Rollins College Employee Reviews

Amazing workplace
STUDENT MEDIA MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 3, 2017
I had an amazing experience with there. Although the time was short, I would not take any of it back. I mostly worked on the betterment of the web content of this job
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I really enjoyed working therer.
Librarian/ Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 22, 2017
A typical day of work was normal. The management was great and it was always a joy meeting new people. The most enjoyable part about this job was the staff as we made a good team.
What I learned
Student Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 14, 2017
Given that I was still in college during this time, I was absorbing professional information like a sponge. Rollins College provided the student success department with a very real look into what it means to be responsible for people other than yourself.
Great Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 9, 2017
I've worked at Rollins for the last number of years. As with any job, your attitude determines if you like it or not.

The culture is very service oriented, and we go above and beyond to please the students/staff/administrators/vendors, etc.

It is very competitive getting in. Not many positions become available.

The benefits (paid-time-off) are good. The health benefits not so great. A single person can pay close to $300 monthly for insurance premium, while a family can pay close to $600.00 monthly. The college does help with an HRA account which deposits money into a MasterCard to help off-set the costs of the deductible, prescribed medication, etc.
Pros
friendly coworkers
It was nice getting paid for experience in a school environment
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 1, 2017
My job at Rollins was just a work study job, but it was nice to be getting experience in a theatre and be getting paid for it. I would work five hours every other day when classes and scheduling would allow, but I couldn't be in for all of the time that I wanted to be.
Te sientes en familia
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FloridaMay 31, 2017
Tus superiores te hacen sentir humano y valorado/a como persona. Son faciles de contactar y están dispuestos yudarte ocn cualquier dificultad porque al final del dia, estás trabajando para ayudar a otros seres humanos con diferentes personalidades y opiniones a las tuyas.
A great place to be
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 16, 2017
The environment is homey and flexible. They expect good work but also independent thinking, initiative and active participation and suggestions. Very dynamic place, working towards educating the future
it was productive
Temporary Summer Employee (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 8, 2017
the type of work was as a handy man you get to go all around the Rollins campus to work on thins such as pluming or electrician everything was for you to get better.
Pros
learn alot
Cons
long breaks
Helping Rollins faculty and staff to rejuvenate
Yoga Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 24, 2017
I taught Yoga Rejuvenation Break for almost four years at Rollins College while I was an undergraduate student. I enjoyed the moment very much as I got to know professors and staff members.
Efficient and relaxing culture with good people to work with
User Services and Helpdesk Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 15, 2017
Typical work day consists of answering and responding to client requests in resolving various technical questions relating to computer, smart phone or tablet based problems. Campus utilizes both Apple and PC platforms. Assist in troubleshooting audio/video classroom setup and telephone outages.
Pros
Friendly and helpful collegues
Cons
None significant enough to mention
Rollins demonstrates its core values of Excellence, Innovation, and Community.
Student Assistant - Department of Psychology (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Working as a student-assistant at Rollins College was a great opportunity for me as I was completing work for my undergraduate degrees. It provided work experience in interacting with a broad cross section of people. I feel fortunate to have witnessed the modeling of excellence throughout the many departments across campus; it was an effective training for my own expression of excellence moving forward.
Experience of a Lifetime
IT HELPDESK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 25, 2016
Your co-workers are very helpful. The environment is very inviting and serene. You gain a great deal of experience working for Rollins College
Current Student
Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 12, 2016
Love being a peer mentor. Great way to give back to my fellow students while having the opportunity to learn and grow. would definitely recommend to any student.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLSeptember 16, 2016
Rollins College is my ideal employer.

Very polite team. Very nice campus. Stress free environment. I only worked 4 days each week.

They take time to talk to you, they teach you and train you very well.
Pros
Everyone is very Polite!
Cons
None.
Summer Job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Alfond PoolAugust 16, 2016
This was a very easy, yet, complex job. Having to deal with pool chemicals was the most difficult job. While the easier, yet most important, job was patrolling the pool and keeping swimmers safe.
Best place to work for in all aspects
I.T. Associate, Web Strategist (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 15, 2016
A very relaxed friendly environment to work. People, colleagues working with you are very helpful and makes you feel like home.

Best place to learn leadership qualities from the best leaders of the industry.
Great Place to work
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 2, 2016
Great place to work. Very friendly coworkers, and flexible work hours. Working in the information technology field can be challenging but it is well worth it.
Aquatica
Community Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 16, 2016
Really liked it and would go back again if they wanted me back, thought it was a great experience at having to work with large quantities of people
Rollins college
Alumni Relations Weekend Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 21, 2016
Got to work at school with professors. The Staff is great and supportive. Hours were very flexible ans were made to work with our student schedule.
Very professional environment and fun workplace
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 14, 2015
This was my best temporary assignment. My short stay with Rollins gave me an opportunity to meet great professors and staff. Their knowledge and professionalism was outstanding. Miss my co-workers at the Deans office.

The hardest part of my job was saying good-bye to staff. I miss them dearly.
Pros
Great coffee and snacks
Cons
no permanent position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rollins College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6