The loan originator will use his or her industry knowledge, marketing and sales strengths to find prospects, generate leads, and convert application opportunities to loans. The loan originator will develop long-term relationships with clients and referral partners. He or she will also provide mortgage planning and financial counsel. Will ensure that reports and client documentation are accurate and done in a timely manner. Will abide by all the ethical rules and regulatory guidelines in all aspects of the work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs any functions necessary, within the scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of customer service and responsiveness to the financial needs of our customers served by Rondout Savings Bank.
- Responsible for strict adherence to the bank’s “Excellence in Quality Service Standards
- Actively solicits residential mortgage loans spending a majority of the work day outside of the office performing this task.
- Informs prospective loan clients of the financial institution’s underwriting guidelines and applicable government regulations
- Personally interviews all loan applicants
- Completes each loan application and all pre-processing functions in a timely manner to permit the good faith estimate to be mailed within the requested period
- Screens loan requests based on financial institution policies and on types of loans offered by the institution
- Researches new legislation and regulations that may affect the financial institution’s residential lending policies. Ensures compliance with new rules by advising the VP of Lending and implementing the appropriate changes
- Personally answers incoming calls and schedules appointments
- Communicates complex approvals or denials to the borrower
- Distributes market data, rate flyers and general loan information to the real estate community as directed by financial institution management
- Actively participates in local business and community activities and maintains close contact with local builders, real estate brokers and agents, customers and prospects
- Provide excellent customer service to borrowers and potential borrowers
- Takes residential mortgage loan applications and offers or negotiates terms of a mortgage loan.
- Cross-sell other bank products during the loan process.
- Fosters open lines of communication Bank wide.
- Participate in bank sponsored community activities
- Responsible for adherence to requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Responsible for adherence to all banking policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining individual development through trainings & other initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- 3-5 years mortgage sales experience required.
- Dynamic and proven sales track record
- Good oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with Clients and real estate agents about the Bank’s loan programs and policies.
- Proactive, self-motivated, disciplined with excellent time management.
- Builds rapport and confidence quickly; works effectively with assertive temperaments.
- Must have a professional image.
- Computer & office equipment skills