Rogers Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place of employment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 10, 2017
Manage large scale construction projects
Gained vast knowledge in the construction industry
Great Benefits and Salary
Management seemed to be fair for the most part
Pros
Company Vehicle, Good Pay
Cons
Work / Life Balance was off at times
Senior Accountant
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 24, 2017
I prepared month end closing entries, special management requests, and vendor analyses when required. I kept special Excel spreadsheets for project accounting.
Pros
Managers
Cons
Dirve to work required about 40 minutes and my car was always dusty.
Watch out
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 3, 2017
typical day consists of calling and recruiting candidates for Engineering positions in NEO. I learned how to recruit passive candidates for manufacturing companies. The management does not trust the employees. the hardest part of the job was matching candidates with jobs. I really enjoyed getting people positions they were excited about.
Pros
not much
Cons
poor management and stability
Good learnimg experience fast paced
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, INDecember 30, 2016
Was great job was only temp help why I'm not still there. Besides that it wasn't a bad job and wish o could of Di used it out full term. Great bunch of guys.
Pros
Have freedome
Cons
On your own when u need help at times
Processed the Payments made to the Rogers Group
Corporate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 23, 2016
Every morning the company would receive in the mail checks for the all the companies that they owned. And those checks need applied to the correct accounts. for payment So that was my job to figured out and apply the the checks to the correct invoices that the costumers wanted to pay.
Pros
Rogers Group is a great company
Cons
they moved a lot of jobs around and some to Kentucy
Terrible
equipment operator/ maintenance (Current Employee) –  Western ky.November 22, 2016
Bad management, no maintenance program, unless it breaks and there is no communication between management. Stay away from western ky. Portable. The health insurance is terriable, if you have family it will cost at least a days work to cover one week of insurance dues.
Cons
The company is excellent in terms of management
Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  United States of AmericaOctober 30, 2016
The company is exceptional in terms of manag ement and it is my dream to work there and I would be very happy if am being employed
I am very dedicated and hard worker.
weight trucks
Scale Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNJune 2, 2016
weight the truck and told them what kind of rocks to get give them ticket where to deliver the rock to and sent them on there way
Great Coworkers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYNovember 19, 2015
This is a great company to work for. There isn't much supervisor oversight however and training is lacking. Minimal interaction with supervisors and coworkers makes for a lot of time spent working alone.
Underground
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Lopuisville, KYJanuary 27, 2015
This is an underground mine. So if you like the dark, 13 hour days and hard work, then this is the place for you. But it was a great place to obtain the skills that I now have.
Productive and Buisness Professional Work Place
Estimator 1 (Former Employee) –  Western KentuckyAugust 13, 2014
Cost Estimating for Asphalt Projects
Client phone calls and business meetings
Proposal Creations for Asphalt Bids
Pros
Company Vehical
Challenging and productive.
SUPERINTENDENT II (Former Employee) –  Tuscumbia, ALFebruary 18, 2014
Gained valuable knowledge and experience in management, production, safety and cost efficiency.
Was a great place to work really took care of their employeees
Heavy Equipment Operator/Truck Driver with CLASS A (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSOctober 16, 2013
Really enjoyed working for Rogers Group and would still be there if they had not sold out in our area..
If you get laid off you are dirt
Second shift supervisor - In charge (Former Employee) –  West Lebanon, INAugust 7, 2013
Do not care about employees just making money. They will not keep there promises.
I Enjoy the work
Aggregate and Asphalt Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNJanuary 23, 2013
My duties consist of monitoring the quality of our finish products through material sampling and testing at quarry sites. There is some physical work to it such as lifting sample buckets and aiding quarry miners when called upon, but the company does emphasizes safety and task training to help make the work not as harsh. The job usually has a change of scenery by going to different quarries every other day so it does not feel like your stuck in the same place all the time. At each quarry, the set ups are different as well as the people so when presenting concepts to them you have to watch your approach, but still emphasizing the goal is to get and have a qualtiy product. With that said that can be the hardest part of the job having the struggles of getting a product to meet specifications. The constant sampling over and over a product and having to deliver the bad news to the quarry personnel that we have to change a setting on the plant. My co-workers who are technicians like me as well as my boss are fabulous, but most of the time I work with quarry personnel and it can be easy most days, but hard some days depending on the location.
Pros
benefits, home everyday, steak lunches, company phone and labtop, and provided vehicle.
Cons
laidoff in the winter season. cannot take company vehicle home everyday.
The hardest part of my job is being away from home 3 weeks at a time.
Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 18, 2013
I would like to back to engineering to continue my education and upgrade my engineers class to 1
working at a canned gave value lesson on shipping&recieving
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Reidsville,GaDecember 14, 2012
We would start by make boxes to load cans and when it came down the line I would load the boxes 8 deep. Then I would stack a pallet 5 wide and 4 high also had to be wrapped. Then loaded onto a waiting truck.
Pros
learning to work at steady pace and free coffee
Cons
no breaks
Great people
Bookkeeper/Accountant (Current Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAOctober 26, 2012
I enjoy my co workers
flexible hours
family based
learning tool
great software for working conditions
Pros
great hours
Cons
no advancement
I am searching for a new career.
Foreclosure Contested Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 18, 2012
A typical day at work for me is to make sure I process all original documents for hearings and court appearances for attorneys.
Pros
i have a job in this weak economy.
Cons
i know i can be more of an asset of an organization if provided the opportunity.
Excellent environment and great people to work with.
Medical Assistant/Mercy Heart and Vascular Group (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 19, 2012
One of the best places I could have ever worked at. My supervisors were great. Benefits are good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.