Romano's Macaroni Grill Employee Reviews

Cool place to work at.
Server (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 19, 2017
At first I didn't make too much money because the pay is mostly based on tips. After I got a better understanding of working in a corporate restaurant, the pay was very nice.
Not open anymore
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Great corporate restaurant with great work schedules and staff. Unfortunately this property closed around my area and was not able to continue working for them.
Not very good.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Days are short, but seem to last. The managers ask things of you they wouldn't do themselves. I learned how to communicate and manage my emotions better, but I dont recommend working here, unless you really need a job. The people are just stressful. You'll be lucky to make 25+ hours a week.
Pros
Food isn't bad
Cons
Everything else
okay enviornment
Busser (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 13, 2017
Being a new worker there I had to learn quick which I did. But working there was okay. The managers were okay, they were all busy. not my co-workers and I had a chance to talk. the atmosphere was just okay.
Horrible
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 13, 2017
The staff are undertrained and management has no intentions in putting the work into improving the overall working conditions. I would not recommend working here.
Amazing Place To Work At
Host (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 9, 2017
RMG is a amazing job. Good employees and management. They are very good about working with your schedule and making sure you have time off thru the week.
I was there to open the restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 31, 2017
The training to open was intense and enjoyable. Lots of employees. Lots of fun and then I returned to my other job after a few months. After I saw there was no growth in the company I went back full time to my other position.
Great restaurant and food was amazing! Long hours but compensated accordingly.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2017
High volume restaurant that demanded everyone to be on point. Teamwork was a essential to provide guest with amazing service. Great co-workers and management that insured the restaurant was functioning at it optimal potential.
Poor follow through
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2017
Poor judgement, rash decisions made. Very poor communication from supervisor to workers. Job was not hard but poor leadership made for undo stressing situations.
Pros
Cons
Supervisor
Place shut down
Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 26, 2017
This location shut down due to many things such as cleanliness and bad management. I had fun while working there and made good money but it was overall not a great place.
Enjoyed working with many people over the years
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 23, 2017
After 11 years, I was afforded the opportunity to work in every part of the front of the house, as well as get to travel to 15 different new store openings to train. Only reason I left was because of the birth of my twins, and I became a stay-at-home dad.
Pros
Good job, good pay
Cons
non-tippers
college job
Server (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 22, 2017
it was a great college job to work . I learned a lot about the basics of a servers responsibilities . At the time management was flexible and worked around my college situation. I made a lot of money and ate a lot of good Italian food
Constant opportunity to grow professionally.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed the atmosphere. The constant opportunity to learn a new position made me versatile. Once I was a salaried manager I had the opportunity to be a Service Manager in FOH (Bar, Busser, Host & Server Manager). Then when the opportunity became available I was a Culinary Manager. When even more opportunity arrived, I was able to return to my service roots and resume my position as a Service Manager. I was even asked to spearhead a marketing campaign that grew our catering and banquet sales by 22% in the first quarter!
Pros
Good people, culture & food!
Cons
I have no con's, I was just ready to learn a new concept.
Too many changes in ownership
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAAugust 14, 2017
When I came aboard Mac Grill it was a great company to work for. I really thought that I had found the pace that I was going to stay for a very long time. I saw myself growing with the company and believed in the brand. I did advance in the company from Manager to General Manager but as a company the top leadership did not have a clear vision on which direction they wanted to take the company...there were constant changes in SOP's and we started to make less and less product from scratch which was one of the aspects of the company that I loved!
Great Place To Work
Service Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 13, 2017
I enjoyed interacting with guest. My favorite part was learning the history of the company in training. It can get really busy and hectic but having an organized team does wonders!
Pros
Reduced Price Lunch, Lasting friendships
Cons
short breaks, uniform
was once strong, has fallen off over the years
Server (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 12, 2017
I spent 10 years at Macaroni Grille. In the beginning, all the food was fresh and the restaurant was well staffed with competent people. Over the years, I watched as the company began to cut corners: pre made frozen food, less staff per shift and lax hiring standards.
Pros
Cons
need a lot of volume to make any money
Fun, fast paced restaurant
Hostess/Catering/Server (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 12, 2017
Working for Macaroni Grill was a great experience.
Although I worked part time and thus didn't make a lot of money, the experience I got was a lot more meaningful.
Working with many different people and dealing with customers on a day-to-day basis gave me a lot of customer service skills and I find that it was truly eye opening.
Changes
Developer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 11, 2017
I worked there for 5 years and loved it. I learned a lot and it made me love working with people. I enjoyed the people I worked with. I got to experience different parts of every job.
Mac grill was an exciting company to work for many opportunities are giving
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 11, 2017
My time a mac grill was enjoyable, I opened five restaurants for them and traveled frequently. The work was rewarding and challenging. I learned a lot about systems and how to use them effectively.
Pros
Travel
stressful environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 8, 2017
A typical day at work consists of poor management which leads to unhappy servers which leads to unhappy guests. there is so much potential that I see in the store but nothing will change until the managers do
Pros
half off discount
Cons
anxiety

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Romano's Macaroni Grill. Our community is ready to answer.