Rogers Corporation Employee Reviews

Stressful due to poor plant management
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, CTOctober 27, 2017
Extremely stressful, management doesn't listen to hourly employees, no management people skills, especially plant manager, quality went from first importance to last,
Pros
Hourly employees very friendly
Cons
Management is terrible, mainly plant manager
A typical day of making foam
Foam Line Oven Operator (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, IL 60188October 2, 2017
I came aboard during a time when a new product was being discovered. It was a struggle every day but with team work we made it work. We learned from one another and put our deals together and tackled the task.
Very good place to work
Associate, Quality Assurance, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85226September 26, 2017
I worked at Rogers for over 30 years. Was let go in layoffs.
I worked in almost every dept. over the years with this company and each dept. was a joy. Very team oriented.
Pros
Team oriented
Professional working environment
Senior Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Killingly, CTSeptember 24, 2017
Professional working atmosphere and potential for career advancement. Fast paced work environment and extremely focused on timely meeting deadlines. Management was approachable and teamwork oriented.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILSeptember 15, 2017
A typical day at work as a supervisor consisted of scheduling production and giving out work assignments, communicating to associates the goals for the day and the plans to achieve them.
monitoring the production process and making sure of the quality of the product, communicating the status of production runs with other departments, reporting production, reading emails. At Rogers, you are given training in all areas of management to acquire new skills or improve present skills. I really enjoyed my time there and the training that I was afforded.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
very structured
Roger's
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 2, 2017
Testing product in Lab is a typical day for Quality department.Copper laminates tested have many uses cell phones, tomahawk missle among others.Quality dept is good to work for Production floor is more manual labor.
OK place to work
UTILITY OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  carol streamMay 17, 2017
If you like being micromanaged by unqualified leads and constantly being watched by adjacent operation supervisors waiting for you to supposedly break plant rules only to report you to your immediate supervisor than this is the place to work
Pros
Decent benefits package
Cons
Too much politics on the plant floor
Too busy with "self"
Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, CTMay 12, 2017
Supervisors and co-workers are too worried about looking good in the eyes of their peers, that they forget to do the tedious, mundane things. This makes more of a workload on others, which isn't fair but it happens.
Terrible place to work Bear De.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEMay 10, 2017
Stay away from this company . This place is real clicky if you don't fit in there clic they will throw you under the bus until you are fired. Worst company I've ever worked for.I personally ended up on anxiety meds from this place. I was made to work unsafely didn't matter to the company. So much more can be said but to sum it up don't even apply here save you sanity and find a better place to apply too.
Pros
Benefits first day
Cons
Back stabbing, bad management., Can't take off to use your medical benefits., Unsafe working conditions.
Fun coworkers, Bad Management
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 26, 2017
No communication whatsoever, you find everything out from a co-worker, benefits aren't really good, they took away all the employees incentive pay and expect the workers to live off what they pay he/she weekly with limited OT, and they have picks amongst employers ex. One can get away with one thing, but if another goes in for the same thing he/she gets written up or terminated and they don't do anything for there employees to let them know they're appreciated... at all, and nothing is confidential
Pros
co-workers
Cons
out of touch managment and Hr
Integrity is foreign to this company.
Operator? (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEApril 23, 2017
The HR department is unreliable. Expect to work a different shift and position than the one you discussed in your interview and then don't expect anyone in HR to admit or care about it. I guess they think the people they hire are so desperate they'll take anything.
The employees are friendly and helpful, but it ends there. You'll work 6 days a week, some 10-12 hour days with little notice.
I would pass on Rogers Corporation. You want a company to at least pretend to value your work.
Pros
Helpful, Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Hr, Management, Frequent Mandatory Overtime
Laid back, but productive place to work
Caster helper, assistant operator (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, CTApril 21, 2017
One of the better jobs ive had.. its pretty laid back as long as your machine is running.. overtime is pretty good. From my experience they are pretty family oriented. Pay and benefits are excellent. Union shop. Its overall a pretty good place.
Pros
Breaks, pay, benefits, people
Productive and fun workplace with ping-pong table
Sr. Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILMarch 8, 2017
They have a very friendly culture and they strive to hire people who work well in groups. There are always a lot of processing challenges and problems, so that keeps the job very challenging but also very busy.
Pros
Clean, safe workplace, very good benefits.
Cons
Very flat structure- no advancement opportunities
Machine Operator I (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, CTMarch 7, 2017
Union company, new CEO has made conditions less than satisfactory good atmosphere laid back three shifts with differential company incentives for attending meetings
Horrible Management/ Supervisors
Manufacturing Attendant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, CTJanuary 24, 2017
Worked there 5 years of which 3 of them weren't bad but my last 2 years were horrible!!! Was being harassed and threatened by another employee so I stood up for myself and had a confrontation with the employee and all the union and management did was send me to anger management claiming it was all my fault. Had my tires popped and my car keyed and nothing was fixed. Honestly should have sued the company. So my advice to you stay away from this place the $$$ isn't worth the harassment you will receive!!!
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Union is terrible and they dont back you.
Nice Place
BENEFITS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rogers, CTJanuary 10, 2017
Great Place to Work Good Salary and the benefits manager is the best. Lots of long time employees great food. lots of gadgets
Pros
Pizza
Cons
located in middle of nowhere
N/a
Pure Love Learning Center (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GANovember 30, 2016
I love the job cause i love the kids. Now this is not that huge cooperation you may think but a loving warm invirment to transition yourself in a great way. This a daycare center.
Pros
Learning something new
No room for advancement
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEOctober 22, 2016
Pros
The people you work with is the most positive thing about this place (co-workers)
Cons
everything else
Productive and safe to work.
Engineering assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 25, 2016
Good job ethics, respect between all co-workers on each level. Safe and clean work enviroment. Training-work- documentation well match.
Pros
good benefits, bonus program.
Cons
lay-offs.
gain experience
Operator (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 1, 2016
Can be an easy job. But stressful when lack of help is given or employees dont play as a team. Seems stable but who knows. Pay is ify. But as long as the little people fill the big peoples pocket with bonuses thsts what matters.
Pros
idk yet. gaining more experience
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8