Roger Williams University Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with chance to be noticed.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RINovember 7, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management. Always something to do whether it was inputting health records or coordinating health fairs. The most enjoyable part was working with my colleagues. Very enjoyable job.
Pros
plenty of time to do work, breaks, open hours.
Student friendly job, accommodating those in summer classes
Summer Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIOctober 12, 2015
It was a good job opportunity for me being a student in summer classes on the same campus. Through this I received job experience in managing staff for the summer conferences, including scheduling, transportation, responsibilities in getting staff to complete assigned tasks by given deadlines from upper management.
Pros
Beneficial learning experiences outside of my major
Cons
Not full time
kitchen
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RISeptember 23, 2015
Its an alright work place with supportive management. Not all about the number but how you personally grow and develop. I wish the money had been alot better and as well as annual raises
Challenging Atmosphere
Student Fund Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJuly 20, 2015
This position was technically a class; however I put enough hours a week for it to be considered a full time job. The other students I worked with were great team members.
Educational working environment
Student Advocate, Diversity Leader (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIJune 7, 2015
As a student, it is often hard to balance work with school but at Roger Williams, I am able to do this with the help and support of my professors and supervisors. As a student advocate and diversity leader, I am able to help incoming freshman with the transition into college while still managing my own educational needs. As a diversity leader, I get to learn about and fight for issues that are important to me and become very involved and relied on as a common face on campus.
Pros
working with great students
Not stressful at all
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIJune 1, 2015
Get to work with lots of very good people. Job is satisfying at times. Good job for someone that likes to work with college students.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
bad parking
Productive work enviroment.
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work, would be multiple employees of Roger Williams, performing tasks such as prepping meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the upcoming week(s). Employees are all separated into different departments in the kitchen to get all the tasks done on time. Working at Roger Williams University, I have learned more about time efficiency and how to multi-task more than I already knew how, I also learned a lot of basic knowledge about prep cooking. The management at Roger Williams University is fantastic. If an employee or even another manager needs an answer or help with anything, top of the line management is right there with the correct and most efficient answer. My coworkers are Roger Williams University is no joke, considering just about everyone there loves their job, all tasks get done in a timely order with the help of others from all around. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with what needs to be done, whether it's getting a cleaning task done on time, or actually getting any task done on time, considering all the different jobs going on at once that most employees can handle. Just about anything is enjoyable about being a prep cook at Roger Williams. The different types of food being prep, the techniques to perform a task faster and more efficient is fun to learn.
Pros
part-time benefits, paid breaks.
Cons
healthcare
SAO Work Study Office Assistant
Diversity Leadership Mentor SA Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIFebruary 20, 2015
Data Entry of Student Advocacy Office Reinstatement/transfers/withdrawals to university.
Office assistance, customer service, answering questions, answering phones, filing paperwork, shredding confidential documents.
Working with first year RWU students to ensure success with transition from high school to college climate.
Psychology/Creative Writing Major (Liberal arts and business studies).
Pros
hourly scheduled work hours
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement - not progressive enough
Outstanding university to work for.
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 28, 2015
Roger Williams University takes pride not only in the advancement and success of their students, but their staff and faculty as well.
Easy-going environment but still constructive and fun
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJanuary 19, 2015
Collaborated with a small team of marine biology students to maintain all fish tanks in the lab and keep logs books of when species were fed and when tanks were cleaned. Many daily tests included chemical and pH balance assessments. Other responsibilities were to assemble various shellfishery apparatuses (floating and standing upwellers, drifters, screens, tanks etc) and collect oysters and quahogs biweekly from the Mount Hope Bay to perform analyses for measuring growth of specimens and record specific data. Shellfish data reports encompassed the mass, width and length of bivalves before and after a process that requires the specimen to be dried out. Final step in the process is to send gonadal specimens for further research at other facilities for reproduction counts. Final recordings show that the re-introduction of more bivalves in the Mt. Hope Bay has had an incredibly positive impact on the cleanliness of the water.
Productive and Friendly Workplace
Finance Office Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIJune 24, 2014
The management and co-worker were always willing to help in a friendly manner. I learned to work with systems such as Ellucian. I grew more confident and efficient with excel. I also learned the accounting that comes with working for a non-for-profit organization.
Good Workplace
Student Advocate (Current Employee) –  Bristol RIMay 30, 2014
RWU is a great place to expand your career and meet new people.
My time at RWU
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIApril 11, 2014
I loved everything about this school. I miss it so very much.
The school really cared about the success of their students in work and academics.
enjoyable environment to work in with nice people
Administrative Assistant FSLC (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIMarch 21, 2014
In the Feinstein Center, you get the opportunity to experience office work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment in which you work in and your co-workers.
Tutoring French in your spare time
French Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Rhode IslandFebruary 15, 2014
While going to university, I had the pleasure of working in the tutoring center as a French tutor for my senior year. I would wait in the center for any student who needed help with homework, a project, or anything related to a French course. When not with a student, there was plenty of spare time to work on my own projects or homework.
Pros
productive, peers
Cons
too much spare time
The job advancement was a little tough but, the people who were there have been there for a number of years
prep cook/baker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RISeptember 2, 2013
A typical day at work, would be to start slicing some deli meat for the sandwich/deli bar. I would also have to start and get the desserts done Then I would start on the dressings and sauces that would be used for the day. Then I would have to get the grille ready for the lunch orders. after lunch I would start to slice the vegetables and garnishes for the chef.
I learned a few short cuts, on cutting skills. The management was the best they helped me out when I needed them.
the co-workers that I worked with we're very helpful in teaching me the ropes.
the hardest part of the job, was leaving it
the most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to cook a different ethnic foods.
Pros
they are a very employee oriented
Cons
part time hours
Kitchen Staffer
Exhibition Chef (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIMay 3, 2013
Worked there for six years. Started as a utility worker, made my way up the ranks from crew leader to stock to prep cook to exhibition cook.
Productive place to work, an easy place to work with others
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIApril 29, 2013
Co workers are helpful and knowledgeable.
I was treated fairly as a student working with professionals in a field I was learning about.
Very good place to work
Medical Assistant / Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIApril 3, 2013
Computer work . greeting and escorting patients to rooms, vital signs, lab test. love my job
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
i really enjoy everything about my job
Student centered university
Wet Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIApril 30, 2012
Great work environment with very friendly people who want students to succeed.

4.5