Rolls-Royce Employee Reviews

Poor job security
Data Services/Software Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAJanuary 14, 2017
As a new employee being payed well, I was among the first in a list of fifteen employees to be recently laid off, due to financial difficulty. Not a recommended employer.
Cut throat
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  GalvestonDecember 20, 2016
Maybe If you know the right person you can advance. I also think it has gotten to big. The travel was nice but it became too much. Never had much time at home
Pros
Job Security
Decent
Customer Support, Commercial Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 13, 2016
Totally depends on who your boss is. The most rewarding part of the job was the money. They were a little behind on taking care of employees. I wish they had taken HR more seriously.
Great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  scottsdale, azNovember 24, 2016
Great environment to work in, very great work culture, Friendly and professional. still in contact with several people that work there
Easy online
Payroll clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 16, 2016
Excellent online job.
Kept busy and worked from home.
Position easy and time consuming, balances pay.
Quick response and connection with staff.
Kept daily contact and worked few hours for great salary.
Pros
Hours and pay.
Cons
Hours And travel.
Nothing but the best - Engaged Leadership worldwide
Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2016
The engineering staff is amazing - Sr. Leadership is amazing. Love working for the company for 18 years. Very Blessed. Rolls-Royce believes in their employees a very diverse group of leaders within leadership roles.
Poor management
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Walpole, MANovember 7, 2016
Extremely poor management. They will do anything to make themselves look good It doesn't make who they take down on the way. Managers have favorites and only those people get raises even if you got a great review.
Cons
They strip more and more benefits every year.
Good working environment.
Production Planning and Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 3, 2016
Very good teamwork. Work together to get things done!

Overall, Rolls-Royce provides a healthy balance of work and family.
My experience with Rolls-Royce was generally positive one
Sr Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 5, 2016
As a Sr Service Engineer with this company I travelled most of the year to different shipyards conducting service, maintenance, and commissioning of that companies products including diesel engines, and generator sets, CPP and FP propellers, reduction gears, steering gears and rudders, winch motors, and water jets and much more. The hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job was the travel, I had my disagreements with manage meant at times but most of the time was of the same mainframe as them. I was always a loyal and hardworking employee but the travel took a toll on my personal life and that is when i decided to leave the company on good terms.
Summary
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2016
Good place to work for a Mechanical Engineer. Turbine engines present many design challenges. The workforce is large and diverse. Pay is appropriate.
OK, but not the best
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 19, 2016
Pay for similar jobs in the area are much better. Leadership is improving, but not there yet. I recommend to negotiate the pay you want up front, due to low/no pay raises and sporadic bonus'
Rolls Royce is a great company to work for.
Lead CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Prince George, VAJuly 24, 2016
Rolls Royce has a great cultural insight and diversity. The cutting edge of aerospace engineering and machining operations. Having a superb crew to work with, great engineering support and an atmophere that helps you enjoy your time at work. Like any company, its not all peaches and cream, you have challenges. You work though them as a team to have your customers satified with on time delievery.
Pros
Working with my crew
Cons
healthcare
Aviation to the core
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  DerbyJuly 22, 2016
7-4 work day. Very engineering environment. Great opportunity for international experience. Dilbert commercials still sum up most experiences
Terrible place to work
Engineer (Permanent) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 11, 2016
If you are a do'er, this is a terrible place to work. The only people who seem to get anywhere are liars and cutthroats. I've been here for 5 years. It's been 5 years too long.
Struggling to find new business
Process Excellence Master Black Belt, instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 29, 2016
This company has a great name and great people. The last seven years have seen a constant change in upper management. The new people do not seem to know how to grow the business nor respect the culture.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Ever changing office politics.
Friendly work environment
Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 1, 2016
As an inspector at RRC my day would start off with a department meeting on any new upcoming changes in our work process. then I would talk to the other inspectors to see what needed to be completed for that day. I definitely learned how to work with a wide variety of people of all races which was very interesting. The management team at RRC has its ups and downs, they can be your best friend when nothing has to be rushed out the door to customers or they can be your worst nightmare if their boss is pressuring them to up production numbers. Most co-workers there are very friendly and helpful but some of the veterans don't want to help the new employees joining the team. The hardest part of my job was the long hours but I really didn't mind them too much because I needed the OT. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning something new that I didn't know before.
Pros
great benefits and pay
Cons
lay-offs
Good Company to work for
Fabricator Assembler (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMarch 9, 2016
Good paying job and u learn something new each day. Coworkers are some of the best in the business. The management did the best possible job they could do.
Poor management and no recognition
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXMarch 8, 2016
I am really ready for a new job; love the work and that is it. Very technical and diverse job, i have learned a lot from it; but the management and upper management are horrible.
Pros
work
Cons
everything else
good place to work ecept closing
Fabricator Assembler and Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 5, 2016
job changes day buy day but work is nice.engineering always making errors and purchasing work force on floor always having to redo there work wait on new prints and parts creating alkinds of delays and driving up cost but geting blamed for it.
Pros
good pay
Cons
they value salary over hourly and blame mistakes and cost on hourly
lead the electrical and sw engineers as well as audio visual systems integration division
Electrical & SW Eng Lead (Former Employee) –  Williamson, NYFebruary 1, 2016
A lot of multitasking, project mgmt, leading systems integration design directives
obtaining the correct skill set for the right job and keep the team motivated. especially with long term projects can be challenging
Stay in budget with significant unknowns while allowing for innovation.
the final product/solution delivered while meeting specifications,and requirements from a satisfied customer is most enjoyable
Pros
great people and always new things to learn
Cons
a lot of travel may be required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolls-Royce. Our community is ready to answer.