Rogue Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

This is where I became a nurse!
RN (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORSeptember 25, 2014
I was able to gain so much experience in so many areas of the hospital. Great educational benefits, great mentors. Physicians were unwavered by inquisitive new nurses.
Enjoyed working with Health Team, and patients.
Cardiac Unit - Staff Nurse-Direct Patient Care (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 18, 2014
Very busy on floor caring for Patient assignment. Meeting acute needs, following MD orders, medication administration.
benefits
Cons
hard on one's health
Rogue Valley Medical Center
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 18, 2013
Rogue Valley Medical Center is an incredible place to work. I especially enjoyed working in the Emergency Dept. The knowledge I earned there is above and beyond what I could ever have earned in a family practice setting. I am very confident in the experience I had at Rogue Valley being current and up to date. Including OSHA,PPE,and MSDS information
Pros
up to date and state of the art equiptment
Cons
often missed breaks due to high volume as well as under staffed, and company being on hiring freezes all the time
I'm excellent at work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORSeptember 10, 2013
Day at work! collecting specimens, receiving, stocking etc. and most of all patient care.
I learn that there is different pain levels, need to have patience and understanding.
management. leader ship , teamwork, productive managing, experienced, procedures etc.
co-worker s, excellence, teamwork.
The hardest. On routine lab draws and seeing the same patients and getting close then they pass away.
enjoyable, is patient recognition from co-workers, management and most of all is from the patient.
Pros
enjoying the people and patient, ..
Cons
at times immaturity
I learned a lot in the lab.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 27, 2013
This was my first lab job that has very little ineraction with patients. I learned about specimens; blood, urine, cultures, bodily fluids, etc. Aliquoting samples, timed sensitivity samples. Theres's a lot to working in a lab. My co-workers are great. They go above and beyond. The hardest part of my job is my management, or lack there of. I've been there 1.5 years working graveyard with no set schedule. It's very hard to not know what your schedule will be until a week prior. I have respect for my superiors, but they must be going through tough times because the way our staff is treated is unfortunate. I enjoy most getting my work time in a timely fashion. Working nights I'm alone in processing, so sometimes it's a challenge getting everything done/ready for the morning.
Pros
my co-workers on the night shift.
Cons
i do not get breaks, only a lunch break.
A wonderful place to work
vascular sonographer (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORDecember 30, 2012
I had a great job in a vascular lab there, but the cost of living in the town was not conducive to buying a home there.
Pros
great job
Cons
expensive
Overall,a great place to work with many amenities
Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Medford,ORDecember 17, 2012
It's hard to descibe a typical day at work,because I worked in so many different departments.I learned so much;such as PICC line Placement,Pediatrics(I taught PALS for several years),learned to supervise and mentor others,and many other things.I found management in general to be helpful,accessible,and consistent.The hardest part of any job is dealing with death and permanent disability.The most enjoyable part is working with people,which I love.
I also enjoy mentoring others.
Pros
great cafeteria, gift shop, many opportunities, retirement plan
Cons
high deductible health, dental, vision plans
Best experience of my life!
Full-Time Floor Nurse for Medical-Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORSeptember 2, 2012
Great foundation! RVMC does great things everyday. I could go anywhere in the world & work after my experience @ RVMC
A small hospital that turned into a Large Corp. and forgot the employees make the business
Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Medford ORJune 20, 2012
I worked 20 years at this hospital, the longer I was employed there the more unhappy I was. The hospital changed. The started cutting benefits, the number of people needed to work a job and do it well. If there was a visit to Human Resources to discuss a problem, the normal outcome was to either transfer dept. or quit.
Pros
started out a great job and ended with sadness
Cons
the corp. forgot the little people that made the business run.
Overall experience
Extern student (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 29, 2012
I had several externship sites to choose from but am very glad I ended up working at Rogue Valley. Though not a large hospital or a level 1 trauma center, I have never had a boring day or a day in which I didn't learn something new, whether from a patient or one of my coworkers. The hospital has a good mix of inpatient and outpatient exams as well as fluoroscopic and surgical procedures. I will finish feeling confident to excel in any hospital or clinical setting.
Hard-working crew of ladies in the department
Medical Transcription Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 21, 2012
At this job I was the Supervisor of Transcription and, though there was much training to be done, felt I did an excellent job. I respected my fellow co-workers and, being a transcriptionist myself for years, related to their needs.

4.2