Rockwood Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Medical assistant
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 3, 2016
Type of day is typical medical office. But communication can be better. I do love the people I work with. Its a fast pace office. The turn over rate is high
Pros
great providers
Cons
poor communication
PT Downtown terrible place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAFebruary 1, 2016
The Physical Therapists and PT assistants are very nice to work with. Very helpful and make the day go by well. However, the supervisor of the Physical Therapy locations and some employees talk about other staff, gossip, and are always causing problems. Training is terrible. Shadowing, some training and then thrown into the job and expected to know everything within a short period of time. Hostile work environment. So much work stacked on you for the pay which is a joke. No breaks except for lunch and usually work 6 -61/2 hours before a break. Supervisor is always on her personal cell phone and drives with employees in her car while texting. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
So much work, no breaks, gossiping, physical therapy supervisor
Not a very good place to work
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 12, 2015
The pay is extremly ridiculous for the amount of work we are expected to do on a daily basis. Always working overtime because we are so under staff because nobody will take the $10.90/hour they are offering. We are exepected to do so much work and not told everything we are expected to do until the first day of work. Also the training is a joke. We go through step program for 3 days then in the office back on Thursday and shoved right in front of a computer expected to check people in and answer the phones which both are not taught in Steps at all. Don't waste your time applying.
Pros
Patients and the people I work with
Cons
no breaks other then lunch, extremely under paid, to much work to do
Awful management, horrible pay
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 27, 2015
I worked as a receptionist and as a scheduler. I worked in family practice and at the surgical group. During my time as a receptionist I was often expected to pick up extra shifts and cover for people who would never cover for me. I was the only one cross-trained in all areas, so I would often find myself covering for people who just didn't feel like coming in. I was recognized for my hard work in the beginning, but it's just a way to manipulate you to stay. The pay is terrible in comparison to the other healthcare providers in the region. Benefits are sub-par. I found the family practice I worked in to be very "clique-y" and lots of people who should have been reprimanded never were. Management liked who they liked and those are the people who are still there. As a scheduler, my training consisted of me sitting with a co-worker for a week and then I was on my own. If I did something differently and achieved the same outcome, I was chastised because "that's just not how we do things." There was a LOT of gossip and arrogance from clinical staff, especially from some of the surgeons. There were lots of double standards when it came to professionalism between back-office and front-office. Daily inappropriate conversations covering a wide range of topics happened. For a while there was no manager, so I didn't have anybody to go to about these issues and when there was a manager, she was just as bad. In short, it depends on the department, but the company as a whole is mismanaged and terribly misguided. Think twice before accepting a position especially if you are in your 20s as  more... you'll be working with older women for the most part. They take advantage of naivete and helpful personalities. I did enjoy providing help to those in need and that's what got me to stay so long.  less
Pros
Drug Reps bring great lunch, usually get an hour lunch, you don't have to take your work home with you, employee hardship fund, casual Fridays
Cons
terrible pay, mediocre benefits, bad managment, gossip, arrogance, cliques, crabby patients
managemant does not have good communication skills.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Valley, WAJuly 16, 2015
Coworkers are great, enjoy working with my fellow co workers. like the verity of personalities I work with. Pay is very low for the area.
Cons
no breaks other then lunch
Great place to get experience for good patient care
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WaJuly 8, 2015
I have worked in Pediatrics for two and a half years. My morning starts by opening the patients charts and printing off paperwork for day. I then room patients accordingly, I do referrals to other offices, return phone calls, and fax any paperwork that's needs to be done. I have learned that families come in all shapes and sizes and that empathy and sensitivity to certain situations are very important. I have also learned that children are so important to our future and the care that we show them in our office is also highly important. I feel that the management we have in our office is an ever changing situation and try to go with the flow as it changes. The hardest part of my job is seeing how broken families are affect the children I see on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the kids grow and all the stages they go through.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Management Problem
Love the providers and staff I work with.
Pediatric Psychiatric and Behavioral Medicine (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 13, 2015
Love the providers and staff I work with.
Love my patients. Love serving the low income and children nobody else will see.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
work conditions
Red pen me
Pricer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 2, 2015
Grabbing a stack of super bills from the stack of papers from the different doctors offices of the multi clinics and grabbing the red pen and begin circling charges and writing prices of different tests and adding modifiers. Goal was to have all super bills codes/priced by the first week of the next month to close the books. The hardest part was the surgery bills, learning what was a global charge and what different types of modifiers were needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was reading the chart notes to find the reason for test .
Pros
nice group of people
Cons
having to take work home
Don't get too comfortable working here
Healthcare support (Former Employee) –  SpokaneOctober 23, 2014
You may be let go or put on leave at any time as this company is experiencing extreme impacts related to healthcare and lower patient visits
Pros
turkey at thanksgiving (usually)
Cons
lower pay comparitively. unstable financial situation
Wonderful Branch of community health systems
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WaOctober 14, 2014
Registered Radiologic Technologist in an out patient clinic setting. Experience with DR, CR, and Film processing. Carestream DR, Carestream CR, GE, Hologic, Quantum
Providing excellent patient care while producing images of excellent radiographic quality.

Wonderful physicians and imaging department
GREAT People, GREEDY/Cheap Company
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 7, 2014
RWC has many job openings, at all times, so your chances of finding employment with this company are pretty good. The downside to this fact is that the reason why there are often so many job openings is because Rockwood loses employees almost as quickly as they hire them. This is due to them being the lowest paying medical care provider in Eastern Washington. They can not keep up with the costs of living, and promise improvements and raises, with NO follow through. Their "merit" raises are insultingly small, and they never make good with their promises that they truly value their employees by paying them what they are worth, and what other companies in the area are paying their "valued" employees. Great flexibility with time off. Benefits are okay, but no bargain either.
Pros
good people
Cons
no breaks, increased workload w/ no pay increases. sparse management.
No Comment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 18, 2014
This company has really gone downhill. The corruption of the company lies not only with upper management but within the department you work in, depending where you are - they want you to manipulate people, tell half truths, and they expect you do just do as your told and not speak your suggestion for improvements. They keep saying there will be improvements, but nothing ever comes to it.
Pros
nice building to work in
Cons
poor professionalism and lack to follow rules, gossip, you cannot trust anyone
Productive and fun working enviroment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 11, 2014
Cooking and taking care of the students that attended Gonzaga College
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
fun and enjoyable place to work
Quality Improvement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 26, 2014
I work part time and my typical day varies each day. I may start out with an audit that i am working on and switch gears to work on other areas that need to be updated.
I have fabulous co-workers that work well together.
The hardest part of the job is planning Diabetes Day.
I enjoy the satisfaction of planning a successful event. I also enjoy the diversity of the job.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Standard office work place.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 26, 2014
Big company to work for, easy to get lost in. Hardest part of the job is having to do way more than what you are hired/trained for.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
under paid
Great Extern site
Extern/Student Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 10, 2014
Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technicians where very helpful in preparing me to join the Pharmacy Technology Career field. I improved my skills and accuracy in data entry, filling prescriptions, transcribing, bubble packaging and identifying medications.
Pros
helpful employees
Cons
worked for free
Great people
HIM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 17, 2014
The department I worked in was great, great people, but the company would tend to overlook us and I felt we were not appreciated as a group.
great group of co-workers
Reception duties to Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Spokane WashingtonSeptember 5, 2013
Yearly Christmas bonus. Given adequate tools to perform job duties
Pros
turkeys at thanksgiving
I very much enjoy my job!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 11, 2013
A typical work day is one filled with checking patients in and out for their appointments. I worked in a department that sees mainly elderly or those with chronic issues. I love the interaction with them and always look for a way to put a smile on their face. I have learned how to make a negative situation to a positive. I have a great manager and coworkers that make the days go by quickly and in a fun way.
The hardest part of the job would be the days where there is not as much work to do (doctors out, low patients) and the day drags by. The most enjoyable would be again, the interaction with people and trying to make a difference in their day.
Rockwood Clinic PS
Health Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 21, 2011
Seriously one of the BEST jobs out there. I was priveledged to work in the Medical Records Dept, a place that now requires certificates and degrees.
Pros
physicians, and staff were so woderful to work with.
Cons
only nw based