Rogers Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

neat and clean
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 12, 2017
good staff good team work. good staffing ratio to each patient. The hardest of this job is keeping the patient mindset under control with medications.
It could be better
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIDecember 10, 2016
Rogers is a good place to work but there are some hiccups. We have excellent benefits: medical, dental and vision, as well as flex spending if you sign up for it. However, management is not the best. The company is expanding quickly and acuity can be very high on the inpatient units. The PCA wage is also not enough to live on and tends to be the highest turn over job because there is little room for moving up.
Pros
Excellent benefits, coworkers are excellent
Cons
acuity, lack of breaks, management, can't move up
The Staff are amazing
Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 23, 2016
The company is great to work for. Staff are wonderful. Admin has some struggles, if they listen to line staff if would be perfect. DBT can totally be designed for kids.
Horrible management
N/A (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIOctober 15, 2016
Management does not support or respect their staff, nor do they follow through on reoccurring problems no matter how many staff inform them of the situations.

Treat staff poorly, always criticism, never appreciation. Constant belittling by management.

Favoritism by management, if you disagree with them, your life is miserable.

Extremely over worked and under paid.
Pros
yearly bonus
Cons
all about the money even though they are not for profit
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIOctober 12, 2016
Good training good people to work with and good holiday schedule. Units can be dangerous and violent to work on and sometime short staffed high turnover rate
Experiential Therapist (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIOctober 7, 2016
Rogers is a great place to work. The pay is decent, and the management is supportive. I did not know it when I worked there, but have worked elsewhere and I am extremely grateful for having had a chance to work at Rogers, West Allis.
Pros
management, culture of care, team approach
Cons
sometimes a lack of plan for the middle school aged patients
The job is fun work with the elder people's and there family
Temp Plus Staffing (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 3, 2016
I love working with the residents feeding and bathe them they like lil baby and cute I love enjoy my job when I use to work there I hate it was seasonal because I enjoy working with my co workers and resident
Under payed. Over worked
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIOctober 3, 2016
Under staffed. Wages are low. Administration have ridiculous salaries. Covering more units than possible to do an effective thorough job. Things can get neglected. Hard to catch up when time is finally availible
RMH Review
Psychiatric Technician/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WISeptember 20, 2016
Worked with patients in an acute setting,preform+ed vitals,supervision, and care according to the treatment plan. Enjoyed watching patients succeed, hardest part was seeing patients relapse
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Insurance
Feeling accomplished that we were helping families in need
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 14, 2016
This was a very highly stressful job which I enjoyed. I have learned a lot about working with doctors as well as people with mental health needs. I also worked a lot with patients who needed detox and help with getting clean whether that be inpatient or outpatient. Management was well. It was not micro-managed which I work well under. I also work well independently. The hardest part of my job was crisis intervention and our walk-in clients when we were at capacity. I loved the fast-paced environment and helping families. It was vey rewarding at the end of the day.
Pros
non-profit association
Cons
Hard to take breaks and very busy
Horrible management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIJune 24, 2016
Management is horrible. Let's harassment and bullying go on right under their noses. HR was unable to help with unethical management behavior.
Poor management and poor pay
Dietary Services Aide (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJune 4, 2016
There is so much responsibility put on the workers, it's too much at times. Management doesn't take the time to figure out why there is a high turn over rate and they tend to throw you under the bus when things go wrong.
Pros
End of year bonus
Cons
Everything else
Mission and Care
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 15, 2016
I admire the mission of Rogers which provides inpatient and outpatient treatment for addiction, depression, OCD, PTSD and eating disorders. The care teams are dedicated and passionate about their patients/clients.

The company offers many "special" days to its employees, recently celebrating National Hospital Appreciation Week with fun quizzes, random appreciation awards, and special breaks (e.g., sweets and treats one afternoon, free breakfast one morning).
Pros
Niceties provided on special occasions from the Administration level; friendly staff, approachable physicians; patient safety
Cons
Daily and/or routine communication at mid-level needs some improvement
Great for people who want to work with mental health issues
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIMay 1, 2016
Wages are low for CNA/techs. Fair vacation and medical benefits. Hours are flexible and they work with you while you are in school. Not a bad place, but you have to want to work with mental health diagnoses.
Pros
benefits and hours
Cons
wages
Productive workplace
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 28, 2016
Rogers Memorial Hospital meets the needs of all children with mental health issues as well as behavioral issues. Rogers is a fast paced environment with children from different backgrounds and different needs. Hardest part of job was getting to know children and building a trusting relationship with them.
Good job
Lead Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIMarch 3, 2016
Was a good job and I like what I was doing but I needed a new job to pay my bills but the job was a job good. The co-wroker was good worker and worked good. Managment was ok not bad. The hardest part of the job was moving to a new job. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people I was working with.
typical hospital kitchen
Dining Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIFebruary 28, 2016
typical kitchen duties, cleaning, stocking. Serving patients, gathering and assembling tray orders during meal times for patients, gathering floor orders. Going floor to floor switching out snack bins and stocking unit fridges. cleaning dishes and dining room. Delivering food to different kitchens
Pros
meet new people, day goes by pretty quickly due to scheduled events
Cons
some coworkers make life tough, pay isn't the best, management isn't the nicest
Psychiatric Hospital
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIFebruary 15, 2016
A fast paced environment to work in with something new every day. Working with levels of care ranging from intensive outpatient to residential.
Offers an abundance of experience
Psychiatric Technician - Inpatient Mental Health (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJanuary 24, 2016
I appreciate the patient-centered culture of care RMH provides for their clients. However, with a higher level of commitment to their staff, I believe they could reduce their turnover rate, which is quite high. Doing this would improve patient care, morale among employees, and save them money by reducing turnover.
Pros
Beautiful facility, free lunch, patient centered
Cons
Dismal pay, high turnover, frequently understaffed-leading to stressful work environment
Fun and productive place to work.
Support Specialist/Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIJanuary 18, 2016
Working at Rogers definitely will keep you busy to where sometimes the time goes so fast, you don't realize you haven't had a break. The hospital has great incentives and bonuses, overall its a great place to work with friendly staff.
Pros
rotating holidays and weekends
Cons
short lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Rogers Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location