Roehl Transport Employee Reviews

Stepping Stone Towards Your Career
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 6, 2017
Get your CDL here and finish the contract. During that time you will see the good and bad of Driving Truck Professionally and Driving for "Mega Companies". With the Gaping hole for Truck Drivers in the current economy there will be better opportunities for you after the contract is up.
Pros
"Free" Cdl, Job Securement, Experiance for future jobs.
Cons
Poorly Managed, You are a truck number, Pay advances require long trips away from home.
It wasn't easy
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIOctober 29, 2017
I had worked a long time at Roehl Transport, but being that I was salaried I was definitely taken advantage of. As a side note, during all my time there I was late one day due to a snowstorm.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Long hours and very poor management.
not much freight during winter
Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIOctober 26, 2017
Little freight moving around for flatbed during the winter months or going west if that's home but I really don't have any complaints except for the few times I sat waiting for a dispatch.
Not bad
Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 18, 2017
Mostly over the road work. Pay is good, hours are decent, trucks are okay too.You do have a lot of time away from home and family life but the days off make it worth it.
Hated to leave
National Flatbed Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 6, 2017
Loved the company, work was great, management was great. Plenty of miles if you want them, My fleet manager was easy to work with and was extremely well balanced. I truly hated to leave but the family wanted me home.
Pros
New trucks, electronic logs, electronic paperwork.
Cons
away from home
Driver
Professional Freight Relocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIOctober 1, 2017
Never work here,
They fill your head with dreams of making lots of money.
After your sixth month you get a .10 per mile raise which is great but they will starve you out or just plain fire you for no reason.
They keep the seats warm with new recruits every Monday.
BEWARE!!!!!!
Pros
Big red truck
Cons
everything else
Seat warmer
OTR Flatbed driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WISeptember 23, 2017
Be prepared to hear what you want and get the reverse results. This is a company that just wants drivers to fill the seat. Regardless it will always be the drivers fault ( why are you late/ early etc etc) managers have purposely positioned themselves to keep there hands clean of any drama. you work to make them look good and build there career, good luck in you deception.
Pros
travel
Cons
managment
Drive hard, stay home more
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WISeptember 12, 2017
Roehl had a great home time benefit that helps out drivers that want to be at home more. Just the disadvantage of that is that when the wheels aren't moving, you aren't making any money. I would prefer this company to new drivers though. Their trainers put you on their level.
Nice
Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WISeptember 9, 2017
As my first driving job it was a nice experience. Although they would say they couldn't help you if the road you're on is a no truck zone. Also they did not inform you of having to pay for this training just out of CDL school.. NOT VERY HAPPY!!!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Communication
No comment
Commercial Truck Driver, Class (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WI 54449September 6, 2017
Long days and nights hard work,with minuscule financial compensation. the only reason that i am responding beyond my initial comment is to be able to proceed
Pros
paid training
Cons
nothing
Best Starter Company
Flatbed Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Conley, GASeptember 1, 2017
Roehl has the most honest, fair, respectful, and competent fleet managers (dispatchers) of any starter company. Trucks and even trailers are kept in safe operational condition through quality maintenance program. Miles are consistent if you wake up on time, cooperate with your fleet manager, and perform to at least average standards.
Pros
Starter pay, staff, equipment, miles.
Cons
Trucks governed at 63
A very poor working environment.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 30, 2017
When I started it was a very driver friendly company but became horrible profit and management oriented over the course of my time there. The drivers became numbers and very expendable.
Truck Driving is Difficult
Trunk Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 29, 2017
Truck Driving is Difficult but if you like being away from home for weeks or months at a time then this is the company you want to work for. Lots of fringe benefits make this company the best.
Long days driving with some stress typical of the trucking industry
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 24, 2017
Days start time varies due to the start/stop times of the previous day or when a shipment is due for pick up or delivery and also depends upon your hours of service.
the rest of this can be discussed further upon request.
Pros
lots of time alone on the open road with little supervision as long as you do your job well.
Cons
A lot of time away from family and home. Info from company is incorrect.
what i learned
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 15, 2017
well spent 7 days training in the yard then another 3 weeks in the truck with trainer, which was good to do. after I got my truck was on my own except for the guy or girl that helped get me loads and fuel.
Pros
easy to do
Cons
they hide stuff from you til you need time off
Not for experienced drivers unless you want an alternate schedule like 7 days out 7 at home.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 14, 2017
Way to much micro management. Very much oriented to Marshfield, WI. If you want to live in the middle of nowhere, then great.
Decent company to train with, then plan to move on.
Don't let management learn your name, for any reason, good or bad. It can only hurt a drive to be known by management.
Someone may explain that to you as "longevity by anonymity."
Pros
Decent place to learn to be an OTR driver
Cons
No place to stay unless you like small town life.
Use people then toss them to the side after their pay and benifits climb
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  WIAugust 9, 2017
Bad management, no loyalty to workers especially long time 10+ years workers. Too many hours asked to work free. No straight answers from Supervisors when a problem arises and no fix or care about the problem.
Pros
Indoor desk jobs
Cons
Bad management, lack of communication, lack of care for employees
Great place for young Drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 6, 2017
Roehl is a great place for a driver without experience to learn the trade with out being forced into dangerous situations.Many companies will insist on new drivers to be part of a Team driving operation and Roehl does not do that. They work hard to truly build up the individual driver so that they can be successful in their driving career.
Roehl also takes great pride in their fleet and is constanly updating the fleet so that the driving team is operating newer equipment to aid in driver comfort and less downtime.
productive
Flatbed Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2017
Great place to work. Great benefits,401k, medical, vacation pay, dental, etc. Management is awesome. Never had any problems. They work with you when you request PTO.
Great job
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 5, 2017
Job was great family orientate company, I like the dedicated route I was on but they weren't consistent with there routes. Mangament was great at first, the hardest part about the job was really nothing all I was doing was driving I guess I could say the hardest part was the GPS system but I managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roehl Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8