Ronald McDonald House

Ronald McDonald House Employee Reviews

Excellent program providing vital humanitarian relief to families
Director of Development/ Phila (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Inspiring to see how families fight for their children and support one another
Cons: Emotionally difficult to witness the trials families must endure
One need only visit the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House, (the house that love built) to see that it does radiate that love. Families spend brief to long periods of time in clean and attractive sleeping areas while their children receive medical care at the local children's hospital. While at the PRMH, families also receive support from staff as well as excellent home-cooked meals mostly provided by civic, religious and educational groups who bring the food and use the in house kitchen to cook a nurturing meal. Families eat together which gives them a place to share support from other families staying at the house. Its truly inspiring to see the healing support that is shared and given.
Good Company
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 10, 2015
This company is there to help every family that needed help. They never said no to anyone and everyone there was very nice. There they were in charged of making the food for the kids in the hospital.
Positive setting. Tend to patients of St. Jude and their families.
Shift Volunteer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Doing what I can to help the families. Creating less stress for the families.
Cons: It can be very stressful and hectic, Hearing about patients that have passed away is extremely difficult.
I monitor the front desk and help the children and their families in anyway that I'm capable. I've learned patience, understanding, and ambition. It's a very friendly place to be. I get the most out of being able to help people and put joy in peoples lives when there may not be much at the time. Creating a friendship with the families can be bittersweet at times.
The Job is rewarding
Evening/Overnight Assistant Manager -Part-time (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great place to work
The hardest part of working their is getting close with the families, especially when they lose a love one. The job has it benefits and the co-workers are nice and we all get a long.
again, a nice place to work but it could be very sad.
Volunteer, Children's Events (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
this was a place that housed families and children that were diagnosed with cancer.
It was very rewarding to be able to see many of the children become cured and go home.
Humbling work experience
Volunteer and Community Service (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 20, 2015
Humbling experience to go in and volunteer with this great organization. Had a blast being able to make a difference each day.
friendly volunteer work
Volunteer Secretary (Former Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 16, 2015
secretary work
everyone was a team player
helping terminally ill kids
sad place to be seeing others that dont have a home
front est help (Former Employee), mesaJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: playing with kids
Cons: not much to do
Help set up for the next family who stays over.
keeping the kids entertained
answering phones and any questions needed
fun workplace nice people
Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 20, 2014
This job was no pay , it was volunteer work and I liked it very much. I loved being around the children and helping out. The hardest part was seeing the children go through there conditions because I got so close to them
House and family room
Volunteer (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 28, 2014
• Receptionist for families
• Help with housekeeping
• Assist staff members when needed
A loving environment
Window Washer (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: tast testing the good food prepared by the
Cons: that i volunteer only two days per week
Great place to work , all the families and children are very nice to me.
This job help me to see how management skills can help your overall self confidence as a person and abilities to perform in any profession.
Guess Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2014
This job has helped me to manage my time and confront situations at hand on a need too basis. I have also learned to think things through before making a concrete decision. Some situations have called for having to read materials before contacting someone for help. Communication is key when you are the only one on the job site. A good re-pore with your co-workers helps make your job easier. The hardest part of the job was having to figure things out that you weren't familiar with before you asked for help. The most enjoyable part of the job helping and comforting someone in a time of need.
The Ronald McDonald House in Winston Salem is a peaceful haven for families in need.
Guest Service Manager PRN (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCAugust 18, 2014
Pros: i was able to work with folks from all walks of life.
Cons: unable to leave the property for 48 hours at a time.
This was probably my most interesting position. I met and worked with the most interesting individuals. The work was not stressful but I felt fulfilled as a Ronald McDonald House employee.
Warm inviting work environment
Assistant Manager of Guest Services (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: getting to provide families piece of mind and safe environment
Cons: havig to inforce policy in lite of their given situations.
Your day was always different nothing typical. As a front office manager your day included updates on families that were staying in the RM House for local treatment of a child. Whether it was day surgery or long term stays or care flights to our local hospitals.
Making assessments on our current availability and future stays.
I learned that no matter what our day to day worries are their are people out there that are dealing with the suffering of a child and my issues are just not that important and the job that I an doing will allow me to help so many. I learned a lot from my co-workers they worked together at all time to insure these families didn't have t worry about a place to lay their heads when they were to tired to go on. The hardest part of my job was helping a family that had loss a child prepare to go home without them. Gathering there belongings and seeing them off. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how happy and relaxed the families were in the house after planned activities with incoming scheduled groups. No matter what their condition the kids they just wanted to be normal and have fun. Seeing those parents smiles helped make the job a place to call home away from home.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), New Hyde Park, NYAugust 2, 2014
I had just been a volunteer but I learned a great deal about the world, different cultures as well as responsibility, hard work and dedication.
I had the chance to
• Interacted with families from around the world
• Helped to settle families into rooms and provide assistance to make them comfortable
• Answered phones and greeted visitors
Fun.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 6, 2014
Pros: helping people, getting experience
Cons: seeing families leave without their children.
While working at Ronald McDonald house I loved everything about it. All of the team members and guests were nothing but nice while working there. Answering phone calls, and being able to see families leave to go home with their now healthy children was the main thing I loved about my job. Among being with the team members my co-workers were people I looked forward to seeing when I'd walk in. There were plenty of days I went in stressed and I was able to enjoy my job. Even on days when families lost one of their loved ones while staying there, as members we helped them through their tough time and made sure they were able to get anything and everything they needed. Ronald McDonald house made me grow up and see things I never thought I would, which is why I recommend anyone who's ever looking to help one another to go volunteer there, they're never going to turn someone away if they're willing to help.
Volunteer Work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 3, 2014
Responsible for cleaning twenty-six bedroom home and preparing dinner for disease stricken children and their family members.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioMay 1, 2014
Pros: helping others
I went once a year with my vocational class to serve lunch to the families and sick children staying at the house for medical treatment
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: nice ladies
Cons: n/a
The ladies were every nice. They know how to work with each other and there aways happy.
Great Place
Assisted Administration Staff (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2014
Very easy job finished most of my work very early everyday, then would go on to help other departments if they needed assistance.

1 2 3

About Ronald McDonald House

It’s something we see every day – children healing because they’re surrounded by their families. And while RMHC – Read more