Ronald McDonald House

Ronald McDonald House Employee Reviews in United States

Ronald Mcdonald House was a once in a life time experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 19, 2016
I went with my sister to take care of people in need and the Ronald McDonald House really appreciates people in need. They are kind and willing to make sure everyone leaves better than they arrived.
A Typical Day at Work
Weekend Manager (Former Employee) –  Mānoa Valley, HIMay 31, 2016
Management responsibilities included: Check-in and Check-out for the families of children under hospital care. Cleaning, and maintenance of the house. Driving patients and families to and from the hospital. Assistance with food preparation, and event organization.
Pros
Meeting families, and joining them in their day to day living
Cons
unforeseen emergencies
Fun Volunteer Place to help with kids and others.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 31, 2016
Fun, Good experience and cool to see how it all works as an volunteer. It was cool and a good experience to help others with things they cannot do themselves.
Positive and great patience ready to constantly teach
Volunteer Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 30, 2016
Working at McDonald's i learned, great skills to use in my everyday life. Like, Patience to reach excellence in every thing i do and every situation that comes my way. I have to be calm and understanding to solve any problem. Every day at McDonald expect for problems and angry customers its the way of fast food life. But stay positive and learn from the situation and use what you learned for the next time. my co-workers i worked with were great and they were awesome teachers and i felt like work was my second home. i am thankful McDonalds was my wonderful first job.

i enjoyed mcdonalds
volunteer
Committee/Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2016
volunteer, home for families of medically needy patients. families from all over the country my come here
food and shelter is provided
Pros
fun
Cons
non
This is an absolutely horrible place to work
Weekend House Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 25, 2016
Ronald McDonald Houses are great organizations as a whole, with the exception of the local branch. I have nothing positive to say about it. You will never need a job bad enough to endure working there.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list here
Eye opening job!
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  730 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52245April 28, 2016
Working for the Ronald McDonald House EIWI has been one of the most rewarding jobs I have had! It has given me a lot of experience to work with people from all parts of the spectrum as well as the experience to work with families in high crisis areas.
student volunteer
Student Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2016
Maintained a healthy living environment for children and families whose child was hospitalized long-term
Ensured families were comfortable by providing a home-like experience during their stay
Great place to help those in need
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 9, 2016
The Ronald McDonald house was a great experience. I was able to help those in need and those in need felt safe an secure at the house.
Nice Owner while baking cookies
Community Service (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 4, 2016
I loved baking cookies with her to give to women and children
They were really kind and i felt great while baking cookies for them
really nice place good management
Pros
Free left over cookies
Cons
N/A
Great Place to work
Weekend House Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 23, 2016
This is a great place to work, You meet so many good people. And the company helps out a lot of families. The house has 13 room in it and around the clock staffing . Also we have volunteers that come give their time, as far as cooking ,cleaning, and donations as well.
Pros
Everything you learn
Cons
N/A
Completely inadequate management that is self serving
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 8, 2016
Loved the mission, loved the job, the management, however left very much to be desired.
A typical day was non-existant, maybe one of the reasons I enjoyed the work, unfortunately the "Executive Director" felt threatened by anyone that might have better ideas or experience than she, so rather than appreciate the contributions of others, she shuts them out and makes their life miserable.
Great place to volunteer
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 29, 2015
I volunteered throughout college. All of the people who worked and volunteered there were very kind and fabulous to work with. They were very considerate of the volunteers time and schedules.
Mission to provide a "home away from home" was a rewarding aspect to meet the needs of families
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 2, 2015
I found my job to be very rewarding but challenging at times. Parents and families in crisis have different needs and respond differently to patient/family events. Management was very supportive. My job entailed working at night and at times there were emergency situations I had to respond to. I enjoyed meeting families and siblings of patients. At times, there were grief situations and it was important for me to recognize the pastoral needs of families as well as volunteers that had been working with a family. I created a database for a yearly remembrance card to be sent to the family.
Pros
Management was supportive as were volunteers.
Cons
Working at night didn't give me the opportunity to meet the daytime volunteers.
I worked in Walmart as a sales associate
Volunteer / Community Service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2015
I worked in Walmart in the unloader department, in the produce department, in the dairy department, and in the pets department and I loved what I did there at the time, I love helping people
Fun volunteer play.
House, volunteer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 9, 2015
I volunteered here and played games with the kids. The people were friendly. Nothing was hard about it considering we played games. I enjoy being able to help out my local community.
Pros
prizes
Cons
too short
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78411July 30, 2015
As a charity place, Ronald McDonald house was an extremely rewarding place to volunteer. My experience with the families have taught me a lot as a person.
Excellent Volunteer Oppertunity
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Long Branch, NJJuly 15, 2015
Job advancement and work benefits are non-applicable in my case because I was a Volunteer for the Ronald McDonald House. I was able to write letters and help organize certain events, further sharpening my administrative skills.
Volunteering at RMHC
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 12, 2015
A typical volunteer day at the house included: cleaning vacant rooms, emptying refrigerator, cleaning kitchen, and assisting guests with anything necessary. Eventually, I was left in charge when the manager had to step out. At that time, I would answer phone calls, manage check in and check out, and assist with deliveries and guests.
One of the best organizations
Volunteer & Extracurricular (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 23, 2015
Ronald Mcdonald house is a great organization that helps people in need. I love making people happy and making people satisfied.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ronald McDonald House. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6