Rogers Electric Employee Reviews

great work ethic
ELECTRICIAN HELPER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 25, 2017
great work and staff, environment was balanced, work load was great, challenging mind set everyday with tasks, its great to build something with your hands and when the lights come on its fantastic
Great working environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  AlpharettaOctober 3, 2017
Rogers Electric has a really friendly and supportive work environment that provides the opportunities to be part of a successful company. Benefits are plenty with the most important being the emphasis towards work-life balance. The rate of development can be really fast when working efficiently and going the extra mile. Overall, a very positive experience.
Pros
Supportive environment, fair work-life balance
Good career
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2017
Fun and friendly work environment most of it is all independent and time consuming, everyone is friendly and willing to help out you use many ladders and lifts lots of heavy lifting and hard work
So far so good...
Temp extraordinaire (Current Employee) –  Somewhere in the MidwestAugust 10, 2017
So I have only been on as a temp so far but this seems like a pretty good company. They do seem to work you like a three legged mule but hey I don't really care...they pay well for this area, they pay you full scale to drive (who does that?), They pay you for a hotel, they pay you about $30.00 bucks a day per diem...no complaints from me.

I guess if you have worked other places and driven hundreds of miles for no pay or gas you may have a different opinion. They work you hard but such is life. I think sometimes people will complain if you hang them with a new rope. It could certainly be worse.

All in all I like the people I have worked with. I don't know a lot about the company but I like that they pile more work on you if you can produce. There does not seem to be a lot of "long term" employees. I am not really surprised only because a relentless schedule can take it's toll on anyone. I don't mind working here but I would like to get hired on full time to get a truck, gas card and all the other perks that go with it. I don't care so much about healthcare or other stuff and I don't have much of a social life so working out of town is not too bad.

My goal is to travel and make new friends, see new areas of the country and get paid to stay in a hotel. They seem to offer good choices for hotels so I don't have anything to complain about really. I think it is noteworthy that sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. When you get too many employees it can be overwhelming to really know which way is up and so people can find something to complain
  more... about. Just put it into perspective. I like the employees I have met so far and like any job there are things that could be better but certainly things could be worse. I cannot complain.  less
Pros
Lots of work, paid drive time, paid hotels, flexible hotel accommodations, family of workers
Cons
Can't think of any...I have definitely worked at much worse places
Overall Great Place To Work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 3, 2017
I have been working with Rogers Electric for a few years now, its a great company. They continue to grow and expand new was to provide a great work place. Very family friendly and they do not micro manage. If you work hard and take innovative you will succeed here.
Pros
Early day on Friday's, Gym on site, great work life balance, team work, paid time off and holidays, decent benefits
Cons
poor communication from upper management, No sick days, corp office cant decide when to use PTO, must be used until exhausted
Nice and Ok
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 26, 2017
It was a nice place to work but don't give pay raises to often they stress you out and you will be going behind people that don't want to work hard to get answers when on the job.
Pros
Work at your pace
Cons
No understanding
ok
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2017
Guys running the show dont know much and are terrible to the temps that prove to know more than them at times but there are a few good foreman's ive worked with in the past
Good job
Electrician (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 6, 2017
Alwaywork to do this is a good company to work for if you like to travel away from home. Ok pay ok per den get you a room if you travel nice hours if you what
this is a horibile job
Helper (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 8, 2017
You never where you gonna be working the next day. It's barely any communication between management and workers, it's long hours and not enough pay for the work at hand.
Solid Company, but can get stressful
Commercial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 10, 2017
Rogers was a great place to work. Very flexible, but can be demanding at times. It was nothing to have to put over 12 hours in as needed. Your managers and dispatchers will work with you every step of the way if you get in over your head. You're given a vechicle, gas card, company credit card, lodging care, tablet, and iPhone. A lot of times you are driving most of the day which can cut into your work time. The biggest knock would be going from days to overnights and back to days, but if you're tired, let your dispatcher know and they have no problem letting you get rest time. You're paid for your travel after 30 minutes to and from the job site. The only other knock I had was the conference calls, which are easily missed if you're driving and sleeping from working an overnight. I had never worked in commercial and they have no problems putting you with someone until you're comfortable, just be honest with them.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
on call, conference calls, some very long shifts.
Great Expectations, Low end results
Electrical Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 11, 2017
A great Company to work for, unfortunately the left hand of the home office does not understand what the right hand of the home office does or how they do it. In, short, I was brought in at a rate of pay that made me too expensive to put on a job site due to budget plans. I was therefore let go due to unemployability. I wish I could have stayed with the Company because I had a blast. The culture was second to none. I learned alot in the short time I was with the Company
Pros
learning and culture
Cons
incompetence of admin aspect of Home Office
Great job to travel with.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 15, 2017
Although its not everyday work. it is something to look forward to!
people are great to work with, and they do pay miles. just would like to become fulltime.
Pros
pay for miles
Cons
not full time
Productive day
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 11, 2017
Capable of reading blueprints, running and blending conduits. Perform the basic tasks of repairing and installing electrical systems for commercial construction and maintaining electrical equipment, wiring, terminating panels and transformers. Dig trenches and excavations by use of hand tools and power equipment under general supervision. Pull and identify wire colors and conductors accurately and the assembling of pre-fabricated systems. Assist in underground conduit installation and general construction. Assist in mounting, securing, installing electrical raceways, fixtures and systems. Install and service light fixtures, receptacles, electrical control systems and connect wires to transformers.
Operates platform, boom, scissor and forklifts.
Ok company to work for.
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 10, 2017
Management will throw you under the bus faster then a blink of an eye, so will the techs when they over hire in your area and certain techs are not getting there 40.
Pros
You are pretty much your own boss.
Cons
They say we are brothers in blue, but that does not apply here.
All around good job
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Raystown Lake, PAJanuary 23, 2017
Other workers are great guys always had fun on the job and work went by fast. Never had to travel to far and helped pay for hotels
Lots of travel, good pay
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA 30005January 15, 2017
Expect to travel long distances and be in and out of hotels for weeks.

The pay is decent to start off with as an apprentice electrician but do not expect to get taught much if you plan on taking the lineman exam.
Bad company
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Ripley, WVDecember 1, 2016
There is no training on their system. So starting out they feed you to the wolves. NO materials everyone is scared of getting fired. So no help from other techs . KNIVES in the back. I about lost everything over them. THEY don't have any communication. Just want to email. So they can cover their but or show what ever they want. PURE sad how they treat people. N lindsey rogers thinks she's better then any employee. We was not worth her time.
something new everyday
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 18, 2016
I enjoyed working at Rogers because it was always completing a project and moving to another location . It wasn't so much staying long period of times like 3 year projects etc .
This company will use you up and spit you out once you have lost your usefulness. There is no concern for work/life balance.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 29, 2016
This company pays well but the good stops there. High shift differential for night work. Company truck and gas card. Paid for travel after 30 minutes at the start and end of the day.

Time is tracked on a laptop. Trucks have GPS units that track your movement. Every minute you are logged in but not traveling is questioned and you are treated like a crook if there is a problem. Any questions about your time comes from the Atlanta office and no one there is nice.

You are expected to answer your phone 24/7 and work more than 16 hours straight if they need it. They will drive someone from another city into your area and let you sit at home without working 40 hours because management likes them better. When the other person screws the job up management will call you to come in and complete the job regardless of the number of hours you just worked or how far you are from the job site.

Management is terrible. They are not electricians. They are not leaders. They are not even managers. This company is going downhill fast. It will either be sold or out of business in a few years. Customers are getting fed up with the poor service. Field employee quality gets worse with every new hire. Field employees walk into a buzz saw for most jobs because management has upset the customer with their lack of ability.

Extremely high turnover. Very few field employees have over 5 years at Rogers and almost none have over 10 years. After several raises it is cheaper for them to starve you out and hire someone else for less money. If you file for partial unemployment they let you go. You
  more... have to leave the company to feed your family because you do not get 40 hours per week. No concern for you or your family. Only concern is about the company.

This used to be a great place to work. But changes in management sent this company down the toilet. Any electrician worth anything should not work here. You will not be respected by anyone in management. Office staff acts like they know everything but really has no clue what we do in the field.

If you are NOT interested in a personal life and DO NOT care if you DO NOT hit 40 hours every week...this is the place for you. You can continuously screw up and not be fired because they are so hard up for people. Just look at the searches they have open across the country. Especially in the Midwest.
Pros
Money, truck and gas card
Cons
Management, hours, lack of concern for employees
Not A Great Place To Work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  KentuckySeptember 23, 2016
I worked for this company for 2 years and started out as a Service Tech then somehow became a Rollout Tech in no time. If you like missing family functions such as birthdays, anniversaries and holidays then this is where you need to work. Many of these were missed for me. The money does not compensate for the time missed from family, I was on the road a lot. After being employed here 2 years, I got hurt on the job where I was locked in at a Best Buy, my injury occurred around 4:00 am but I was not allowed to leave until the job was completed around 10:00 and even then it was not complete so I left to get medical attention. After being up for 31 hours straight, I got assistance and was told to see my doctor when I returned home. I did that and was told that I needed to see a hand specialist, did that too, and ended up having surgery 2 days later. After being on Workers Comp for 3 months, Rogers Electric terminated me for misconduct constantly on the job. Very funny because I was never given a warning or notice of such. They even denied my employment for the same issue. That is ok because while I was on Workers Comp, I was seeking other employment. I applied for a job on line and was hired prior to my termination from Rogers so denying my unemployment was not a big issue. If I were you and looking for electrical work, this is not the place to go. Go elsewhere.
Pros
Gas card, truck, hotel card
Cons
Long hours, money not great, miss lots of holidays with family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Electric. Our community is ready to answer.