Rogers Electric Employee Reviews in United States

Nice work atmosphere
Payroll and Benefits Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 13, 2016
Learned a lot in regards to cost accounting, benefits, budgeting, financial management accounting, and inter-company transactions.
The employees you worked with are the people that made your day smoothe.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,Ga.October 22, 2015
it was a good work environment just a lot of miscommunication with having materials for different jobs applications. The supervisor were good people to work with there not in there mode at. I also didn't like how they did raises because of the traveling situation, that depended on were u working nights or days.
Pros
predeem weekly
Cons
1 hour lunches
Great Company, Great Environment and THEY CARE!
Service Electrician-Technician (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 11, 2015
I've been an electrician here for over 10 years. I've seen a lot of growth in the company and I really like where they are headed.
As an Electrician, I get to see the front lines and work with the customers and managers at the stores we work at. I communicate with my managers, my dispatchers, my assistants and they are all attentive.
This company CARES.
It's a safe company, they always say 'Safety First'. We have a safety meeting every month, we are reminded of the meetings and get calls and emails about the meetings. Rogers wants us to be safe, they want us to go home to our families.
We have great health insurance! And we get email reminders when it's open enrollment season because they WANT us to keep our family insured and keep us healthy.
Rogers motto is 'The power to get the job done' and that's just what they do!
Pros
Safety, Communication, Attentiveness, Great Benefits!
Cons
None! It's a great company to work for!
corporate needs a major overhaul
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 13, 2016
pay is below avg. they want you to travel all the time , hotel after hotel . Night after night.
When a job is local your lucky if its just an hour away . Poor organization, and communication from Corprate managers . Roughly 4 months out the year its so slow. you will barley make it by if u saved. Half of all the techs are avg. the other half are survivors and wanna bees.
Most the time you drive more then you work.
They have helpers as leads and certified electricans as helpers to sum it up . Im quitting soon.
Pros
Company vehicle, gas card, computer, phone, work alone alot.
Cons
Nights, long drives, short hours & checks.
caveat emptor
Service Electrician (Former Employee) –  sacramento, caMay 6, 2015
I started working for rogers a few weeks ago. And last night I quit. There's a major problem there. No one communicates. YOU WILL work alot. I was doing 15 hr days. Bad part is their workday begins at midnight. So they effectively cut overtime pay by more than half.
the week I came to work for them 1 tech quit. 1 gave them a week notice. One put in his two weeks and got a raise. And the other put in his two weeks. In the few weeks I was there all but one tech left or was leaving. They do not take care of their guys. ya the bonus thing looks great but it's not worth working there unless you love killing yourself for nothing in return.
Pros
they paid for alot, company phone, gas card, van, and paid drive time
Cons
the workday that started at midnight, driving alot, working a long day then driving home
Worst company ever
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kitty Hawk NC, Elizabeth City NC, Ahoskie NCFebruary 22, 2016
Pay sucks!! Hours suck!! Company sucks
But If you like working nights without getting night differential pay, driving 2 hours 1 way without getting paid driving home without getting paid, and not getting paid mileage/wear for driving your personal vehicle go for it. You start at 9 pm and work till you finish which is usually 9-10 am working at Walmart. Next day you drive further and do same thing. Never again will I work for a company that's not locale. They do take care of there employees that they have sent from there Head quarters with company vehicles.
Pros
Cons
Whole Company
Rogers Electric
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 6, 2016
Rogers is what you make of it , the work is basically service and not
technically advanced electrical work . It is basically doing work orders for the company daily . maintain work vehicle .
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
cannot guarantee hours and you could be placed anywhere in US, or just sitting at home with no hours
Terrible place to work.
Lighting Technician (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 25, 2016
Always on the road the play doesn't match the work you do. Management sucks lack in communication. The hours are long leaving little time for a home life.
Rogers
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2016
Its like working for a temp agency. They expect you to call in daily (6am) and beg for work. Some people get 60 hours a week while others are lucky in they break 20. That my experience with them.
Pros
upper management
Cons
lower management.
An unpredictable enviroment
Foreman Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alphareta, GaNovember 14, 2014
While working for this company, I really got to experience things I thought I would never experience. I traveled most of the time on the east coast. I learned things about electrical worker. So with the team I worked with, it wasn't only work it was more like an apprenticeship because I was allowed to learn along the way. It was nothing hard about this job because I was eager to learn, and I am teachable. I loved this job. So did my wife. We traveled most of the time but it also gave me time with family as well.
Pros
benefits and everything company paid was a plus
Cons
it's seasonal
Horrible management they only care about their bonuses
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 18, 2014
They will work you into the ground make you work injured and tell you not to file a work mans compensation claim if you get hurt! You will work days and nights! Overtime is great but it gets to be over kill after awhile. They will send terrible temp labor. No support from the office that is out of state and you will never meet your supervisor. Your dispatchers only care about your completion codes so they get paid their bonuses. Only use this company until something better comes along.
Pros
Cons
health insurance and 401k
fun company
Service Electrician (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 2, 2016
always keep you busy,with lots of overtime,and really good foremans, and coworkers and really good company cars and company cell phones
Management sucks
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 18, 2015
Hard to get 40 hours, management has no clue what they are doing, nether does the dispatchers. Send you on calls weeks late and store management has others to complete calls. Don't apply!!
Pros
Work by yourself
Cons
Dispatch has no clue as to what they are doing
If You Like Nepotism, This Is The Place For You!
Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 25, 2015
If you don't care about raises or promotions, this place is perfect. Family run business that routinely hires husband and wife teams... sometimes even the extended family (brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts) of those teams/managers.

If you're in the club, you're golden. Requires brown-nosing for sure.
If you come in as an outsider and aren't an a**-kisser, forget it. You will always be considered an outsider.

For the last few years I was on board, there were no reviews given, and the question of a cost-of-living raise was avoided at all costs by management and the Rogers family. My last raise was 25 cents an hour, that was after 3 years of service.

You will notice that the same people keep getting promoted, and you are passed over even though you may have had glowing reviews in the past.

In recent years the company cut out sick days (you have to take PTO when you are ill), shaved off 2 days of PTO per year (the daughter of the owner, who is also the HR "VP" - conflict of interest, anyone? - sent out an e-mail on CHRISTMAS EVE to announce the reduction of PTO) and went to insurance that was cheaper for the company and more costly for employees. As a result, some employees had to get their insurance from another source.

You are issued a company phone and expected to be available 24/7, even if you are not a manager, not officially on-call and not salaried.

Highly stressful environment. The company does not care about employees (unless you are part of the "club" - and management) and will happily use you for years, then throw you away. BEWARE if you do a good
  more... job... they will keep you in the same role for years and years. Sometimes for the entire term of your employment.

Elitist and in many cases vindictive management.

My advice? Avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
Some Coworkers Are Good People
Cons
Good Old Boy Network, No Longer Giving Yearly Raises, Bonuses Have Been Cut... for SOME People
Productive work place, with a healthy and safe environment
Electric Motor Winder/General Maintenance (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJanuary 12, 2013
At Rogers Electric we specialize in the rewinding of single-phase and three-phase electric motors. As well as repair and distribution of said motors.
It is a small, family owned business, that thrives in it's south Arkansas location.
The hours are steady, and the customers are friendly.
With a semi-temperature controlled environment, it allows for a somewhat comfortable and enjoyable work place.
Pros
great benefits, postive work place
Making a lot of money with Rogers
service technician (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 14, 2014
I am currently employed here after many years with the union. I work a lot of hours and bring home a fat check every week. Company truck, company tools, company gas card, paid for travel time, company provides hotels if needed, per diem and good benefits. Lots of night work and overtime. I will be here until I hit the lottery next week.
Pros
all the money you can make
Cons
wife takes it all
Great company with Excellent pay, benefits, and true "team work" values
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 2, 2014
Rogers Electric is a company you can honestly plan on retiring from. I leave the house every day but don't feel I'm working. The organization, from corporate down to each division office, is comitted to great customer service and a safe work environment not only for the customer but each employee. Every one works as a team to accomplish the same goal.
Even though the company is one of the largest in the US, it maintains the feel of a small family owned business but with the added bonus of great benefits, which are a company truck,fuel card, credit card, great pay, increased pay for night work, vacation, personal time off, medical, life, and dental insurance, 401k, furnished laptop, cell phone, and digital camera, and that's not to mention the safety equipment and tools the company provides.
Each tech works remotely and reports to their division office via laptop so there's no need to drive your own vehicle to the companies shop which is an added benefit.
If you have the experience, a great customer service attitude, maintain a safe work environment, and the team player attitude, this is the place to be. All others need not apply because we are the best of the best.
Pros
pay, benefits, steady work, working from laptop
Company took great care of all employees.
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GANovember 18, 2013
Constantly had invoices to be entered and bill that needed to be paid. I had full work loads everyday of consistent but tedious work. This company put me threw some accounting school which helped me understand the work I was doing day in and day out. Fun office and great people to work with.
Pros
Benefits, Salary and paid schooling
Cons
Sometimes too much work load

Comment – December 31, 1969

Still hoping that I get another chance with company after I was laid off in 2007. Rogers Electric always took great care of all employees and I hope to become apart of their team again.

the truth of this company
tech (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta GAOctober 12, 2015
Atlanta tech. Hired in a service guy, never did one call. All "roll outs"
Told them at hire I cannot do nights, the 6 weeks I was there, 90% was overnight work. There is no set schedule. I got ONE 40 hour week in the 6 weeks I was there. Usually get 20-30 at best.
Then no work for the week. You make other plans, then phone blows up and you're being told you have to drop everything and go work overnight in another state.

Their safety stuff sounds good, they expect you to wear a blast suit, face shield, and rubber gloves over LEATHER... if you do hot work. knowing darn well you cant work with that stuff on. AND, you CAN'T shut down the panel because the business is open and it will shut them down. Their safety program is to cover THEIR butt.

You do get a newer van or truck, that has a rev. limit of 70 mph. which sucks when you want to get home at 8am you do get a laptop or tablet, and are expected to check every hour it seems.

the overall work is pretty easy, but they expect you to bounce between days, or over nights with little warning. {like a day} So imagine working days 2-3 days, then get a call for overnight the following day. At my age, that is hard to do. And it happened ALL the time.

I made it 6 weeks and said the heck with it..there are too many jobs out there to have to put up with that.
Pros
Van, credit and gas card. hotel card
Cons
wont get 40, overnight without warning, no communication
Excellent Company!! Secure and Stable
Hybrid Electrician (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMay 15, 2014
From the first day I was made to feel welcome. I have never lacked hours. They have some of the best benefits of any company I have worked for. Willing to help any way possible to get the job done. Customer oriented. Never worked less than 50 hrs the last 2 yrs. something different daily.
Pros
exelcellent benefits
Cons
can't think of any!!!!

2.9