Rogers Electric Employee Reviews in United States

Rogers
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2016
Its like working for a temp agency. They expect you to call in daily (6am) and beg for work. Some people get 60 hours a week while others are lucky in they break 20. That my experience with them.
Pros
upper management
Cons
lower management.
corporate needs a major overhaul
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 13, 2016
pay is below avg. they want you to travel all the time , hotel after hotel . Night after night.
When a job is local your lucky if its just an hour away . Poor organization, and communication from Corprate managers . Roughly 4 months out the year its so slow. you will barley make it by if u saved. Half of all the techs are avg. the other half are survivors and wanna bees.
Most the time you drive more then you work.
They have helpers as leads and certified electricans as helpers to sum it up . Im quitting soon.
Pros
Company vehicle, gas card, computer, phone, work alone alot.
Cons
Nights, long drives, short hours & checks.
Rogers Electric
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 6, 2016
Rogers is what you make of it , the work is basically service and not
technically advanced electrical work . It is basically doing work orders for the company daily . maintain work vehicle .
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
cannot guarantee hours and you could be placed anywhere in US, or just sitting at home with no hours
Terrible place to work.
Lighting Technician (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 25, 2016
Always on the road the play doesn't match the work you do. Management sucks lack in communication. The hours are long leaving little time for a home life.
Nice work atmosphere
Payroll and Benefits Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 13, 2016
Learned a lot in regards to cost accounting, benefits, budgeting, financial management accounting, and inter-company transactions.
Worst company ever
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kitty Hawk NC, Elizabeth City NC, Ahoskie NCFebruary 22, 2016
Pay sucks!! Hours suck!! Company sucks
But If you like working nights without getting night differential pay, driving 2 hours 1 way without getting paid driving home without getting paid, and not getting paid mileage/wear for driving your personal vehicle go for it. You start at 9 pm and work till you finish which is usually 9-10 am working at Walmart. Next day you drive further and do same thing. Never again will I work for a company that's not locale. They do take care of there employees that they have sent from there Head quarters with company vehicles.
Pros
Cons
Whole Company
fun company
Service Electrician (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 2, 2016
always keep you busy,with lots of overtime,and really good foremans, and coworkers and really good company cars and company cell phones
Management sucks
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 18, 2015
Hard to get 40 hours, management has no clue what they are doing, nether does the dispatchers. Send you on calls weeks late and store management has others to complete calls. Don't apply!!
Pros
Work by yourself
Cons
Dispatch has no clue as to what they are doing
The employees you worked with are the people that made your day smoothe.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,Ga.October 22, 2015
it was a good work environment just a lot of miscommunication with having materials for different jobs applications. The supervisor were good people to work with there not in there mode at. I also didn't like how they did raises because of the traveling situation, that depended on were u working nights or days.
Pros
predeem weekly
Cons
1 hour lunches
the truth of this company
tech (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta GAOctober 12, 2015
Atlanta tech. Hired in a service guy, never did one call. All "roll outs"
Told them at hire I cannot do nights, the 6 weeks I was there, 90% was overnight work. There is no set schedule. I got ONE 40 hour week in the 6 weeks I was there. Usually get 20-30 at best.
Then no work for the week. You make other plans, then phone blows up and you're being told you have to drop everything and go work overnight in another state.

Their safety stuff sounds good, they expect you to wear a blast suit, face shield, and rubber gloves over LEATHER... if you do hot work. knowing darn well you cant work with that stuff on. AND, you CAN'T shut down the panel because the business is open and it will shut them down. Their safety program is to cover THEIR butt.

You do get a newer van or truck, that has a rev. limit of 70 mph. which sucks when you want to get home at 8am you do get a laptop or tablet, and are expected to check every hour it seems.

the overall work is pretty easy, but they expect you to bounce between days, or over nights with little warning. {like a day} So imagine working days 2-3 days, then get a call for overnight the following day. At my age, that is hard to do. And it happened ALL the time.

I made it 6 weeks and said the heck with it..there are too many jobs out there to have to put up with that.
Pros
Van, credit and gas card. hotel card
Cons
wont get 40, overnight without warning, no communication
Great Company, Great Environment and THEY CARE!
Service Electrician-Technician (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 11, 2015
I've been an electrician here for over 10 years. I've seen a lot of growth in the company and I really like where they are headed.
As an Electrician, I get to see the front lines and work with the customers and managers at the stores we work at. I communicate with my managers, my dispatchers, my assistants and they are all attentive.
This company CARES.
It's a safe company, they always say 'Safety First'. We have a safety meeting every month, we are reminded of the meetings and get calls and emails about the meetings. Rogers wants us to be safe, they want us to go home to our families.
We have great health insurance! And we get email reminders when it's open enrollment season because they WANT us to keep our family insured and keep us healthy.
Rogers motto is 'The power to get the job done' and that's just what they do!
Pros
Safety, Communication, Attentiveness, Great Benefits!
Cons
None! It's a great company to work for!
Project manager
Electrical Foreman over Retail Projects (Former Employee) –  TN, and GAJune 14, 2015
Project manager for retail:
Home Depot
Lowes
Best Buy

Also running service Van and Parking lot lighting
Performed all Hot work
caveat emptor
Service Electrician (Former Employee) –  sacramento, caMay 6, 2015
I started working for rogers a few weeks ago. And last night I quit. There's a major problem there. No one communicates. YOU WILL work alot. I was doing 15 hr days. Bad part is their workday begins at midnight. So they effectively cut overtime pay by more than half.
the week I came to work for them 1 tech quit. 1 gave them a week notice. One put in his two weeks and got a raise. And the other put in his two weeks. In the few weeks I was there all but one tech left or was leaving. They do not take care of their guys. ya the bonus thing looks great but it's not worth working there unless you love killing yourself for nothing in return.
Pros
they paid for alot, company phone, gas card, van, and paid drive time
Cons
the workday that started at midnight, driving alot, working a long day then driving home
If You Like Nepotism, This Is The Place For You!
Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 25, 2015
If you don't care about raises or promotions, this place is perfect. Family run business that routinely hires husband and wife teams... sometimes even the extended family (brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts) of those teams/managers.

If you're in the club, you're golden. Requires brown-nosing for sure.
If you come in as an outsider and aren't an a**-kisser, forget it. You will always be considered an outsider.

For the last few years I was on board, there were no reviews given, and the question of a cost-of-living raise was avoided at all costs by management and the Rogers family. My last raise was 25 cents an hour, that was after 3 years of service.

You will notice that the same people keep getting promoted, and you are passed over even though you may have had glowing reviews in the past.

In recent years the company cut out sick days (you have to take PTO when you are ill), shaved off 2 days of PTO per year (the daughter of the owner, who is also the HR "VP" - conflict of interest, anyone? - sent out an e-mail on CHRISTMAS EVE to announce the reduction of PTO) and went to insurance that was cheaper for the company and more costly for employees. As a result, some employees had to get their insurance from another source.

You are issued a company phone and expected to be available 24/7, even if you are not a manager, not officially on-call and not salaried.

Highly stressful environment. The company does not care about employees (unless you are part of the "club" - and management) and will happily use you for years, then throw you away. BEWARE if you do a good
  more... job... they will keep you in the same role for years and years. Sometimes for the entire term of your employment.

Elitist and in many cases vindictive management.

My advice? Avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
Some Coworkers Are Good People
Cons
Good Old Boy Network, No Longer Giving Yearly Raises, Bonuses Have Been Cut... for SOME People
A service and maintainace company for electricians.
Lead tech (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 26, 2015
Long hours and they dispute every hour you do. Managers usually had no clue what your job is except that it took to long and just do what they tell you to do mentality. Not taking the advise of their own electrician. If like to travel a lot and stay in $75.00 hotels then it's for you.
travel travel travel
Lead Electrician (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 23, 2015
Rogers is a great company to work for. I've been with them for over 3 years. You will put some miles on the road that is for sure, on their engine of course. Some projects they will give you what's called a cookbook of what needs to be done and where devices need to go. Most projects you do it as you see best. Mostly, you'll be the only electrician on site but occationally you help other electeicians or have help Temps or other rogers guys. A lot if night work, and a lot of day work and both. You can hit it tough and put 25hr on the clock or kick back and recuperate in between tasks. Most of the electricians are top notch people and highly skilled electricians. We Work on a little bit of data/low volt but mostly 120,277,480vac.
They have a policy of no energized work. I have worked in 17 different states and get to see regional electrical code, which is pretty cool and interesting. This company is great. There is stress here, but that's always a personal issue! Be safe. Don’t get bit.
Pros
company truck, order your own material, work work work
Cons
the radio stations when driving
Not the nicest place to work
AP Billing (Former Employee) –  AlpharettaFebruary 13, 2015
Very strict company rules! Company is negative towards other divisions w/in itself. Upper mgmnt is joke especially HR who has nothing better to do but spy on it's employees.
Pros
work out facility and classes during lunch time
Cons
low pay, stuck-up upper mgmnt, little rm for advancement
Overall a good company to work for.
service tech (Current Employee) –  san diego,caFebruary 8, 2015
Safety is job one.
Typical day. log in to work order, drive to job site, check in with site manager, review the details of the work. complete work, 2 to 6 hours.
log all material into work order, drive to next job site.

pros:
company
phone, truck, gas card, etc.

cons:
working when stores are open.
Pros
big box store job sites.
Cons
working nights, extended commute time.
Rogers has good and bad
REGIONAL SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  EverywhereJanuary 19, 2015
Rogers Electric is a ever growing company with tons of potential. I have learned and experienced a lot working here. Rogers provides a product that i believe is better on a national level then anyone else can provide. But Rogers Electric has negative as well. There are a lot of talented people that work with the company that have a hard time feeling appreciated. The pat on the back is always followed by the smack down. I mean we all do everything we can to make the company money and we always do well but it is never good enough to just say thank you without the but you could have done more. Sometimes enough is enough and a good job is exactly that a good job. I believe Rogers will continue to grow and make a great amount of money but without regard for those that make it happen. Rogers has grown so much so fast I am not sure they know how to deal with all that is involved. I hope they will one day consider that the bottom line is not the only thing that matters.
No advancement
Electrician Helper (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
My day usually starts with a 2 hour drive to whatever location we are working at. Meet with customer, unload man lift. Start working on light fixtures that need attention (lamps,ballasts).

I have gained a basic knowledge of ac electric 110,208,277 and 480v. How to diagnose and troubleshoot problems with electrical circuits.

The management does not offer any advancement opportunities.

The coworkers are arrogant and usually lacking in safety protocol and general knowledge of what is needed to complete the job.

The hardest part of the job is the fact that management is in Georgia. Almost all communication is done via email and getting a response for basic questions can take days, if at all.

The actual work is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
coworkers, management, no advancement

2.9