't want to carry their own weight.
Lots of hours
Ops Tech/ Water Transfer (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKAugust 27, 2017
Good with overtime. Get all the hours you want. Got insurance and 401K. Paid vacation. Work 7 days a week. Move up quickly due to how fast you learn and can communicate.
Pros
Good job to have
Cons
Not a whole lot of days off.
Not good company to work for
Flowback Hand (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 25, 2017
Worst company I ever worked for low pay no time off no rotation low benefits and rude supervisor flowback operations only make 11hr o. 24 hr schedule sucks really
Great Company, Great managers, but poor support
District Manager - Oilfield Production Chemicals (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 18, 2017
Up at 5:00 am, check and answer emails, approve time sheets of hrly employees, route trucks for delivery and treats, create work orders, print invoices and divide them according to areas. Then leave to go into field to check inventory. visit customers, call on potential customers.
Really learned a lot about spend vs revenue (P&L). Also learned a lot about management skills such as HR, Safety, Operations, Reporting, Payroll, Staffing, Training, Hiring, etc.
Workplace culture was in most parts good in the field until you needed actual help from corporate while being in a hands on situation. Just felt like chasing chickens with your hands tied behind your back.
Keeping employees on a positive trail.
Most enjoyable times winning new business, problem solving, and working on the frontline with a great team.
Pros
Great Products
Cons
No Support
Liked the work
Lead Frac Operator Type (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJuly 24, 2017
This was a job in the oil field that required long hours. and sometimes lots of hard labor when building pipe lines. Negative 40 degrees in the cold months makes it a hard job.
Pros
Cons
No time off . Ever
Great
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 19, 2017
Great company to work for. Great place to start and learn about the industry. If you're looking to learn and jump in to this industry, this is a great place to start.
Worker
Water transfer (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsville, PAJuly 18, 2017
The bosses let their job go to their heads. They didn't pay for the rooms but no per diem be gone for 2 weeks home for one day and back out. Some of the workers and bosses Let It Go to their heads I understand I was just starting and was learning I don't need to be rude to the new hires
Pros
Payed for rooms
Cons
No sleepy
No games at work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 10, 2017
The job requires you to be on call 24/7 and you work more hours straight than you should. I personally worked 36 hours straight numerous times, then go home and be back at work 4 hours later.
Pros
You can make good money
Cons
Not much family time
Good group of people to work with locally, but upper management was not interested in our issues.
Regional Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJuly 4, 2017
Internally, we developed a good, relaxed, productive group, but upper management was never really interested in our concerns, but rather much more interested in pushing their own agenda.
Pros
Comfortable working conditions
Cons
Intense pressure from upper management to meet unrealistic goals.
Very time oriented, Fast pace most times.
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 27, 2017
Time for jobs were always subjected to change, Something could always pop up at the last minute, I always learned something new everyday and was always working with my hands, lifting heavy equipment in the weather in hot or cold temperatures. A lot of driving to and from location.
Pros
Alot of Overtime
Cons
Long days
Stressful
Flowback Hand (Former Employee) –  Kenedy, TXJune 22, 2017
It was a alright place to work but the only thing was it take a lot of time away from family. Some of the employees there were great to work with then you had others not so great.
Bad place end to end
Laborer/operator/operations technician (Former Employee) –  Avella, PAJune 19, 2017
Bad commonly bad management bad pay the management don't care about you your problems your wants or needs or about you seeing your family or ever being home they want u to work yourself to death literally worked 56 straight 13 hour days and when asked for 1 day off to see my daughter graduate school I was told either be at work or find a new job this place is prime example of ignorance
Pros
Nothin
Cons
Every single aspect of the company people and work
it is an interesting place to start
Analyst, Finance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2017
typical day to work, I learned MS Dynamic, the company culture is not the best. company has a big turnover due to the business model and the fluctuation in oil and gas prices
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
gossip
Good compensate and benefits but poorly executed business
Technical Response Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 7, 2017
Rockwater is a relatively new company and is made up of several businesses purchased by an equity group with the intent to provide a full-service, turnkey oilfield service company. While working there, I found Rockwater to have many of the growing pains of a new company. I worked for the oilfield chemical sales side of Rockwater and we operated relatively separate from the other services except for manufacturing. There was a lot of disorganization in our division. My immediate supervisor was highly involved in developing products for other divisions such as the frac gels. The sales group was poorly managed and trained and often lacked sufficient support staff such as technical reps. Communication was poor at Rockwater and upper management was not intimately connected with what was going on in the field. The product line manager for the oilfield chemical side that I worked for did not have a sufficient knowledge of the products and much of that may not have been his fault. There simply was not sufficient transfer of knowledge from the company that Rockwater purchased to the new company and so there were a lot of gaps in the information pertaining to the products. The product line was inadequate for some lines such a Emulsion Breakers and there wasn't anyone in the company to improve on this. I was laid off during the downturn but a friend of mine remained for a while after. Eventually, he decided to leave because he was being asked to do a lot of the work the sales manager should have been doing but was not adequately qualified to do. The ideal of Rockwater to provide  more... many services to the oilfield under one company looked good on paper, but the execution of the vision lacked organization and the ability to integrate and this lead to a lot of confusion at times.  less
Pros
Excellent compensation at most levels and excellent benefits
Cons
Poor management and coordination, inefficient, lacking communication
Pretty good management
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Avella Highlands, PAMay 18, 2017
Never really had an issue just needed more money they supplied me a basic oilfield knowledge. Good way into the oilfield management was pretty cool. Some of the ppl weren't the greatest
Pros
Good management
Cons
Low pay scale
Good job
Operations tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 26, 2017
Good job but not good equipment to work with. Pumping water from the pit to location. Rigging up putting pumps. Laying down lay flat hoses. Good job to work for but not good enough pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwater Energy Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8