Ronald McDonald House

Ronald McDonald House Employee Reviews in United States

student volunteer
Student Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2016
Maintained a healthy living environment for children and families whose child was hospitalized long-term
Ensured families were comfortable by providing a home-like experience during their stay
Great place to help those in need
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 9, 2016
The Ronald McDonald house was a great experience. I was able to help those in need and those in need felt safe an secure at the house.
Nice Owner while baking cookies
Community Service (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 4, 2016
I loved baking cookies with her to give to women and children
They were really kind and i felt great while baking cookies for them
really nice place good management
Pros
Free left over cookies
Cons
N/A
Great Place to work
Weekend House Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 23, 2016
This is a great place to work, You meet so many good people. And the company helps out a lot of families. The house has 13 room in it and around the clock staffing . Also we have volunteers that come give their time, as far as cooking ,cleaning, and donations as well.
Pros
Everything you learn
Cons
N/A
Completely inadequate management that is self serving
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 8, 2016
Loved the mission, loved the job, the management, however left very much to be desired.
A typical day was non-existant, maybe one of the reasons I enjoyed the work, unfortunately the "Executive Director" felt threatened by anyone that might have better ideas or experience than she, so rather than appreciate the contributions of others, she shuts them out and makes their life miserable.
Great place to volunteer
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 29, 2015
I volunteered throughout college. All of the people who worked and volunteered there were very kind and fabulous to work with. They were very considerate of the volunteers time and schedules.
Mission to provide a "home away from home" was a rewarding aspect to meet the needs of families
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 2, 2015
I found my job to be very rewarding but challenging at times. Parents and families in crisis have different needs and respond differently to patient/family events. Management was very supportive. My job entailed working at night and at times there were emergency situations I had to respond to. I enjoyed meeting families and siblings of patients. At times, there were grief situations and it was important for me to recognize the pastoral needs of families as well as volunteers that had been working with a family. I created a database for a yearly remembrance card to be sent to the family.
Pros
Management was supportive as were volunteers.
Cons
Working at night didn't give me the opportunity to meet the daytime volunteers.
I worked in Walmart as a sales associate
Volunteer / Community Service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2015
I worked in Walmart in the unloader department, in the produce department, in the dairy department, and in the pets department and I loved what I did there at the time, I love helping people
Fun volunteer play.
House, volunteer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 9, 2015
I volunteered here and played games with the kids. The people were friendly. Nothing was hard about it considering we played games. I enjoy being able to help out my local community.
Pros
prizes
Cons
too short
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78411July 30, 2015
As a charity place, Ronald McDonald house was an extremely rewarding place to volunteer. My experience with the families have taught me a lot as a person.
Excellent Volunteer Oppertunity
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Long Branch, NJJuly 15, 2015
Job advancement and work benefits are non-applicable in my case because I was a Volunteer for the Ronald McDonald House. I was able to write letters and help organize certain events, further sharpening my administrative skills.
Volunteering at RMHC
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 12, 2015
A typical volunteer day at the house included: cleaning vacant rooms, emptying refrigerator, cleaning kitchen, and assisting guests with anything necessary. Eventually, I was left in charge when the manager had to step out. At that time, I would answer phone calls, manage check in and check out, and assist with deliveries and guests.
One of the best organizations
Volunteer & Extracurricular (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 23, 2015
Ronald Mcdonald house is a great organization that helps people in need. I love making people happy and making people satisfied.
Excellent program providing vital humanitarian relief to families
Director of Development/ Phila (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2015
One need only visit the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House, (the house that love built) to see that it does radiate that love. Families spend brief to long periods of time in clean and attractive sleeping areas while their children receive medical care at the local children's hospital. While at the PRMH, families also receive support from staff as well as excellent home-cooked meals mostly provided by civic, religious and educational groups who bring the food and use the in house kitchen to cook a nurturing meal. Families eat together which gives them a place to share support from other families staying at the house. Its truly inspiring to see the healing support that is shared and given.
Pros
Inspiring to see how families fight for their children and support one another
Cons
Emotionally difficult to witness the trials families must endure
Good Company
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2015
This company is there to help every family that needed help. They never said no to anyone and everyone there was very nice. There they were in charged of making the food for the kids in the hospital.
Positive setting. Tend to patients of St. Jude and their families.
Shift Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2015
I monitor the front desk and help the children and their families in anyway that I'm capable. I've learned patience, understanding, and ambition. It's a very friendly place to be. I get the most out of being able to help people and put joy in peoples lives when there may not be much at the time. Creating a friendship with the families can be bittersweet at times.
Pros
Doing what I can to help the families. Creating less stress for the families.
Cons
It can be very stressful and hectic, Hearing about patients that have passed away is extremely difficult.
The Job is rewarding
Evening/Overnight Assistant Manager -Part-time (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 16, 2015
The hardest part of working their is getting close with the families, especially when they lose a love one. The job has it benefits and the co-workers are nice and we all get a long.
Pros
great place to work
again, a nice place to work but it could be very sad.
Volunteer, Children's Events (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
this was a place that housed families and children that were diagnosed with cancer.
It was very rewarding to be able to see many of the children become cured and go home.
Humbling work experience
Volunteer and Community Service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 20, 2015
Humbling experience to go in and volunteer with this great organization. Had a blast being able to make a difference each day.
friendly volunteer work
Volunteer Secretary (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 16, 2015
secretary work
everyone was a team player
helping terminally ill kids