Rogers Electric

Rogers Electric Employer Reviews

Not the nicest place to work
AP Billing (Former Employee), AlpharettaFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: work out facility and classes during lunch time
Cons: low pay, stuck-up upper mgmnt, little rm for advancement
Very strict company rules! Company is negative towards other divisions w/in itself. Upper mgmnt is joke especially HR who has nothing better to do but spy on it's employees.
Overall a good company to work for.
service tech (Current Employee), san diego,caFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: big box store job sites.
Cons: working nights, extended commute time.
Safety is job one.
Typical day. log in to work order, drive to job site, check in with site manager, review the details of the work. complete work, 2 to 6 hours.
log all material into work order, drive to next job site.

pros:
company
phone, truck, gas card, etc.

cons:
working when stores are open.
Rogers has good and bad
REGIONAL SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), EverywhereJanuary 19, 2015
Rogers Electric is a ever growing company with tons of potential. I have learned and experienced a lot working here. Rogers provides a product that i believe is better on a national level then anyone else can provide. But Rogers Electric has negative as well. There are a lot of talented people that work with the company that have a hard time feeling appreciated. The pat on the back is always followed by the smack down. I mean we all do everything we can to make the company money and we always do well but it is never good enough to just say thank you without the but you could have done more. Sometimes enough is enough and a good job is exactly that a good job. I believe Rogers will continue to grow and make a great amount of money but without regard for those that make it happen. Rogers has grown so much so fast I am not sure they know how to deal with all that is involved. I hope they will one day consider that the bottom line is not the only thing that matters.
No advancement
Electrician Helper (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: coworkers, management, no advancement
My day usually starts with a 2 hour drive to whatever location we are working at. Meet with customer, unload man lift. Start working on light fixtures that need attention (lamps,ballasts).

I have gained a basic knowledge of ac electric 110,208,277 and 480v. How to diagnose and troubleshoot problems with electrical circuits.

The management does not offer any advancement opportunities.

The coworkers are arrogant and usually lacking in safety protocol and general knowledge of what is needed to complete the job.

The hardest part of the job is the fact that management is in Georgia. Almost all communication is done via email and getting a response for basic questions can take days, if at all.

The actual work is the most enjoyable part of the job.
current employee
current employee (Current Employee), Atlanta GaDecember 26, 2014
Pros: decent truck
Cons: not enough space here
They tell you its going to be flat out wirk then they actually let days go by without contacting you for work. Your time is expefted "to the minute" the office will nit pik you to death. Buying materials is a whole nother problem. If they cant deal with you at the moment its suggested to Quote the job off
Do yourselves a favor brothers with all the ads that i see here for electricians. "Pass this one over my friend"
You are also have a half hour time deduction for travel per day.
Theyre really not used to desling with "Real Electricians"
Oh and one other thing. The traveling safety person they have will literally sneak up on you. Sit in the parking lot and surveill you. It will happen
get to work independently
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Edison, NJNovember 23, 2014
Pros: work indepedently
Cons: most all work is at night when normal people are asleep
great company to work for if you are into working nights i am not but i did it.
An unpredictable enviroment
Foreman Assistant (Former Employee), Alphareta, GaNovember 14, 2014
Pros: benefits and everything company paid was a plus
Cons: it's seasonal
While working for this company, I really got to experience things I thought I would never experience. I traveled most of the time on the east coast. I learned things about electrical worker. So with the team I worked with, it wasn't only work it was more like an apprenticeship because I was allowed to learn along the way. It was nothing hard about this job because I was eager to learn, and I am teachable. I loved this job. So did my wife. We traveled most of the time but it also gave me time with family as well.
Horrible management they only care about their bonuses
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 18, 2014
Cons: health insurance and 401k
They will work you into the ground make you work injured and tell you not to file a work mans compensation claim if you get hurt! You will work days and nights! Overtime is great but it gets to be over kill after awhile. They will send terrible temp labor. No support from the office that is out of state and you will never meet your supervisor. Your dispatchers only care about your completion codes so they get paid their bonuses. Only use this company until something better comes along.
Don't wast your time
Service technician (Former Employee), The NortheastSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: company truck and sometimes good hours
Cons: extremely bad health coverage, work is not always there. they also lie to the techs anytime the get the opportunity
I worked for this company for over 5 years and it was a good company to work for. The pros are you do get a truck, gas card computer and phone. The work always was up and down. If you were a good tech, you would always be busy. The work was mostly roll outs and service work. If you don't mind working the hours. You can make OK money. To the management they think we make big money. Which is far from being correct. The managers are a big jokes. They think they know everything about electrical. But the truth is most of them have never been on a electrical job before. The health insurance that they provide is a complete joke. You pay out a big piece from your paycheck every week for junk coverage. The insurance may be good to the south part of this country. But for the rest of the country it sucks. It does not cover anything. So be prepared to pay out a big deductible to your doctor or hospital. Also if they get slow. They won't lay you off. They will give you a max if that of 20hours and that will all you will get for the week. So be prepared to file for half of unemployment.
rewiew
SERVICE TECHNICIAN - FORMAN (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: gas, per-diem, bonuses and christmas gilf
Cons: heathcare, 411 k
I can start today.

I learned to work safe and go home safe..
I learned good care of the customers or clients.
Rogers electric is a very good company.
they take good care of their employees.
I like working for rogers electric. they lay me off for lack of work.
Great place to work for!!
Project Manager / Estimator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Scope of work is at a fast tempo. The experience taken from job is priceless.
Growing Fast, great company some growing pains
Project Assistant (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: hourly, time and half overtime, free work out trainer, early fridays
Cons: not a lot of opportunity for women move up, start pay rate low, lost of job shifting
Flexible hours, lots of phone calls, working with several manager with different opinions on how to do things. Hardest part of the job is the shifting of expectations on your time daily. Best part freedom to do your job and make time up. Great extras - jeans day, free coffee machine, early Fridays and still get paid.
Driving
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee), Edison, NJJuly 8, 2014
Pros: you're paid for the travel time
Cons: miscommunication between management and workers
This job entails tons of driving and if that is perfect for you then you will have a great time with this company. Constantly being on the road and then having to go to different stores and interact with many different managers and associates that will keep you busy. Jobs are always different on almost a daily basis.
Great company with Excellent pay, benefits, and true "team work" values
Service Technician (Current Employee), Lees Summit, MOJune 2, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, steady work, working from laptop
Rogers Electric is a company you can honestly plan on retiring from. I leave the house every day but don't feel I'm working. The organization, from corporate down to each division office, is comitted to great customer service and a safe work environment not only for the customer but each employee. Every one works as a team to accomplish the same goal.
Even though the company is one of the largest in the US, it maintains the feel of a small family owned business but with the added bonus of great benefits, which are a company truck,fuel card, credit card, great pay, increased pay for night work, vacation, personal time off, medical, life, and dental insurance, 401k, furnished laptop, cell phone, and digital camera, and that's not to mention the safety equipment and tools the company provides.
Each tech works remotely and reports to their division office via laptop so there's no need to drive your own vehicle to the companies shop which is an added benefit.
If you have the experience, a great customer service attitude, maintain a safe work environment, and the team player attitude, this is the place to be. All others need not apply because we are the best of the best.
Amazing Career, Rewarding Work, Ever Expanding
Service Electrician (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 29, 2014
Pros: work vehicle, supplies, great paying, work conditions ( inside 99%)
Cons: sometimes you can live far from the office you work for
Its a very rewarding work place. Its always changing. It is a top paying company in this field. At times they let you work as much as you can but they never force it. RIght now we are doing a big out of town project and they will fly you home or let you drive home when you need to, it definitely keeps moral up. The management is great, always positive and mindful of the employees needs. When you go above and beyond they always notice. Ive worked for other companies and Ive never been taken care of this well. Great Work Vehicle, Great Communication, as long as you keep track of you inventory you always have the right stuff for the job. The hardest part of the job is responding to everyone in a timely manner, conference calls and such. Some times you might have a really really long work night, and alot of people dont realise that your sleeping in the daytime and they want feed back. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexability. They let you take on as much work as you want. Some guys complain about missing out on some jobs, but its only because they have avoided jobs in the past. If your there for Rogers, Rogers is always there for you.
Rewarding place to work with opportunity for travel.
Service Electrician (Current Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: company truck, insurance, paid holidays and vacation. plenty of overtime.
Cons: sometimes it is long hours.
Working here provides many opportunities for growth, learning and advancement in the electrical field. Many electricians find advancement from the field to the office. It is one of the the premier places I have worked. Most of the time there is overtime to be worked. When work slows a little we are usually looking for the break. Over the last few years I don't think we were very slow during the holidays, when most work slows.

When I came on to work here they were offing health, vision, and dental insurance. Vacation, holiday, and shift differtial pay. You will drive alot but you are paid to drive the same as you are paid to work. We work with major retailers during resets, many times we are waiting for them to complete thier task so we can start ours. The work is easy most of it is cookie cutter. It is mostly inside, not out in the summer sun, or the winter snow or rain. The insurance is good, it is also less expensive than the goverment marketplace.

There are not many companies that reward their employees as well. One week vacation after a year, two weeks after two years, and three weeks after five years.
Rapid growing company
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), NortheastMay 18, 2014
Pros: company truck, plenty of overtime, talented group of electrcians
Cons: temp helpers
I have worked at Rogers Electric for 18 months. In that time I have gotten to work with a great group of guys that are willing to express there ideas and let me voice my ideas to come up with the best way to complete the job. Rogers Electric is a company that is growing at a rapid pace and has plenty of retail stores they provide service work and reset work too. With so much work to be completed the company is willing to get you licensed in as many states as possible. The company pays for any exspense that is incurred with your license. The company also gives you a vechile to use to get to the job and home. They pay for the gas, highway tolls, hotels or anything else that is job releated. Working for Rogers Electric is like being my own boss everyday, they assign me work to complete and I orded my material and do the job my way. As long as the job gets completed in a timely manner and is to the NEC I won't hear from the boss.
Rogers- A great place to work!
Service Electrician (Current Employee), Northern CaliforniaMay 17, 2014
Pros: pay, overtime, company vehicle, knowledgable service managers
I have been with Rogers Electric for almost a year.

If you ask them for overtime to get a little extra $$ in your pocket they will oblige you quickly! Most of the year there is more than enough work available.

I was really impressed with this company over the holidays when things slowed down a bit and the dispatchers worked hard to keep all of us as equally busy as possible so no one went without work.

Rogers provides a vehicle for work use, and they provide gas and all required maintenance.

At Rogers you will encounter a wide variety of electrical tasks, keeping your skills fresh.

Safety is a Top Priority at Rogers, and all PPE is provided.

The office staff is also quick to help out whenever they are needed. Accurate Paychecks always arrive on time.
Good Company to grow with , if looking for long time employment .
Senior Service Tech (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 15, 2014
Pros: steady work, great benifits, friendly office staff
Cons: sometime have to travel, night work
Very adventurous job , room to learn different aspecs of electrical systems that can't be learned from book . Room to grow with Company .Freindly office staff
This is a great company to work for!
tech electrician (Current Employee), Edison, NJMay 15, 2014
Pros: you get your own transportation, they'll give you training for better knowledge, checks comes on time, if you work hard enough you'll get rewarded
Great working environment, great communication between upper management and service dispatchers. I enjoy working with all the employees. First time working for this company and i had no regrests choosing this company to work for, great experience. If you work hard you can achieve higher goals and move on.

1 2 3

About Rogers Electric

Rogers Electric is one of the country’s leading electrical, lighting and technology solutions service providers for retail, – Read more