ROGERS STATE UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Amazing leadership but state budget cuts are out of their control
Director, Student Health Center (Current Employee) –  Claremore, OKNovember 28, 2017
Love working here but financially difficult to deal with no raises and continued budget cuts. The president has a heart of gold and is working so hard to bring in donations, but with state budget cuts there is no way to make ends meet. We have been on mandatory furloughs for 2 years.
Pros
wonderful people - understanding, caring, professional
Cons
budget cuts
Stressful
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Claremore, OKNovember 27, 2017
With the new software system, it feels like you work with your hands tied. You are not able to get the information you need to do your job. Poor mgmt!
I'd go back if the let me.
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKNovember 8, 2017
I was a student worker for the RSU maintenance department for several years. I learned many skills here from professionals that have been useful in many other parts of my life. Management was very good to the student workers and was very kind when you needed time to study. After I graduated they allowed me to stay on full time till I found a job in my field of study.
Pros
good benefits through the state
Cons
if your not one who likes to work with your hands this may not be for you.
Rsu
Adjunct Instructor of Cherokee Language (Current Employee) –  Claremore, OKOctober 14, 2017
I am only adjunct so I have limited contact and info. My classes are unique, so I am the only one who teaches them. Yet there is limited call for them as well.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
limited potential
Good place to work, convenient with flexible work hours
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Claremore, OKOctober 11, 2017
A typical day at work varies day to day depending on what "issue" arises. I process travel claims, coordinate semester schedules,reconcile budget spending, supervise work studies and report to Department Heads while supporting Faculty.
Pros
accrued paid sick and paid vacation time off
Cons
no pay raises or promotions
Wonderful place to work
Admissions Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKAugust 26, 2017
I enjoyed my time I worked at RSU. The only reason I left was because I just had a baby. I would go back if I could find a position that would make it so I can afford daycare for my newborn.
Go somewhere else
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKAugust 20, 2017
Poor management with backstabbing tendencies. Dishonest supervisors who only care about themselves. Inadequate in all areas as an educational institution.
Stressful job
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 9, 2017
This was a very stressful job because of school and working in the office. During the busy enrollment time it was very stressful. It ended up being too busy for the small staff.
great place
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKAugust 2, 2017
it is the state so they have great benefits, the stability is great, the workload is great, I enjoyed my time. the students are smart and the co-workers are usually helpful
Great benefits
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJuly 26, 2017
RSU has wonderful benefits such as earning 10 hours of sick and 10 hours of vacation a month. Also, you are paid for holiday and get to take two weeks off paid for Christmas.

Want to know more about ROGERS STATE UNIVERSITY?

Ask a question
Relaxed and fun place to work
HR (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKJuly 9, 2017
RSU was a great place to work, the pay could be better though. Excellent benefits. You get most school breaks off, plus you earn extra paid time off. Working with students is great too.
Open scheduling
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKJune 29, 2017
As a student worker hours were ludicrously flexible. however with competition for the job, near impossible to get it without knowing somebody. I loved working there.
Pros
flexible hours, great atmosphere
Cons
slow, so incredibly slow
job
Research Investigator and contributing writer (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKMay 11, 2017
itr is a very cool to work my part was all research and field work which i enjoy all the staff was very helpfull and knowledgeable very friendly place
In support of my degree field, i was a mentor for future students.
Assistant to Graphic Designer (Student Worker) (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKApril 21, 2017
I worked as a mentor for future students seeking the desire to acquire knowledge in graphic design. I love to draw, and sharing this with others was an enjoyable period for me.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Rsu
Assistant Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Claremore, OKFebruary 24, 2017
I've had a very satisfying relationship with RSU during my time there. I've gained valuable experience and learned a great deal. I've made friends and mentors that I feel privileged to work with.
Pros
excellent nursing program
Cons
furlough days with no end in sight
good for teachers
Professor of Art (Current Employee) –  Claremore, OKFebruary 2, 2017
good for instructors, very welcoming environment. Always up to date on student activities and social events in the community.
Flexible position for a college student.
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKJanuary 4, 2017
This was a flexible, part-time position. I enjoyed working for RSU. It was a position I held while attending the University. I gained experience in basic office operations.
Enjoyable work
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKDecember 7, 2016
As a Spanish tutor, I really enjoyed helping the students with their issues and I enjoyed working with the professors as well. I left this job when I moved to Edmond to finish my degree.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
minimum wage, minimal hours
College environment
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKOctober 25, 2016
The pace was extremely busy especially during enrollment and graduation periods. Co-workers were gracious, stepping in to help when necessary.
Pros
Thanksgiving break; Christmas break; Spring break
Cons
Pressure to complete projects early
Busy work, with great coworkers
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKOctober 13, 2016
Most of the time I would write the purchase orders, complete Excel spreadsheets for events, help decorate the office, help prepare for the events by moving supplies and contact the individuals on the guest list. Grew to have a great bond with my immediate supervisor.
Pros
Worked with school well, enjoyed being a receptionist.
Cons
I don't have a complaint about this job.