ROCKWELL Employee Reviews

No New things to learn and work culture is too bad
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Collins, CAAugust 7, 2016
Company need to be improved compare to other companies. Work culture is too bad, some teams managers do micro management. Main thing company uses all outdated software. Major thing is you can manage work life balance very well here.Not good for contractors. Best Company for full timers.
good work environment
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 24, 2016
Smart people and nice location in Thousand Oaks, CA. Because working on government contract your job can go away when the contract ends. Pay is competitive
best place I've ever worked
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTJuly 11, 2016
Excellent upper management. advancement highly encouraged. I learned more about not only composites, but also business in my 5 years hear then in my previous 15 years of work experiance.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 29, 2016
Dispatch for Low Voltage services throughout the Bay Area and Sacramento.

Typical day in the office consists of emails and/or phone calls for job opportunities, re-routing of technicians, and good music to get me through the work day!

I've learned different terminology that is used in the tech industry, negotiation of job pricing, and have geographic knowledge of Northern California.

In the 3 years I've managed the office for Rockwell Services, Inc., I've had a team of dispatchers whom I trained to provide outstanding customer service skills, complete daily data entry, generate work orders, and clear, concise communication between technicians and clients.

The office staff and technicians are an eccentric group of individuals whom work great together!

The most difficult part of my job is re-coordinating a set schedule. This leads to cancelled/rescheduled jobs and/or angry clients.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working and building strong working relationships with our clients and overcoming obstacles. It is a rewarding feeling when we we're able to fulfill clients' requests.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Family Business Environment, Paid Sick/Vacation
Benefits
Great environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAFebruary 16, 2016
At this time was a owned by Builder Services and they were wonderful in communicating leads and goals for me. It was a positive situation. This company was purchased at end of 5 years by previous family that had sold it.
Pros
leadership
Cons
Great company to work for.
Asia Pacific Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Westmont, Bolingbrook, and Woodridge IllinoisFebruary 27, 2016
Rockwell/Goss has been a great company to work for. Management has always provided a professional and enjoyable environment for the employees to work in.
Residential COUNSELOR
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mooresville ncSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at my jobs have it's up and down. Sometimes days are better than other's, it is unpredictable of what your day will be. Due to different behaviors with the client's. I learn to be very aggressive and stern, when dealing with children if you are to passive then they will try to control the situation. The hardest part of the job is making sure that the client's are complying with all rules. My co-workers are all team-players. I enjoy my job, because I like to see at the end of my shift that everything was done as directed by manager.
did not work there
Administrative and Support Services (Former Employee) –  NowhereFebruary 23, 2016
Did not work there. Mistake. never employed there. These is no Rockwell Plant in Marion, Ohio, Never worked there.
Know nothing about this company
Productive workplace
Duties as Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 23, 2016
Great place to work! Benefits and salary were in line with manufacturing real world. It was a great experience all around.
Pros
Advancement and salary
Rockwell rocks!
Order Mgmt Rep (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 13, 2015
If I could have worked at Rockwell for many years to come, I'd have been happy. I was a contractor and did not have enough work to do, so my contract was terminated, but Rockwell is a great place to work. They treat their employees very well, are involved in community activities and have ample opportunities to grow.
Pros
Free summer exercise classes
Cons
Not enough work in my position
Not Bad
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, PAJanuary 25, 2016
A good place to work. They will definitely work with you on scheduling. Some career advancement offered. All departments like to work together
good, fun job
Drafter II (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMay 2, 2015
I produced design drawings for construction of wood- and metal-cutting electrical stationary power tools using AutoCAD software. These drawings ranged from preliminary layouts to assembly drawings and isometric parts manual diagrams.

I compiled engineering change (ECRs) requests and engineering change notices (ECNs) to effect changes to both manufactured and purchased parts for these units, usually at production team members’ requests. The last major project that I worked on there was on the Value Analysis Program. It attempted to “re-think” part design on existing units, to improve functionality and yet lower standard costs.
Exciting work.
Reliability engineer (Former Employee) –  Downey, CA (Los Angeles area)May 19, 2015
I learned how aerospace co. operated with federal government.
I contributed my share of solutions to technical problems. On one particular occasion, I was able to solve a technical problem experienced by rockets engines with statistical analysis I learned in MBA program related to economics.
Pros
Worked with competent managers and engineers.
Cons
Long way to work (one hour).
Very good place to work
Test Engineer Tech Level 3/Contract (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJune 15, 2015
I was on contact while working there and it was one of the better places I've worked while doing contract work.
Was given a task to complete and once done then advised supervisor.
I enjoyed working there the for the year of my contract.
Pros
As long as you worked your 8 hours you were never late
Cons
Was unable to get placed perminate
Great company to work for....
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 23, 2014
Rockwell has a very good mgmt. team and works well with their employees. They have been known for a employee driven company for benefits, culture, work/life balance and job security. It has only been in the last few years that they have been sending clerical jobs overseas which does make me sad.

I loved working for this company and my friends that are still there still like the company even with all of the shifting of company jobs and benefits.

Still a very competitive company.
Pros
company is still employee driven for importance
Cons
the shift of jobs to overseas recently
Rockwell was an excellent place to work.
Various positions - Please see Resume (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center & Cape Canaveral, FloridaFebruary 4, 2012
I enjoyed working for Rockwell. During my years their, I was very involved in the Booster Club, Donate Once, various committees,and took management courses that were offered. For about 20 years, I worked for a company that cared about their employees. Their benefits were great, they had a great 401K, and management and the employees were very family oriented.
Pros
christmas parties for employee's children, holiday party for employees
Cons
preferential treatment
What a Great Company
Hanford Patrolman (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJanuary 8, 2015
Rockwell treated Patrol like kings. Being a protective force they let us have whatever we needed. The patrolmen worked and protected each other ( insuring that we did the job and stayed out of trouble). Training was intense and on going. Managers were great and caring.
Pros
Everything about the job
Cons
Some of the public didn't like patrol.
Learn while you work!
Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 26, 2014
Verify assets match your test requirements. Monitor computer running test. Do engineering homework between fire checks on other labs.
Pros
3rd shift allows the most freedom to be productive.
Cons
Union shops limits one's productivity
yearly picnic for employees
Water Tester (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ARApril 20, 2015
testing faucets for leaks, assisting other employees with their work load when needed, picking up trash, sweeping floors making sure work area was clean
Great New gym, state Of The art tooling
Tube-bender / Metal fitter (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 23, 2013
I ran a tube bending machine, put on wiggins fittings, tested parts in mock ups,set up machines.
Pros
Great machine tubing shop, ac building
Cons
Not Much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ROCKWELL. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3