Ronald McDonald House

Ronald McDonald House Employer Reviews

Fun.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 6, 2014
Pros: helping people, getting experience
Cons: seeing families leave without their children.
While working at Ronald McDonald house I loved everything about it. All of the team members and guests were nothing but nice while working there. Answering phone calls, and being able to see families leave to go home with their now healthy children was the main thing I loved about my job. Among being with the team members my co-workers were people I – more... looked forward to seeing when I'd walk in. There were plenty of days I went in stressed and I was able to enjoy my job. Even on days when families lost one of their loved ones while staying there, as members we helped them through their tough time and made sure they were able to get anything and everything they needed. Ronald McDonald house made me grow up and see things I never thought I would, which is why I recommend anyone who's ever looking to help one another to go volunteer there, they're never going to turn someone away if they're willing to help. – less
Volunteer Work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 3, 2014
Responsible for cleaning twenty-six bedroom home and preparing dinner for disease stricken children and their family members.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioMay 1, 2014
Pros: helping others
I went once a year with my vocational class to serve lunch to the families and sick children staying at the house for medical treatment
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: nice ladies
Cons: n/a
The ladies were every nice. They know how to work with each other and there aways happy.
Great Place
Assisted Administration Staff (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2014
Very easy job finished most of my work very early everyday, then would go on to help other departments if they needed assistance.
Productive workplace and great interactions
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVFebruary 12, 2014
A typical day would entail answering phones, assisting clients, and helping the guests that were staying keep the house clean and in good condition.
While working there I learned that it is hard to please everyone and that sometimes you have to do your best and hope they are understanding
The hardest part of my job was when I had to tell guests they – more... had to leave due to violating the rules – less
Ronald McDonald
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fresno, CADecember 5, 2013
I prepared food with other teenage parents, served Ronnald McDonald families, and played games with them as well.
Productive and free lunches on the company
Weekend Relief Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 15, 2013
Pros: fleixable schedule and more job opportunity
Cons: co workers that don't want to do their jobs and bad attitudes.
My typical day at work includes auditing accounts and verifying cosmotologist licenses. I learn to deal with different personalities and working in a stressful environments. Working with management is great because she has an open door policy. My co-workers are outgoing and loving people to be around. The hardest part of my job is when the computer – more... system crashes. I enjoy meeting and learning new and exciting ways to complete daily assignments. – less
Fun and rewarding experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: uplifting others
Cons: temporary position
Worked with a fine staff who were very uplifting personalities. Wrote hand-written thank yous for supporters to the Ronald McDonald House.

The hardest part of the job was when the job ended and all the thank yous were completed. The enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was going to make someone's day by getting an unexpected thank you in the mail.
fun work place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Pasadena, CASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: great learning experience
In a typical day I would facilitated activities with ill children, maintained cleanliness of house, assisted parents in transporting child to hospital, answered phones, gave tours and greeted visitors of the house. My supervisor would teach me how to talk to kids and make them feel better about themselves. The hardest part of the job was to see parents – more... struggle with their sick kids, but it made you feel better when you could helped them with any little thing that would make a huge impact for them. – less
A productive and rewarding place to work
House Manager (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: being able to cater to the families of ill children
Cons: short breaks
The most enjoyable part of the job were the young people and their families I was able to assist. Even though the kids were terminally ill, they were some of the brightest, energetic, and powerful kids anyone would ever meet in their lives.
Loved It
Secretary; Volunteer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no pay
this was a volunteer position that i took on and i loved all the staff because the treated me as if i was a permanent team member
Volunteer in the playroom
Playroom Supervisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 19, 2013
Pros: seeing the smiles on the children's faces
Cons: it can be sad at times
I volunteer every other Saturday night from 6 to 9 in the playroom of the Ronald McDonald House. I play with the children, do arts and crafts with them, play board games, or help them put on a show and dress up. I have learned to not take things for granite because these kids go through some really tough things. I absolutely love being with the children – more... and watching them enjoy themselves. It can be very sad and overwhelming but it is important to not let the children see that and to bring an upbeat positive energy to them. – less
I volunteered to cook and help with fund raisers for Ronald McDonald House
Volunteer (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMay 20, 2013
In highschool, I went through a interview process and got the opportunity to be on a committee to raise money and volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House. It was a great experience and I would definitely do it again.
Great place to volunteer with lots of small jobs.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 12, 2013
Pros: plenty of work
Volunteering here gave me a good amount of experience in fixing small things and cleaning all parts of a house. My jobs ranged anywhere from changing a light bulb to raking leaves to cleaning floors. I had a great time learning how to do different tasks and the friendly management helped make that possible.
love it here
Volunteer (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 24, 2013
very nice people, everyone went out of their way to make sure you were happy, management was outstanding
Fun Work Place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 22, 2013
• A typical day at work consisted of reading to the children and families whom resided in the Ronald McDonald House.
• I learned that life is a special thing to cherish your family and friends because anything can happen, watching those families from different cities coming to live in the house to support and be by their child/children’s side.
• Management – more... was very fun she welcomed us with open arms and explained this very well.
• My co-workers were a range of different ages a few my age we enjoyed what we did and each other as well.
• The hardest part of my job was seeing the sick children and not being able to really help them nor their families.
• The part I enjoyed about my job was getting to see the children smile when I read them a book or played games with them. – less
SO-SO
Resident Manager (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: free apartment
Cons: couldnt leave campus while on call.
6-9, on campus appartment, on call 9pm-8am
How to direct and organize groups
Seldom interacted, my job was the night shift
seldon interacted, my job was the night shift
working late into the night
free apartment
fun and very necessary
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: free snacks, and got to help people who needed it.
Cons: nothing
i had a lot of fun volunteering here because i got to do some work and also it made me feel good about the work i was doing because it was helping the families with cancer patients. i got to bring in materials, clean, meet some of the patients, and clean.
a great place to volunteer
volunteer (Former Employee), orange,CAJanuary 7, 2013
i learned how to respect and care for people. this place provides comforting 'home away from home" for families with seriously ill children receiving treatment.