Rogers Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Roger's Memorial
Employee (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 12, 2017
Slow paced outpatient clinic. Company lacks educational resources for employees. Management is poor. Policies are vague and some procedures are non existent in the policies.
Great place
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIOctober 5, 2017
West Allis campus is much different from other campuses. It is a great place to work if you can handle a lot going on and can react quickly with care and kindness.
Great opportunity for the behavioral health area
Residential Counselor/Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WISeptember 13, 2017
Variety of patient acuity. Depending where you want to work, there is opportunity in all of behavioral health. OCD, eating disorders, mood disorders, depression, anxiety. Hardest part of the job is the acuity level of the milieu. the most enjoyable part of the job is helping people of all walks of life.
Good place to work! Dedicated staff!
Registered Nurse/ psychiatric / (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WISeptember 11, 2017
Exposure to many very acutely ill patients. Rogers is requiring staff to do a lot of continuing education, which is appreciated! Every day is different, there are several ancillary staff on unit. Generally.. the culture is good. As is everywhere, there are some staff who work in psychiatric nursing who should not be working with this type of patients. Empathy is a must as well as good boundaries when working with this population. One needs to remind self daily about boundaries! One also needs to remember these patients are ill,..not "just playing games." Because we see the patients for such a short period, one downside is that one never knows how things turned out for them, unless of course they come back to hospital. This happens quite often.
Pros
Positive changes happening
Cons
When patients stay too long and they start to "slide backwards "
Low pay
Network Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIAugust 14, 2017
My director is an awesome guy to work for but the company as a whole just doesn't pay very well. My position is $10K a year lower than the avg of the lowest 10% of that position.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay
I learn a lot from working with this company
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 2, 2017
Overall it gave me a lot of knowledge and experience on mental health this job was one of the toughest jobs ever I work at it was challenging an a very good life experience
Beautiful grounds, helping people
Network Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJuly 5, 2017
Rogers employs some of the best nurses and doctors in the world. They are truly great at helping people in need. It is unfortunate that they also under value and under pay their employees.
very rewarding, learned a lot, stressful
LPC (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJune 29, 2017
Working with the clients and families was the best part of the job.
Lots of non clinical work for clinical positions, lots of turnover, no set schedule, hard to find coverage for time off
Manager Lead RN, House Supervisor
Lead Registered, House Supervisor, Adult Manager (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJune 25, 2017
A great company the cares about their business with humans, A true faction what for mental health and detoxication from drugs and alcohol. A the a true process who promoting what inside.
Pros
RNBC Mental Health
Cons
Partial home and Care equally.
Fast-paced and consistently changing work environment
Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 15, 2017
The fast-paced nature of working in mental health is apparent. Time management and adaptability are challenged in this work setting. Self-care is encouraged, but seldom made a company priority.
Pros
encouragement of self-care, employee discounts in community
Cons
short breaks, unpredictable work environment
Difficult gig
PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 12, 2017
Worked there as a Psych Tech. Very intense culture however if you are looking to get into the mental health field, this will prepare you for that. Dealing with multiple people with a variety of mental health illnesses, can be draining however.
Too many managers..not enough workers
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIMay 19, 2017
It used to be a nice place to work until they started growing..now you are just a number. You do not get breaks or asked your opinions. To survive here you must be a "YES" person.
Pros
the people you work with are nice
Cons
no breaks at all
Doesn't treat employees kindly
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIMay 17, 2017
There are a lot of bullies at this place who enjoy mistreating their fellow coworkers. Furthermore, the average employee at Rogers has the maturity level of a 7th grader and is more emotionally unstable than a typical patient.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, easy patients to deal with
Cons
Emotionally unstable staff, bullying, poor management
Horrible management resulting in lack of patient care
Professional Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIApril 28, 2017
I worked for Rogers Memorial Hospital for 3 years and witnessed a lot of shady things take place throughout that time. An example of this: When there were not enough beds available on the inpatient unit to accommodate the influx of adolescent patients, the West Allis inpatient location decided to combine the child unit (ages 4-8) with the acute and frequently aggressive older child unit (ages 9-12) and house the overflow of teens in the available unit. The problem with this was that it was nearly impossible for groups to be therapeutic with a full group of children, ages ranged from 4-12, because of the significant differences in stages of development.

Rogers is definitely a business first and foremost and patient care seems to be further down the list.
Great place for training therapists
Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIApril 28, 2017
You get a full breadth of experience with all populations at all levels of care. Great to work on an interdisciplinary team. A typical day included providing group therapy which would be either psychoeducation and/or process group.
Rogers Memorial Hospital
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIApril 2, 2017
I worked at this company for a year and a half. This is not a good company to work for if you are looking for good communication and management. This job takes a lot of patience and skill yet they choice to hire employees who have neither. If you worked at Aldi's as a cashier you will make more money than you will make here as a PCA. I loved working with the patients and the interactions I got to have and the lives I changed along the way. It's unfortunate that most managers and staff don't care about the well being of patients. From what I observed everyone would do what was in the best interest of themselves and trying to make themselves look good. (throwing co-workers under the bus along the way) If you are looking to feel like you are in high school again, I would apply. Otherwise steer clear!
Pros
patient care, interactions, making a difference
Cons
unclear communication, awful management, pay
Professional and Fun Work Environment
Experiential Therapist (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIMarch 27, 2017
A combination of outstanding on-site training, work atmosphere, co-workers, and management style motivate the hard-working and knowledgeable professionals who work there. I'm proud to say I work at Rogers Behavioral Health.
Not a healthy job
Residential Counselor- Adult Focus (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WI 53066March 20, 2017
Rogers is always short on staff and will work there employees as hard as they can. Compensation is an area of contention for many employees. They need to think about how they compensate there employees
Professional and meaningful working culture.
Education Therapist (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIMarch 17, 2017
I am an Education Therapist, or teacher in the residential program. It is a nice change of pace having come from Milwaukee Public Schools. The team I work with is phenomenal.
Pros
Free coffee
Can a serf speak?
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIMarch 7, 2017
I am immediately tempted to discuss the politics and culture of this workplace. But can I? Who am I to comment on whether or not we appropriately assess the whether or not a person should be declassed to a patient? It was, in my minimally educated view, often seen that people struggling with social issues adopted the life-threatening behaviors of their new peers; institutionalization. On one occasion, there were not any beds immediately available, so newcomers sat in the halls for an hour waiting for supposed graduates to be ejected from treatment. I admit, I know nothing of the the finances of care; I had made it my business to care, rather than made a business of caring. I admired our eagerness to care for as many people as possible, but it seemed that we forced ourselves into the impossible as well.

Of direct caregivers, I noted a disturbing lack of education and empathy. While there is the occasional opportunity to further one's education in the field, I saw very few people with the spirit to uptake these offerings. This problem was never resolved due to there being no continuing education mandate for those who spend the most time with clients. Enthusiasm was never demanded. Some of the management staff advertised the introduction of a dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), evidence-based treatment system to the inpatient unit. It seemed that the introduction became the conclusion, as there was no implementation that changed the day-to-day routine of any floor staff with one notable exception; nurses identified the majority of patients as being "borderline-ish".

Surely
  more... advertisement was a strength of the company. Management consistently advertised that we could discuss concerns with them. I frequently expressed concerns over staff-to-client and staff-to-staff communication. While I was encouraged and thanked for this effort, I never noticed any significant changes in the cliques that formed between staff. These concerning values continued to be upheld by assigning the staff in question to train newer employees.

Overall, it seemed there was a divide between floor staff and management: thinkers and doers. No one could bridge the gap, as doers often discarded thinkers as naive. And the few thinkers who attempted to act as doers were seldom given the authority to do.
Pros
The ability to foster hope in clients
Cons
The barren plot of hope given to each staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Rogers Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location