Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews in United States

No two days are the same
Lab Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 12, 2016
A typical day stats with emails, meetings, briefings, and training. I love the small team of coworkers , we get along and work together everyday. Hardest part of the job is making people understand it is not up to me on whether they can have new equipment or not. Most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of the lab and interacting with the engineers.
Pros
It's an excellent company to work for
Cons
Limited over time in my position
Decent company overall. Good ol boys club environment and work inefficiency gets old though
Electrical Enginner (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 1, 2016
Decent place to work. Work life balance is up to the individual. People there are generally pretty nice. Occasionally you run in the "big fish in a small pond" person which is common in cities in the Midwest. Advancement isn't always the greatest because of the Good ol Boys Club mentality there. Management can be overbearing at times. There seems to be many extra layers of management which can get pretty inefficient when trying to accomplish simple things. Pays well however you earned it by dealing with a lot of fluff which can be stressful at times. This type of environment is common amount places that have government involvement. Regulation, paperwork galore! Overall it's still a good place to work.
fai inspector
First Article Inspector- . Knowledge of AS9102 (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 1, 2016
Rockwell Collins is a company who strives for change and adaptation, which creates an environment of inclusion and the ability to feel like part of a team. The focus on diversity and bringing uniqueness to the group makes Rockwell stand above its competition as "the place to work!" I had only been there a few years and have found it welcoming and an inviting place where my ideas are heard.
Some managers do not appreciate there employees. Some administrative assistants should be dedicated to there work area and no other area.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 9, 2016
Not much to say about this company. Not good!
Some buildings have better people to work with than others. Women in upper management are always competing with the male managers. It's not a very fair company for people of color.
A company in the death spiral
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 20, 2016
A company stuck in the 1950's - word and deed do not match and they are driven and controlled from the top and the top is completely disconnected from the reality of what is going on in the organization.
Pros
People in the heart of the organization are good people, who are trying to do the right thing in spite of senior leadership and the culture
Cons
Management, the culture (command and control) - no real desire to change
great place to work and learn
Test Operator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 24, 2016
A set pace, with a daily goal to reach everyday. A fun but professional atmosphere. Always an opportunity to learn and grow. Management always has an open door with good communication. The hardest part of my job I would have to say is nothing the processes that we have are made to make it a easy flowing as far as the build side maybe the part shortage from time to time but other than that the trouble shooting on the test side of things might get a little difficult at times as well. The most enjoyable part of my job I would say is the feeling that I am making a difference whether it be improving quality or the flow of a process but the sense of achievement you get especially when you hear live feed back from customers and upper management.
Pros
the benefits over all
Cons
Don't really see any
Enjoyable experience
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 14, 2016
Quality Inspection Team is knowledgeable and professional. The area is tight but new ideas for more room are coming in daily. The 'ballooning' program for capturing the information required by the 3 forms of AS9102 is different from any I've previously worked with. However there are pros and cons there as well. The Manager of my area is as easy going as it gets. Runs a tight ship and therefore things get done, and done correctly. The 'team' could use a few hours of professional courtesy 101 but on the whole I've enjoyed the opportunity.
Pros
easy atmosphere
Cons
Not opening a position for full-time in this area
Dynamic Team Adapting to Every Day Priorities
Product Manager/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAFebruary 19, 2016
During my 17 years of service at Rockwell Collins, I am always an advocate for change is good, but for as often as they revolved my direct leadership was hindering our progress and guidance of company goals.
Pros
Exceptional benefits and compensation
Cons
Continued change in direct Leadership, introduced grey area of how to accomplish enterprise goals and meeting leaderships expectations
Typical Big Company
Customer Service Engineer/ Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 17, 2016
The Benefits were great, but the management and bureaucracy left things stagnant and feeling like things would never change for the better. In my position there wasn't much opportunity to advance as the leadership was very entrenched. The Hardest part of the job was answering phone calls with no support documentation and no one to even teach you how to troubleshoot the equipment. no manuals or if they were there they were very limited.
Pros
Shift work differential
Cons
no advancement and no proper training.
Steady Employement
Principal Software Architect (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 4, 2016
A good place to find stable employment. A great place to be if avionics and aviation are your passion.

Management is weak and ineffective. Lots of good people to work with, that are often unable to effect the changes that they need to.
Electrical Engineer II who loves his job!
Electrical Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 28, 2016
I love what I do working for Rockwell Collins. It's the kind of job only hoped to get while in school. Management is great, they have my back and care about my career track.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
pay
Was a great place to work prior to buyout
Sr. Financial Analyst/Controller/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 17, 2016
Previous company was a small family oriented organization that grew and learned together. Rockwell Collins bought the company and divided the organization.
Rockwel is a world class organization. Very determined and focused team
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Very challenging work environment. Managed Boeing, Cessna, Parker, and Sikorsky Customer's and ensured Site Quality objectives were met and ensured ongoing Customer satisfaction and positive relationships. Customer Centric focus. Learned Lead Auditor role for for AS9100 / ISO9001 re-certification . Outstanding co-works and team environment.
Has potential to be a great place to work.
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Test Engineering (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 14, 2016
Unfortunately micro management and negative culture from Rockwell Collins' headquarters in Iowa creates a work environment that is counterproductive and difficult to work in.
Technician/ Deployable Power Rep (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 28, 2016
This company had the perfect balance when it came to pay, vacation, work hours, and having a life. This company also care about its employees.
Pros
everything
Cons
no cons
Great company to work fro. Awesome work ethics.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, IAMay 10, 2016
Fun place to work at many good people there. Management is very involved in employee success and well -being in work place. Great pay and good benefits
Fast Paced and Dynamic Company
Installations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed working for Rockwell Collins, Inc. The benefits and compensation were awesome and the support team was phenomenal.
Happy There
Manager, FOS Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2016
I was happy at Rockwell Collins and was disappointed to leave when I had to move away. I felt that most of the management valued my opinions. I appreciated the diversity of the organization very much.
Great work environment
Certified Military Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAMay 2, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Co-workers within department worked as a team to accomplish high quality repairs efficiently. Moral was always good.
Great overall place to work
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 19, 2016
Great company to work for, but training is very limited and this can lead to self efficacy issues for many different employees. Work load is often very high and this can be stressful, but management is usually reasonable.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Little or no training