Rolls-Royce

Rolls-Royce Employee Reviews

No job security
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2015
Pros: High pay
Cons: no leadership
Management get changed out like underwear along with temp engineers, hourly gets laid off with no hope of coming back, don't rely on this place to support a family for years
HR is a great place to work in a company. I've met a lot of enjoyable employees.
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable place to work. People are great.
Cons: Working downtown Indianapolis across from Lucas Oil Stadium
I have learned quite a bit working at Rolls-Royce. I have over 30 years customer service experience withing a lot of my roles. At the present time I'm a HR Rep. I've learned about benefits and dealing with uinon and non-union employees. I work in a SAP system. My co-workers are really enjoyable to work with. We have three teams all with their own expertise of different areas. The hardest part for me in this position is when I start to build the case I can only finish it if it's for my team. In most of my customer service roles, I've completed the calls from beginning to end. Doing work the way that Rolls-Royce does it means I don't see the outcome of the issue. I like to follow through and make sure that the customer was taken care of from my point of view. The most enjoyable part of my day is my co-workers and helping others with their isssues.

Thanks
No opportunity for advancement
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), IndianapolisApril 18, 2015
Pros: pays decent
Cons: poorly managed
No job stability. Poorly managed. The workforce is mostly hourly and the benefits are decaying. Just like many other jobs the brunt of cost reductions are being taken from the backs of the workforce. The roof leaks and safety standards are barely met, if at all.
Excellent workforce hampered by bureaucracy
MRPC (Current Employee), Oakland, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good place to learn and carry out some 'best in class' practices.
Cons: Overall not a very agile organization.
Knowledgeable and dedicated employees who receive good compensation but are hampered by internal bureaucracy and industry regulations. While management does encourage 'thinking outside the box', there is little opportunity created to implement it.
Current centralized management system reporting to the UK via Indianapolis tends to prevent early adoption of new technologies/ideas and opportunities are missed.
In some areas employees assigned as Mentors were very helpful others not so much
Material Resource Planning Controller (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 14, 2015
Pros: If you were a permanent employee you had access to the parking garage
Cons: No tution assistance provided but still wanted to promote education, experience counted for nothing if you were applying for a different position, only interested in considering applicants if they were degree
Typical day was informative, colleagues in most areas were very helpful and supportive, since this is a company that is headquarter in the UK the culture is totally different then North America, more of my way attitude and no compassion for employees with families or outside activities, no consideration for time difference, expectation was to be on conference calls on the day and then go home and work late into the night and weekends just to get the job done that you were hired to do.
NONE Productive
Design Manager - Designer IV (Former Employee), Mt. Vernon, Ohio 43050April 7, 2015
Pros: Space Pilot Pro
Cons: The Dirt Beneath the 2 Story Shed.
Too set in their ways (The Boy's Club) hindered by ghost progression while striving to be the foresight of innovation in a jet setting technological environment. MANAGEMENT and it's minions totally lost sight of the BIGGER Picture with the results as follows.
Great Structural Facility, Very little transparency, and managerial support
Aerospace Turbine Blade Precision Welder (Current Employee), Prince George, vaApril 6, 2015
The Facility was well maintained, clean, and in a good location, management planning and support was lacking in transparency and communication.
World Class Gas Turbine Manufacturer
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 1, 2015
Pros: One of the best gas turbine manufacturers in the world.
Cons: Still has some old culture that holds it back in some areas.
Rolls, when I first got there, was stuck in the dark ages and had let the UAW control their every move. With time they began to advance, especially in the manufacture of turbine hardware.
They gave me the opportunity to create a new turbine blade grinding cell, which turned out to be world class and has been copied many times by other companies.
Great Career!
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, varied duties, new opportunities
Ability to work in different areas/departments allowed me to gain broad experience in both development and manufacturing.
Fast Paced quality driven environment
Documentation Controller (Former Employee), Mt. Vernon OhioMarch 16, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: not personal enough
Fast paced team environment with members responsible for multi project tasks daily. Employees expected to take on additional duties without compensation.
Company appreciation lunches
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: incentivies
Cons: managment uncertaninty at times.
Company has a great deal of fringe benefits to offer to their union employees. Provides cross training when needed. Each day presented you with a challenge. Great place to work.
outlook questionable
Aftermarket Services Program Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolois INFebruary 3, 2015
Great people. Management trying right the ship.

Development is not strong, cost cutting stops the chance for tuition reimbursement
Great people to work with
Technical Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: good location
Diverse and interesting work. Great co-workers. Pay and benefits are competitive. Learned much on a technical level and also a work relationship level. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my friends.
former machinist
Machinist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great pay & benifits
Cons: layoffs
Great pay and benefits. Worked there 15 years and was laidoff three times. Horrible managed. Four salary people for every one production worker.
Fun place to work
MRPc (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2015
Fun fast work environment with great co-workers. The hardest part of the job is learning the company structure and processes.
Cummins is a proven leader in industry and the community
Project Engineer - T56 Engine (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: company has strong leadership, is a market leader, with expanding portfolio. personal and career development both greatly supported.
Cons: customers are often competitors as well making for complicated partnerships.
Typical day can start with a supplier call to discuss potential design, meetings with component and service engineer to understand failure mode, and a chat with subject matter expert to develop validation plan. Management provides the guidance for success and for growth. Co-workers are a constant source of useful information and water-cooler chit chat. The hardest part of the day may be trying to coordinate the implementation of new product from overseas supplier to multiple plants. The most enjoyable part of the day is lunch with team-member at our favorite local eatery.
Flexible
Configuration Engineering Specialist (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: competitive pay
Cons: to many bosses
Flexible with work schedule for family and emergencies, good benefits.
great place to work.
Special Process Heat Treat Inspector (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: relaxed place to work
Cons: lay offs
I was layed off but is a great job. I loved the job. its great to have a good paying gig. i can only hope that the management can bring people back because of outsourcing. my co workers were great and helped alot.
Large ship with small keel not allowing creative thinking manuevering
Manager, Defense Aftermarket (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2014
Pros: a push for collaboration by physical environment is evident
Cons: coordination between functions -
Overall this company is a solid blue chip company. However, management layers prevent quick decisions on small projects. Strategies are dictated, not collaborative in nature and employees have little empowerment to make change. Another stifling element is the amount of meetings for the individual contributor. Takes away from their day to day tasks. Enjoyed the technical elements of the job and the customer service organization is top of their class for an aerospace company.
Rolls Royce was a clean and safe environment to work in.
CNC Setup Machinist/ Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 13, 2014
Pros: wages and benefits were the best i've ever had.
Cons: not being able to hold a dayshift position after 14 years of service.
I am happy and blessed to have had the opportunity to spend 14 years working for Rolls Royce. However; job cuts are a fact of life,and I must move on.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rolls-Royce

Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil – Read more