Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers Employee Reviews

RMCC
DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 21, 2015
RMCC is a wonderful organization with exceptional providers and staff. Compassionate, evidence based care provided close to home.
Working at Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers is very rewarding!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 7, 2014
I have enjoyed working at Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers because it is very rewarding. They have great employees, nurses, and doctors, and it is joy to help people with cancer and other blood disorders. However, it can also be very stressful from time to time. As great as it is to see a patient make it through treatments to remission, it is just as sad to see a patient not make it through. Most administrative staff does not make a competitive wage, and there is little room for advancement.
Use to be a fun place to work
Senior Admixture Technician, Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 22, 2014
I enjoyed working there but management is terrible and don't know what they are doing. Because of them all the great employees have left and taken other jobs. I loved all my nurses and peers and most of all the patients, that is the only reason I stayed there as long as I did. It was so stressful that everyone walked on eggshells and still do. One day they will get smart and start listening to their employees about the problems that are going on.
Pros
patients and fellow employees
Cons
managment not listening
Patient Care Facility
Scheduler Senior / Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 23, 2014
Working for RMCC was always a pleasure. You are an asset to the best cancer patient care in Southern Colorado and the physicians share their appreciation with you often.
Lack of communication, lack of help, genuine interest by management
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 31, 2014
I enjoy most of my peers and have met wonderful people, including motivational patients, during my time here but it has been growing more and more evident that management is not interested in helping, finding solutions or ensuring employee satisfaction or assistance; There is such a lack of communication that 98% of the clinic is miserable and hoping to find different jobs.
Good place to work.
Information Technology Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 12, 2013
Good pay and good benefits. Excellent job training and friendly environment.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
not many advancement opportunities
Nice company and group of physicians
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  coloradoJuly 22, 2013
I worked as a receptionist for first three years and patient financial counselor for two. I enjoyed the patients very much and seeing them pleased when I could help them out with insurance and payment issues.
Pros
patients and providers
Cons
the nature of the business-cancer
People and staff our wonderful to work with. You are given extra duties but not appreciated all the time for your work. Others take credit
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 4, 2013
Manage multiple staff memebers, float around and help in all areas, answering phones, scheduling patients, verifying financial benefits, doing records releases. Management takes credit for your work and sometime does not give even say thank you. Having a boss that micro manages you. Mostest enjoyable - the staff i work with and the patients.
Compassionate, informative, open door policy environment
Front Office Coordinator/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 4, 2013
A typical day can be hectic but productive. The is a constant interaction with patients and staff members. Cancer treatment and types are learned on a daily basis. Management has an open door policy and are easy to talk to. The co-workers all work together regardless of their position. The hardest part of the job is seeing the patients decline or pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the patients finish their treatment and move on to follow up visits.
High stress, many unhappy employee's
employee (Current Employee) –  RoseFebruary 3, 2013
Fast pace, RMCC's wants to move the patients through as quickly as possible, a "move em in, move em out" mentality.

Micromanagement throughout the facility. Co workers are very competitive and moral is not great. The patients and families are wonderful and best part of the job.
Pros
free lunches, birthday celebrations
Cons
extreme micro-management
Don't do it!
Infusion Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 7, 2013
This company has the wrong priorities. They care only about the bottom line, while working their employees to the bone. Upper and middle management don't change so the organization is stagnant and lacking. They don't listen to their employees and they certainly don't support their employees. They care about the bottom line while rewarding the hard workers with more work.
I worked here 6 years ago, lasted one year full time, wen PRN, left and came back 3 years later and only lasted 3 months. Can't take the lack of management support. I am leaving...
Pros
some employees are great
Cons
management, communication
good benefits friendly staff
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 24, 2012
insurance verification billing questions and follow up. management supportive, great team, hardest part losing patient best part seeing recovery
I liked the people I worked with, I had lots of fun when I worked in the laboratory
Medical Assistant/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 29, 2012
My co-workers in the laboratory became good friends to me and I to them. We were like a small family. Once I was given a fulltime job in the back office with the nurses rooming the patients it was more business like. A typical business day was for me to room patients, taking vital signs, updating medications and medical allergies. I prepared charts for the next clinic day. Filed charts after the providers reviewed the laboratory, xray, and other results regarding the patients.
Pros
drug reps free lunches, good relations with other employee and providers.
Cons
if late rooming patients by 5-10 min, to some of the providers it was unacceptable, no matter what the circumstances were.