Ronald McDonald House Employee Reviews

Welcoming
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 4, 2017
The workers and managers here are so friendly and welcoming. I felt like we were a family because we got to know each other so well and they cared so much for my well-being.
Work that matters
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 15, 2017
The best thing about working here is that you are surrounded by the people who your work is helping. Management offers good guidance and there is always something to be doing.
Love what RMH stands for.
NWO. Family Services Manager/Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 14, 2017
Love what RMH stands for. The families in need here are wonderful to work with and truly appreciate what is done here. Management here is a bit to be desired but all in all I think its a great place to work.
Volunteer
Volunteering (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 12, 2017
Volunteer work at the Ronald McDonald house consisted of "breakfast on the go" meal prep and dinner, for parents whose children are seeking treatment.
great person, honest and responsible
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2017
Between co-worker we had a committee where we meet every two weeks and plan event for us,like get a cake for birthdays, plant all holidays event like bring food for lunch. A typical day always busy. A very culture place many different nationality great experience learning about other cultures.Management were very considerate and
professional. the most enjoyable part of my job was when we had events with the children.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
2 hour ride going to work and 2 hour from work daily
Lovely place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 20, 2017
The people that volunteer here are fantastic and they do it out of the goodness of their heart. They are a small community and they all like to work together and make sure the patients at the childrens hospital and their families are well taken care of.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 26, 2017
Cooked meals for the people of Ronald McDonald house. Many sick people there so we did our best to provide a meal for them two years in a row
Fun and fulfilling place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 29, 2016
fast pace but worth it! You learn different ways to communicate with families who are going through a tough time in their lives. The management was fantastic! They really work with you to help you have the hours that work best for you.
Productive, fun, and educational
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 29, 2016
Productive, fun, and educational. Cleaned Rooms & hallways, did laundry, participated in events for kids. I learned a lot about the effects that critical injuries and health problems have on other members of the patients family. Volunteering there has helped me to appreciate life and have compassion for others.
fun place and a great way to add things to your resume!
Community Service Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 17, 2016
I loved working here!
The staff was friendly, and I loved meeting new people.
the was nothing hard about the job, but I enjoyed baking goodies for the families there.
Loving and caring worplace
house operations manager (Current Employee) –  529 Moye Blvd Greenville, NCDecember 14, 2016
A typical day at work includes talking to various people from Vidant Medical Center, taking donations, taking referrals, light maintenance, talking to families, just basic communication. I have learned so much about what the Ronald McDonald House stands for, I really love what I do here. I enjoy the co workers and the families. The hardest part is seeing the families at their worst when it comes down to their children. The job is not really hared at all, It is a very easy job.
Pros
My staff
Cons
Not to many, Maybe just families when they are very ill and upset, but I understand why.
Love it!
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 2, 2016
This company is a great company to work for. Employers are very caring, and they genuinely care for these children. Awesome vibe.
Fantastic place to work
Charity Enhancement Family Room Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 9, 2016
Ronald McDonald House Charities is a fantastic place to work. The benefits are great and the families that you have the pleasure of working for and helping are so appreciative of staff and volunteers. It is very heart warming to be able to provide care for these families in the midst of their child or children being hospitalized for life threatening illnesses.
Pros
Salary, benefits, great volunteers
Cons
Not all the families have a great outcome and are able to take their child or children home
Excellent work place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 27, 2016
this was very nice job where I used to to a lot of things like I have a bunch of work orders every day, special projects once a month, taking charge of groups of volunteers, driving occasionally the kids to school
Pros
free food and games
Cons
breaks every 2 hours
Great volunterring experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2016
While I was there I worked with fellow volunteers to help families that were dealing with sick children at the hospital. It was a great experience, especially with me being a psychology major. I talked with families to help them cope with the situation they were going through. It helped me develop great relationships with the families. I also made beds and helped around the location to make sure families had something to eat and feel like they were at a home away from home.
Enjoyed working with Ronald McDonald House Houston
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2016
This was a very rewarding position because we were able to provide customer service to families of very sick children. I learned first hand what families go through when their little ones are sick. Everyone from Management to co-workers worked well together in providing this service.
Pros
Paid Parking
Fun
Charity and Volunteer work (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 21, 2016
This wasn't a job, it was volunteer work to cook for the families that had sick children in their hospital. We would make breakfast and coffee for the families then actually eat with them as well and interact. My coworkers in this case were my club mates and class mates. I enjoyed watching the parents, siblings of sick children get a decent meal. I enjoyed having a warm home cooked meal with them. The hardest part was listening to some of their stories of the illness that took over their and their child's life.
Pros
watching them smile
Receptionist responsible for filing papers (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29203September 10, 2016
Great overall place to work. You get to meet different people with different stories. You are able to help people by doing the smallest tasks for them.
Ronald McDonald House
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2016
cleaning the bedroom, bathroom.and all that need to be clean i learn about what Ronald McDonald house is all about and what it dose for all those families that have sick children
Pros
free lunch one hour lunch breaks
Cons
no Benefits
Ronald McDonald House provides housing and meals to the children who are being treated at the Stanford Hospital
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAAugust 10, 2016
Ronald McDonald House provideds housing and meals to the children who are patients at Stanford Children's Hospital in Palo Alto, CA. It is a good company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ronald McDonald House. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6