Rogers Memorial Hospital

Rogers Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee), Oconomowoc, WIJuly 21, 2015
Pros: meals
Cons: pay
I enjoy my job at Roger's, some of the units are very busy and others are not. I prefer to work on the busy units, because I like to keep moving. I love working with the patients and helping them when they are in crisis. I get a lot of satisfaction knowing that I helped someone in their time of need.
Potential for great work, but poor morale and short staffed
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Oconomowoc, WIJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Beautiful setting, money to have amazing program
Cons: Poor management and difficulty getting things done
Very difficult to manage clients due to not having enough staff. Overall, management tends to want more and doesn't listen to suggestions.
A great learning experience
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 8, 2015
Pros: Good staff
Cons: No breaks
A typical day at work consist of assisting a number of employees, managers, leadership, etc. I gained much experience in the mental health field. I enjoyed my job, but would like to find a position that is fulfilling, rewarding, and a position I can become passionate about. I am looking for a challenge.
Great place to work.
Resident Counselor (Current Employee), Oconomowoc, WIApril 25, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: PTO
great place to work. Management is great and easy to work with scheduling. Nurses are very helpful and co workers are very understanding and helpful as well.
Dietary Services in Mental Hospital
Dietary Services (Former Employee), Oconomowoc, WIMarch 4, 2015
I worked as a dietary services specialist. I was in charge of food preparation, cleaning/sanitation and serving. I cannot think of anything bad to say. I really enjoyed my job. It was a real team effort to bring good nutritious food to our patience on a regular basis.
Child unit often understaffed
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Oconomowoc, WIJanuary 20, 2015
Worked as a pool LPN, case load usually 5 to 6 patients. Supportive staff in a team environment. Child unit is often understaffed and can become overwhelming. Great atmosphere, lots of opportunities for continuing education.
Rewarding career
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Oconomowoc, WIJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits and training program
Cons: sometimes long hours and department floating
Spent time with residents during meals, free times, outings, and counseling sessions. Provided support for struggling patients and families.
I learned a vast amount working here. From technical things such as medication administration and laws, to how to provide better support to patients.
Management was caring and understanding. They were very supportive of the struggles of both staff and patients, and provided a true open door policy.
Co-workers were supportive of each other and worked well together.
The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to watch my patients overcome struggles and go home to be with their families.
Rogers Hospital
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Oconomowoc, WIDecember 28, 2014
Pros: health insurance, 401k, yearly bonus, yearly raise, shift differential, holiday pay
Cons: raises were small, not a lot of opportunity for over time
I was incredibly sad to leave this job. I only left due to relocating to Crowley, Texas. I would love to get another job where I can serve others the way I was able to while working here. I spent 4.5 years at this company and they treat their employees fairly well.
Should be a much better company. Helps children with mental dissabilities but really only medicates them and sends them home.
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 8, 2014
I get to work at 7am, start waking the children up, get their vitals, fill out meal tickets for each, take them to have breakfast, then get them started going to groups. There's a new group every hour. I take the children to groups til 11am then lunch is at 11;30am. After lunch routine starts over and groups again until 3:15pm. The children have room time so we can share report with second shift and switch shifts. I leave at 3:30pm.
Great outdoors experience
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Oconomowoc, WIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: outside working with the youth all the time
Cons: lack of communication
Roger's Memorial Hospital provided me a strong foundation to move forward with experience I obtained as a residential counselor and leadership skills, as well as, my education.
So rewarding to work Intakr/Assessment and interfacxe with peiple insuch a vulnerable state of life $ death self-decision & coordinating all possibili
Nursing Supervisor / Admissions Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Oconomowoc, WIMay 13, 2014
Pros: great and reasonable cafeteria, direct supervisor always available for questions/concerns, and pitched in when over-run with 'walk-in patients'.
Cons: pay not up to general local & national standards
I loved interfacing with people who were showing up to save their own lives. Assessing their needs; inpt, outpt, community services?
Actively listening to what their true needs were and coordinating any and all services to meet those needs was beyond rewarding. I often,(but always with individual discretion, share my own personal experiences with addiction,(1984), & valuable, life-changing work of recovery. Became seriously adept at determining the needed level of care services and getting the needed pre-approval from the insurance Co. to meet all medical criteria.(100% success rate at gaining pre-admission approvals from all 3rd party medical benefit providers). Physicians routinely trusted my level of care recommendations, plus all aftercare recommendations. Was well respected and worked with highly professional co-workers.
Interesting place to work
Residential Counselor/Researcher (Current Employee), wisconsinMay 1, 2014
This is a facility that will help one gain a lot experience, but unfortunately offers low wages.
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee), Oconomowoc, WIApril 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
The teams work in great sync with each other. However I was an intern here and unfortunately there were no position open. I would recommend it as a great place to work and flourish.
Experience
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), West Allis, WIApril 6, 2014
Pros: patient interaction
I had the opportunity to work with individuals with a variety of mental illnesses. I was able to make a difference in the lives of the patients I cared for.
Pays below maket in many departments
IT Network Support Specialist (Current Employee), Oconomowoc, WIMarch 3, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: pay, poor management
Employees are undervalued even when going above and beyond on a regular basis. For a mental health facility, we lack mental health.
Good experience builder
Staff Development Specialist (Current Employee), West Allis, WIDecember 24, 2013
I enjoy working at Rogers because of the organizational culture and support given by the administration. However, the compensation is not competitive.
Enjoyable team
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Oconomowoc, WINovember 28, 2013
Challenging and independent work. Team effort expected and encouraged. Plenty of meetings and training.
Beautiful wooded campus on a lake.
Psychiatric Child Adol RN (Former Employee), Oconomowoc, WIJuly 23, 2013
Pros: nice facilities, good hours, pleasant co-workers
Cons: very difficult to get a break or meal break due to the work load.
Due to having two positions at the Oconomowoc campus I was able to go in to work mid morning, avoiding the rush hour traffic. I worked in a new office with therapists for the IOP program for approximately 3 hours per day Tues thru Thurs.. Along with approximately 6 hours a day in a Residential setting, also in a new building. These days were Tues thru Fri. A typical day would include several admissions, obtaining doctors orders, review of systems with the patient and complete a nursing assessment. We had very interesting clients and families which made learning fun. Our patients came from literally all over the world. The best part of working at RMH were the co-workers and meeting the patients and families. The most difficult part of the job was staying on top of the MD orders and Pharmacy. Making sure that all medications coming and going were correct. Ongoing education of staff was difficult due to so many responsibilities that each person has.
An excellent place to start a career you have a passion for
Psychiatric Technician and Unit Support Specialist (Current Employee), Oconomowoc, WIMay 1, 2012
Pros: experienced and knowlegeble management teams, constant strides to be an innovator in their feild
Cons: unpredictable hours
Rogers Memorial Hospital is an excellent employer. Every day will bring new challenges and opportunities to learn with some of the best clinicians in the mental health field.
Headquarters