Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 29, 2017
They work with some of the most fragile people. But the spirit of the building is very high it was a joy to work there.my only regret is that they were not hiring so I was not able to stay. The people really made me feel welcome in my short period of time
Really fun and enrgetic work place.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 30, 2017
I liked it. The people there were down to earth and very knowledgeable. They would take the time to show you things, even if you had no interest for that area.
A very productive work place.
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 24, 2017
Management doesn't seem to last long here. We seem to go thru managers every few years. The good thing about working at RMCC is that you do get a lot of paid time off. Your first year hear you earn 3 weeks vacation and two personal holidays. Plus holidays are paid for.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Short breaks, have hard time getting days off.
The staff is non caring and lazy
Admissions Representative / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 14, 2017
Poor patient care from office staff and medical assistants. front office is rude and very disrespectful to the patients . The doctors are great but the office staff had no teamwork skills .
Pros
Cons
rude staff
Lots of turn around
Front office (Former Employee) –  All divisionsMay 31, 2017
Management is a struggle in roughly all divisions. A lot of turn around throughout the entire company. Not very good with training their employees, generally give you a week and than your on your own to learn.
Cons
Short breaks, expensive healthcare, bad management.
Low pay for nurses, even with experience!
Radiation Oncology Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 28, 2017
No nights or weekends, but very low pay for specialized nurses with experience. If they would pay the industry average at least, they would lose fewer excellent nurses to other companies.
Pros
No nights or weekends.
Cons
Low pay
Enjoyed Helping Patients with understanding their diagnosis
Scheduler Sr (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COFebruary 28, 2017
I loved helping my patients, and watch them grow daily. I would also volunteer to do their hospice care if needed. I loved that I can tell you something about each one of my patients.
Great patients
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 16, 2017
Difficult work and the management is awful, the patients are great and are what keep me going back. Pay is less than it should be and there is never anywhere to park.
Pros
Great patients
Cons
no breaks, poor mangement
Good, consistent, stable employer
Senior Administrative Assistant - Genetic Services (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 13, 2017
Consistent, quick work pace, with focus on keeping the patients on schedule for their appointments. Feels good to be helping patients. Clinics will open even if adverse weather. Overall a good place to work!
Pros
Dependable paycheck, dependable work hours, benefits, vacation time, consistent breaks, allowed to decorate area for holidays
Cons
Would wish for more promotion opportunities and health insurance plans with lower deductibles.
Productive and fun workplace
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 28, 2016
Fun and different place to work, providers are actually people you can interact with, patients are always awesome to work with no matter how sick they are.
Enjoyable, yet challenging work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 20, 2016
Enjoyable, yet challenging work environment. Working here as an RN as allowed me to strengthen my oncology nursing skills and enhance my expertise working with different patient populations and chemotherapy regimens. Co-workers and management have aided in making this job more enjoyable. Hardest part of the job is time management, but after adjusting to the fast paced environment, I have developed great time management and delegation skills.
Great facility for cancer patients
New Patient Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 18, 2016
Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers is one of the best cancer facilities in the state. On a typical day, I would schedule patients for appointments. I enjoyed what I did. I loved helping the patients. The hardest part of my job was the atmosphere. I would describe some of the coworkers as very "negative" & "verbal." I am someone who usually gets along with everyone. I love people. However, the derogatory statements made each day hard to look forward to. My direct supervisor was always kind and understanding. I enjoyed a lot of aspects of that job. Overall, I am hopeful I can take what I have learned and apply it to the next job.
Pros
Long break, nice supervisor, helpful IT, good benefits, large break room, easy bathroom access
Cons
changing job description, derogatory statements by coworkers
Busy infusion department with great patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 6, 2016
The patients at Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers are very greatful and have great attitudes despite their circumstances. The nurses and staff make that possible with their caring and compassion.
Unable to move positions
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 30, 2016
Not a place to work if you are interested in growing your career as they do not reward hard workers and do not promote from within.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Negative Environment
A typical day
PATIENT FINANCIAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 2, 2015
I would rate higher, I have my own person opionion about working in a hostile environment. The most enjoyable part of this position is seeing the smile on my patients face when a 10k grant is approved to assist patient with cancer treatments.
Pros
Speaking with drug reps to find ways to save patient money
Cons
Dealing with a hostile unpleasant, stressful environment to work
Rmcc
DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 21, 2015
RMCC is a wonderful organization with exceptional providers and staff. Compassionate, evidence based care provided close to home.
Working at Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers is very rewarding!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 7, 2014
I have enjoyed working at Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers because it is very rewarding. They have great employees, nurses, and doctors, and it is joy to help people with cancer and other blood disorders. However, it can also be very stressful from time to time. As great as it is to see a patient make it through treatments to remission, it is just as sad to see a patient not make it through. Most administrative staff does not make a competitive wage, and there is little room for advancement.
Use to be a fun place to work
Senior Admixture Technician, Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 22, 2014
I enjoyed working there but management is terrible and don't know what they are doing. Because of them all the great employees have left and taken other jobs. I loved all my nurses and peers and most of all the patients, that is the only reason I stayed there as long as I did. It was so stressful that everyone walked on eggshells and still do. One day they will get smart and start listening to their employees about the problems that are going on.
Pros
patients and fellow employees
Cons
Managment not listening
Patient Care Facility
Scheduler Senior / Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 23, 2014
Working for RMCC was always a pleasure. You are an asset to the best cancer patient care in Southern Colorado and the physicians share their appreciation with you often.
Lack of communication, lack of help, genuine interest by management
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 31, 2014
I enjoy most of my peers and have met wonderful people, including motivational patients, during my time here but it has been growing more and more evident that management is not interested in helping, finding solutions or ensuring employee satisfaction or assistance; There is such a lack of communication that 98% of the clinic is miserable and hoping to find different jobs.