Rollins Employee Reviews

Want lots of production and no days off
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 24, 2017
Honestly the Orkin side is alright, but Home team has been a nightmare. To be fair it's most likely the Tucson branch management. They are very dishonest. Work life balance will be talked about in meetings, but you will not go home. You will talk about going home. Unrealistic expectations and really is becoming more of a spray and leave low quality place. I'm thankful for a job but this isn't the place to work in Tucson. Thank you.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
You wont have a home life and management is manipulative.
Interesting project
Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2017
Contract work to build a national campaign to implement new office and field software. Created training for all employees including Train the Trainer program.
Pros
Challenging nationwide project
Cons
Expansion was based on proprietary software. Ultimately needed to redesign.
Terrible
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  KYMay 22, 2017
Terrible, terrible, terrible. There 2 months. We ran out of stock 2 times. I have worked in pest control,before this, 20 years. The biggest insult is that when people think pest control. They think Orkin. Quantity doesn't always correlate to quality. Did I mention this place was terrible?
Rollins was an amazing company to work for
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJMay 5, 2017
Rollins was great. I should of never left. I was happy, I was a top producer, and I was respected and rewarded for my time, effort, energy, positive attitude and money I brought into the company. Unfortunately, Terminix is their rival competitor, they saw my production and recruited me. The compensation and percentage on commercial deals were substantially more, so I left Rollins. If was a life lesson and i'd never do it again. Almost like the saying "the grass is greener on the other side." Not even close and the two hiring managers got fired because of it.
Pros
exactly what I'm looking for
Cons
base pay low
Deceitful, unethical and outdated payment model
Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  WisconsinApril 29, 2017
Was told I would be working 8hrs/day but ended up being 10-14hrs. Expect to work 6 days/week. Pay is commissioned and can be unfair depending on where your route is. My branch expected me to be at the customer's house an average 15min. Many customers pay a minimum $80/mth for our services and I would be upset if a tech came to my house to perform such a short service. Supplies were also constantly low at my branch and we often had to pretend we were servicing customers appropriately.
Pros
Can't recall any
Cons
No social life, no lunch break, long hours, low pay
Worst pest control company to work for!!!!
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 25, 2017
They lie to you. They will tell you that you will make 50 thousand a year witch is BS. They work you 100 hours a week with no over time. If you like getting screwed over while working then apply for orkin.
Cons
Terrible company to work for.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 22, 2017
Rollins purchase Waltham services about 5 years ago. Rollins watches every penny. If it's hot out or you are in a attic don't go back to the truck to run the AC . Don't stop to grab lunch or use the restroom . The GPS in the truck tell management everything. Rollins make there employees work 6 12 hour day . It's there way of saving money . Get rid of older employees and save on benefits, vacation time etc.. glad to be gone.
Pros
Cons
Poor training, low income
A Wonderful Company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2017
Rollins has a very good benefits plan, progression rate, and opportunity for creativity and innovation. The only real drawback to this company is their dated methods and equipment, and their highly conservative uniform and ethics.
Know what Im talking about!
Sales Associate/route manager (Former Employee) –  Beaver, WVMarch 27, 2017
Being in sales, you will not make the money stated. There is one man that the Beaver office bows down to in sales and he runs the show. New sales people cannot make it cause of him and the territory your giving. Being a route manager wasn't a bad job, however having 200 stops a month working 60 plus a week, three Saturdays a month mandatory at least two if your behind and all for commission, the pay does not equal the time and headache you have to put up with. Insurance and other issues in this nature is good. A company vehicle is nice, however you have to pay over a 100 dollars outta pay check to take it home.
Pros
insurance
Cons
everything else
Termite Tech Review
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 10, 2017
I've worked for this company for over a year. The managers are pretty good. They follow protocol. Benefits are great. Vacation time, good insurance, good time off with family.
This job itself is HARD. Physically demanding. You cannot be overweight and work this position, as you have to squeeze into tiny crawl spaces, full of insects, spiders, etc. and treat for termites. Don't apply if you don't want to work hard. Overtime during busy season is mandatory, basically.
Pros
great benefits, good team
Cons
not too much room for advancement
ok money terrible bennefits and horrible management
Sales (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJanuary 30, 2017
make ok money but that is offset by the expensive benefits that are not that great. management and training are terrible if you are outside of the home office area. wouldn't recommend working here
Pros
decent pay
Cons
benefits, management, training, they live by the thinking all employees are replaceable
Not family friendly
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Fernando Valley, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Management is not good. Treat you bad. The management has no knowledge of pest control. I needed to switch to day time because of family issues. I told the manager about my problem. Never did nothing about it just ignored me. When I left the manager told me that I should have chose my job over my family. (Have proof that was said)
Good job
Supervisor Night Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2016
Great place to work, the hardest part of my job was working 7 days a week but the people I worked with made my job easy and enjoyable. I highly recommend this place.
Worst job I've ever had
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 11, 2016
Don't go to work for this company. 6 days a week even though they say 5 to 5 1/2. No real time for family, when your doing 30+ stops a day in the summer. It was so bad I had to leave.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pretty much everything
Best Job Ive Had!!
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Covington, GANovember 10, 2016
This company i probably the most laid back environment that ive eve worked for. The services that they offer basically sell themselves and its the most money i've ever made.Its is commission based and there is a base hourly pay but there is a lot of money to be made.
Pros
money work environment casual work weekends
Cons
temporary work
Bring in temps with promise of full time employment but then let them go after messes are cleaned up.
National Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2016
You have to be a certain personality to work here. If your not into drama and you don't fit into the click you will never get anywhere. They bring in numerous temps to clean up AR and then once they get what they need out of them they let them go. I don't recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
They celebrate everything
Cons
Management more concerned with whos doing who than whats actually going on in the department.
Good but not great
Sales/OCCC (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAOctober 18, 2016
It takes a special kind of person to work here. Being screamed at by customers on the phone for things that are out of your control and trying to meet sale retirements is not a walk in the park.
Great pay with looonnnngggg days!
Pest Technician (Current Employee) –  AnonymousSeptember 19, 2016
Pay is great. Gotta bust your behind if you want to make your commission check. This comes at the cost of family and life. Working at least 50 hrs a week and overtime is expected of you not asked. If you take a few days off in the month or go on vacation you'll lose out on your commission check and pretty much make minimum wage for that month.
Pros
Customer service and no supervision
Cons
Low hourly pay, health benefits, super long days.
Bad culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 26, 2016
-work environment is negative

- they don't teach much

- techs are lazy

- GM is weak

- The hardest part was the dirty politics
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Never happy with performance always look for bad
Typical glossed-over conservative philosophy use-and-dispose employer
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 20, 2016
Company expectation is 55-66 hours per week or more plus 24-hour on-call at all salaried field operations positions. Saturday and night work is normal and expected. Their implied philosophy is that you exist primarily to satisfy Rollins' objectives and your personal life is of little real concern to them, although they are adept at giving it lip service so as not to appear unreasonable. As with many large organizations, they tend to alienate many of their better producers by asking progressively more of them, until they burnout and leave. This leaves them with a herd of long-term underperformers. Such is life.
Pros
The field work can be enjoyable and fascinating
Cons
Micromanagement, surveillance, bullying, fear motivation, intimidation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rollins. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8