Ronald McDonald House Charities - Program Manager
Job Status: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
The program manager provides oversight and management for Ronald McDonald House programs including: RMH, Ronald Rooms at Children’s Hospital of VCU, Ronald Rooms at Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital and the rooms at Bon Secours Guest House.
Program oversight includes: staffing structures, volunteer coverage, supplies, referral process, hospitality, equipment management and third party billing.
- Work with all the members of the RMHC – Richmond staff and Board of Directors to achieve the goal of providing the best possible “Home Away from Home” services for families with children receiving medical care in Richmond.
- Maintain open communication with all RMHC - Richmond Staff and Board of Directors
- Serve as liaison with the Richmond Hospitals and Pediatric Specialty Care Community, ie. Lead point person on referrals, coordinate process and educational trainings for hospital staff
- Coordinates weekday office, holiday, vacation, and weekend coverage for program operations
- Ensures program compliance with RMHC Global policies
- Implement third-party billing system for eligible families
- Coordinate monthly staff trainings for all House Assistants
- Implement and oversee regular crisis response drills and procedures
- Meet regularly with House Assistants to ensure coverage for regular house volunteers, implementation of weekly family programming, family support services and hospital support services
- Keeps inventory of program supplies and needs; updates wish list
- Leads special projects with the help of house assistants to include holidays and family special occasions.
- Ensures all Ronald Room information is given to the Business Management Assistant in a timely manner to ensure accurate reporting.
- Acts as House Maintenance Specialist – tracking all repairs and creates a calendar of regular upkeep for program spaces including House and Ronald Rooms.
- Updates policy manual and other House materials as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Note: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Employees must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
1. College Diploma preferred. Two years related paid work experience required.
2. Supervisory experience and volunteer experience preferred.
3. Typing and computer skills necessary-word, excel
4. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
5. Demonstrated initiative, problem solving ability and diplomacy
6. Able to perform duties with minimum direction and supervision
7. Demonstrate positive attitude toward guests, donors, volunteers and others who come in contact with the House
8. Demonstrate respect for the privacy and confidentiality of all guests and agency information
9. Demonstrate genuine interest in the successful operation of the House
10. Able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
11. Able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
12. Able to perform basic life operational skills of walking, fingering, grasping, talking hearing and repetitive motions
13. Able to lift and move objects weighing 30 lbs
14. Visual acuity to operate a computer terminal and read extensively
Reporting to This Position: Part-time House Assistants
Starting Salary: Competitive Salary, 80% Health, PTO and 4% match in 403(b) retirement plan
Position Open until May 1st.
Ronald McDonald House Charities provides a home away from home for families whose children are receiving medical treatment in Richmond,...