Roger Williams University Employee Reviews

Great for work study or extra credits
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RINovember 14, 2017
It was what I needed for my final credit for the semester. It job the job accomplished. I wish my mentor would have checked in more with me. I wish my project would have been more meaningful for a research credit.
Admissions Assistant
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RISeptember 12, 2017
Heavy workload with many responsibilities especially when performing the dual duties of tour guide as I did. Supportive staff and managers, reasonable hours but minimum wage.
Productive and fun workplace
Educational Counselor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 12, 2017
I love working here and getting to know all of the amazing people that are in the building.Everyone is always so kind and helpful. No one degrades anyone or makes them feel less than anyone else. Everyone works together to solve issues and prevent new ones from occurring.
volunteering in the wet lab was an excellent start to learning about aquaculture
Aquarist assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIAugust 11, 2017
I would set aside time from studies to work for the wet lab and other programs provided by the university to better understand how aquacutlure can be used not only to grow ornamental aquarium fish but also to provide food to the world.
Underpaid and overworked
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIAugust 2, 2017
As with most internships at a college, you will be severely underpaid. $10 an hour for work that requires most of an engineering degree. My manager in particular was a professor who was 'never wrong', and left most of the legwork to us while she mostly wrote journal papers.
Cons
Low pay, negative environment.
Fun place to be
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJuly 31, 2017
RA job is easy, residence halls are fun, there is free food all of the time and you get to live on the water which is awesome. The campus is small but close to Providence and Newport.
Pros
Beautiful
Cons
Small
Great education with great opportunities
Translator (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 27, 2017
RWU was a a university that provided opportunities to work and learn outside of the classroom. They brought hands on learning to a new level. I am very happy with my education.
Interactive and exciting
Health and Wellness Educator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJuly 13, 2017
Roger Williams is a small, liberal school with a great community of students and faculty. I learned how to effectively reach the student body to educate them on how to best care for themselves. I worked with other staff and faculty while employed at Roger Williams and my experience was always positive. The staff and faculty at this institution are always doing their best to provide for their students and the campus community. I would highly recommend interning or working at this institution.
serve food
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJuly 5, 2017
i started washing dishes and i also work serving food to a lot of student in a fast paste. also learn to be slow and safe so no one be in a harmed way.i enjoy myself a lot working there it felt like home.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
great people
Good workplace
Retail Operations Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIJune 25, 2017
Everyone was like a family so it made you enjoy going to work. You get to interact with the students and make friends and see all the different unique individuals.

Want to know more about Roger Williams University?

Ask a question
Enjoyable place to get paid and finish homework
Media Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJune 22, 2017
For the media services department, at the top of the hour you would go out and set up a laptop or speaker system. Then proceed to come back to headquarters and do what ever you'd like for forty minutes.
Pros
nice walks around campus, down time
Cons
if you mess on, your friends in class will see
Unpleasant place to work
Director, University Advising Center (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJune 20, 2017
Work culture at this school is not particularly healthy. It is difficult for middle management to advance, and it is virtually impossible for middle management to have any real impact on decisions that affect the work they do. Faculty are overpaid and under-worked.
Pros
Dining Commons
Cons
toxic culture
It was all right.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJune 15, 2017
14 years ago, typical kitchen. Nice people, good hours. During the summer we played softball outside during break if the weather was good. Lunch and dinner meals provided.
Overall Fun time working here
Web Development Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIMay 14, 2017
Great school that allows for many opportunities for individuals at the university. The staff was always flexible with requests to allow time to academics. The structure of the class allowed us to learn in a real world environment with real clientele.
Law Library is a great place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIMay 7, 2017
I loved and looked forward to working my scheduled shift. I worked as an undergrad student here, taking care of other students, checking out room keys and fixing technology issues. Management is spectacular, always willing to work with you and positive attitudes.
Lovely
Student Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIApril 26, 2017
I worked here as a Student Admission Assistant. It was a lot of fun and greatly increased my phone conversation abilities. Very accommodating bosses and friendly atmosphere with other students.
Educating work experience
Shellfish Hatchery Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIMarch 30, 2017
Working at the RWU Shellfish Hatchery allowed me to grow as a scientist as well as an individual. I was able to learn skills of hatchery management and laboratory techniques, all while working alongside great individuals and making lifelong companions. The skills and experience gained there will be remembered and used throughout my life
Pros
great team
Cons
no benefits
enjoyable place to work
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIMarch 5, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Roger Williams. I loved my students and they loved me. I received excellent review from my superiors and expected to be employed there for a long time.
Productive and Fun work Place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIFebruary 26, 2017
Great working with the people on this campus. Friendly and active environment where you are pushed to do your best and work hard every day. Encourage coming to work here.
exciting work environment
Office Team - temp. assignment (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJanuary 3, 2017
The students were awesome to work with the staff members were helpful and courteous. The campus is beautiful. A great place to work and grow.