Rocky Mountain Health Plans Employee Reviews

Executive Asst - Print/ Copy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 3, 2017
Wonderful place to work have been apart of. I wish them all the best of luck with the United Healthcare merge. The unknown for so many employees became very stressful.
Pros
AMAZING PEOPLE!!!!!
Cons
Change over with United Healthcare
interesing work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 25, 2017
Interesting work but very much the mean girl mentality. Learn a lot about health insurance, specifically Medicaid, Medicare and commercial products. Learned to keep your head down and not interact with others who will use your words against you the very first chance they get. No real training or mentors. More of a sink or swim feel. A journey not a destination.
Pros
good 401k match
Cons
dog eat dog
Excellent Run Orginization
Director (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 16, 2016
The Employees are amazing, Wellness Program is second to none and Work Life Balance is the Preferred Working Environment.The Company as a whole is well managed although it does lean more toward the Government Programs than I would like.
Productive atmosphere
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 1, 2015
The day starts with evaluation of calendar and tasks set, coordinate the days work plan. Concurrently receive new cases, make calls to post discharge members to evaluate for needs. Coordinate care with home health, physicians and member to meet needs.

Attend meetings as required including webinar presentations. Meet with peers to examine current work flows and identify problems, develop a plan to address and set follow-up meeting.

Maintain a case load of 200+ members in 3 counties. I have learned computer system developed for the company. I have increased my level of multi-tasking.

The hardest part of the job is the pressure to manage a large populations. The best part of my job is working with members to solve complex situations.

My co-workers are supportive and open to new ideas.

The management is rigid, non-supportive with selective implementation of discipline.
Pros
Emphasis on employee health
Cons
Training minimal especially with new programs, work flows
small review
Jr. Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction CoJuly 7, 2015
The company was nice to work for, it looked after its membership and tried to take care of it's employees.If you worked hard, you worked even harder. This made it difficult to get anywhere as the company heads haven't quite realized they are no longer a small company.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
co-workers
Chaotic Environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Grand JunctionSeptember 28, 2014
Healthcare is tumultuous but can be an exciting place with constant changes and advances in technology. This organization is chaotic because it lacks maturity in processes and procedures. If you want to work in a professional environment with strong leadership, this is not the place to be.
Great company to work for that truley cares for there employees.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 28, 2014
A typical day at work is extremely busy with non-stop calls. Customer services is an inbound call center.
I have learned how to better handle escalated issues. I have learned how to use new computer systems, and how to be more efficient with those I already knew. I have learned how health insurance works.
My co-workers are great to work with, we all are very team oriented and supportive of each other.
The hardest part of the job is trying to help unhappy customers. As part of the nature of the job is having to contend with customers health and financial information. This makes each situation extremely personal, and needs to be dealt with the up-most care.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers find a resolution to their issue.
Fun place to work
Claims corporate vertex/ data entry (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 10, 2014
A typical day is logging onto computer. I am in two programs Entrendex and Formworks.
Data entry is what I do all day. I build folders and export for enrollment department.
fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 12, 2014
fast paced, had 20 seconds to answer next call, needed to make sure you were up to speed at all times.
Pros
hectic
Cons
connected to a phone line for 8 hours
Wonderful people to work with!
Contractor (Former Employee) –  DTCMay 27, 2014
Low paying and little room for any growth however, work-life balance may be the reason you stay or consider employment.
Pros
Work environment excellent
Cons
Low income little room to grow
Rocky Mountain Health Plans is an excellent company to work for.
Data entry for claims (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 29, 2013
Rocky Mountain Health Plans is the most ethical company that I have ever worked for. Training and management are top notch. It is an excellent company to work for.
I would NOT recommend working with this company
Scanning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 21, 2013
I was only a temp one month with this company and I can only say the company as a whole is a great one. There are great benefits, perks, and amenities for employees.

However, most departments are mainly women-and an office department full of women is an office department full of gossip and totally unnecessary drama and favoritism. Unless you have that "vibe,' you kiss everyone's butt, and have the gift of gab that clicks with everyone else, you're not going to make it. I'm more of a serious person-I was there to do my job and do it right-not to make BFFs. My personality wasn't good enough for the other girls I worked with. I didn't spend extra time chatting or making a run to the gym with them to catch up on "talk."

Truth be told women here will act sweet and genuine to your face and discuss you with everyone else as soon as you're gone. They lead me on with the impression I was doing very well, getting along with everyone just fine-and I thought so too, until the management pulled some childish moves, and they made a joint decision that they didn't like me working there and let me go-but they didn't tell me themselves. No, that would be too logical and simple, it would the adult, non-womanish thing to do-talk to someone, work it out, let them go. I was told by SOS I was let go, I was not to contact them, and I was not even allowed to pick up my belongings. I had done nothing wrong...nothing, and they treated me like a hardened criminal and had given me no warning at all.

I took my job seriously, did it well while I could, helped out anyone anyway I could whenever I
  more... could, took the initiative to do a good job but NONE of that was taken into consideration.

They didn't fire me for lack of responsiveness or anything bad. They fired me because they're a group of gossiping, fake women who just decided I wasn't their type.

IF YOU WANT YOUR WORK ETHIC, PROFESSIONALISM AND ACCURACY TO BE THE DECIDER OF HOW GOOD OF AN EMPLOYEE YOU ARE, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO WORK.

YOUR WORK ETHIC DOESN'T DECIDE HOW GOOD OF A PERSON YOU ARE, THE GIRLS WILL JUDGE YOU FOR THEMSELVES.
Pros
Good coffee
Cons
Favoritism, gossip, bad communication, shallow co-workers if you aren't their type
The cold hard truth
Administrative Assistant/Project Coordinator  (Former Employee) –  GJ, COMay 12, 2013
My experience working at RMHP in the Quality Improvement department was horrible. You work with ALL women (there is almost zero diversity) and most of them have been there ten years or more and because of that, you have very complacent workers on your team.

In addition, women tend to gossip an awful lot so don't get caught up in it. There was very little logic used as these women thought with their emotions. Getting anything resolved was always an issues as well, since more arguing took place than real decisions being made. The only way to get ahead is by being buddy-buddy with someone in upper management and then they will move you into a position that your not qualified for.

If you told one of the QIA's something they didn't want to hear, they would throw you under the bus so fast. You can't trust your team members or upper management.

I wish they would just clean house and get all new employees who are actually passionate about their jobs and know the meaning of teamwork vs self interest. It's time for some of the elders there to retire so they can bring in a moderate new group. If you like dealing with company politics on a minute to minute basis, then RMHP is the place for you.
Pros
good coffee
Cons
Terrible Management!!!
Unorganized.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 25, 2013
Good people, scattered management. Poor communication between departments. Limited training opportunities.
Very employee friendly
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 18, 2013
Excellent benefits, lower wage but culture and benefits out weigh this. Great visionary leadership
Great invorment with all co-workers and customers.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 21, 2013
RMHP was a great place to work for all co-workers I got along with like they where all my best friends and it was like a family enviroment. The toughest job I had was running the front desk dealing with customers and taking payments and posting those payments all at the same time, which is multy tasking. All parts of the job was great I dealt with everyone from the receptionist to the President of the company.
Pros
all the people including co-workers and customers great invorment.
Excellent support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 11, 2012
RMHP has a wonderful team of knowledgeable staff who help you understand and grasp what you are to do. They really encourage you to ask questions instead of feeling unsure.
Pros
hours are ideal for family life. great benefits
Cons
high pressure in nature of material and calls you are answering.
Focuses on employees as the company's most valuable asset
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Headquarters Call Center, Grand Junction, COJanuary 24, 2012
This company is an excellent place to work. Besides rated among the best insurance companies in Colorado, RMHMC focuses an employee satisfaction. They offer excellent pay for all positions, a supreme benefit package, a very large and comfortable break room, and several company events and contests to encourage employees and show appreciation.This company also has regular meetings and seminars to encourage employees to not only improve their working relationships between each other, but also to help each individual improve their own self-esteem and quality of life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rocky Mountain Health Plans. Our community is ready to answer.

Rocky Mountain Health Plans Reviews by Location