Rockwell Collins

Rockwell Collins Employer Reviews

Develop software for navigation radios.
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 21, 2014
Great place to work.
Good people.
Very aggressive schedules.
Great place to work and grow!
SMT Staging/Materials Handler (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 15, 2014
A busy day of work with friendly co-workers and involved managers. Tons of room to grow and lots to learn. Decent benefits and fair salary. The growth of the company shows sign of good business and economic growth.
Decent Company
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 15, 2014
Software development experience in design, verification and integration at a top avionics company.
Only Temp to Hire - Will Not Hire
Shipping Coordinator / Intake Processor (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 7, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: micro-management with no direction.
Company does not invest anything in their temps that start on the docks. Training is minimal at best. Myself and 3 other people were terminated one month before temporary contract was to expire.
Best place to work...if you are willing to live in Iowa
Hardware Design Engineer (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 6, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: its in iowa
Amazing company
Nice place to work,
Good opportunities
Opportunities to learn
MEH
Rockwell Collins Head Up Displays (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORMarch 4, 2014
Pros: see below
Cons: see below
I worked at Rockwell Collins as a contractor for less than a year

Pros – They have some nice folks and a great facility.

Cons – During my 6 months with Rockwell Collins, I encountered the following:

- poor overall software development
- poor grammar
- poor documentation
- poor requirements writing

I spent 4 years and 9 months at a competing Aerospace – more... company prior to my Rockwell Collins contract-to-hire position and I had nothing to learn but bad habits.

Advice to Senior Management – Honor your contract-to-HIRE agreements. Do not string along engineering talent because one of your accountants forgot to carry the 1. – less
Good place fun people
Carlsbad, Ca Senior Test Technician EMPLOYED (Former Employee), carlsbad,caMarch 3, 2014
Pros: friday donuts of bagels
Cons: big company with all the things that come with that
Lots of opportunity for learning and advancement.Beautiful views from the breakroom area.
Great company vision.
Anonymous (Current Employee), Wilsonville, ORFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: job securtiy, paid time off, and compensation
Cons: poor work/life balance, unethical management does not seem to get reprimanded for behaviors after many complaints to hr.
I like what the new CEO is bringing to the organization. This company has a great future ahead of it. However, it is great if you want your life to be your job and not with your family. Too much unpaid overtime is expected from middle management.
Production Specialist (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: last few years seemed to be pushed harder
All of my different bosses were for the most part very company ofiented
Worst place I have ever worked.
Inventory Planning Specialist (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 30, 2014
I ran reports and queries. The culture in the building I worked in was very cold and unwelcoming. My manager had too much time on his hands and micro managed the people in his group. The hardest part was getting through the day everyday.
Very fast pace working environment
Osp/Isp Technician (Current Employee), AfghanistanJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free meals at dining facilities on base
Cons: 12 hour shifts 6 days a week
We went straight to work early in the morning no breaks till lunch worked well with others in my crew, all prior military so had lots in common. The hardest part was adjusting to the time you worked sometimes we would work days, and some weeks we would work nights depending on the Marines schedule we would have to work around them. The best part of – more... the Job was finishing it ahead of schedule. – less
Good Job - very demanding
Buyer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: continual downsizing and concern or job security
Expectations of 55 to 60 hours a week on salary based on 40 hour work week. Very demand in expediting. Little negotiations and other buyer skills. Unable to use my education and expertise in this position. Co-workers and direction management wonderful. Upper management disconnected and continual reduction in force.
Good Company
Certified Operator (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 7, 2014
Private/Gov't Manufacturing company. Easy schedule, good training programs, room for promotions, some overtime,nice benefit package.
Great Place to work... Filled with comitted intelligent people
Simulation Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: excellent working environment
Cons: steep learning curve on some new projects
Rockwell Collins is one of the most laid back companies to work for. Dont let the atmoshere fool you though, for as much fun as we have at work we are very comitted to meeting the customers goals.

I joined this company right out of school. I was immediately put to work on some very high end projects. There was a considerable learning curve when I first – more... started as an engineer but in time I got the hang of it. You must keep your skills up to date, which goes without saying ...especially here.

My coworkers are some of the most brilliant people that I have worked with. They are as innovative as they are fun to work with. They are also willing to teach you anything that you want to learn which is the most enjoyable part of the job.

I think anyone joining the ranks will find a wonderful and accepting environment which is geared to allow them to grow – less
Good Benefits and Opportunities
Sr. Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 2, 2014
Cons: slow to change and adapt
Solid place to work, with good benefits and career advancement opportunities. Paid tuition is a great benefit to help advance your career and expand your skills.
Industry leader in demanding fields
Project Engineer / Control Account Manager (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IANovember 18, 2013
Rockwell Collins is an industry leader in avionics equipment and is a trusted supplier of these products.
Productive and fun place to work.
Buyer (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 18, 2013
Fast paced environment where an energetic multi-tasker can thrive. Always something to do and learn.
Very Productive and fast paced
Sr Service Center Coord (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 14, 2013
Pros: overall work enviorment
Cons: too small
Loved the place and the people. Tough at first, smooth sailing after.
Assembly Worker, Top Level
Assembly Worker (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 13, 2013
Pros: 9/80 work week. off every other friday and all weekends.
Cons: losing healthcare
I build radios for aircrafts. It's a lot of fun and competetive. I have zero defects which is excellent with no customer returns.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rockwell Collins

Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the design, production and support of innovative solutions for our customers in aerospace and – Read more

Rockwell Collins Photos