Rockwood Clinic Employee Reviews

Horrible towards employees
Medical receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 13, 2017
Worked at Rockwood for maybe 7-8 months. I watched 3 receptionist get hired and fired within their first 3 weeks. Was treated poorly by admin. We were always short staffed, the specific clinic i worked we were supposed to have 6 receptionist but only had two making the job overwhelmingly stressful with little to know reorganization or appreciation. I would never work for Rockwood again.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
everything else
Do not apply here!!!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Urgent CareApril 1, 2017
First of all if you care at all about patients do not apply. This company cares only about the bottom line. They encourage providers to charge patients for unnecessary tests. When the patient can't pay they make little to no effort to contact them and instead send them to collections. High turn over, inconsistent management, poor wages, unfair treatment of employees, poor benefits, supervisors and management lack skills, knowledge and integrity.

I resigned to work for an organization that actually cares.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Great Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 20, 2016
The training was outstanding. The culture and mindset of Rockwood, is to take care of employees, because happy employees make for happy patients. So enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Training, Working with professional co-workers
good place to work
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WADecember 11, 2016
Awesome staff and management. Very close to home . everyone was nice and friendly . even though it was a short time of being employed I felt welcome .
Pros
free lunch paid overtime
Very unstable Managment and Administration
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Downtown SpokaneDecember 3, 2016
Enjoyed my job and coworkers initially. Unfortunately quality patient health care and job performance limited by ineffective management in recent years. Led me to a better position with a nonprofit facility. High employee turn over rate increased substantially over the past 2 years and lacks quality experienced staff to mentor new staff. Pay and benefits below average in Spokane.
Pros
Easy to obtain a job
Cons
Job advancement by favoritism is practiced
Bad Culture
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 29, 2016
I love my job and a lot of the people I work with but management/leadership is lacking severely. No one seems to care about the mission or vision of the organization. There is no team atmosphere and the office is very cliquey,
Pros
Providers are great, free lunches from time to time
Cons
no breaks, no leadership, discouraging atmosphere
Physical Therapy
PT Aide (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA 99202November 22, 2016
I worked in the PT department as an Aide or Tech. The manager was not professional when around employees unless the director was around. She was very inappropriate and never talked about anything except drinking as if she was trying to be everybody's best friend. She would also gossip about employees to employees. I would not work for someone like her again. I enjoyed working with the director and the supervisor and felt they were more professional. My coworkers downtown were a lot of fun to work with and the hours were decent.
Pros
coworkers and benefite
Cons
Management and pay
Multi-specialty Health Clinic
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 2, 2016
Management seems to only care about the bottom dollar. Most of the seasoned employees have either left the company, were fired, or retired. Many patients told me personally that they don't feel like the new Physicians actually listen to or care about them.
Look for a job somewhere else
Charge Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 15, 2016
Horrible place to work. Managers do not know what they are doing. The turnover rate is high and the pay is not worth it.
Medical assistant
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 3, 2016
Type of day is typical medical office. But communication can be better. I do love the people I work with. Its a fast pace office. The turn over rate is high
Pros
great providers
Cons
poor communication
PT Downtown terrible place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAFebruary 1, 2016
The Physical Therapists and PT assistants are very nice to work with. Very helpful and make the day go by well. However, the supervisor of the Physical Therapy locations and some employees talk about other staff, gossip, and are always causing problems. Training is terrible. Shadowing, some training and then thrown into the job and expected to know everything within a short period of time. Hostile work environment. So much work stacked on you for the pay which is a joke. No breaks except for lunch and usually work 6 -61/2 hours before a break. Supervisor is always on her personal cell phone and drives with employees in her car while texting. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
So much work, no breaks, gossiping, physical therapy supervisor
Not a very good place to work
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 12, 2015
The pay is extremly ridiculous for the amount of work we are expected to do on a daily basis. Always working overtime because we are so under staff because nobody will take the $10.90/hour they are offering. We are exepected to do so much work and not told everything we are expected to do until the first day of work. Also the training is a joke. We go through step program for 3 days then in the office back on Thursday and shoved right in front of a computer expected to check people in and answer the phones which both are not taught in Steps at all. Don't waste your time applying.
Pros
Patients and the people I work with
Cons
no breaks other then lunch, extremely under paid, to much work to do
Friendly co-workers and work environment.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 18, 2015
Transcribed medical reports dictated by a multi-specialty clinic. Provided excellent turn-around time for reports. Enjoyed working with physicians, collecting medical charts distributing mail, etc,
Pros
Good benefits for employees, year-round events such as X-mas parties, etc.
Cons
Extremely cramped work area, crowding etc.
Awful management, horrible pay
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 27, 2015
I worked as a receptionist and as a scheduler. I worked in family practice and at the surgical group. During my time as a receptionist I was often expected to pick up extra shifts and cover for people who would never cover for me. I was the only one cross-trained in all areas, so I would often find myself covering for people who just didn't feel like coming in. I was recognized for my hard work in the beginning, but it's just a way to manipulate you to stay. The pay is terrible in comparison to the other healthcare providers in the region. Benefits are sub-par. I found the family practice I worked in to be very "clique-y" and lots of people who should have been reprimanded never were. Management liked who they liked and those are the people who are still there. As a scheduler, my training consisted of me sitting with a co-worker for a week and then I was on my own. If I did something differently and achieved the same outcome, I was chastised because "that's just not how we do things." There was a LOT of gossip and arrogance from clinical staff, especially from some of the surgeons. There were lots of double standards when it came to professionalism between back-office and front-office. Daily inappropriate conversations covering a wide range of topics happened. For a while there was no manager, so I didn't have anybody to go to about these issues and when there was a manager, she was just as bad. In short, it depends on the department, but the company as a whole is mismanaged and terribly misguided. Think twice before accepting a position especially if you are in your 20s as  more... you'll be working with older women for the most part. They take advantage of naivete and helpful personalities. I did enjoy providing help to those in need and that's what got me to stay so long.  less
Pros
Drug Reps bring great lunch, usually get an hour lunch, you don't have to take your work home with you, employee hardship fund, casual Fridays
Cons
terrible pay, mediocre benefits, bad managment, gossip, arrogance, cliques, crabby patients
managemant does not have good communication skills.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Valley, WAJuly 16, 2015
Coworkers are great, enjoy working with my fellow co workers. like the verity of personalities I work with. Pay is very low for the area.
Cons
no breaks other then lunch
Great place to get experience for good patient care
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WaJuly 8, 2015
I have worked in Pediatrics for two and a half years. My morning starts by opening the patients charts and printing off paperwork for day. I then room patients accordingly, I do referrals to other offices, return phone calls, and fax any paperwork that's needs to be done. I have learned that families come in all shapes and sizes and that empathy and sensitivity to certain situations are very important. I have also learned that children are so important to our future and the care that we show them in our office is also highly important. I feel that the management we have in our office is an ever changing situation and try to go with the flow as it changes. The hardest part of my job is seeing how broken families are affect the children I see on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the kids grow and all the stages they go through.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Management Problem
Love the providers and staff I work with.
Pediatric Psychiatric and Behavioral Medicine (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 13, 2015
Love the providers and staff I work with.
Love my patients. Love serving the low income and children nobody else will see.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
work conditions
Red pen me
Pricer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 2, 2015
Grabbing a stack of super bills from the stack of papers from the different doctors offices of the multi clinics and grabbing the red pen and begin circling charges and writing prices of different tests and adding modifiers. Goal was to have all super bills codes/priced by the first week of the next month to close the books. The hardest part was the surgery bills, learning what was a global charge and what different types of modifiers were needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was reading the chart notes to find the reason for test .
Pros
nice group of people
Cons
having to take work home
Don't get too comfortable working here
Healthcare support (Former Employee) –  SpokaneOctober 23, 2014
You may be let go or put on leave at any time as this company is experiencing extreme impacts related to healthcare and lower patient visits
Pros
Turkey at Thanksgiving (usually)
Cons
Lower pay comparitively. Unstable financial situation
Wonderful Branch of community health systems
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WaOctober 14, 2014
Registered Radiologic Technologist in an out patient clinic setting. Experience with DR, CR, and Film processing. Carestream DR, Carestream CR, GE, Hologic, Quantum
Providing excellent patient care while producing images of excellent radiographic quality.

Wonderful physicians and imaging department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwood Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9