Rockwater Energy Solutions Employee Reviews

This place is pathetic.
LEAD Frac Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 5, 2016
Working at Rockwater will give you a crash course at how brown-nosing will further your advancement. It really is terrible here. If you are not in the right "Clique" be ready to be thrown under the bus when a fall guy is needed. Management is about the most backstabbing group of people assembled anywhere. They don't even have respect for each other. The only upside to this place was the hours. Base pay wasn't that great, but you could easily get 70+ hours a week. If you don't have to, don't work here. Plenty of better operations out there.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Management, Management, and Management
Stay away from this company.
Water Transfer (Former Employee) –  Washington, PASeptember 3, 2016
One of the worst company's to work for. Pay is ridiculous low for this type of work. Management is terrible! Bunch of young cocky punks run the show. Stay far away, way better company's to work for. Go to school, get educated. I cant belive they pay such a low wage to work in the energy sector. No perdim for out of town work. Good luck in finding a good comoany to work for. Most water transfer company's are the same. Low wages long hours away from family. Its a dead end.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, long hours. Management sucks!!!
Good job terrible benefits and pay
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAMay 1, 2016
They have made so many cuts its suprising they are still a company. They toke a 10% pay cut, no more 401k matching, froze all promotions and raises, expect you to do a higher pay grade job with no raise. They also toke away passanger drive time which by the department of labor is illegal in most cases. So look forward to riding in a truck for 4 hours not paid. You will work 60 to 80 hours weeks then maybe 20 thenext couple. Usually half your paycheck will go to just health insurance.
Pros
easy work
Cons
benefits pay
Horrible management
Water Transfer Technician(laborer) (Former Employee) –  Avella, PASeptember 11, 2016
you have to sign an agreement that if you leave within one year they will deduct $500 from your paycheck! No schedule, no communication, your basically on call and you get 12hr notice of what job site they want you on. Then you have to contact your crew leader for the day who may or may not know what needs done. They will tell you what you want to hear because they need bodies, not one of the field guys had a positive thing to say about the company or management.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Management, communication, pay
Absolutely terrible...STAY AWAY!!!!
Operations Technician ll (Current Employee) –  Avella, PADecember 9, 2015
I dont even know where to begin with this company. Let's start off with this company is the lowest paying water transfer company in the business. Not only that they took 10% of our pay and we will never get that back, took our per dium away for when we stay out of town, took our matching 401k. You'll stay out of town in a run down pizza shop in Caldwell if that's where they decide to put you. You'll get to see your family maybe once every couple months if you're lucky. Raises are frozen and promotions are froze. In the past month there have been prolly 50 people quit from here. They will work you into the ground and step on you and laugh. They don't care about the people that make the company there money. Oh and don't forget you'll never get the right tools for the job and youll always be given run down equipment that will break while you're on site and then youll get blamed for it breaking and get fired. Just an absolutely terrible place to work for so please stay away if you're smart.
A thankless job
Operations Tech (Current Employee) –  Avella, PAOctober 19, 2015
It's a thankless job, where you may work 120 hours one week and 20 the next. The management is horrible. There is no organization. You may be asked to go out of town for months at a time with little to no notice at all. In my time there they eliminated our per diem for working out of town, cut pay 10%, eliminated 401k matching, and froze all raises, and promotions.

The only rewarding part of this job is the people who work there who will become like family to you, because you will not see your own anymore.
Cons
I miss working here but not the problems
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 23, 2016
I loved working here, but don't miss the problems. I wish they would care more about there employees and less about there pocket book. I understand we are here to making a profit, but have some compassion on these people you are laying off. We are all here to earn a living. The company is too top heavy, to many high paid managers with little crew to do the actual work.
When we had HR, she wasn't good at all - she was mostly water transfers buddies and that's about it. Pretty lazy also.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Higher ups don't care about you
Water transfer
WATER TRANSFER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day at work wasn't to bad unless you were on a rigging crew! When fracking there was a lot of down time. Management wasn't that great some were knowledgeable where some were not. I did however work with some pretty cool guys while in there. The hardest part of the job was being away from home for so long and not having a schedule. When you had a day off most of the time you would either find out the night before or the day of working and would usually only get that day or 2 if your were lucky
not good
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2016
very biased company - typical good ole boy setup - if you were not in the circle then your future wasn't very good - if you speak up for what is right they will destroy you
good
Frac Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 22, 2015
good room for advancement as long as your friends with the boss. very stress full job. good benefits though and i wouldn't mind you working their again.
Great team environment from management to boots on the ground.
Utah Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTNovember 28, 2013
Overall Rockwater is a good company and a good place to begin a career. Great for a stepping stone in forwarding a career but lacks opportunity for longevity.
Benefits are sub par to other companies for which I have worked and for the size of the company itself. Compensation was fair.

Executive management are very skilled and adept in teaching the financial side of the business but grossly lacking in understanding of the field side of the services they offer. This was a hindrance as they could not relate to challenges faced by Operations Managers.
Pros
Flexibility, company vehicle
Cons
Upper and executive management lack field skills of services offered
This place is a joke, especially with a cdl
Laborer/ driver (Current Employee) –  Avella, PAMay 14, 2013
I've been with the company for almost 4 years. This company has went from a decent company to a down righ nightmare. first they promote who the supervisors drink with. It doesn't matter if they ever even turned a pump on, they get promoted. Second the raise system is pathetic, the average an employee receives is 2-3 percent. The company expects an individual to go out of town away from their families for up to months on end mandatory and don't care. Your considered a number to them and replaceable. Most of the fleet of vehicles are not properly maintained. Management needs replaced from the top down with individuals that are experienced and educated, not a person in their 20s and who dropped out of high school to work here. I can't wait to get out of this place and constantly refer people to other company's.
Pros
None to speak of
Cons
Where to begin... Poor raises, poor benefits, poor management
Great company
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 23, 2015
Good job environment with great opportunities in advancement. They offer 401k matching and a great health insurance plan.
Employment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXMay 13, 2015
management was very corrupt but fellow employees were amazing
they teach and teach and throw these "core values" that they work and live by each day (they as in senior leadership team in the corportate office) and they expect the field admin and managers to ensure all field employees are thinking the same thing but then when one of there own steals and steals and steals, those core values are gone and the manager is still employeed there...where are their core values now? very corrupt system and disappointing
Pros
salary
Cons
management, lies
Lies lies lies
Water tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Dickinson , andApril 6, 2014
Was promised $23 an hour, so I quit my job and they hired me at $18, promised per diem and the re niged on that as well, half the staff didn't speak English and bragged they got raises because they were related or friends with Danato, our supervisor. Working 100 hours a week is fine with me, but 3 months straight was ridiculous , I can't speak for all of Rockwater but the Dickinson office has horrible management
Pros
Employment
Cons
False promises and 2-3 months without time off
Has the potential, just not the leadership
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Slave shop. Management has no idea what it is that you do or how many hours a day you put in as long as you fill their needs. You constantly feel that your job is in jeopardy. The only ones getting recognition or high praise are the individuals performing less work but more schmoozing.
Pros
You receive your pay bi-weekly
Cons
All of the above
Company has many spills and cease to exist soon.
Frac 2 operator (Current Employee) –  Grand junction, coNovember 6, 2012
Rockwater is a ok place just for a paycheck. Now that they are public they only care about the company. Spills are ignored and hidden and ppe is rarly supplied. Expect to spend a good amount out of pocket. If your very environment friendly you won't last long with the ethics of rockwater.
Pros
paid while driving, co workers
Cons
ethics, management, chances for advancement, must pay for all benefits, no schedule
Great Company with great benefits
HR Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 24, 2015
Great Company with great benefits, all managers were very supportive, plenty of opportunities for advancement and very team oriented. Relaxed atmosphere and numerous learning opportunities.
typical day
Yard hand (Former Employee) –  Williston NDApril 25, 2015
I would wake up at 5am to get ready for work. A typical day was 12 hours and it was a labor job. Mostly loaded trucks with frac sand, otherwise I would operate heavy equipment.
I learned quite a bit about the oil industry and how to use the machines on the yard.
My management wasn't around much they mostly sat around while the yardhands did the work.
The hardest part of my job was the long hours and shoveling sand, however the pay was worth it.
Pros
consistant work
Cons
sometimes there were no breaks and very short lunches
clueless managment, lack of promotion, thankless
tech (Former Employee) –  coloradoJune 27, 2014
Pros: hours if you want them
Cons: anything else you can think of

This company is terrible. Go Go go is fine, tons of hours and rough conditions are fine, hard labor is fine. But lack of ANY advancement, a culture that only promotes supervisors drinking buddies and constantly being forced to scramble on jobs that are a direct result of poor planning by middle and upper branch management are unacceptable. As far as I'm concerned, asking for 200% is fine if compensated for your effort, but with rockwater you never are. There are no tools, no equipment and NEVER enough hands. The turnover rate at this company is atrocious and management never learns from their past. I don't blame the branch for the hiring situation, i blame corporate for it. 10 people get hired, within a month were lucky to still have two remaining. Apalling.

The pay does not reflect the scope of responsibility for employees either. Almost any other oilfield job in this area pays better, and instead of following through on advancement opportunities and promises they string you along. It's always just a few days or a few jobs away and it never ends. Good hands leave and junk hands replace them. This company needs to increase retention with compensation.

Noone needs a pat on the back for doing their job, but they deserve the respect and validation of not being ripped up continually.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwater Energy Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7