Rolls-Royce Employee Reviews

Fast paced, challenging and rewarding
Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTOctober 12, 2017
At my current position I wear many hats such as:
Purchasing
Inventory Control
Receiving
Shipping
Accounting
Building Safety
I am an individual who enjoys a challenge and can operate under a fast paced environment. Rolls-Royce has offered and rewarded me with those challenges.
I am hoping to find similar in my next endeavor.
Pros
Benifits, salary and work environment
Cons
around christmas we would have parties
Draftsman/Detailer and cadds (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2017
I reported to work at 6:18 till 3:18, just regular work day.
I learned about welding symbols and geometric tolerance,
the work place was kind of good because everyone had there
own cubical.
when I first started every thing was on the drafting board so
you stood up most of the day. back then there was no cadds
until later.The mangers where fair,but there was a little
buddy system going on.
Pros
did a lot of on the job training on jet engines
Cons
there are no cons
ok
Firefighter/EMT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2017
Job was not bad supervisor and management had a poor attitude about the work and did not look out or help employees advance their career. could not transfer out to different areas of work
Roll Royce
Consultant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  GlasgowOctober 1, 2017
An excellent manufacturing company but struggles with project based activities. This is obviously not the business as usual of a company like Rolls Royce hence the reason they need to bring in specific PM resource.
Product Structure Controller (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 1, 2017
Great work culture .Benefits are great.Discounts on many services.
On site yoga classes, bicycle group and many other groups to join if you are interested in meeting a fun energetic group of peers.
Human Resources runs the company
Facility Test & Measurement Technician (Former Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSSeptember 29, 2017
I don't know how they are still in business. You do not advance for working hard. It doesn't take long to realize this company doesn't look for the best qualified.
Poor Management
N/A (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 29, 2017
The company is financially struggling and does not have the cultural support to turn things around. They do not care about the average employee on any personal level. Favoritism abounds within the organization.
GREAT place to work.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHSeptember 16, 2017
Great people. Great little town in Ohio. It was a contract job for me and I couldn't stay. The people treated me with respect just like I was a permanent employee. Enjoyed my work there.
Pros
Great people, Good pay
Cons
Location around town is in the forest.
Initial position at Rolls-Royce
Senior Purchasing/Planner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2017
I was hired in from the steel industry to be the raw material buyer for the R&D facility. I quickly picked up other responsibilities such as purchasing services as well as ground support equipment. I was also able to program manage the AG9130 program which supplied Generator sets to the US Navy.
Busy office
Administration (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Excellent place to work but a busy office, Good people and enjoyable. Management is also fair overall a nice place to spend your working day. Learned a lot.
Rolls-Royce North American President
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Walpole, MASeptember 7, 2017
The current Naval President is extremely poor and more interested in himself than anyone else. Senior Leadership follows terrible behaviors and it is unpleasant for all employees.
Rolls-Royce
Technical specialist, seals (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2017
A true delight for hard core engineers. The company does carry and remember any and all valuable knowledge and expertise and has a relentless commitment to excellence (not a spin, actually true). As such, everyone is expected to contribute their utmost effort and talent. Not for slackers; for the passionate it is heaven on earth. Managers are actually subject-matter experts. Workplace discipline is heeded. I would rate this company as one of the best in the world.
Pros
Culture of excellence, sincere diversity
Cons
None found
Interesting and challenging work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2017
Work with a lot of smart and capable people. Agile work setting promotes openness, but can have environmental distractions. Lack of career advancement and development.
Great atmosphere
Pay Lane Worker (Current Employee) –  Fairfield County, CTAugust 31, 2017
As a pay lane worker I get to interactive with all members of the team. I am the first point of contact with new and returning attendants to the Rolls Royce event. I feel the Management organisation of my job to be of high standard. I really enjoy this job and happy to return each summer for the event.
Pros
Free Lunch and get to meet people from all areas of the world
Cons
Early starts
Great Place To Work
Intern (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 31, 2017
Though I was only there for a summer internship, Rolls-Royce offered me many opportunities for networking. In addition I also go to do a fair amount of organic skill development.
The business of change
VP Operations (Former Employee) –  AmericasAugust 28, 2017
An outstanding and supportive workforce with global change being the current strategy. Some indigestion and constipation when it comes to decision making and follow on actions. The ingredients are all there but the hesitation of implementation is debilitating. The improvement could be swift and effective without self imposed bureaucracy.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Frustration level
Rolls Royce
F402 Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 21, 2017
Good team and great place to work. It is hard to get into the defense aerospace community however, if you are able to, your qualities offer you a lot of freedom and opportunity.
Pros
flex, no micro managing
Cons
location
Constantly Changing work enviroment
Benefits Administrator Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2017
This was the first time I worked for a union employer. This develop a different mindset. Not all H/R related issues where the same for union and non-union employee.
Suitable for entry level engineers
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAAugust 15, 2017
Worked for Rolls Royce Engineering Services based in Moon Twp., PA. Suitable for entry level engineers looking to build experience. Decent pay but subpar benefits. Not a great deal of advancement potential. Starter job.
Love my job But relocating
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2017
Great place to work, Excellent culture, great team and leadership. Although I have not been here very long I will miss it when I relocate to WI. Only wish they had a division there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolls-Royce. Our community is ready to answer.