Rogers Public Schools Employee Reviews

Translator (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARDecember 6, 2017
it was a good job. i felt appreciated, and my work was never over looked. met many very friendly people. i would recommend it to anyone who is intersted
Pros
na
Cons
na
Enjoyed working with students & Teachers
Mentor/Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 8, 2017
A change in Management brought changes more interested in seeking a reduction in senior staff due to higher pay status, than beginning drivers with less experience & lower pay status. Safety & well being of students was lowered as a budget reduction attempt.Health Insurance costs skyrocketed. Hard to find other part-time work because of the split shifts worked.Having been an important part of students lives will be deeply missed.
Pros
Serving the community, coworkers & the old teamwork atmosphere.
Cons
New management, low pay
Ok place to work
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 31, 2017
Decent place to work. Lots of days off and year round pay. Opportunities to drive in town and out of town field trips to earn extra money on top of your salary.
I enjoyed being a full-time night custodian at schools in Rogers
Full time Night Custodian (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 9, 2017
It was stressful at times but I learned to get along with your coworkers team player help others out with your work if you got finished too early I enjoyed it , it was full-time work I didn't like nights prefer days but it was a job income coming in
Pros
free food and drinks at times we were noticed at worjk for our hard work we did
Cons
manager was mean to me at times i just brushed him off old grouch
Love the Kids
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 8, 2017
Love working with the kids, the teachers and school staff are just as needy as the students. No lunch or breaks. No medical backup at your school. I plan to stay with Rogers public schools
Pros
Summers & Holidays off
Cons
Summers off
Great School District
Resource Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 3, 2017
This is a great school district to enroll your children in. The district is full of well qualified and caring individuals who want to do the best they can to see your child succeed.
Aided teachers and office staff with students and parents
Duty Relief Aide (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 30, 2017
I did this for the pure enjoyment of being a positive role model for the kids at Grace Hill Elementary School. I did a little bit of every thing, from duty relief for the teachers, to helping out in the office and front desk.
Fun place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AR 72756October 19, 2016
If you enjoy hanging out with little people, arts and crafts, and learning new things. this is the place to be. There is almost no stress. If you are in school and need a part time job this is the place to work
Pros
easy to work with
Cons
not enough hours to work
Fun co-workers,friendly atmosphere,hard workerd
Child Nutrition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 26, 2016
A work day is from 7:30 am to 1:30pm. The work is fast paced. The kitchen is hot and there is alot of bending and lifting. All the co-workers are friendly and hard workers. The managers all run the kitchen differently so if you have managers that transfer in and out,you re-learn their way. The benefits,Health & Dental are not affordable.
Pros
Friendly co-workers. All year round pay when off in the summer.
Benefits
Great staff, knowledgeable faculty
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 30, 2016
Great place to work, administration is supportive of goals
Students seem to be ready to work and learn
parents are involved
lots of training available
Pros
clean, positive
Cons
teaching can be difficult, nature of the job
Productive and fast-paced environment
Director of Choirs at Rogers Heritage High School (Current Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 22, 2015
The colleagues and administration at this job are wonderful and incredibly helpful. My typical work day includes teaching 200 high school students (some in groups of 60), record keeping, administering supplies, managing the program, planning major events, planning school trips, etc.

The hardest part of this job was the balance between work life and home life. I found myself consumed in my workload each night and throughout the weekends.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in the lives of children and working alongside exceptional co-workers.
Nice place to work at.
Child Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 20, 2015
It is a really good place to work at, good hours, days off and good people to work around. You work a little hard but it is worth it. I would recommend this place to any one that is wanting a good stable job. and one that is willing to commit their time and effort. really good place to work, they show you what needs to be done. and how to do the job. Great place to work.
Pros
Every holiday off, and summers.
Cons
Truck days
Great school district
Duty Relief Aide (Former Employee) –  Rogers,ARMay 10, 2015
Helped students open packets for lunch,and I loved working with the kids no day was ever the same. I also enjoyed working with my co-worker's..
Great envioronment to work for
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at work consist of talking to teachers and parents about the improvements for the child. I have sharpened my Spanish by doing this for the past few years. The teachers are sweet and meet the parents where they are at. There is no hard part about this job. I love doing it but it is only a twice a year thing for parent-teacher conferences.
Great work enviroment, good people
Child Nutrition Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 19, 2015
 Managed payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable
 Maintained balanced budget of over a million dollars for all food purchases and free/reduced lunch programs
 Ensured compliance with the school board’s worker’s compensation insurance company
 Contacted physicians and scheduled required appointments
Loved the job
Executive Secretary of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 12, 2014
I loved my job as the Administrator for School Dude, assigning work and keeping the buildings in compliance by following federal and state laws and guidelines. I worked with the community, public and numerous school employees to maintain a positive image for Rogers Public Schools.
Enjoyable work-environment
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 17, 2014
Bosses and workers move forward with the same goal in mind; there is no prevalent difference between the "boss man" and the workers, meaning very comfortable relationship with bosses and co-workers.
Typical Day
Instructional Assistant, Special Education (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 28, 2014
Challenging but rewarding. Children are great. aaaaaaa/.bbbbbbbbb.ccccccc.ddddddd.eeeeeee.ffffffff
Good Job-Hard Work, you have to love working with kids.
Child Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 18, 2013
I really enjoyed working there, the staff was great, we loved and cared for the school children that we served. Management was well, I felt it could have been a little more aware as to what was happening on the work floor. I learned alot working in a school cafiteria, alot of health codes and do's and dont's. Christmas cleaning for break, and summer break cleaning, were the worst times there, trying to cook and clean around deep down cleaning, hard work, but very enjoyable.
Pros
free meals, every holiday or day off for kids we had too!
Cons
the uniform.
Friendly teachers and students (preK-12).
Multi-District Substitute Teacher (PK-12) (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 24, 2013
With substitute teaching you do not have a typical day. I was in a different school almost everyday. I called it an adventure. You always had to think on your feet and most importantly have fun. I always followed the classroom teachers plans completely. The hardest part of my job was not knowing the children and there behaviors. The most enjoyable part of my job was the adventure of going to different schools and meeting new people.