Rogers Electric

Rogers Electric Employer Reviews

Great place to work for!!
Project Manager / Estimator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Scope of work is at a fast tempo. The experience taken from job is priceless.
Growing Fast, great company some growing pains
Project Assistant (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: hourly, time and half overtime, free work out trainer, early fridays
Cons: not a lot of opportunity for women move up, start pay rate low, lost of job shifting
Flexible hours, lots of phone calls, working with several manager with different opinions on how to do things. Hardest part of the job is the shifting of expectations on your time daily. Best part freedom to do your job and make time up. Great extras - jeans day, free coffee machine, early Fridays and still get paid.
Driving
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee), Edison, NJJuly 8, 2014
Pros: you're paid for the travel time
Cons: miscommunication between management and workers
This job entails tons of driving and if that is perfect for you then you will have a great time with this company. Constantly being on the road and then having to go to different stores and interact with many different managers and associates that will keep you busy. Jobs are always different on almost a daily basis.
Great company with Excellent pay, benefits, and true "team work" values
Service Technician (Current Employee), Lees Summit, MOJune 2, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, steady work, working from laptop
Rogers Electric is a company you can honestly plan on retiring from. I leave the house every day but don't feel I'm working. The organization, from corporate down to each division office, is comitted to great customer service and a safe work environment not only for the customer but each employee. Every one works as a team to accomplish the same goal.
Even – more... though the company is one of the largest in the US, it maintains the feel of a small family owned business but with the added bonus of great benefits, which are a company truck,fuel card, credit card, great pay, increased pay for night work, vacation, personal time off, medical, life, and dental insurance, 401k, furnished laptop, cell phone, and digital camera, and that's not to mention the safety equipment and tools the company provides.
Each tech works remotely and reports to their division office via laptop so there's no need to drive your own vehicle to the companies shop which is an added benefit.
If you have the experience, a great customer service attitude, maintain a safe work environment, and the team player attitude, this is the place to be. All others need not apply because we are the best of the best. – less
Amazing Career, Rewarding Work, Ever Expanding
Service Electrician (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 29, 2014
Pros: work vehicle, supplies, great paying, work conditions ( inside 99%)
Cons: sometimes you can live far from the office you work for
Its a very rewarding work place. Its always changing. It is a top paying company in this field. At times they let you work as much as you can but they never force it. RIght now we are doing a big out of town project and they will fly you home or let you drive home when you need to, it definitely keeps moral up. The management is great, always positive – more... and mindful of the employees needs. When you go above and beyond they always notice. Ive worked for other companies and Ive never been taken care of this well. Great Work Vehicle, Great Communication, as long as you keep track of you inventory you always have the right stuff for the job. The hardest part of the job is responding to everyone in a timely manner, conference calls and such. Some times you might have a really really long work night, and alot of people dont realise that your sleeping in the daytime and they want feed back. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexability. They let you take on as much work as you want. Some guys complain about missing out on some jobs, but its only because they have avoided jobs in the past. If your there for Rogers, Rogers is always there for you. – less
Rewarding place to work with opportunity for travel.
Service Electrician (Current Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: company truck, insurance, paid holidays and vacation. plenty of overtime.
Cons: sometimes it is long hours.
Working here provides many opportunities for growth, learning and advancement in the electrical field. Many electricians find advancement from the field to the office. It is one of the the premier places I have worked. Most of the time there is overtime to be worked. When work slows a little we are usually looking for the break. Over the last few years – more... I don't think we were very slow during the holidays, when most work slows.

When I came on to work here they were offing health, vision, and dental insurance. Vacation, holiday, and shift differtial pay. You will drive alot but you are paid to drive the same as you are paid to work. We work with major retailers during resets, many times we are waiting for them to complete thier task so we can start ours. The work is easy most of it is cookie cutter. It is mostly inside, not out in the summer sun, or the winter snow or rain. The insurance is good, it is also less expensive than the goverment marketplace.

There are not many companies that reward their employees as well. One week vacation after a year, two weeks after two years, and three weeks after five years. – less
Rapid growing company
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), NortheastMay 18, 2014
Pros: company truck, plenty of overtime, talented group of electrcians
Cons: temp helpers
I have worked at Rogers Electric for 18 months. In that time I have gotten to work with a great group of guys that are willing to express there ideas and let me voice my ideas to come up with the best way to complete the job. Rogers Electric is a company that is growing at a rapid pace and has plenty of retail stores they provide service work and reset – more... work too. With so much work to be completed the company is willing to get you licensed in as many states as possible. The company pays for any exspense that is incurred with your license. The company also gives you a vechile to use to get to the job and home. They pay for the gas, highway tolls, hotels or anything else that is job releated. Working for Rogers Electric is like being my own boss everyday, they assign me work to complete and I orded my material and do the job my way. As long as the job gets completed in a timely manner and is to the NEC I won't hear from the boss. – less
Rogers- A great place to work!
Service Electrician (Current Employee), Northern CaliforniaMay 17, 2014
Pros: pay, overtime, company vehicle, knowledgable service managers
I have been with Rogers Electric for almost a year.

If you ask them for overtime to get a little extra $$ in your pocket they will oblige you quickly! Most of the year there is more than enough work available.

I was really impressed with this company over the holidays when things slowed down a bit and the dispatchers worked hard to keep all of us – more... as equally busy as possible so no one went without work.

Rogers provides a vehicle for work use, and they provide gas and all required maintenance.

At Rogers you will encounter a wide variety of electrical tasks, keeping your skills fresh.

Safety is a Top Priority at Rogers, and all PPE is provided.

The office staff is also quick to help out whenever they are needed. Accurate Paychecks always arrive on time. – less
Good Company to grow with , if looking for long time employment .
Senior Service Tech (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 15, 2014
Pros: steady work, great benifits, friendly office staff
Cons: sometime have to travel, night work
Very adventurous job , room to learn different aspecs of electrical systems that can't be learned from book . Room to grow with Company .Freindly office staff
This is a great company to work for!
tech electrician (Current Employee), Edison, NJMay 15, 2014
Pros: you get your own transportation, they'll give you training for better knowledge, checks comes on time, if you work hard enough you'll get rewarded
Great working environment, great communication between upper management and service dispatchers. I enjoy working with all the employees. First time working for this company and i had no regrests choosing this company to work for, great experience. If you work hard you can achieve higher goals and move on.
Excellent Company!! Secure and Stable
Hybrid Electrician (Current Employee), Vicksburg, MSMay 15, 2014
Pros: exelcellent benefits
Cons: can't think of any!!!!
From the first day I was made to feel welcome. I have never lacked hours. They have some of the best benefits of any company I have worked for. Willing to help any way possible to get the job done. Customer oriented. Never worked less than 50 hrs the last 2 yrs. something different daily.
Great place to work!
Lighting Technician (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 15, 2014
Pros: everything is provided to you without having to come out of pocket for expenses
I've been employed here for 8 years and over that time I have had no shortage of work, Rogers has implemented a top notch safety program that allows me to work comfortable and at ease. Good management in place that help me get what I need on the job site or any other help with regarding my job. I never once had to wait on my pay check to come in and – more... if there ever was an error in my check they took care of it as soon as they were made aware of it. Company provides work truck (that I can take home), gas card, laptop, company credit card, work phone, hotel card and pay out per diem (if I need to stay out of town). All they provide keeps me from having to use my own money. Over all a great place to work! – less
A good company that is still growing year after year
Operations (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 14, 2014
Pros: enough work for everyone
Rogers has treated me very well over the years and have witnessed on several occasions the company has helped others and employees. Clean work, 90% of it indoors.
Great place to work, plenty of hours and clean work
Electrician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2014
Pros: plenty of hours, clean work, get paid to travel, whats not to like
Cons: none if you don't mind working
Rogers Electric has been a great place to work. Like all construction, there are a few slow weeks in the winter but I have plenty of work during the year.
Making a lot of money with Rogers
service technician (Current Employee), OhioMay 14, 2014
Pros: all the money you can make
Cons: wife takes it all
I am currently employed here after many years with the union. I work a lot of hours and bring home a fat check every week. Company truck, company tools, company gas card, paid for travel time, company provides hotels if needed, per diem and good benefits. Lots of night work and overtime. I will be here until I hit the lottery next week.
Fun place to work
Plumber Assistant (Former Employee), Ankeny, IAApril 27, 2014
Rogers Electric went under in 2007 but when I worked there it was a nice family own company.
Not steady work.
Electrician Helper (Current Employee), Edison,njApril 14, 2014
Worked here almost a year not work is slow not get steady hours.
Don't waste your Time
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GA / Houston, TexasApril 1, 2014
Cons: poor leadership skills, liars
I'm a former employee. In the beginning they treat you well, if they don't like you, you will be gone fast ! Worked 11 months for them, the first In Hoover, Alabama then I was sent to Houston. When the job was completed, Edd Bass ( head over construction projects and Safety ) talked with me telling me he had a job for me in Oklahoma City but would be – more... 2 months away so I collected unemployment in the waiting ( got to pay bills..right ) all was good. Well, the Oklahoma job didn't come through ( he put others on instead ) Edd tells me he has another project I will go on, just wait a little longer ( I did )..

One day my unemployment was cut off because Rogers Electric filed to them I voluntarily quit my job in Houston (??) All the while they still had me down as an employee with them on the waiting list for my next project. Make a long story short, HR did all they could to keep me from getting my unemployment back ( snakes in the grass ) I had to go to a hearing to regain my UE and Rogers lied to have me denied. Now I'm having to pay back all I collected through UE because of Rogers. I talked to friends now working for Rogers about this and they were outraged!

Don't waste your time, especially watch out for the Arizona Branch they have the poorest foremans with no leadership skills at all. GOOD LUCK :) – less
sounds like skyline electrical contracting
service (Former Employee), serviceFebruary 28, 2014
this sounds more like skyline electrical contracting,which is a very confused company
This company thinks their employees are robots and can work 24/7
Service Tech (Former Employee), NJFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: overworked, under paid and dangerous working condions at times.
Overall management needs improvement, company has no
loyalty to employees that have been there a long time. A lot
of rollouts that require two men are done with one creating
an unsafe working condition.

About Rogers Electric

Rogers Electric is one of the country’s leading electrical, lighting and technology solutions service providers for retail, – Read more