Ronald McDonald House Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAFebruary 13, 2018
I worked in the Family Support Services team in RMH Loma Linda (CA). Here, I was given the opportunity to work with couples, individuals, children and families. The most difficult part of the job was that all of the clients were experiencing some grief or loss of family members, or trying to process family members being diagnosed with critical illnesses. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was helping my clients process some of the most difficult times of their lives.
GREAT place to work!!!
Weekend Relief MGR (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 23, 2018
I could not ask for a better place to work in all of my life.
The Mgmt is kind, respectful & courteous towards everyone.

I really enjoy every day that I walk into Ronald McDonald House.
making sure that you register new guest or check our guest. Answer the phone.
Make sure that the rooms are cleaned with fresh clean linen and that the rooms are cleaned.
My goodness the work culture is the greatness place i have ever worked at in my life. i love and enjoy it!

The hardest part is that it is only a PT job and I would love for it to be full-time.
Pros
EVERYTHING!! Mgmt is the best EVER!!
Cons
The pay could be better & i wish that I was full time.
A Place to call Home
House Manager/Volunteer Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2018
I loved working with the families and staff at RMH. Knowing that I could help the children and families during a difficult time made my heart full. It is an amazing place to work, and it was an amazing workvfamily to be apart of.
Pros
Free food; good people
Cons
Different hours
Great work environment
Table Busser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 13, 2018
Working with Goodwill and Ronald McDonald House of charities was awesome and people that we helped were so respectful i had a fun time cleaning and really learning.
It was always enlightening and fun to do volunteer work there.
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 8, 2018
I'm only a volunteer so I don't get paid but I am okay with that. The Management and I get along great, and I usually do whatever they ask me to and they are satisfied. The hardest part of the job was seeing sick children. The most enjoyable part of it is probably everything, I learned to be grateful for what I have.
Pros
The people
Cons
It was sad at times
Joyful
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Ronald Mcdonald House is a fun place to be at it's for sick children but being around them it's little sad but they bring joy to your day no matter what
Volunteer Work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 2, 2018
I volunteered here for one day. Was a pleasant experience being able to put in my time to help out others who were in need of a desired service/food.
Ronald McDonald House
Family Service House Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 29, 2017
The environment and staff have been a wonderful experience for me at the Ronald McDonald House. Even though we are always on the go and doing something we have fun and get the job done right. I have loved working at the House thus far and look forward to the future.
Volunteer
Intern (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 28, 2017
Kids were amazing as well as the parents i volunteer there with EWT school in Holyoke played games with the kids picked out toys for the kids i had an awesome experience with the Ronald McDonald house
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 16, 2017
Ronald McDonald House of the Four States is a wonderful place to serve families who have children in the hospital. It is very rewarding and fun. I love children and my role in helping them flourish.,
Great Volunteer Experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 28, 2017
I have been volunteering here for a little over a year now. I enjoy the experiences I have gained working within a nonprofit. It is reassuring to know that the work I am doing is a having a greater impact on the community!
Pros
fulfilling feeling, flexible time, good culture
Cons
volunteering is unpaid, location
Great place
Feeding Distressed Families - Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 15, 2017
Nothing to say, other than this was great volunteering experience. One should at some point give back to the community that made him. All in all, the experience was enriching on a personal and philanthropic basis.
Very rewarding
Bed Warmer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 8, 2017
I loved the staff I worked with. This was very rewarding. Unfortunately we were under a third party contract and the contract ended. I really like this job and would recommend it.
Great organization with genuine people who believe in the mission
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNOctober 17, 2017
Love working at RMH. I feel valued by my co-workers and management. There are a lot of young women who work in my region which brings a great, up beat energy not found at other organizations I have worked for. A typical day involves housekeeping (laundry, loading/unloading dishwasher, etc), greeting and touring new families, greeting hosting volunteers and meal servers, data entry, etc. My manager and assistant manager are approachable and friendly. I have met the VP and CEO, and members of the board of directors and it is nice to see upper management involved at the one on one level of the organization too. I generally work alone so prioritizing and multi-tasking are essential. The hardest part of the job is being the only staff member on duty on a "high needs" day. and the hours are either early starts (8am) or late ends (10pm). The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with families, and volunteers.
Pros
Able to eat meals there
Cons
Only staff on duty, working holidays, the shifts are either early morning or go late into the night.
Great Place to Get Involved with Non Profits
Special Events Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 4, 2017
Every day brought something new to the table and I always looked forward to going into work there. The events are extremely fun to plan and even more fun to attend and see your hard work pay off. I would recommend this internship to any college students looking to get their foot in the door of non profit organizations or event planning.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Awesome company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 29, 2017
If I didn't have to relocate due to husband's military obligations l never would have resigned. Wish I could find a parent company that was affiliated in my new location.
Pros
Upper management were wonderful people
Cons
N/a
Good experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2017
This was a good experience. I learned a lot and realized that families that stay at the Ronald McDonald house need love and support through the hard times.
productive workplace!
sales assciate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 7, 2017
our main goal was to satisfy our customers with great customer service. We wanted to enhance their experience so that they would want to return and enjoy their food and service again.
Pros
discounts and sales
Cons
working enviorment
Most Rewarding Job
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 5, 2017
Working at the Ronald McDonald house is one of the most rewarding jobs you can get. All the hard work of buying the food, delivering it, and preparing it for the children is all worth it once you see their beautiful smiles on their face.
My time with Ronald McDonald House
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 3, 2017
It was volunteer work, but with what I had done with them was not only to bring joy to the kids that were there, but they did homeless out reach and feeding the homeless, which was pretty satisfying,