Rockwell Automation Employee Reviews

Career advancement
Systems Analyst/Billing Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 16, 2016
Rockwell Automation is a great place to work that gives you career advancement but still having work life balance. You have the ability to grow in your career of choice
Great, flexible management
Software Co-op (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 14, 2016
- Fortunate to have worked with a good group of people throughout my years.
- Management is always flexible about things when it comes to work/life balance.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Lack of age diversity
Good company to work for
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 8, 2016
Great company to work for. Company had some recent org changes, which caused some confusion between the managers. Overall great company awesome Engineers in training program.
Process Oriented - Short term vision
IT Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 3, 2016
Tactical and reactive. Excellent people. Limited talent retention tools. Job Security high, low rotation. Head quarters in Milwaukee. Working to develop an inclusion culture
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Talent retention
No Typical Days
Senior Field Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 31, 2016
There is not a typical day at Rockwell Automation in Field Engineering. The project that you are assigned changes your day. I could spend weeks creating software to control an industrial process or I could be starting up variable speed drives to control either AC or DC drives.
Pros
Never bored
Cons
Travel
n/a
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 30, 2016
Rockwell Automation is a good, professional organization that treats their employees fairly.

As a large company there are many opportunities to further your career.

On the downside,the company is large and therefore it takes a long time to make decisions than in a small company.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2016
Not high opinion management and leadership was lacking. Dont have a strong opinion otherwise and would not recommend to my friends.
Rockwell Automation provided a great opportunity to
Role- SAP Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 23, 2016
Rockwell Automation implemented SAP from Scratch and a typical day involved working with Business users to Gather requirements for existing Role Changes, or build new roles. There was a project Go-Live every 3 to 6 months. Production support duties included, working on ITSM ticketing queue, resolving defects in Quality Center.

All SAP Modules were implemented at one go at Rockwell, this gave us an opportunity to understand every module in SAP. B.W was replaced by BI, creating reporting users and roles in a New System was a challenge by itself, which in turn made it a good learning experience as well.

Co-Workers were very helpful, all of us worked together as a team, each member of the team was responsible for working with a specific Business Stream, this helped with Segregation of duties.

Hardest part of the Job was working with International end users to resolve an issue. Most of the users did not speak English and communicating with them was difficult.

Most enjoyable part of the job was team outings, Work from home option on bad weather days and helpful and understanding Manager.
Pros
Discounted Movie Tickets
Cons
Bad Weather
Good company and culture
Product Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 19, 2016
Rockwell is an industrial automation and controls company. The work includes working with customers and hardware technology.

The culture is based on work location. The people are great.
MCC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2016
Basically , I did the same thing at Rockwell that I am now currently doing at Siemens : motor control center configuration . That position gradually migrated into an outside sales function , whereas I am more suited to the engineering role .
Pros
Good benefits, good product recognition for quality in the electrical world .
Cons
Limited distribution, very formal political culture, lots of micro management .
Overall, Rockwell Automation is a good place to work.
Business Director (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 3, 2016

As a large company there are many opportunities to further your career.

Pros
Stable company
Cons
Large company that reacts slowly
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 26, 2016
Rockwell has the best benefits of any company I have worked at. This is regarding medical and fringe benefits. The work is easy and the people are easy to get along with
Pros
they pay for your steel toe boots
Cons
Pay could be better
Learning and Growing enviorment
Manufacturing/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJuly 18, 2016
Learned a lot in manufacturing assembling and production work. i also used my forklift experience to material handle.
Everything sucks!
Material Handler/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJuly 18, 2016
Everything about this company sucks. The management sucks, the paying sucks, and lazy workers! First shift are the worse workers, but yet everything gets blamed on second and third shift if they don't finish an order or messed up on a drive. They hire lazy workers and let go of the people who actually wants to work. A lot of cry babies and snitchers in this company. A lot of testers and other employees left this place to work at GE because people who works at Rockwell are getting under paid and thats FACTS. 20 cents yearly raise? What kind of bull is that? Some people barely get a 20 cent raise. One material handler on second shift picking parts for 3 departments?! When asked the supervisor and product manager to hire another material handler to help out on second shift, they're answer was, "we can't, we're trying to save money." How are you a multi-billionaire company who is under paying your workers and "supposedly" can't afford to hire another material handler? Saving money my a**, this company is money greedy. Busting your butt off 10 hours every day and all they do is buy pizzas or donuts for the employees to eat after the busy season is over with. WE DON'T WANT YOUR FOOD, GIVE US A BONUS CHECK! One frame 1-7 cost about $5000-$10,000 easily! We push out thousands of drives out every week. The whole Rockwell system is just messed up period.
Pros
Good benefits and gaining your experience for new workers.
Cons
Short breaks, a lot of cry babies and snitchers, and managememt sucks.
Fun job
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 13, 2016
the most enjoyable part of my business development position is understanding and discovering their pain points and delivering a solution.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
execution
Fast pace environment
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, WIJune 30, 2016
A typical day as a shipping associate, creating shipments for orders for all over the world. Loading and unloading incoming and out going products using powered lifts, and pallet jacks. Taking calls from UPS reps about orders going out. Making sure all shipments where closed out at the end of everyday. Always communicating with the supervisor/coordinator about shipping errors to be corrected. I worked 2nd shift, and worked independently, was the end of day employee responsible for all duties to be done with before leaving at the end of day. The most enjoyable part was knowing I finished all my work in a ethical and efficient manner.
Pros
working independently
Cons
never knowing the work load until I went to work for the day.
A solid strong company
Product Manager - Low Voltage AC Drives (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee WisconsinJune 17, 2016
Rockwell knows who it is and where it fits into the global marketplace. There is a fierce motivation for personal promotion, company growth and product marketshare which can be diffifult to manage at times.
Stable workplace with few issues
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 15, 2016
management constantly changed but I was happy to have a permanent job. Not a real happy place to work. No air conditioning bad snacks in snack machine
Pros
gift cards for high production
Cons
inconsistent payroll issues
Fun place to work
EXT_ Engineer, ETO Synergy (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 2, 2016
I learned a lot of interesting things while working in the ETO/Synergies Area here at Rockwell. The people I met while at the Milwaukee location are fantastic. I appreciate everyone's willingness to help me when I needed help.
Pros
On site cafeteria, convenience store, gym.
Cons
Couldn't attain a full-time position.
Company moving to Mexico
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Munster, INMay 23, 2016
Company maybe moving out of the US and might be moving to Mexico. The people I work with are great and I wish things wouldn't change. I have been with this company 17 years.