Romano's Macaroni Grill

Romano's Macaroni Grill Employer Reviews

Fun workplace for a part time job
Head Server (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, short shifts, easy money/tips
Cons: no breaks, always on your feet
I worked here during college as a part time server/waiter. It was a good job and I learned a lot of 'up selling'. Examples of 'up selling' wine, deserts, appetizers, salads, etc.,
It is painful to get up and go to a job you only do in the weekends.
Busser, set tables, and assist the waiters (Current Employee), Bayamón, PRFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: i work 3 days a week.
Cons: stressful, not enough hours, bullied, managers don't treat you like a human being, etc.
It is painful to get up and go to a job you only do in the weekends. It is even more painful to work 8 excrutiating hours for them and not even receive a "Thank you" or a "Good job". I have been bullied by managers and co-workers alive and if there is any proof of my resolve is having endured 3 years in this company without ever leaving. Not even for vacation because I obviously don't get it.
Bus Boy job
Buss Boy (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: work with friend, experience
Cons: bad management, no moving up, favoring, company needs work
A start in the industry. A company that needs work on fulfilling employee needs and customer satisfaction. Bad co-workers. Bad management. and No room for advancement because of favoring.
Productive and fun workplace with showcase kitchen
General Manager (Current Employee), Wellington, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: working with people you enjoy
Cons: the dying culture
Opening the store at 8:00 in the morning checking numbers doing tipout, checking over the schedules and asseting my ready checklist and line check for the AM and make sure that the PM shift is stocked and ready to go. create a relax fun envirnment for my guest and staff and ensure that my managers are doing the samethings. Conduct manager meetings and FATTRs so that everyone knows what we are serving today and may be 86. Touch bases with my PM manager and leave task and expectations to be met and follow-up.
Good place
Server and Trainer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 1, 2015
This was a good place to work. It was truly a positive experience for me. Management and co-workers were always helpful. I leaned a lot working here.
Enjoyable Job
Grill Chef (Current Employee), Buford, GAJanuary 30, 2015
I've learned alot in my first culinary job that I would love to take to other places and learn alot more. The management is great, and the opportunity to learn more about the job is always there.
Fine dining with good music
Waitress (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2015
A good job for a college student with flexible hours, fun coworkers, and good food.
Excellent co-workers and a great environment to perform.
Opera Singer (Former Employee), San Juan, Puerto RicoJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: free dinners, service
A typical day at this previous job was to perform arias and classical opera songs, some unrecognizable but some very popular like, for example, "O sole mio". The moments I cherished the most were when people approached me and wanted me to sing specific songs at their dining tables, and when children or elder people hugged me after performing a song. Waitresses and waiters were fantastic people to work around with, they would help me out with everything I needed at the moment. Definitely, there was not a hard time at this job, everything was pleasant and enjoyable.
Nice place to work.
Bus Boy, Server (Former Employee), pines FLJanuary 14, 2015
Typically I clocked in and checked my sidework for my shift. Got things organized and prepared to serve customers. Worked about 6 hour shifts, cleaned up, and went home. I learned how to better speak and deal with customers in good and bad situations. Management was nice but not very organized. There was virtually no team work, which was heavily needed. I enjoyed the friendly customers and employees. Especially the food.
Fun job,management is hit ,or miss
Server/buser (Former Employee), Redlands,caJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch, great customers
Cons: management can vary by location
Fun job,but quality of management varies by location. Fast paced,but tips have since suffered. Tips are based on appetizers sold by servers;furthermore the tip pool for busers is shared with hosts . Moreover, a buser will now only make 10-20$ per shift while previously busers would average 20-40$ per shift.
Location Closed
Culinary Manager (Former Employee), Tallahassee, flJanuary 12, 2015
I learned about Ecosure inspections and the importance of teaching your team sanitary structure. A typical day included but is not limited to the following: cash maintenance, prep scheduling, ensuring staffing levels and appearance, opening checklist completion, line check and FOH opening procedures as well.
worst job ever
server (Former Employee), va beachDecember 30, 2014
Pros: nice guests
Cons: food management no structure
I wasted 10 years of my life here! Yes 10 I stayed on that long because I made good money but otherwise worst place I've ever worked! Food handling left alot to be desired needless to say I never ate there and still don't! Management was a joke had.no clue as to what staff was doing at any given time not to mention that they were rude and unorganized! Wouldn't rexcomend this job to anyone!!!
great people to work for
Server (Former Employee), Decatur, GADecember 21, 2014
excellent company
wonderful managers
love the job
learned about wine and wine pairings
very busy but a good place to work
Expeditor (Former Employee), pembroke pinesDecember 19, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: lack of input from employees
I would supervise the prep of all product used for service that day, as well as check all plates before it leaves for the table.working with professionals makes all the difference. when service times were starting to climb they would hope on line and help out.my co-workers and i always got along well.The haedest thing i had to deal with was letting a employee go for not doing the job properly.
Fast paced.
Line Cook/ Pantry Chef (Former Employee), Lakewood, CODecember 19, 2014
I had lots of fun working here as a pantry chef. Everyone was friendly and easy to get along with.
great
General Manager (Current Employee), Montrose, OHDecember 10, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: healthcare
great, good work environment, have nothing else to say. i moved from minneapolis, now am in ohio. running the number one store in the company.
fun place
bartender (Former Employee), Northridge, CANovember 29, 2014
overall good place to work, they have a really wonderful environment in which you can sing to guests

management and team members are very friendly
Work Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 5, 2014
Very busy place, Always crowded so great customer service skills required. Always have to be dressed very professional, ready to smile and ready to be on your feet at all times
Very Fun Workplace
Singer/Hostess (Former Employee), Cary, NCOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free dinners
Cons: no benefits/part time work
I loved this job. The management was excellent, the co workers were excellent as well. Every night it was a team effort.
Company in Trouble
Manager (Former Employee), Ramsey, NJOctober 22, 2014
Unorganized and a tragic attempt to regain guest base along with a refire of a long past concept that did well in the '90's.

1 2 3 4 5

About Romano's Macaroni Grill

Inspired by Italian trattoria cuisine, culture, and conversation, Romano’s Macaroni Grill has been proudly serving unforgettable – Read more

Romano's Macaroni Grill Photos