Rockwater Energy Solutions

Rockwater Energy Solutions Employee Reviews

Fracturing Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Tyler, TXMay 17, 2015
Great company to work for. It was great experience to work for this company. Would recommend to any friends. Great place.
Poor management
Operations Tech II (Former Employee), Avella, PAMay 15, 2015
Starting wage was one of the lowest in water transfer. You find out the night before if you work the next day so you can't plan anything in advance. There's no weekly schedules. I left because we were forced to work some 28 and 24 hour shifts. No consideration for the employee, employee is treated as a tool. If you have a good ops manager work would be descent.
Employment
Office Manager (Former Employee), Pleasanton, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: management, lies
management was very corrupt but fellow employees were amazing
they teach and teach and throw these "core values" that they work and live by each day (they as in senior leadership team in the corportate office) and they expect the field admin and managers to ensure all field employees are thinking the same thing but then when one of there own steals and steals and steals, those core values are gone and the manager is still employeed there...where are their core values now? very corrupt system and disappointing
Great Company
Accounts Payable Clerk/Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee), Houston TXApril 27, 2015
Awesome people to work with. I am proud of what our company stands for, safety.

Not many companies worry about their employees safety.
typical day
Yard hand (Former Employee), Williston NDApril 25, 2015
Pros: consistant work
Cons: sometimes there were no breaks and very short lunches
I would wake up at 5am to get ready for work. A typical day was 12 hours and it was a labor job. Mostly loaded trucks with frac sand, otherwise I would operate heavy equipment.
I learned quite a bit about the oil industry and how to use the machines on the yard.
My management wasn't around much they mostly sat around while the yardhands did the work.
The hardest part of my job was the long hours and shoveling sand, however the pay was worth it.
Great experience
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Odessa, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: good experience
Cons: favoritism
Rockwater was a very great place to work i learned so much there from the trucks always breaking down there is so much to learn from welding to patching tires.
what i didn't like was the favoritism almost all my co-workers worked together in previous shops so it sometimes created a tense work environment, so it was difficult to talk to management when another co worker wasn't getting along well.
Hardest part of the job was knowing that nobody's tools were exactly safe and parts were never stocked.
the most enjoyable part of the job was there was always so much work there was always something to do.
productive energy solution company
ops tech 3/ crew lead (Current Employee), Linden, PAApril 15, 2015
Pros: good wages, company truck
Cons: Long hours, out of town work
I work at a water transfer company with good co-workers and flexible management. A day at work consists of long hours which is the hardest part. Most enjoyable part of the job is rigging the job up. What I learned at my job is how to work well with others to get the job done.
Company positioning to sell. Employee wages continuously cut
Supervisor (Former Employee), UtahMarch 16, 2015
The corporate division of Rockwater is positioning the company to sell.
Extreme employee wage cuts have been being made for a couple years now in order to boost profits on paper. Many ways to prop-up short term net profit are being utilized.

Experience and dedication are being ignored and promotions are being given with sub-par pay increases in order to cut employees that were previously promoted on previous pay scales through years of hard work.
Proper PPE/Safety equipment, that is needed in order to complete jobs safely, is being rationed and often times withheld.
Employees are no longer compensated for work expenses such as company vehicle care as well as tool and safety equipment purchasing.
Rewards and incentives promised to employees by upper management, such as Cost of living increases, Holiday bonuses, Safety bonuses, BBQ's, and holiday events, are very rarely delivered upon.
The lack of willingness to hire people directly qualified and needed for certain positions, such as sales and customer relations, and firing of employees who were already in alignment to fill those needs, ultimately lost Rockwater many contracts, resulting in extreme employee cutbacks. More proof that Rockwater's upper management is disconnected from what is actually happening.

People who know their own worth, and are dedicated and hard working, are advised to look elsewhere for employment.

The company turned from a place you were proud to work for and rewarded for the hard work and dedication you put in, into a place where the bottom line is the only thing that matters; where the employee is not a name or a face, but a number and an expense; where long term dedication and loyalty is brushed aside for short term profit.
How could a company with such disregard for its employees ever hope to one day go public? You would think a leadership so coveted for knowing what the "boots on the ground" go through wouldn't allow this to go on... unless....
Nice people to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Duncan, OKMarch 10, 2015
Rockwater is a very employee friendly company. Manager very understanding if needing extra day off for personal reasons. I would work for them again.
It was a good place to work.......sometimes
Mechanic (Former Employee), Odessa, TXFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: all the hours you want
Cons: not everybody treated equally. lots of conflict of interest.
Typical day started off. Going to work orders to see what needed to be done. Boss would then delegate work to mechanics. I learned so much more than I learned at school. Learned to work on everything from bumper to bumper. Management didn't really know what was going on in the shop and showed a lot of favoritism. Co workers were treated depending on how much they sucked up or who they knew. Hardest part of job was being treated unfairly. It is a great place to work just everybody needs to be treated the same. Most enjoyable part was helping the truckers fix their truck and making them happy and occasionally learning something new along the way.
Learned about set up for water transfer to the gas and oil field pads
Tech 1 (Current Employee), Avella, PAJanuary 23, 2015
Safety is a high standard but not all tools are provided to do the job properly. Worked hand and hand with many third-party companies. As a female in the field many times the only female had to prove my ablitities more so then a male.
Has the potential, just not the leadership
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: you receive your pay bi-weekly
Cons: all of the above
Slave shop. Management has no idea what it is that you do or how many hours a day you put in as long as you fill their needs. You constantly feel that your job is in jeopardy. The only ones getting recognition or high praise are the individuals performing less work but more schmoozing.
Poor management
Lead/Frac Operator (Former Employee), Dickinson, NDJanuary 16, 2015
There was no set schedule or rotation. Promises of raises and advancement were used to extort employees into lead/supervisory positions without pay increases. Any problems reported were ignored. From branch manager level up through head of HR.
supply water to oil drilling rigs from natural water well
Water transfer/ Yard foreman (Former Employee), Kenedy, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Working at Rock Water was one of the best work experiences I have ever had. I have gained so my knowledge in management, safety and the daily labor of a job. A few things I did while working there was, forklift training, installation of fast line, and safety procedures. I also had the experience of running my own crew and also being in charge of a specific department.
The pay was great however no room for advancement. I peaked with this Company
Well Test Supervisor (Current Employee), Canonsburg, PADecember 19, 2014
I worked 12 hour days.
Constantly learned who the gas industry operated, how to test wells, how to experiment with Utica high pressure wells.
Management was alright, I liked all of my managers however they often lacked on support and needed tools in order for me to perform my job correctly. I really enjoyed my co-workers and made many life long friends here. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the communication problems between management our shop and our administrative staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with, meeting new people and the level of self achievement I got everyday after work. It was a challenging job and I enjoyed the challenge.
Customers have become hard to obtain due to the RockWater High margin of chemicla sales
Account Manager (Current Employee), Farmington, NMSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: i am emloyed
Cons: high margin it prevents customers from purchasing our products
Typial day at work is when I go to the field to field and deliver chemical, also try to make sales calls at the same time.
I learned the RockWater went back on their word when i was hired ad they said that they would hire me a driver and service tech. Thye have not. I am the only emloyee in Aztec, NM.
I have no co workers
Hardest part of the job is putting our high price chemcials on a treament recommendation for a proposal
the most enjoyable part is sericing my customers and also conducting field surevys to try and obatin new business
Go elsewhere !!!!!!!!!
Labor (Former Employee), Avella, PASeptember 2, 2014
Horrible company to work for. If you read the reviews you will see it in all areas from Texas to PA to the Dakotas it is all negative, they can and will work you into the ground and there is not even any form of gratitude in return. The pay scale is pathetic. Roughly 12.70 to start and a little over 17.00 once you become a supervisor and little to no increase from there. This is a fly by the seat of your pants company who just makes it by on a day to day basis. I spent almost 3 years with this company and had to get away. You will learn to like your co workers because those will be the only people you see. There is no balance it is either non stop work or in some areas there is no work at all. There are a hundred other companies that do the same thing and it would be my advice to go there. This place has gone stagnant and the retention rate, safety, management, pay scale, HR, benefits, equipment, can all be summed up in one word..... Terrible!

But if you enjoying the following than you should apply:

No time with your family.
Poor equipment that will break and then YOU have to answer to the customer why they can't operate.
Management is a buddy system with a obvious pick of favorites (those who stay local and do not work night shift).

Just my two cents.....
Come to learn, but dont come in as an experienced Operator
JR. Operator (Former Employee), Kenedy, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good pay when you get on a well
Cons: poor management, safety and company ethics
This company is a wreck morally and ethically. If you need to learn, expect to work for 4-8 mo. and then start looking elsewhere. Basically, get some experience and then leave them in the dirt where they belong.
good place to work
class A truck driver, heavy equipment operator (Former Employee), Elk City, OKJuly 30, 2014
my typical day at work, is waking up at 5 in the morning everyday, make sure I got everything I need to start the day. What I learn is pretty much what I explained in my duties of the job. I learn something new everyday. I get along with everyone at work, I make sure there is good communication with everyone, it makes the job a whole lot easier. The hardest part of the job would be traveling from one location to another, making sure everything gets done right also to make sure everything is secure while traveling and that everyone behind the wheel is well rested.
Horrible Management And No Contracts
Former Employee (Former Employee), Williston, NDJuly 29, 2014
Cons: everything
When I first started there was all the work in the world. The GM had quit and the company started to decline slowly. They want you to pay expensive rent only working 40 hrs a week. Getting to frac every 2 months or so. They have 20 miles of lay flat just sitting at the yard along with poly. So how are you making money???? There are a lot of drug users along with the GM and field operations managers. The HR department lets the druggies run the show. All of the good help has left. Only good contract they have going for them is Hess other than that they are horrible. Huge turn over rate biggest in Williston. Would not even recommend an unemployed person to get a job there. They need to bring people in who know how to run a business not A GOOD OL BOIS CLUB. An Fom got drugged by and escort and hr had to go rescue but he is the best employee. Nothing good about Williston. Also a lot of discrimination. HOUSTON NEEDS TO STEP IN ASAP BEFORE IT GETS WORSE.
HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM