Roger Williams University Employee Reviews

exciting work environment
Office Team - temp. assignment (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJanuary 3, 2017
The students were awesome to work with the staff members were helpful and courteous. The campus is beautiful. A great place to work and grow.
Lots of lab work
Laboratory Researcher (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RINovember 30, 2016
The work was in the laboratory, performing various tasks to further the research project. The difficulties of the lab procedures varied significantly as the research progressed.
custodian
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIOctober 26, 2016
wash and clean floors, vacuum rugs, take out trash, clean bathrooms and wash windows. was a 3rd shift position so my life was work but I did have the chance to take classes for free if I wanted to .
Pros
possibility of higher education
Cons
3rd shift
Fun
Student Admissions Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJuly 15, 2016
Allowed for enrolled students to represent the university and provided training in communication skills as well as data entry and scheduling.
A very fun working environment.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJune 16, 2016
Having a job at my school was a very nice experience. I was able to work with and learn from people with all different backgrounds.
Great Place for Students to Work if interested in Event Operations
Live Audio & Video Technician (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIMay 19, 2016
I find that the director of Event Operations at Roger Williams University, is an effective manager and gives students more than enough opportunity to achieve academically and at the workplace with flexible schedules and the ability to advance quickly within the jobs if the person wishes to.
Educational and interesting
Laboratory Researcher (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIMay 6, 2016
Intensive chemical reactions, but none that I lacked the skillset to perform. Applied my education and knowledge while also gaining more throughout the duration.
Positive Environment and Cheerful staff
Student Advocate (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIMarch 17, 2016
As a student advocate I provide assistance and support to students with academic requirements and adjustments to campus life. This job is about identifying students goals and helping them achieve their vision of success. My co-workers are very helpful and always positive. The hardest part of the job is meeting with students that are rude sometimes because of personal problems but we make sure to help them and make sure they have the college life they wanted.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting students from different part of the world and getting to know their culture and traditions and also learned from them a lot of things that help me to grow more. "Everyone you will meet knows something you don't".
A staff assistant's day
Staff assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIMarch 1, 2016
My most previous place of employment was at Roger Williams University as a staff assistant in the housing department. This job required me to work at the front desk where I would greet students and parents to make them feel welcome and comfortable when they had any questions or a scheduled appointment. I also answered phones and tried my best to be both friendly and helpful. I also created schedules for my other coworkers as well as scheduled appointments. I enjoyed this job because I always felt comfortable asking questions when I needed to and the people I worked with were always helpful and kind to one another. I feel as though treating your peers with respect is the best way to have a successful work environment.
Pros
flexible schedule, friendly coworkers
Loved working there
Student Conduct Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RINovember 9, 2015
The staff was excellent and provided a healthy work environment. I answered phones, filed, organized, and escorted students to their scheduled meetings.
Pros
staff, fun, good hours, balance
Cons
Fun workplace with chance to be noticed.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RINovember 7, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management. Always something to do whether it was inputting health records or coordinating health fairs. The most enjoyable part was working with my colleagues. Very enjoyable job.
Pros
plenty of time to do work, breaks, open hours.
Student friendly job, accommodating those in summer classes
Summer Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIOctober 12, 2015
It was a good job opportunity for me being a student in summer classes on the same campus. Through this I received job experience in managing staff for the summer conferences, including scheduling, transportation, responsibilities in getting staff to complete assigned tasks by given deadlines from upper management.
Pros
Beneficial learning experiences outside of my major
Cons
Not full time
kitchen
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RISeptember 23, 2015
Its an alright work place with supportive management. Not all about the number but how you personally grow and develop. I wish the money had been alot better and as well as annual raises
Challenging Atmosphere
Student Fund Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJuly 20, 2015
This position was technically a class; however I put enough hours a week for it to be considered a full time job. The other students I worked with were great team members.
Educational working environment
Student Advocate, Diversity Leader (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIJune 7, 2015
As a student, it is often hard to balance work with school but at Roger Williams, I am able to do this with the help and support of my professors and supervisors. As a student advocate and diversity leader, I am able to help incoming freshman with the transition into college while still managing my own educational needs. As a diversity leader, I get to learn about and fight for issues that are important to me and become very involved and relied on as a common face on campus.
Pros
working with great students
Not stressful at all
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIJune 1, 2015
Get to work with lots of very good people. Job is satisfying at times. Good job for someone that likes to work with college students.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
bad parking
Productive work enviroment.
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work, would be multiple employees of Roger Williams, performing tasks such as prepping meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the upcoming week(s). Employees are all separated into different departments in the kitchen to get all the tasks done on time. Working at Roger Williams University, I have learned more about time efficiency and how to multi-task more than I already knew how, I also learned a lot of basic knowledge about prep cooking. The management at Roger Williams University is fantastic. If an employee or even another manager needs an answer or help with anything, top of the line management is right there with the correct and most efficient answer. My coworkers are Roger Williams University is no joke, considering just about everyone there loves their job, all tasks get done in a timely order with the help of others from all around. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with what needs to be done, whether it's getting a cleaning task done on time, or actually getting any task done on time, considering all the different jobs going on at once that most employees can handle. Just about anything is enjoyable about being a prep cook at Roger Williams. The different types of food being prep, the techniques to perform a task faster and more efficient is fun to learn.
Pros
Part-time benefits, paid breaks.
Cons
healthcare
SAO Work Study Office Assistant
Diversity Leadership Mentor SA Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIFebruary 20, 2015
Data Entry of Student Advocacy Office Reinstatement/transfers/withdrawals to university.
Office assistance, customer service, answering questions, answering phones, filing paperwork, shredding confidential documents.
Working with first year RWU students to ensure success with transition from high school to college climate.
Psychology/Creative Writing Major (Liberal arts and business studies).
Pros
Hourly scheduled work hours
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement - not progressive enough
Outstanding university to work for.
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 28, 2015
Roger Williams University takes pride not only in the advancement and success of their students, but their staff and faculty as well.
Easy-going environment but still constructive and fun
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJanuary 19, 2015
Collaborated with a small team of marine biology students to maintain all fish tanks in the lab and keep logs books of when species were fed and when tanks were cleaned. Many daily tests included chemical and pH balance assessments. Other responsibilities were to assemble various shellfishery apparatuses (floating and standing upwellers, drifters, screens, tanks etc) and collect oysters and quahogs biweekly from the Mount Hope Bay to perform analyses for measuring growth of specimens and record specific data. Shellfish data reports encompassed the mass, width and length of bivalves before and after a process that requires the specimen to be dried out. Final step in the process is to send gonadal specimens for further research at other facilities for reproduction counts. Final recordings show that the re-introduction of more bivalves in the Mt. Hope Bay has had an incredibly positive impact on the cleanliness of the water.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roger Williams University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4