Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews

Most of the company operations moved to Iowa (headquaarters) and some in Houston, TX.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 26, 2017
I started working for this company, prior to the company being purchased by Rockwell. Entire operation moved to headquarters in Iowa and several positions in Texas. Only a skeleton crew remains in Charlottesville. Small office, I really enjoyed my employment there when it was Computing Technologies of Aviation (CTA). My position
was eliminated, before it was a nice place to work, and it was part-time.
Pros
Part-time
Cons
Not much work some days
Not what it once was
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 24, 2017
Rockwell Collins is generally a good company but they do not value the people in the regional locations as much as they do those in headquarters. The culture has really eroded over the years as there was a time it mattered how you achieved your goals. Now it doesn't seem to matter and the people that get the work done on a daily basis are the ones that suffer.
Competitive work environment
Senior Buying Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 23, 2017
Excellent company, culture and leadership in the M&S organization very demanding and constantly changing. However, the role is very rewarding and the employees are world class.
Satisfactory and Personal summary
Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAMay 20, 2017
Good culture, Good Benefits, Good Systems

Personal Summary:
Working at Transportation engineering systems.
Coordinate tasks and decisions between hardware, assay team and assist on core project team.
Coordinate with Software Engineers to prepare Software Design Input Requirements Specification.
Currently participating in skills enhancements courses.
Military development environment
Sr Avionics Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 17, 2017
Very interesting and enjoyable work at RC. Opportunities to work on a variety of projects, depending on you interests.

Local management was consistent but low key and easy to work with. On the software side, it is an Agile environment and focused on DoD (ex-NASA) design and confirmation process.

I worked as a contractor but understand from regular employees that engineering positions offer a salary competitive in the area.
Good company
Senior customer account coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 11, 2017
Rockwell Collins is a good company with great opportunities to move to other areas. It has a good group of people that work to meet customer and company needs.
Good company
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 11, 2017
I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time (More than 6 years) .
Flexible timings
good worklife balance
less work pressure
Get an opportunity
Pros
It is good because of the flexible work hours and great workplace culture
Cons
Performance Rating / Rewards and Recognition structure is not Good
I decline to offer a review.
Top Level Assembler (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 10, 2017
I have no desire to offer a review for current or past employers. I am on this website to find a job, not to offer commentary, positive or negative, on past employers. I find this requirement distasteful.
Great Place to Work
Electronics Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, IAMay 9, 2017
The best job I ever had. I should have never left. Great work culture, management was very easy to work with. They give great benefits and pay was very fair.
Bad weather. Great labs and equipment.
Sr. Test Engineer (Contract Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 6, 2017
The work in Cedar Rapids is fun and high tech. The experience that you gain is very marketable and they have almost anything in their labs that you could ask for. The work is very rewarding.

Cedar Rapids is one of the most boring places that I have ever lived and the weather is some of the coldest in the nation. When you get off work, there is nothing at all to do and it is way to cold and snowy in the winter to do anything outside. Summers are wonderful, but the local food is the most bland that I have ever had. Overall, not a great place to live.

Some of the managers are great and a little less than half really suck. I've seen great people worked to the breaking point without any compensation for very long weekends of work. Other managers have more reasonable expectations and maintain a good life/work balance. So on the interview, ask to talk with coworkers and get the real feedback before you hire in.
Pros
High tech work with great equipment
Cons
Some managers are good and some suck. Select wisely.
Production and quality driven
Certified operator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue iaMay 2, 2017
Good place to work. Can be drama filled at times, but over all a good job. Competitive benefits and pay. More flexible hours would be nice. Management can show favorites at times
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Drama filled
Nice enviroment
Sr. Contracts Coordinator - Government Systems (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 2, 2017
I enjoyed the people, the gym, the push for healthy and happy employees. Rockwell really cares about how their employees feel and offer plenty of resources.
I wouldnt suggest it
assembler (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 25, 2017
A typical day at Rockwell is very stressful. There is always a push and very little reward. Promotions are hard to come by if you are not in the right network, and so are raises.
Pros
Paid holiday during Christmas and New Year
Cons
Favoritism, no personal growth, minimal raises
Solid Employer to Work For
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 25, 2017
Good company to work for. Company is good at interacting with employees to find out what changes can be made to improve work environment for all. A well based and solid employer in the defense industry.
facility announced to be closed day we were acquired.
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 24, 2017
I was with B/E Aerospace and when they were acquired by Rockwell Collins we were notified the first day that our facility would be shut down. I understand it was a business decision, but it is hard to understand and accept.
Awesome pay and opportunity but very corporate
Finance and Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 24, 2017
If you like big corporate workplaces than this is for you. Lots of room for advancement and the compensation is terrific. However, you are a small fish in a very very big pond.
Cedar Rapids, IA Located
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 20, 2017
Rockwell has its headquarters in Cedar Rapids, IA. They do have other sites in Irvine, CA, Wilsonville, OR, Sterling, VA, Richardson, TX, and Melbourne, FL. However there are few opportunities for growth in any of the locations outside of Iowa.
Pros
Management typically is very flexible and understanding
Great Company to work for
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92614April 16, 2017
1. Stay out of politics and focused.
2. Communicate Effectively.
3. Together Everyone Achieves More.
4. Think Logically.
5. Very much appreciate those that are helpful in a team environment.
6. Interact, Interact, Interact.
Benefits
Cons
Unexpected Lay Off's
Great Compensation, Slow Advancement
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 14, 2017
Salary Compensation is above market average for Engineering positions
Small Company Environment

Advancement opportunities are limited in Richardson, TX
Paid Vacation is low, takes 10 years to earn more vacation hours.
Pros
Salary Compensation is above market average for Engineering positions
Cons
Paid Vacation benefits are limited as it takes 10 years to earn more vacation hours.
Great job
ANALYST IV (LEAD) - TEST ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDApril 12, 2017
I actually liked the job overall, it was great. My experience was positive

The company as a whole is great. I would recommend and would probably work there again if I could. I had a great team and it was the first professional job I ever had. Glad for the experience as I learned a lot.

Not much else to say. I would highly recommend working there.
Pros
Cons
My last boss was awful due to her inexperience. But that was an isolated example

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwell Collins. Our community is ready to answer.