ROCKWELL Employee Reviews

solid engineering employment
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 19, 2017
As a quality professional, not a lot of respect is given to design quality assurance as a profession at this company. Quality is seen as a 'tax' on engineering design and development and not as an asset which has the potential to use lean concepts to reduce design and development roadblocks and increase quality outcomes while reducing overall schedule and costs. The design assurance organization is led by managers who have never completed any ASQ training or similar and have never been quality professionals - this really hurts the organization in my opinion.
There is a lot of re-use and applicable aviation standards which can limit prospects for new technology development at this company so the work will be interesting or not depending upon where you work and on which programs.
Pros
good salary, ok benefits, stable employment
Cons
not enough respect for quality, lip service is not enough
Awesome Management
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYNovember 17, 2017
When I worked at the Rockwell Museum it was an amazing and wonderful experience. Working with the children and the different outreach programs gave me a new experience and outlook on life.
Sr QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 6, 2017
Rockwell is a great place to work. I love the company and the culture. People are excellent, the work isn't always cutting edge, but it's good. They take care of their people very well.
not available
Cook (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKOctober 31, 2017
I do not wish to review Rockwell at this time I do not feel that my opinion is relevant at this time as I have not been employed there for quite some time and do not feel my experience would reflect the current state of the restaurant.
plant closed
Door Assembly (Former Employee) –  Knox, INOctober 5, 2017
I only worked at Rockwell for a short time. I was not satisfied with the way we were made to lift patio doors and move them about. It was not safe because of the extreme weight for only 2 associates.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Low pay, unsafe work environment
Challenging and a friendly workplace.
Front Desk Officer (Former Employee) –  Ortigas, Metro Manila, PhilippinesJuly 19, 2017
Working with Rockwell is very challenging in a way that as front desk officer I face a lot of people with their different needs. I also do reports, filling of documents, attending to other things, like assisting/helping my co-workers and preparing/handling events. Working with the team is very fun and enjoyable because everyone is friendly.
Fu n
Prep Cook/Dishwasher/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKFebruary 21, 2017
Great food great people to work with and great teachers bad owner worked well will my personal life learned how to cook no really hard part about the job
Pros
Free lunches great boss
Cons
Bas owner
good work environment
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 24, 2016
Smart people and nice location in Thousand Oaks, CA. Because working on government contract your job can go away when the contract ends. Pay is competitive
Productive and Fun Work Place
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 29, 2016
Dispatch for Low Voltage services throughout the Bay Area and Sacramento.

Typical day in the office consists of emails and/or phone calls for job opportunities, re-routing of technicians, and good music to get me through the work day!

I've learned different terminology that is used in the tech industry, negotiation of job pricing, and have geographic knowledge of Northern California.

In the 3 years I've managed the office for Rockwell Services, Inc., I've had a team of dispatchers whom I trained to provide outstanding customer service skills, complete daily data entry, generate work orders, and clear, concise communication between technicians and clients.

The office staff and technicians are an eccentric group of individuals whom work great together!

The most difficult part of my job is re-coordinating a set schedule. This leads to cancelled/rescheduled jobs and/or angry clients.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working and building strong working relationships with our clients and overcoming obstacles. It is a rewarding feeling when we we're able to fulfill clients' requests.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Family Business Environment, Paid Sick/Vacation
Benefits
No New things to learn and work culture is too bad
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Collins, CAAugust 7, 2016
Company need to be improved compare to other companies. Work culture is too bad, some teams managers do micro management. Main thing company uses all outdated software. Major thing is you can manage work life balance very well here.Not good for contractors. Best Company for full timers.
best place I've ever worked
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTJuly 11, 2016
Excellent upper management. advancement highly encouraged. I learned more about not only composites, but also business in my 5 years hear then in my previous 15 years of work experiance.
Great company to work for.
Asia Pacific Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Westmont, Bolingbrook, and Woodridge IllinoisFebruary 27, 2016
Rockwell/Goss has been a great company to work for. Management has always provided a professional and enjoyable environment for the employees to work in.
did not work there
Administrative and Support Services (Former Employee) –  NowhereFebruary 23, 2016
Did not work there. Mistake. never employed there. These is no Rockwell Plant in Marion, Ohio, Never worked there.
Know nothing about this company
Great environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAFebruary 16, 2016
At this time was a owned by Builder Services and they were wonderful in communicating leads and goals for me. It was a positive situation. This company was purchased at end of 5 years by previous family that had sold it.
Pros
leadership
Not Bad
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, PAJanuary 25, 2016
A good place to work. They will definitely work with you on scheduling. Some career advancement offered. All departments like to work together
Productive workplace
Duties as Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 23, 2016
Great place to work! Benefits and salary were in line with manufacturing real world. It was a great experience all around.
Pros
Advancement and salary
Residential COUNSELOR
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mooresville ncSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at my jobs have it's up and down. Sometimes days are better than other's, it is unpredictable of what your day will be. Due to different behaviors with the client's. I learn to be very aggressive and stern, when dealing with children if you are to passive then they will try to control the situation. The hardest part of the job is making sure that the client's are complying with all rules. My co-workers are all team-players. I enjoy my job, because I like to see at the end of my shift that everything was done as directed by manager.
Rockwell rocks!
Order Mgmt Rep (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 13, 2015
If I could have worked at Rockwell for many years to come, I'd have been happy. I was a contractor and did not have enough work to do, so my contract was terminated, but Rockwell is a great place to work. They treat their employees very well, are involved in community activities and have ample opportunities to grow.
Pros
Free summer exercise classes
Cons
Not enough work in my position
Very good place to work
Test Engineer Tech Level 3/Contract (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJune 15, 2015
I was on contact while working there and it was one of the better places I've worked while doing contract work.
Was given a task to complete and once done then advised supervisor.
I enjoyed working there the for the year of my contract.
Pros
As long as you worked your 8 hours you were never late
Cons
Was unable to get placed perminate
Exciting work.
Reliability engineer (Former Employee) –  Downey, CA (Los Angeles area)May 19, 2015
I learned how aerospace co. operated with federal government.
I contributed my share of solutions to technical problems. On one particular occasion, I was able to solve a technical problem experienced by rockets engines with statistical analysis I learned in MBA program related to economics.
Pros
Worked with competent managers and engineers.
Cons
Long way to work (one hour).