Rockwell Automation Employee Reviews

Engineering Manager, Power Transmissions (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 13, 2017
Good place to work, flexible work hours. The industry is very competitive and every has to pitch in to improve the bottom line. Hardest part of job is meeting tight schedules, and the most enjoyable part is team events that foster team building
Many great people and suppliers
Buyer/Supplier Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 10, 2017
Overall my memories of Rockwell are positive. Most of the people I worked with across all functional areas were great, i.e., the engineers, the purchasing agents, supplier managers, commodity product managers, strategic sourcing managers, etc. In addition, many of the people who had been with the company for a long time were more than willing to mentor the "newbies!" I always found my coworkers to be helpful and friendly and the suppliers were almost always awesome...given the stresses they were under. Some of the hardest parts of the job were dealing with product quality issues when a line got shut down and our team would have to resolve that issue and get replacements parts...fast! I was able to learn a lot about purchasing in a large manufacturing environment and to top it off, I was able to earn my Green Belt in Lean manufacturing with the help of two great Black-Belts.

While one great aspect of working at Rockwell was being able to work with plants in different countries and learn different cultures, oftentimes, many days weren't that challenging and were spent mainly on spreadsheets moving product delivery dates in and out or resolving lost product or invoicing issues. I also didn't think there was a very good work/life balance. The people who seemed to climb the highest were the ones who seemed to spend many, many hours in the office and spend more time socializing with the managers outside of the office. I also found the environment quite political but, perhaps that's the culture in a very large company.

I have fond memories of several great managers and co-workers
  more... as well as memories of a couple not-so-great managers who had no business managing people...EVER! But, in the end, I will always look back on my years with Rockwell fondly.  less
Pros
Great People
Cons
Not great work/life balance
Outstanding company to work for
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHAugust 8, 2017
The best company that I have ever worked for. They have superb people and highly engaging roles to fill. They also have a fantastic workplace culture that allows you to grow and thrive.
Awful. Just awful. Avoid at all costs.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJuly 30, 2017
This is the last place you want to work. I didnt believe all the negative reviews, i worked here anyways. Bad mistake. Upper management is reckless and irresponsible. They work short hours while everyone else works 6 days a week. I feel that if the real company leaders knew what was going on in Twinsburg, then all of management would be replaced. There needs to be a union here. The treatment of and disregard for employees is so sickeningly unethical it makes my head spin. I will do my best to make sure no one i know accepts a job here.
Pros
A 401k
Cons
Eveything above
short term employment
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 23, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with. They had a very bad habit of hiring people for a project and then letting them go once the project was completed. They had a very bad reputation for retention of employees.
Pros
enjoyed the ork
Cons
did not retain people
Good work place
Equipment Driver (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 23, 2017
I like to work for Rockwell Automation because it good work place you can learn and have more experience to the different departments and you can improve your work.
Pros
some gift
Cons
n/a
good company
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJuly 22, 2017
Solid Company to work for. 12 hour shifts are brutal though. If working an off shift a shift differential is provided which helps. i would recommend this job as long as you dont mind being on your feet for 12 hours
It's ok
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 22, 2017
Rockwell is a nice place to work. Just do your job and go home mind you own business. Do you best to get the product out. Follow instructions get the work in a timely manner. Chase the highlights
Solid Company with a highly political environment
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJuly 21, 2017
Rockwell is the most customer focused company I have ever worked for and I was proud to be a part of this team. However, internally in the workplace it could often be quite the opposite. Rockwell is very diverse with different organizations and locations. Working atmospheres vary considerably.
Pros
They earn their solid reputation.
Cons
Politics are troublesome in many case.
Great place to work and learn
Corporate Finance Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 15, 2017
The company culture is inclusive,while they do have a high standard for the new hires, if you are not a quick learner and cannot contribute fast, it could be stressful.
Great balanced workplace
College Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 10, 2017
The company had great perks and working there was nice with a walking indoor track, multiple food shops inside, and a gym with a personal trainer. The managers are all helpful in making sure you have all that you need and the culture is nice and including.
Pros
gym, indoor walking track, flexible schedule ability
Engineering Tech
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
I worked for Rockwell Automation as a technician in the local solution center (VFD) in Houston, TX from 2012 to 2015. Honestly the best organization I've ever been employed by. Outstanding organizational culture, employee incentives and benefits. Work was easy-going, even though some orders had extremely quick turnovers. Great leader in management. ISA professionals. Great place to work. I plan on going back after I graduate.
Pros
Outstanding organizational culture, employee incentives and benefits
Cons
Relaxed and great place to be employed
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJune 26, 2017
This is not just a job for me but will be a career for me, which is why I re-enrolled back in school to advance in my career at Rockwell. We have great employees, most work well together, and the opportunity to grow.
Conflicting priorities and no time for life
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 23, 2017
Been with RA for over 10 years. Average work week is in excess of 60hrs. Rarely have time to go to lunch or take the vacation time that I have coming. Even so - there is more work than can get completed in the time frame. Many of the people or good, hard working and helpful - so that is a plus. Job security is very much in doubt. Model is changing favoring outsourcing over in-house staff.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
constant conflicting priorities
One of the worst companies to work for.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJune 16, 2017
I'd be so tired from waking up so early in the morning that I would have to play on my phone to stay awake because the supervisor was so boring, but we knew that we had to sit and listen to him. I learned that some companies really don't care about their employees because that is an extremely stressful job. Management was so so because in the past four years or so there had been five different supervisors going for that spot. They never gave any incentive for good attendance or good behavior. The hardiest part of the job was working with ignorant co-workers who would form groups like they were still in high school. The most enjoyable part about that job was when I could work on the line by my self because I could get my work done and not have to worry about someone else messing something up that could possibly get me in trouble with them.
Pros
You actually got to leave at the end of the shift.
Cons
The company was really un-ethical.
Great place to work. They treat employees well and the culture is frienndly and helpful.
Electro Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 14, 2017
They treat contractors well and they have a culture of helping each other. Management is professional, helpful, ethical an genuinely care about the employees, even contractors. I have never gained ore friends that I still keep in contact with than at Rockwell Automation.
Pros
Great onsite amenties, great management, great people and a productive environment.
Great company
Risk / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 14, 2017
Rockwell Automation supports their employees and gives many educational and professional opportunities. Rockwell is a employee centered company that allows for advancement
I hated my time there.
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJune 12, 2017
Cons:
I was given different expectations and goals than other people in the same role.
It took weeks for other people to get my development environment set up and it seemed that the time delay was considered my fault.
I helped bring another person up to speed in 2 days and got no credit for it.
I was given insufficient hardware tools to use.
I was given incomplete training on the hardware tools I was to use.
I was located at the other end of the building from my team.
Communication within our team was mostly electronic.

Pros:
For me it was a short commute.
I was able to suggest ways to abstract out some of the issues. These abstractions were sometimes taken as good.
Above average perks.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, WIJune 11, 2017
Rockwell doesn't pay as much as the other production companies, but the one thing that i liked best is it's basically clean and they have air conditioning.
Pros
Christmas parties, they have a fund to help needy employees.
Decent Place
Data Center / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJune 4, 2017
The company is pretty good. I am a contractor that is very difficult to work with. I would rather be hired by Rockwell Automation directly. I think I would enjoy my job more that way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwell Automation. Our community is ready to answer.