Rogers Electric Employee Reviews

Pretty good place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 28, 2016
I came out of industrial and had no commercial experience. This wasn't an issue as they have been more than helpful getting me acquainted. Yore going to travel which isn't a big deal as Rogers gives you a company truck your first day. Whatever you need to get the job done, Rogers will make sure you have it. It's nice to not have a boss hanging over your shoulder. Good guys to work with as well. If you can deal with the driving and occasional out of town work, Rogers is a good company to work for.
Pros
Company truck, gas card, hotel card, tablet and phone. Low stress management, company will buy you any specialty tools you need. Work at your own pace.
Cons
Can work long hours at times.
Bad company
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Ripley, WVDecember 1, 2016
There is no training on their system. So starting out they feed you to the wolves. NO materials everyone is scared of getting fired. So no help from other techs . KNIVES in the back. I about lost everything over them. THEY don't have any communication. Just want to email. So they can cover their but or show what ever they want. PURE sad how they treat people. N lindsey rogers thinks she's better then any employee. We was not worth her time.
This company will use you up and spit you out once you have lost your usefulness. There is no concern for work/life balance.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 29, 2016
This company pays well but the good stops there. High shift differential for night work. Company truck and gas card. Paid for travel after 30 minutes at the start and end of the day.

Time is tracked on a laptop. Trucks have GPS units that track your movement. Every minute you are logged in but not traveling is questioned and you are treated like a crook if there is a problem. Any questions about your time comes from the Atlanta office and no one there is nice.

You are expected to answer your phone 24/7 and work more than 16 hours straight if they need it. They will drive someone from another city into your area and let you sit at home without working 40 hours because management likes them better. When the other person screws the job up management will call you to come in and complete the job regardless of the number of hours you just worked or how far you are from the job site.

Management is terrible. They are not electricians. They are not leaders. They are not even managers. This company is going downhill fast. It will either be sold or out of business in a few years. Customers are getting fed up with the poor service. Field employee quality gets worse with every new hire. Field employees walk into a buzz saw for most jobs because management has upset the customer with their lack of ability.

Extremely high turnover. Very few field employees have over 5 years at Rogers and almost none have over 10 years. After several raises it is cheaper for them to starve you out and hire someone else for less money. If you file for partial unemployment they let you go. You
  more... have to leave the company to feed your family because you do not get 40 hours per week. No concern for you or your family. Only concern is about the company.

This used to be a great place to work. But changes in management sent this company down the toilet. Any electrician worth anything should not work here. You will not be respected by anyone in management. Office staff acts like they know everything but really has no clue what we do in the field.

If you are NOT interested in a personal life and DO NOT care if you DO NOT hit 40 hours every week...this is the place for you. You can continuously screw up and not be fired because they are so hard up for people. Just look at the searches they have open across the country. Especially in the Midwest.
Pros
Money, truck and gas card
Cons
Management, hours, lack of concern for employees
Productive day
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 11, 2017
Capable of reading blueprints, running and blending conduits. Perform the basic tasks of repairing and installing electrical systems for commercial construction and maintaining electrical equipment, wiring, terminating panels and transformers. Dig trenches and excavations by use of hand tools and power equipment under general supervision. Pull and identify wire colors and conductors accurately and the assembling of pre-fabricated systems. Assist in underground conduit installation and general construction. Assist in mounting, securing, installing electrical raceways, fixtures and systems. Install and service light fixtures, receptacles, electrical control systems and connect wires to transformers.
Operates platform, boom, scissor and forklifts.
Not A Great Place To Work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  KentuckySeptember 23, 2016
I worked for this company for 2 years and started out as a Service Tech then somehow became a Rollout Tech in no time. If you like missing family functions such as birthdays, anniversaries and holidays then this is where you need to work. Many of these were missed for me. The money does not compensate for the time missed from family, I was on the road a lot. After being employed here 2 years, I got hurt on the job where I was locked in at a Best Buy, my injury occurred around 4:00 am but I was not allowed to leave until the job was completed around 10:00 and even then it was not complete so I left to get medical attention. After being up for 31 hours straight, I got assistance and was told to see my doctor when I returned home. I did that and was told that I needed to see a hand specialist, did that too, and ended up having surgery 2 days later. After being on Workers Comp for 3 months, Rogers Electric terminated me for misconduct constantly on the job. Very funny because I was never given a warning or notice of such. They even denied my employment for the same issue. That is ok because while I was on Workers Comp, I was seeking other employment. I applied for a job on line and was hired prior to my termination from Rogers so denying my unemployment was not a big issue. If I were you and looking for electrical work, this is not the place to go. Go elsewhere.
Pros
Gas card, truck, hotel card
Cons
Long hours, money not great, miss lots of holidays with family
Been here almost a year
Electrical Tech. Jacksonville Fla. (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 4, 2016
I've been here for almost a year and I LOVE IT!!!! Great boss safety is PERFECT. Wouldn't trade it for the WORLD. All you gotta do is call.Management is VERY understanding
Pros
They will help you in anyway
Cons
NONE
Lots of travel, good pay
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA 30005January 15, 2017
Expect to travel long distances and be in and out of hotels for weeks.

The pay is decent to start off with as an apprentice electrician but do not expect to get taught much if you plan on taking the lineman exam.
Rogers Electric
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 6, 2016
Rogers is what you make of it , the work is basically service and not
technically advanced electrical work . It is basically doing work orders for the company daily . maintain work vehicle .
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
cannot guarantee hours and you could be placed anywhere in US, or just sitting at home with no hours
Rogers
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2016
Its like working for a temp agency. They expect you to call in daily (6am) and beg for work. Some people get 60 hours a week while others are lucky in they break 20. That my experience with them.
Pros
upper management
Cons
lower management.
corporate needs a major overhaul
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 13, 2016
pay is below avg. they want you to travel all the time , hotel after hotel . Night after night.
When a job is local your lucky if its just an hour away . Poor organization, and communication from Corprate managers . Roughly 4 months out the year its so slow. you will barley make it by if u saved. Half of all the techs are avg. the other half are survivors and wanna bees.
Most the time you drive more then you work.
They have helpers as leads and certified electricans as helpers to sum it up . Im quitting soon.
Pros
Company vehicle, gas card, computer, phone, work alone alot.
Cons
Nights, long drives, short hours & checks.
All around good job
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Raystown Lake, PAJanuary 23, 2017
Other workers are great guys always had fun on the job and work went by fast. Never had to travel to far and helped pay for hotels
something new everyday
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 18, 2016
I enjoyed working at Rogers because it was always completing a project and moving to another location . It wasn't so much staying long period of times like 3 year projects etc .
Nice work atmosphere
Payroll and Benefits Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 13, 2016
Learned a lot in regards to cost accounting, benefits, budgeting, financial management accounting, and inter-company transactions.
Productive Team
Receptionist/Front Desk Manager/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 25, 2016
Everyone worked together as a team; we all stayed very busy. I enjoyed being able to work with so many different personalities and meeting new people on a daily basis.
Was alot of knowledge learned here
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 23, 2016
It was my second company that i worked for when I did electrical. They went into a lot more than first company did. I developed my skills with this company.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Pay
caveat emptor
Service Electrician (Former Employee) –  sacramento, caMay 6, 2015
I started working for rogers a few weeks ago. And last night I quit. There's a major problem there. No one communicates. YOU WILL work alot. I was doing 15 hr days. Bad part is their workday begins at midnight. So they effectively cut overtime pay by more than half.
the week I came to work for them 1 tech quit. 1 gave them a week notice. One put in his two weeks and got a raise. And the other put in his two weeks. In the few weeks I was there all but one tech left or was leaving. They do not take care of their guys. ya the bonus thing looks great but it's not worth working there unless you love killing yourself for nothing in return.
Pros
they paid for alot, company phone, gas card, van, and paid drive time
Cons
the workday that started at midnight, driving alot, working a long day then driving home
The employees you worked with are the people that made your day smoothe.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,Ga.October 22, 2015
it was a good work environment just a lot of miscommunication with having materials for different jobs applications. The supervisor were good people to work with there not in there mode at. I also didn't like how they did raises because of the traveling situation, that depended on were u working nights or days.
Pros
predeem weekly
Cons
1 hour lunches
No advancement
Electrician Helper (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
My day usually starts with a 2 hour drive to whatever location we are working at. Meet with customer, unload man lift. Start working on light fixtures that need attention (lamps,ballasts).

I have gained a basic knowledge of ac electric 110,208,277 and 480v. How to diagnose and troubleshoot problems with electrical circuits.

The management does not offer any advancement opportunities.

The coworkers are arrogant and usually lacking in safety protocol and general knowledge of what is needed to complete the job.

The hardest part of the job is the fact that management is in Georgia. Almost all communication is done via email and getting a response for basic questions can take days, if at all.

The actual work is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
coworkers, management, no advancement
Terrible place to work.
Lighting Technician (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 25, 2016
Always on the road the play doesn't match the work you do. Management sucks lack in communication. The hours are long leaving little time for a home life.
Worst company ever
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kitty Hawk NC, Elizabeth City NC, Ahoskie NCFebruary 22, 2016
Pay sucks!! Hours suck!! Company sucks
But If you like working nights without getting night differential pay, driving 2 hours 1 way without getting paid driving home without getting paid, and not getting paid mileage/wear for driving your personal vehicle go for it. You start at 9 pm and work till you finish which is usually 9-10 am working at Walmart. Next day you drive further and do same thing. Never again will I work for a company that's not locale. They do take care of there employees that they have sent from there Head quarters with company vehicles.
Pros
Cons
Whole Company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval