Roger Williams Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great community hospital
MEDICAL RECORDS DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 27, 2017
I always enjoyed my work day at RWMC. Managers are fair to their employees and team oriented. Employees are helpful and caring to their patients as well as peers. The atmosphere is friendly. Employees work together in each department and realize that everyone, in every position, is responsible for delivering great care and customer service for our patients and community that we serve.
Just being a family and working together
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 28, 2016
A company does not run without compassion trust and most of all carving 100% for the lives of our patients.working together as a team is key
Pros
Loved my job, and being a team is a must to be a successful unit
Cons
Employees that dont care for the well being of the co workers
poor mangement
Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 29, 2016
stressful work days,
needs lots of updates
poor management
Co workers are nice.
The hardest part of the day is leaving for the day knowing you were pressed for time to do things correctly.
Pros
Nice coworkers from other departments.
Cons
Missed lunches, no raises needs lots of updates
great place to learn new things
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 22, 2016
was a great job...the doctors r the best who are very caring. center one had the greatest nurses to work with and to learn from. I learned how to be a mental health worker and also a secretary
Pros
great CEO
Cons
floating to other units
Good starter job for those who want to advance
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 2, 2015
I learned a lot as a new nurse there. The hospital is limited in areas like cardiac and trauma. If you want to get more experience in those areas you would need to go elsewhere however it is a wonderful place to learn basics and the ICU does care for very critical patients in medical aspect like sepsis and cancer. Awesome new grad training when I started but that was almost 8 years ago (2008).
Volunteer experience
Interventional Radiology Technologist; Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 26, 2015
The Doctors and technologists were always willing to help creating a positive educational experience which I would recommend to anyone who is looking to further their career. As I was not an official employee, but a volunteer, I have no incite to the benefits department. If given the opportunity I wouldn't hesitate to establish a business relationship with Roger Williams Medical Center.
productive work place
Medical Staff Secretary (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 24, 2015
loved this place! had to check emails and send emails. had to fax out required documents out to physicians, as well as update medical charts and electronic medical records. i learned data entry skills and electronic medical records
Not the same spirit since new ownership June 2014
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, riOctober 17, 2014
Roger Williams Medical Center (RWMC) was a wonderful place to work. Since June 2014, RWMC and its affiliates entered into a joint venture between the hospitals and Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc. which created a loss in spirit. What was once a special place to work whereas everyone cared about their work, each other and supported the cause of the hospitals is no longer. Going from nonprofit to forprofit has changed the spirit of the working environments.
Pros
Great, committed coworkers
Cons
New leadership
Challenging and very fulfilling job
Diet Technician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 11, 2014
This job was my ideal job. I was first a dietary aide and advanced to become a diet tech. There were many exciting parts to this job. I had daily interaction with patients reviewing medical history as pertaining to nutritional needs and assessed the need for the dietician to prioritize. I also went over menu selections with patients. Correcting menus to fit the standards for specific diet restrictions. I would also check the patient tray line for accurate items.
Pros
profession attire
Cons
job was deleted
Exciting position. Everyday was different.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 21, 2012
Productivity and management of time was a must. Learned that the department must work together in order to ensure quality care to patients. Management was very well managed. Co-workers were very helpful most of the time. Hardest part of the job was keeping in mind that patients do not feel very well and that is why they need to be evaluated, people get very upset and say things they would not usually say when not feeling well, it is not a personal attack. Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that your position did have an impact on the overall outcome of each patient and the quality of their care.
Pros
learning experience.
Great place, very nice people, RWMC it a good place to work.
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 7, 2012
I had a great experience as an employee of Roger Williams Medical Center. I started there in 2003 as an ultrasound student. I learned a lot during my clinical experience. I was then hired as per Diem and I enjoyed the hours and the learning experience. I left in 2009 when I decided I didn't want to continue to cover call, there were no permanent hours available and I was working full time days. I would recommend applying if you want a great work experience. The managers are fair and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and being a part of the imaging team. The hardest part was when I left there, it was bitter sweet!
Pros
centrally located and the people are very nice.
Cons
older buildings and equipment.
Fun and interesting working in a hospital setting.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 24, 2012
Loved the place, days went by fast because it was always busy which is good. Loved my manager. Got along with all my co workers. I can say the hardest part of the job was when we were short on staff. the most enjoyable part of the job is how my patient were pleased and happy with my assistants.
Pros
there were always something new that i learned.
Cons
when they were short on staff.
My time while working in the lab
Phlebotomist Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 15, 2015
The management team at the lab was awesome. The lab supervisor Sue was kind, patient and very knowledgeable. I loved working with my fellow Phlebotomists. The most enjoyable part of my internship was the patients. I learned so many aspects of the skills I learned in school
Gave me a sense of pride helping patients and their families.
Administrative Assistant for a Geriatric Practice (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 20, 2014
I really appreciated getting to know the patients at the assisted living centers where I worked. It was truly a learning experience, and something I will remember for a long time to come. The patients and families made a very lasting impression on me.
Productive and professional work place.
Enivormental Services , House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 25, 2015
Excellent work place with supportive management. Great colleagues to work with. the environment was always good and would help each other.
fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 18, 2015
I learned a lot while working here. I was able to learned about five different positions in one year while working here. wonderful staff to work with
busy and enjoyable place to work
REGISTRATION FINANCIAL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 25, 2012
enjoyable and comfort work place.everyone treats each other with respect and everyone becomes part of your family.i never hestited to work overtime or come in earlier somedays i would call to see if they were short handed in the unit.
Anesthia tech
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 15, 2015
Very nice place to work
Worked with Doctors in the operating room saw some surgerys
Preparing the OR Suites Turn over, meaning for next patient sterilizing equiptment, stocking and ordering supplies
great staff and team
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 3, 2015
My experience with the Radiology team was great. I learned a lot and took the skills that I acquired and used them in my jobs after Roger Williams
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 30, 2015
I had a multi-line phone experience including processing incoming calls I learned how to multitask efficiently. I also coordinated high volume of mail

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roger Williams Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Roger Williams Medical Center Reviews by Location