Roger Williams University

Roger Williams University United States Employee Reviews

SAO Work Study Office Assistant
Diversity Leadership Mentor SA Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bristol, RIFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: hourly scheduled work hours
Cons: not a lot of room for advancement - not progressive enough
Data Entry of Student Advocacy Office Reinstatement/transfers/withdrawals to university.
Office assistance, customer service, answering questions, answering phones, filing paperwork, shredding confidential documents.
Working with first year RWU students to ensure success with transition from high school to college climate.
Psychology/Creative Writing Major (Liberal arts and business studies).
Outstanding university to work for.
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 28, 2015
Roger Williams University takes pride not only in the advancement and success of their students, but their staff and faculty as well.
Easy-going environment but still constructive and fun
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee), Bristol, RIJanuary 19, 2015
Collaborated with a small team of marine biology students to maintain all fish tanks in the lab and keep logs books of when species were fed and when tanks were cleaned. Many daily tests included chemical and pH balance assessments. Other responsibilities were to assemble various shellfishery apparatuses (floating and standing upwellers, drifters, screens, tanks etc) and collect oysters and quahogs biweekly from the Mount Hope Bay to perform analyses for measuring growth of specimens and record specific data. Shellfish data reports encompassed the mass, width and length of bivalves before and after a process that requires the specimen to be dried out. Final step in the process is to send gonadal specimens for further research at other facilities for reproduction counts. Final recordings show that the re-introduction of more bivalves in the Mt. Hope Bay has had an incredibly positive impact on the cleanliness of the water.
Productive and Friendly Workplace
Finance Office Accounting Intern (Current Employee), Bristol, RIJune 24, 2014
The management and co-worker were always willing to help in a friendly manner. I learned to work with systems such as Ellucian. I grew more confident and efficient with excel. I also learned the accounting that comes with working for a non-for-profit organization.
Good Workplace
Student Advocate (Current Employee), Bristol RIMay 30, 2014
RWU is a great place to expand your career and meet new people.
My time at RWU
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bristol, RIApril 11, 2014
I loved everything about this school. I miss it so very much.
The school really cared about the success of their students in work and academics.
enjoyable environment to work in with nice people
Administrative Assistant FSLC (Current Employee), Bristol, RIMarch 21, 2014
In the Feinstein Center, you get the opportunity to experience office work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment in which you work in and your co-workers.
Tutoring French in your spare time
French Tutor (Former Employee), Bristol, Rhode IslandFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: productive, peers
Cons: too much spare time
While going to university, I had the pleasure of working in the tutoring center as a French tutor for my senior year. I would wait in the center for any student who needed help with homework, a project, or anything related to a French course. When not with a student, there was plenty of spare time to work on my own projects or homework.
The job advancement was a little tough but, the people who were there have been there for a number of years
prep cook/baker (Former Employee), Bristol, RISeptember 2, 2013
Pros: they are a very employee oriented
Cons: part time hours
A typical day at work, would be to start slicing some deli meat for the sandwich/deli bar. I would also have to start and get the desserts done Then I would start on the dressings and sauces that would be used for the day. Then I would have to get the grille ready for the lunch orders. after lunch I would start to slice the vegetables and garnishes for the chef.
I learned a few short cuts, on cutting skills. The management was the best they helped me out when I needed them.
the co-workers that I worked with we're very helpful in teaching me the ropes.
the hardest part of the job, was leaving it
the most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to cook a different ethnic foods.
Kitchen Staffer
Exhibition Chef (Former Employee), Bristol, RIMay 3, 2013
Worked there for six years. Started as a utility worker, made my way up the ranks from crew leader to stock to prep cook to exhibition cook.
Productive place to work, an easy place to work with others
Work Study Student (Current Employee), Bristol, RIApril 29, 2013
Co workers are helpful and knowledgeable.
I was treated fairly as a student working with professionals in a field I was learning about.
Very good place to work
Medical Assistant / Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Bristol, RIApril 3, 2013
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: i really enjoy everything about my job
Computer work . greeting and escorting patients to rooms, vital signs, lab test. love my job
Student centered university
Wet Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Bristol, RIApril 30, 2012
Great work environment with very friendly people who want students to succeed.
Challenging yet fun workplace.
Athletic Director Assistant (Current Employee), Bristol, RIMarch 25, 2012
A typical day at work includes answering phones, filing, and assisting coaches & other faculty.
Graduate Resident Assistant position
Graduate Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Bristol, RIMarch 21, 2012
I'm not even sure this position still exists but it was pretty straight forward when I held it.