Roger Williams Park Zoo Employee Reviews

Fast paced and fun place to work
Special Events staff and bartender (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 29, 2015
There really is no typical day when it comes to special events. However most of the time my position revolves around setting up a bar and making sure that I have enough kegs and taps, ice, beverages, napkins, etc. Then breaking down after the event, cleaning, and putting everything back where it belongs. The events can be anything including, but not limited to paint nights, baby showers, charity events, corporate gatherings, and also month long events like the Jack O' Lantern Spectacular, where as many as 10,000 people come through the gates in a single night! I always work directly under the general manager who is truly a pleasure to work for, and I learn a lot about planning and setting up special events especially because she is a perfectionist. Being very outgoing I love to socialize with patrons but one of the hardest parts for me is not allowing a person to drink if they do not have proper identification. Another hard part is having to be there late in the night in October and the beginning of November in freezing temperatures rain or shine. What I enjoy most is the fast paced environment and constantly being able to interact with others.
A productive and fun workplace inside the zoo.
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 9, 2015
A typical day at work would be greeting guest with a smile and working as a cashier. On a typical day we would also clean the store. When I was working there I learn how to be more confident in myself and how to be a cashier.
Pros
in a zoo, management
Cool scenary
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 3, 2014
This job was cool, laid back, free food, it did get hectic but working the carts and the little shops alone was the best because I worked alone and either people or animal watch. I recommend it good experience.
Pros
animals, free food, experience
Cons
seasonal
Fun place to work, great atmosphere ... good perks
Food Runner, Maintenance, Cook (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 15, 2012
Organization wasn't exactly there and sometimes there was a little favoritism, but overall awesome place to work.
Pros
free coffee :)
Cons
unorganized
Love the animals
Manager of Interpretation (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 15, 2013
It's a great place to work if you love animals and the people are great. The pay was not enough to live on.
Pros
wildlife values and environment
Cons
low pay
fun and enriching
Zoo Crew Teacher (Former Employee) –  Providenvce, RIJune 21, 2013
This was a volunteer position I did for several summers during high school