Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews

Good Company with good people but a little bland
Systems Engineer Co-op (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 24, 2017
Great place to work with and further your career. The only downside that I could point out is that it isn't the most fun place to work at. Most people I know come in and try to put in their 8 hours for the day and clock out. Nothing wrong with that, but they just come in to work and not get to know each other. There are those few exceptions, but not too many. Overall good company but the company culture could improve a bit.
Pros
Good 401k plan, dining centers
Cons
Company doesn't pay for coffee
Good
Engineering Co-op (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 24, 2017
Rockwell is a competitive and exciting place to work, I cant think of any better place to recommend for a company that is caring of all types and backgrounds of employee.s
Great Company, Bad Job
College Software Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 23, 2017
It was a great Engineering Firm to work for. I loved the people I worked with and the company environment. I however did not enjoy the work that I did.
Pros
High Pay, Great employee, Good benifits
Cons
Stuck in a lab all day, working on software.
Giant Company with lots to offer.
SENIOR SOFTWARE TEST/VERIFICATION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 21, 2017
A big company Rockwell offered great training programs and a fun working environment. Also a great opportunity to work with Government and Aviation industry to come up with creative solutions.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 21, 2017
All around work from cleaning to provide high of customers service in a renowned organization where I can use my professional experience as an dishwasher
Corporate America
Sr. Business Integration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 20, 2017
Not much different than other corporate jobs. Business side of the organization make far less than those in IT. Politics like any company. who you know is very important.
B/E Aerospace is Great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJune 16, 2017
Prior to the acquisition B/E Aerospace was a great place to work. They offered great benefits and work balance. The management team was liked and most employees had long tenure at the company.
Pros
Work Balance
Cons
Company acquired
Great Place to work
Software Librarian/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 15, 2017
Great place to work, plenty of chances for advancement, good pay, nice environment, great cafeteria, gym and daycare. Nice people, great benefits very large place to work. Managers were great and accommodating. Great for balancing work and family. Great vacation and sick days.
Pros
Cons
None that I can think of
Great company to work for.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 15, 2017
Great company to work for. Wonderful employee and company culture. Ping pong table and company events make going to work fun and enjoyable. Leader in aerospace industry.
Official response from Rockwell Collins
June 16, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you enjoy coming to work every day!

great
Sr. Engineering Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 15, 2017
Managed requirements of high revenue 500k commercial accounts
Submitted customs clearance as per the specifications of SLA's
Analyzed service issues and implemented PIP to improve (KPI)
Studious of export/import compliance regulations
Productive workplace
Electrical Assembler, Electrical Tester (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 14, 2017
The site that I worked at focused on interior and exterior lights for aircraft. A typical day would start at 6 A.M and production would be building the lights. Doing anything from soldering, crimping and assembly of the housing. I began my work there with a good understanding of most electrical components but I struggled to read blueprints. Now after being with the company for over a year I can say I am very well off when a blueprint is placed in front of me and I am told to recreate that product. I enjoy this job very much because I worked in a cell that has several different products coming through so it was never the same thing day after day. I would never get bored of my job because there was always something new to do and learn and there was a great work environment as well. Management and Engineering would work with me to solve issues related to the lights when those issues would arise. Of course no job is perfect and there were issues that could be improved but everyone would work their hardest to satisfy the customer and get product out the door.
Pros
Company parties, overtime occasionally
Cons
Too much overtime, coworkers that felt like they deserved more for the work they do
nice place to learn
Mech assembler (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 12, 2017
they give you lots of training. very fast paced. pretty good benefits. work 9 hour days but get every other Friday off. they have lots of different jobs from test to assembly.
Pros
Every other Friday off
Cons
fast pace
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJune 12, 2017
Rockwell Collins is a big company handling several different software products related to aerospace, railroads, airport and networking. It builds navigation systems and have about 23,000 employees. It has offices even outside the United States of America.
Pros
aerospace
Cons
Worked there- wouldn't recommend to potential job seekers
Certified Technician Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 12, 2017
The hardest part of the job was lack of communication,
Poor Management/Training
Constantly running out of parts
Routine Daily Schedule, but the
Workplace is relaxed
Company often provided lunch and for the most part Co-workers were friendly and helpful
Great People
Sr. EPA (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 7, 2017
New mgmt is taking over at the site I was located. Procedures and processes are inherently different and the new mgmt style doesnt seem to be working well. It will take some time for the new style to take hold, but until then, there will be lots of internal fighting while the new regime takes over.
Benefits and insurance are great.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 5, 2017
Rockwell Collins in Winston Salem offers a very safe and clean work environment. The hours are good but long during the fall and winter months. The long hours are compensated through much overtime.
A lot of learning opportunities.
Certified operator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 3, 2017
Rockwell is a very strong and supportive company to work for. I had a big emergency earlier this year and my boss and Rockwell both understood and worked with me. Rockwell Collins takes care of their employees.
Pros
Flexible with shifts
Cons
Having to get info through the grapevine
Great Company to work for.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 1, 2017
Enjoyed working for this company.
They were excellent at training their employees to accomplish each task with a level of excellence.
I really appreciated their high concern for the quality of their products.
Good
Sr. System Engineer/Project/Avionics (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 1, 2017
it is a great company to work for. I like it very much. Only very much stress. it is hard to balance family life and work. It should be more open to flex time
good place to work for, management buy lunch
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 31, 2017
one of the things i liked best about this job is that as a technician one gets a lot of interaction with engineering, quality and management. its a great thing to learn from people more experience that you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwell Collins. Our community is ready to answer.