Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews

Challenging and rewarding work
Sr Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Company provides more than adequate training for your individual job. Support between sites (for your job title) for questions and assistance is excellent. Management doesn't always pass on pertinent Corporate news in a timely manner.
Pros
Benefits (medical, approx 15 days per yr of paid Holiday), 9/80 work schedule, great co-workers
Cons
Sr Leadershp often makes decisions without fully understanding the impact to the site, Some sites are unique in their products and blanket coporate policies don't always work
An easy going place that sometimes require extra work.
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 14, 2017
I was in the Melbourne Fl location. Good mobility to other departments, good mobility upwards (they usually hire from inside the factory).

Shift work, with 90% of shifts during normal daytime working hours. Sometimes work load requires (volunteer) work on Saturday, very rarely Sundays.

Work 9 hours/day with every other Friday off.
Pros
Mobility, laid back atmosphere
Cons
Workday starts at 6:00 am for most
a variety of experiences
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 10, 2017
Rockwell is a very big company and offers a variety of experiences...
There is good and bad management at Rockwell. Overall it is a good company with great people. Sometimes talent is not appropriately recognized, and sometimes the ability to spin a situation wins kudos. I have seen attempts to awe the listener rather than communicating the information clearly. And I have also seen long time employees very appropriately appreciated by their long time managers.
Projects can be challenging, especially when the information you need is not available and everyone is too busy. But there was someone who worked with me to get what I needed.
Pros
Flexible hours, team spirit
Cons
Information accessibility, management politics
Great place to work as they value a strong work-life balance
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 27, 2017
The environment is a conducive to building strong relationships and networks. Given the status of the company in the community it is both a good and great place to work as the organization gives back millions of dollars each year to noble causes. With great opportunities to volunteer or lead events that are important to you.
Learned a lot but processes are a nightmare
Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORDecember 5, 2016
Great products and good employees and local management. Insane level of processes with a lot of repetition and poor data management. Upper management is not very aware of what all needs to be fixed and when they do know the process to change the process is ridiculously long. I didn't see anything change the entire time I worked their.
Pros
Good hours, great coworkers and local management
Cons
Company leadership is very slow to get anything done.
Great company to work for
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 31, 2017
Rockwell Collins has a long history of building trust and working together. The company culture is the main drive to keep people working and develop careers and skills.
We all shared the common understanding of thinking big, taking actions, and helping each other succeed. Also deliver superior value and to attract talents.
Larger corporate landscape than before
PRODUCT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 6, 2017
Coming from a company of 2000 to now a company of over 20000 is a very big change. New people from a totally different part of the country now controlling our daily work lives has been a change.
Pros
Much more detailed job descriptions
Cons
Our health care has become much more cumbersome and expensive
Free to do my job
SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 30, 2016
I am able to come into work, do my job, assist where needed and then go home.

I work well with my co-workers when I need or when they need me. Its a very diverse group.

My job is always a learning experience as it is so dynamic in its nature, so this is not only the hardest part, but also the most enjoyable.
Pros
Pays the bills
Cons
No room for advancement, pay scale is subject to interpretation instead of your work.
On the cusp of advanced technology
Sr. Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 16, 2016
Typical days are fast paced with demanding schedules. Little to no tool training create employee hardship. Employees are highly skilled, personable, and embrace teamwork. Site managers refusal to communicate honest forecasts and continued blame of upper management created atmosphere of gross mistrust of job security. Enjoyed accountability without micromanagement.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
Deceptive "building trust everyday" slogan does not apply to employees
Hardworking, enthusiastic team player with extensive experience in a manufacturing environment .
Inventory Planning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 14, 2016
Focused on keeping first pass fill rate in the high ninetieth percentile while at the same time trying to reduce unwanted inventory dollars. Coordinated with buyer and production control to manage material flow in accordance with production and customer needs. Also to determine resources necessary to meet production schedules, determine progress of work, and completion dates. Worked with customers POC in regards to production schedule and meeting commitment dates.
SAP Security GRC
Sr. SAP Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Collins, IAFebruary 2, 2017
Great Experience working with this client learn new thing working with team,: Rockwell Collins, Inc. is an American multinational company headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa providing avionics and information technology systems and services to governmental agencies and aircraft manufacturers.
A good workplace to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  400 Collins Rd, NEJanuary 30, 2017
* Typical day at work
Punch in go to morning meetings where assignments are passed out. grab your tools go to job site conduct repairs and fabricate as needed.
*Management
I had a good working relationship with management. I did anything they asked. I'm a great self starter and followed instructors well.
*Workplace culture
Rockwell has a good workplace culture where people respect one another and have a lot of teamwork
*The hardest part of the job
Sometimes planning had obstacles that were a challenge to overcome on larger projects
*The most enjoyable part of the job
Working with good people on jobs that I like to do and there was a larger variety if things to do, never boring
*What I learned
I learned several new trades while working at Rockwell: masonry, tinner and HVAC
Pros
clean working environment, good hours of work, great people to work with
Cons
job security, healthcare
great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 3, 2017
The people that I worked with helped me in any way I needed to be there wasn't any gossip around the warehouse and everyone did there job and maintained a positive attitude when they came to work and very nice when it came to doctor appointments and meetings the communication was great
Pay and Benefits are the only reason to work here.
Utility Custodian (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 7, 2016
This company used to be a great place to work until they became top heavy in upper management. The company makes cuts in staffing due to gross over-spending on image rather than updating the most important aspect of the business, production.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Cut-throat mentality of the managerial staff
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 27, 2016
Working at Rockwell Collins is a great place to work. This company offers comparable benefits and opportunity to advance within. Rockwell Collins has a very family like work environment. They are very involved with the community and do everything they can to help their employees be successful in their careers and personal life.
Pros
A company that does what they say they will do
Cons
Healthcare
A solid company with excellent compensation and benefits
Program Manager, APQP Implementation (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 9, 2016
Rockwell Collins is a very solid company that primarily does business in the aerospace and defense industry. The people that work there are top-notch, and the compensation is excellent, particularly in the geographic location of their home base.
Pros
Compensation, paid time-off, co-worker expertise
Fast paced, you get your own desk
Certified Operator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 23, 2017
Great place to work if you enjoy high workloads
management could use some work
you know what is expected daily
the hardest part of the job is keeping your eye on the prize
very mentally draining job not physically demanding
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
not a lot of job security
Great Place to Be
Certified Operator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 9, 2017
Overall a very good company to work for. Within the field they are industry leading and within the area they are by far the number one employer. Getting in the door can be difficult but proving oneself once there is the ultimate key to success.
Nice company to work for
Principal Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 16, 2017
Expectations are very high. Most opportunities are at headquarters or flow through headquarters. Work hours can be heavy depending on your aspirations. More minorities and women in leadership would be beneficial to the company.
Great environment and diverse group.
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, OROctober 18, 2016
Rockwell has been a great company to work for with benefits that balance personal life and work life. There is a diverse culture here with people who have experience or knowledge in multiple areas and is utilized to everyone's advantage.
Pros
Alternate off Fridays, benefits, flexible hours for personal needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwell Collins. Our community is ready to answer.