Rockwell Collins

Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews

RC Review
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 12, 2015
Good company. Good benefits. It's in a family friendly town.
They have nice buildings. They take care of their employees. A typical day at work consists of sitting at a computer.
A company that is technically broad and deep with a culture that is diverse and innovative.
TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Global opportunities
Cons: Unpaid overtime is expected
This company offers a broad range of opportunities to satisfy any technical appetite in the aviation electronics realm. This is a great place to learn and grow. Many of the retiring employees began as co-op students.
Good Place
Configuration Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 6, 2015
Rockwell Collins is a good place to work for. The managers are fair and there is a good atmosphere with the employees. I recommend it.
Productive and great place to work.
Avionics Test Operator (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 6, 2015
Rockwell Collins is a great place to work with many opportunities for career growth. Company offers 100% education reimbursement and the staff from top level to entry all works as a team to accomplish goals. I enjoy coming into work everyday and feel very confident that the furthering of my education will allow me to move up within the company rankings.
worked there for 15 years
ENGINEERING FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids IowaJune 5, 2015
I enjoyed my co workers and working with airplanes. The hardest part of the job was leaving after 15 years. I would work there again.
Tough culture to break into.
Production Manager (Current Employee), Coralville, IAJune 3, 2015
The union is behind the times and expects everything. Upper management does not want to fix problems. they just want to keep the union happy. Which puts front line supervisors in a bad position.
If you're not in Cedar Rapids you're not anywhere
Sr. Accounting/Financial Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJune 2, 2015
I am sure overall Rockwell Collins is a nice place to work however I was in a remote location that translated to "stepchild".
Interesting Place to Work
Android Developer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 29, 2015
Good place to work. Management policies and IT technology a bit dated but that's changing. Bureaucracy can be a bit overwhelming but starting to see the culture shift toward being more nimble.Lots of really good, intelligent people
Very fast moving place, always new technology being introduced.
Network Administrator - Level II Tech (Current Employee), Palm Bay, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: Almost everything about this job.
Cons: Pay!
Daily tasks include receiving and shipping out stock, whether that it is for things I have ordered out or if I am shipping out equipment.

Monitoring and maintaining tickets that come in throughout the day from thousands of customers with issues from software issues to hardware issues.

Training three others that are here at this time, while teaching them on how the process work and maintaining the tickets.

Documenting all work and keeping accurate and up to date fixes on issues that are going on.

Troubleshooting issues that customers are having with hardware and software.

Maintaining a full stockroom and ordering out things that are needed on a daily basis.

Co-workers as of now are three other green horns that are in the process of being trained. I am also acting as the management of this site for these guys as well as help offsite techs with troubleshooting issues (California, Oregon, Washington D.C).

The hardest part of the day would be when I am looking for answers and the closest boss that is near me is located in Cedar Rapids, IA.

Have to really say that I love my entire work day and also the fact that there is always something new that is put on the table for us to figure out and the person to person interaction.
fun place to work for
Service Center Coordinator (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORMay 18, 2015
Pros: good place to work for
Cons: they tend to overhire
I was left alone to do my job, I didn't have anyone looking over my shoulder on everything I did. Was able to get the department back within policy standards and I had the full support of management.
Great company to work for.
Senior Engineering Project Asst. (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 3, 2015
Rockwell is a great company with a fantastic reputation.

‚ÄčOur Value Proposition for People is our overall strategy to achieve our "talented and motivated people" goal - a key component of the Rockwell Collins Vision Roadmap.
Four broad initiatives make up our Value Proposition for People:
Diversity & Inclusion - Values and respects differences in our workplace. We strive to recruit, retain and develop talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and builds a stronger company.
Talent Management - Integrates how we acquire, evaluate, reward and develop our people.
Leadership Development - Encourages and supports the development of more and more capable leaders. The programs and tools are tailored to meet the needs of individual contributors, entry-level, mid- and executive-level leaders.
Total Rewards - Provides us with competitive levels overall of compensation and benefits while focusing on elements of differentiation that are valued to attract, motivate and retain in the most cost-effective way.
Great employer ... not perfect, but really, really good
Principal Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: most stable and secure work environment i have seen (anywhere). good work / life balance.
Cons: dwindling benefits, lack of consistency from department to department, division to division.
I have worked for Rockwell Collins for most of my career. The only reason I do not rate them all "5"s is due to inconsistency in management style and employee performance expectations across the company. In all fairness, this is a problem with all large companies I hasve interfaced with throughout my career.

Bottom line: how many people do you know who have worked for the same employer for most of 30 years AND has very little bad to say about them? Give them a try!
Ok to work.
Certified copper infrastructure installer (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free gym, work enviroment ok
Cons: no or little pay raises. hard to advance
Has times when busy others slow. Management ok but willing to work with you. Co workers good to work with. Pulling cable thru ceilings trying to redo infrastructure
Good Benefits, plenty of chances for advancement if you work in its core industry
Manager (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 2, 2015
Awesome Benefits, etc
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, work/life balance
Cons: culture, people stuck in their old ways
They pay, benefits and work/life balance at Rockwell are awesome. The only gripe I would have is with some of the older people there and the culture they sometimes represent. There can be a lot of resistance to change and people stuck in their ways that seems outdated.
Great career start and company
Cyber Security Engineer (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: not enough food in the breakroom...lol
I love them. Great benefits, great knowledge and amazing Work/Life balance. This company helped me leverage my current IT skills and allow me to become the best IT specialist possible.
Good People / Bad Culture
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Tustin, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: interesting, intelligent people, interesting projects
Cons: poor management structure and axioms
Lots of really good, intelligent people.
Poor management structure and axioms.
Poor PDM system and organizational workflow.
Rockwell collins
Admin (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 3, 2015
At Rockwell my main job was to open up all the parts and material that got ship in and give the to the recieving people to recieve the parts in the management there was good but they really didn't tell what's going on for your job I loved working with my co-workers.
Fast paced, engineering focused company with specialties in Avionics, Displays, Telecommunications and Radar technologies.
SR. SUPPLY CHAIN STRATEGY MANAGER (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: freedom to make decisions that would highly impact our end customers.
Cons: having to rely on so many different levels of sign offs before anything can happen.
A typical day consists of supplier relationship development, negotiations, analyzing data, scrubbing data. I currently co-lead an enterprise-wide project that is driving to improve material flow while reducing costs. I deal with people everyday in Quality, Logistics, Manufacturing, Procurement, Enterprise Sourcing and a handful of major suppliers in the mechanical commodity.
Great place to work and feel important
Sr. Engineering Project Assistant (Current Employee), Wilsonville, ORFebruary 2, 2015
I have always enjoyed my time working at Rockwell Collins. They have great benefits and are very accommodating to peoples hectic schedules.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rockwell Collins

Forbes recently named Rockwell Collins to its 2015 America’s Best Employers list! Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the – Read more

Rockwell Collins Salaries