Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center Employee Reviews

UCLA
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Respiratory DeptOctober 1, 2015
Great place to work. Very professional staff that is willing to hire and teach new grads. Patient interaction is great at UCLA, and all employees follow.
Fun workplace with great staff
Lift Team Tech (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2015
Fun workplace great staff with long hours but lost of work to be done. Lost of heavy lifting and at times can be rewarding but and make for long days.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
lots of work no down time
Top Ranked Hospital
Admin, Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2015
Direct telephone contact with health care insurers, transcription of information as quoted, type, proofread and mail clarification correspondence, answer telephone and written inquiries, maintaining filing systems.

Financial cleared pre-transplant patients.

Conducted benefit verification and provide administrative support. Performed insurance eligibility checks
retrieve and maintain information and prepare documents; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during the course of the work.
Pros
great resume builder
Cons
hard to transfer between departments
PRODUCTIVE & BUSY.
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 4, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
13 HOLIDAYS & 10 SICK TIME ALLOWED
Cons
VERY SHORT BREAKS
Great work hours and great team work with majority of the co-workers
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2015
Assist patient with seeing the doctor.
Great team work with most of the co-workers.
Seeing sick patients is the hardest part of my job.
The best part of my job is when patient give the staff good reviews which is often.
Pros
Hours and benefits
Cons
communication between management and staff
Fantastic place to work
Nurse Supervisor (Administrative Nurse IV) (Current Employee) –  los angelesMarch 30, 2015
a lot of learning opportunities and rewarding experiences. The most enjoyable part is interacting with patients and other team members to help ensure patient safety and comfort. UCLA is a place where most if not all treatment modalities are performed providing more than enough educational opportunities for those who are willing to learn.
Patient Access Coordinator ER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Greets patients, prepares, explains and maintains necessary paperwork for emergency room registration and hospital admissions
No room for growth and no respect from managements
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2014
I had a terrible time working under management that was disrespectful, ignorant and not helpful to the team.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
disrespectful
Great place to develop your career.
Administrative Assistant III Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAJune 30, 2014
Very fast paced environment. A bunch of fun time and productivity.
benefits
Cons
favortism
A great place to work, grow, and learn
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 21, 2014
I have worked here since I graduated with my ADN. I have since pursued a BSN with the support of management. They have always been flexible with my preferred work hours, of course after putting in my fair share of nights and weekends in the first half of my career. The UCLA Health System is very organized and supports their RNs well, with continuing education, certification reviews, and recognition from administration. They encourage advancement clinically and educationally, hence the Magnet designation. The patient cases are challenging, which allows for a strong learning curve. I have come to think of UCLA colleagues as my family. I have been very fortunate in having the opportunity to be a part of UCLA.
Great learning experience
Principal Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 17, 2014
Fast-paced environment and promoting a great customer service satisfaction and experience is crucial.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unpredictable schedule
Strong Healthcare
Administration & Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles CAMarch 12, 2014
Patient centric for all stakeholder in the health system. Sometimes to the detriment of staff. Great benefits. Very poor parking and cost of parking.
Cons
parking
Great learning environment and awesome location
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Westwood, CANovember 18, 2013
Great first job, benefits and learning environment! Location in Westwood and surrounding area is busy and full of places to eat.
Really the BEST in the West
Sr. LVN (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2013
Excellent work environment with numerous opportunities for learning and research. The hospital provides leading patient care and service to the consumer and excellent care in this side of the country.
Productive environment that promotes personal and professional development
Application Coordinator, Inpatient Orders (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 6, 2013
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center is a premier academic medical center that is committed to delivering the best medical care.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
no cons
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center Rated Best in the West.
Ultrasound Technology Externship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2013
 Performed level I, level II and third trimester scans including high-risk pregnancies.
 Interpreted sonograms and prepared data for preliminary diagnosis.
 Prepared patients and instruments for amniocentesis, Saline Infusion Sonohystogram, CVS, SIS, D&C, biopsies, & other invasive procedures.
 Utilized 3D and 4D imaging.
 Use of M-mode and Color Doppler of the fetal heart, umbilical cord, ductus venosus, and ductus arteriosus.
 Performed Nuchal translucency & detailed fetal surveys, placenta location, growth &sizing sonograms.
 Recorded diagnostic data on magnetic tape, computer disk, strip printout to keep permanent record of test results.
 Maintained stock and supplies, and prepared supplies for special examinations.
Pros
ronald reagan ucla medical center, one of the country's most prestigious hospitals
Cons
very busy place & very big place
A thankless employer
Operating Room/Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2013
Everyone goes above and beyond but in their evaluations they are always graded as 'needs improvement' or 'meets expectation'. A pay raise is only given if you receive a 'exceeds expectations' remark. Never happened or happens. I was once told that I have to do whatever management says no matter if its part of my job description or not. We were once told by our manager, "if I ask you to clean the floors, then you clean the floors. If you don't like it there's the door. Cause we've got plenty of applicants lined up that would love to have your job." IIt took me 2.5 years to realize There are better places to work. And that I would find better. And I did. But I'd like to thank them for training me how to "exceed expectations" in my field cause now Im amazing wherever I go:)
Pros
gain a lot of experience from some of the most skilled professionals
Cons
they do not value their employees
A good place to learn
Radiologic Technology Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Imaging DepartmentApril 1, 2013
I was only at Ronald Reagan UCLA Hospital as a student. The RT's were all knowledgeable and the facility provided many areas to learn from.
Pros
everyone likes to teach
Cons
traffic, parking
Really nice place to work for
Administrative Care Partner/Patient Biller (Current Employee) –  Westwood, CAMarch 25, 2013
Love my job and the various experiences I have encountered from every walk of life. It does get very hectic at times only because peoples lives are on the line, so that's to be expected.
Pros
people
Cons
no encouragement to soar higher, in another department
Great place to work with great people.
Hospital Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2012
Ucla Medical Center speaks for itself. Its a great place to work and the benefits are awesome. I learned how to work as a team and how to provide great customer service by using CI-Care. I only left to finish school and earn my Radiologic Technology license. I hope to once again work for such a fine company.

4.4