Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews in United States

Great work environment
Certified Military Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAMay 2, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Co-workers within department worked as a team to accomplish high quality repairs efficiently. Moral was always good.
Large Company
Senior Procurement Agent - Lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR and Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2016
Large company made it difficult to get things done in a timely manner. I enjoyed my time with Rockwell. The people I worked with were fantastic.
Pros
9/80 work week
Company is hanging on
Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 15, 2016
This company has made too many cuts to save on expenses. They are working on getting more contracts but the cuts have put undue stress on the employees
Has potential to be a great place to work.
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Test Engineering (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 14, 2016
Unfortunately micro management and negative culture from Rockwell Collins' headquarters in Iowa creates a work environment that is counterproductive and difficult to work in.
moderate
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 7, 2016
Ok, not much on the designside. manufacturing centric, lots of differnt bosses to report to. heavy chart generating. FAA paperwork
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Cons
contact
Very supportive team
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 5, 2016
Great working conditions and supportive team. Management it's really helpful with ensuring that junior personnel succeeds.
Fantastic Place to Work
Sr. Engineering Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 29, 2016
Culture is hard to accept at times but overall great place to be!
Must be highly educated (Masters Degree to hold management position)
Happy There
Manager, FOS Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2016
I was happy at Rockwell Collins and was disappointed to leave when I had to move away. I felt that most of the management valued my opinions. I appreciated the diversity of the organization very much.
Great place to work with great people to work with.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2016
Learned people skills, network admin entry level skills. Some times work is slow and at other times hectic.IT department throws some great and fun get together.
Customer Account Specialist
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 25, 2016
Fast paced work environment,
Family oriented
very helpful coworkers and management to make sure succeed in position
Worked as a team
great place to work and learn
Test Operator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 24, 2016
A set pace, with a daily goal to reach everyday. A fun but professional atmosphere. Always an opportunity to learn and grow. Management always has an open door with good communication. The hardest part of my job I would have to say is nothing the processes that we have are made to make it a easy flowing as far as the build side maybe the part shortage from time to time but other than that the trouble shooting on the test side of things might get a little difficult at times as well. The most enjoyable part of my job I would say is the feeling that I am making a difference whether it be improving quality or the flow of a process but the sense of achievement you get especially when you hear live feed back from customers and upper management.
Pros
the benefits over all
Cons
Don't really see any
Enjoyable experience
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 14, 2016
Quality Inspection Team is knowledgeable and professional. The area is tight but new ideas for more room are coming in daily. The 'ballooning' program for capturing the information required by the 3 forms of AS9102 is different from any I've previously worked with. However there are pros and cons there as well. The Manager of my area is as easy going as it gets. Runs a tight ship and therefore things get done, and done correctly. The 'team' could use a few hours of professional courtesy 101 but on the whole I've enjoyed the opportunity.
Pros
easy atmosphere
Cons
Not opening a position for full-time in this area
fun place to work,nice co-workers
Certified Operator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 28, 2016
learning experience ,fun workplace,learn how to solder parts.very competitive manufacturing factory,learn how to read value.
Pros
every other friday off
Cons
short break, health care
Dynamic Team Adapting to Every Day Priorities
Product Manager/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAFebruary 19, 2016
During my 17 years of service at Rockwell Collins, I am always an advocate for change is good, but for as often as they revolved my direct leadership was hindering our progress and guidance of company goals.
Pros
Exceptional benefits and compensation
Cons
Continued change in direct Leadership, introduced grey area of how to accomplish enterprise goals and meeting leaderships expectations
Engineering Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 18, 2016
This company really is great. They work hard to make sure their employees are appreciated. They have a good work life balance and the benefits are some of the best I have seen.
Pros
Work life balane
Cons
A lot or reorganizations
Typical Big Company
Customer Service Engineer/ Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 17, 2016
The Benefits were great, but the management and bureaucracy left things stagnant and feeling like things would never change for the better. In my position there wasn't much opportunity to advance as the leadership was very entrenched. The Hardest part of the job was answering phone calls with no support documentation and no one to even teach you how to troubleshoot the equipment. no manuals or if they were there they were very limited.
Pros
Shift work differential
Cons
no advancement and no proper training.
works with family needs
Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  Decorah, IAFebruary 14, 2016
All around good place to work. Air conditioned, clean, friendly and works with family needs. Flex work times and vacation. Promotes worker participation and advise.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Can't think of any/.
Review Summary
System Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 10, 2016
Give us your opinion about

a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part
Stable company
Principal Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 9, 2016
Very good opportunity as younger employee with potential for growth and learning. Business leader in Avionics and Defense Aerospace.
Inventory Planner (Former Employee) –  Melbourne FLFebruary 5, 2016
Great place to work, I enjoyed my time there. Wish I was still there. I hope to find a place as nice to work at in the very near future