Roger Williams Medical Center Employee Reviews

Worst ever...
RN (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 2, 2017
Horrible management. Inexperienced nurses with no professional management skills who create a miserable work environment. Staff turnover is unreal and they have a system in the computer placed by risk management that the nurses use to basically rat on each other about anything they can possibly find. Worst working environment I've ever experienced.
Pros
A 30 minute unpaid dinner break that you usually can't take.
Cons
Collaborative, quick paced, fun environment
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 27, 2017
I worked at RWMC for over 8 years as a Clinical Nurse Educator.
We were respected for our knowledge and expertise in many clinical speciSeveral alties.
Pros
Respected for knowledge & expertise
Cons
my commute was too long
Great place to start
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 19, 2017
Best place to start your phlebotomy career. Excellent training. Staff was awesome. Everyone is there to help. Multiple different types of areas to learn. Hospital based, nursing homes, house draws, and outside lab experiences.
Benefits
Cons
No complaints
Staff has been there forever. Helpful
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 3, 2017
Most of the staff is open and friendly. There isn't much room for growth. If you're looking for first shift, don't look here, as there is a union and all positions are awarded to next person up for it.
Started out wonderful, but due to merger - things went downhill
Supervisor/office coordinator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 22, 2017
I actually absolutely loved working there for the first few years. Staff and management were like family and I looked forward to going to work daily. It wasn't until they merged with other local hospitals and changed over to Chartercare that things got very cut-throat.
Increase in hours
Director of Patient Care Sevices (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 17, 2017
Continuing a graduate program in MSN at Southern New Hampshire University on line. I am in the current track of Risk and Patient Safety
Non union. Community feeling. All staff work together and know each other, regardless of department.
Pros
Loction
Cons
Long hours while attending school
Not good to their people
Medical Secretary/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 12, 2017
Prospect Charter Care Roger Williams Medical Center LLC does not treat employees well. Under staffed and over worked. Company does not care about their employees just profits.
Exciting and Rewarding Working Environment
Registered Nurse-Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 14, 2017
Gained invaluable experience in all aspects of Oncology and was able to advance my nursing skills. I've had a positive work experience being employed there, Overall, it's been a great place to work
Overall a good place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 1, 2017
I obtained 26 years of registered nurse experience in medical/surgical, ICU/CCU and bone marrow units. While working the night shifts, I provided independent nursing care. I found the staff to be very supportive in helping with patient care and sharing their nursing knowledge with me. Occasionally there was a nurse shortage and mandatory overtime was very common. This was the hardest part of the job since I worked overnight. At the time that I was working at Roger Williams Medical Center they were not affiliated with Charter Care, so I cannot give an opinion on their current model of care.
Pros
Job performance were correlated with raises.
Cons
Occasional long hours due to nursing shortage.
Great community hospital
MEDICAL RECORDS DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 27, 2017
I always enjoyed my work day at RWMC. Managers are fair to their employees and team oriented. Employees are helpful and caring to their patients as well as peers. The atmosphere is friendly. Employees work together in each department and realize that everyone, in every position, is responsible for delivering great care and customer service for our patients and community that we serve.
poor mangement
Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 29, 2016
stressful work days,
needs lots of updates
poor management
Co workers are nice.
The hardest part of the day is leaving for the day knowing you were pressed for time to do things correctly.
Pros
Nice coworkers from other departments.
Cons
Missed lunches, no raises needs lots of updates
Just being a family and working together
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 28, 2016
A company does not run without compassion trust and most of all carving 100% for the lives of our patients.working together as a team is key
Pros
Loved my job, and being a team is a must to be a successful unit
Cons
Employees that dont care for the well being of the co workers
great place to learn new things
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 22, 2016
was a great job...the doctors r the best who are very caring. center one had the greatest nurses to work with and to learn from. I learned how to be a mental health worker and also a secretary
Pros
great CEO
Cons
floating to other units
Occupational Therapist
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 9, 2015
Benefits are comparable to other companies. Some delays in technology. Rehab seems more invested in quality of care than other companies I have worked for.
Good starter job for those who want to advance
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 2, 2015
I learned a lot as a new nurse there. The hospital is limited in areas like cardiac and trauma. If you want to get more experience in those areas you would need to go elsewhere however it is a wonderful place to learn basics and the ICU does care for very critical patients in medical aspect like sepsis and cancer. Awesome new grad training when I started but that was almost 8 years ago (2008).
fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 18, 2015
I learned a lot while working here. I was able to learned about five different positions in one year while working here. wonderful staff to work with
productive work place
Medical Staff Secretary (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 24, 2015
loved this place! had to check emails and send emails. had to fax out required documents out to physicians, as well as update medical charts and electronic medical records. i learned data entry skills and electronic medical records
Productive and professional work place.
Enivormental Services , House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 25, 2015
Excellent work place with supportive management. Great colleagues to work with. the environment was always good and would help each other.
great staff and team
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 3, 2015
My experience with the Radiology team was great. I learned a lot and took the skills that I acquired and used them in my jobs after Roger Williams
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 30, 2015
I had a multi-line phone experience including processing incoming calls I learned how to multitask efficiently. I also coordinated high volume of mail