Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center Employee Reviews

great environment to work
CCU RN (Current Employee) –  Westwood, CAOctober 15, 2017
Nurses in this hospital care and always there to help each other. You will learn a lot since they always have the complicated cases that other hospitals can't handle. There are stressful times, but which type of work doesn't? especially with nursing.
Fun workplace
Student respiratory care practitioner (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesSeptember 3, 2017
I had a great experience as a student. The staff was nice and I was allowed to do more than most of my colleagues. Being a hands on learner, having the Respiratory staff being so autonomous helped me learn easier.
Nice Place
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 27, 2017
Its a great place to work. Just looking to increase income and change of culture. I really don't like the fact that employees must pay for parking and get assigned far away from direct work place.
good
Sr. Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Westwood, CAJuly 7, 2017
A lot of various people from different walks of life. New research studies are done which creates a learning environment. Fast paced workload keeps you on your toes
Great place to work!
Sr. Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2017
I worked as a Clerk here and had a good time. The experience is totally worth it. Being in the medical field and now a medical student, it helped me gain exposure to the workings of a Trauma care hospital.
Great
Intern Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2017
I like working at UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical center.
Friendly Staff, and very rewarding.
I work in the Children's hospital.
Fun working experience with a lot of opportunities to grow
Clinical Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2017
I started here as a student nurse and it gave me the opportunity to grow and learn more about the different specialties of nursing.
Awesome place to work.
Asst. Director/Educator Critical Care Transport (Current Employee) –  WestJanuary 3, 2017
Ronald Reagan UCLA is rated #5 in the United States! Innovative cutting edge experience to be had at this quaternary tertiary teaching hospital. Multiple avenues for a RN who loves their job and has a desire to be the best!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Traffic is horrible
Stressful
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2017
There is no teamwork within the department. People were unwilling to train new people. There was no onboarding process to help new hires. You are left to learn on your own,
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hard to get hired on permanently
active and a fun place to work
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2016
I was an intern and I enjoyed putting in my hours. everything is good about this place. positive environment. I cant share as much information since I was only an intern but every experience was excellent.
Ucla or
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 27, 2015
The Operating Room at Ronald Reagan UCLA is one of the best environments I've had the pleasure of working in. Benefits and salary are amazing and constantly finding ways to improve an already impeccable system.
Ucla
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Respiratory DeptOctober 1, 2015
Great place to work. Very professional staff that is willing to hire and teach new grads. Patient interaction is great at UCLA, and all employees follow.
Fun workplace with great staff
Lift Team Tech (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2015
Fun workplace great staff with long hours but lost of work to be done. Lost of heavy lifting and at times can be rewarding but and make for long days.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
lots of work no down time
Top Ranked Hospital
Admin, Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2015
Direct telephone contact with health care insurers, transcription of information as quoted, type, proofread and mail clarification correspondence, answer telephone and written inquiries, maintaining filing systems.

Financial cleared pre-transplant patients.

Conducted benefit verification and provide administrative support. Performed insurance eligibility checks
retrieve and maintain information and prepare documents; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during the course of the work.
Pros
great resume builder
Cons
hard to transfer between departments
Productive & busy.
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 4, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
13 Holidays & 10 sick time allowed
Cons
Very short breaks
Great work hours and great team work with majority of the co-workers
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2015
Assist patient with seeing the doctor.
Great team work with most of the co-workers.
Seeing sick patients is the hardest part of my job.
The best part of my job is when patient give the staff good reviews which is often.
Pros
Hours and benefits
Cons
communication between management and staff
Fantastic place to work
Nurse Supervisor (Administrative Nurse IV) (Current Employee) –  los angelesMarch 30, 2015
a lot of learning opportunities and rewarding experiences. The most enjoyable part is interacting with patients and other team members to help ensure patient safety and comfort. UCLA is a place where most if not all treatment modalities are performed providing more than enough educational opportunities for those who are willing to learn.
Patient Access Coordinator ER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Greets patients, prepares, explains and maintains necessary paperwork for emergency room registration and hospital admissions
Cons
No room for growth and no respect from managements
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2014
I had a terrible time working under management that was disrespectful, ignorant and not helpful to the team.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
disrespectful
Great place to develop your career.
Administrative Assistant III Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAJune 30, 2014
Very fast paced environment. A bunch of fun time and productivity.
Benefits
Cons
Favortism